NO MORE Masks while boarding!!!

wemjam

Just happened to see this change on Carnival's page.  Masks now RECOMMENDED, doesn't say required during embarkation and debarkation!

MASKS & PHYSICAL DISTANCING (UPDATED 04/21/22)

We recommend guests wear face masks while indoors, except when eating or drinking or in their own staterooms, and when in large congregate events outdoors where physical distancing cannot be maintained. Masks are highly recommended during the entire embarkation and debarkation process and while on public transportation in a U.S. port. Masks are required in the medical center.

When going ashore, guests must be prepared to follow all local guidance regarding masks and physical distancing. The status of local guidelines will be shared with guests prior to debarkation at the destination.

As advised by health experts, guests are recommended to use higher-grade masks indoors (such as surgical or KN95) that have two or more layers, completely cover the nose and mouth, fit snugly against the sides of the face and have a nose wire.

Guests are not required to maintain physical distance on board the ship.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, travelhound said:

At the very least, they should eliminate the testing for fully vaccinated passengers 🙂

Agree, but then the debate will start about the definition of fully vaccinated. Booster? second booster?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Agree, but then the debate will start about the definition of fully vaccinated. Booster? second booster?

The definition of fully vaccinated is settled.

Up to date is the one that is in flux as additional boosters are added.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mz-s said:

The definition of fully vaccinated is settled.

Up to date is the one that is in flux as additional boosters are added.

DW and I just got our second boosters earlier this week. I noticed that there is no more room on the CDC card for additional shots. I asked the person who took our information, and he shrugged. I asked the person administering the actual shot, and he thought that maybe they would have to provide a new card if more boosters were recommended.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

and then the debate on whether it's more likely for a fully vaccinated person NOT to know they are infected due to lack of symptoms, thus MORE important for a vaccinated person to take a test before boarding...  it's all just a headache to think about.

• Like 1

We debarked yesterday and it was nice to not have to wear them off of the ship. We also did not have to wear them anywhere in the Bahamas. The only time we needed them was embarking the ship. It was weird for us to wear them embarking the ship, because we have not needed to wear one here since April 2021. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

DW and I just got our second boosters earlier this week. I noticed that there is no more room on the CDC card for additional shots. I asked the person who took our information, and he shrugged. I asked the person administering the actual shot, and he thought that maybe they would have to provide a new card if more boosters were recommended.

We got our second boosters 3 weeks ago - we now have 3 cards since I forgot to take our booster cards with us for the 2nd booster.  🤦‍♀️  When we got our first two vaccines (at a drive up place one county over), they printed out stickers with the info and the 2 stickers took up the whole front of the card.  So when we went to CVS for our 1st booster, the person gave us a new card with handwritten info and now we have a 3rd handwritten card.  I keep all 3 in a clear plastic sleeve.

59 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

There will be more boosters, that much is certain. Pfizer has already said they're going to recommend another this fall.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

There will be more boosters, that much is certain. Pfizer has already said they're going to recommend another this fall.

Well of course. Wouldn't want to let that revenue stream disappear, now would we? 😉

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Holding off on booster #2, until we feel the need for the boost (of protection), since it wanes so quickly. 

.I'm doing the same. I'm going to wait until mid-July to early August. We have a cruise Sept. 24- Oct. 2. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Holding off on booster #2, until we feel the need for the boost (of protection), since it wanes so quickly. 

We are also waiting, but waiting to see about future waves. If a new substantial wave comes along we'll get the second booster then. We would also like to wait and see in they come up with better shots.

• Like 2

Per the LA County Public Health Department, masks continue to be required at all "transportation hubs" in Los Angeles County (which would include the Long Beach cruise terminal, as "seaports or other indoor port terminals" are specifically included in the order). 

Apparently I'm in a very small minority here, but I applaud this decision and wish other ports were the same. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, AQW said:

Per the LA County Public Health Department, masks continue to be required at all "transportation hubs" in Los Angeles County (which would include the Long Beach cruise terminal, as "seaports or other indoor port terminals" are specifically included in the order). 

Apparently I'm in a very small minority here, but I applaud this decision and wish other ports were the same. 

As an L.A. County resident, it been around 2 years we’ve been wearing masks. Or at least I have. 😷 I just don’t feel as safe without one in groups of people. Yes, I’m in the minority too!  

I have a pre-existing condition that raises the risk of long term effects of Covid. Per my GP at Kaiser.  I have serious concerns if the country’s No Mask Needed was Political or Medical.

🛳🛳

Bobbi

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

As an L.A. County resident, it been around 2 years we’ve been wearing masks. Or at least I have. 😷 I just don’t feel as safe without one in groups of people. Yes, I’m in the minority too!  

I have a pre-existing condition that raises the risk of long term effects of Covid. Per my GP at Kaiser.  I have serious concerns if the country’s No Mask Needed was Political or Medical.

🛳🛳

Bobbi

You are not alone standing in a group of people I would still wear one too. Please keep muster drill the as it is now!🙃

• Like 4

6 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Cloth masks are still better than nothing.

And of course, the best masks are useless if worn as chin diapers.

The pandemic still sets the schedule and is still being aided

by those who can't, or refuse to, follow simple instructions. 

Mankind doesn't like that the virus is still in charge!

Canada now enduring Wave Number SIX, and here we are

pretending that this thing is over!

Good luck to the gamblers!

• Like 5