MDR kids filet mignon isn’t available on the reflection or equinox, have you seen it recently?

NutsAboutGolf

There are many important things, Twitter accepting musks offer, the Ukrainian invasion, $6 gas and less importantly the kids tenderloin no longer appearing on the menu and can’t be special ordered.  Had it on the Millie in Feb, didn’t see it and couldn’t be ordered on the Apr 2nd reflection sailing and the same for the Equinox.  Have you seen it the past couple months?

We sailed on the Silhouette in March.  We were in main dining.   I asked for the kid's tenderloin filet and was told "they no longer offer it".  I found that ridiculous since they have tenderloins in the specialty restaurants. They can easily cut an 8 oz filet into two portions.... and serve guests in the main dining room.

Two days later, we were in the ensemble lounge and discussing the food options.  When I mentioned that the kid's tenderloin wasn't available - I was surprised to hear that one of the couples had ordered it the night before and GOT IT!     Sure hope they bring it back because it is the perfect size for a smaller appetite.

Yikes, this is concerning! 🤨 I am more of a plain eater and definitely a lighter eater, so it was the perfect size for me. I ordered it successfully probably 5x on our B2B (21 nights total) on the Silhouette January 12-February 4.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the experience-level of the wait staff and their willingness to go above the normal level of service?

In Jan/Feb 2022 we DID have an excellent and experienced wait staff in the MDR, nothing was ever a problem for them to get! In contrast, I recall that I had problems getting the kid’s filet a few years ago on one of our Alaska cruises. On that cruise, the waiter was SO new, she said she had been on the ship / in the waiter role for only three weeks. Almost everything ‘was a problem’ during that MDR experience, including the ordering of the filet.

I will be interested in other comments/ recent experiences, since we have a 14-nighter on the Silhouette coming up soon. 

You do realize you can just order the standard Filet…….and eat 1/2 of it?……or share it?…..or tell the waitstaff you want the Filet but just cut it in 1/2 if you are worried about waste?……I just found the title and phrase ‘Kids Filet Mignon’ to be kind of funny…don’t you???

den

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe we ate it.!!! 😁

We are on Silhouette and had it 2 nights ago.   The waiter apologized that they only had 8 ounce fillet's so they were large.   I kidded him and said he could have cut them in half. He really laughed hard.

4 hours ago, Denny01 said:

You do realize you can just order the standard Filet…….and eat 1/2 of it?……or share it?…..or tell the waitstaff you want the Filet but just cut it in 1/2 if you are worried about waste?……I just found the title and phrase ‘Kids Filet Mignon’ to be kind of funny…don’t you???

den

Of course that would be straight forward - but a standard fillet is not included on the regular MDR Menu!!

• Thanks 1

The child filet is a go-to for me ever since I learned about it on Cruise Critic! My Sis-in-Law goes for the child spaghetti bolognese frequently. I would think that the more adults who order from the children's menu, the more profit for Celebrity!

4 minutes ago, dodger1964 said:

Just order the full size version, cut in half and send the other half to my room!!   

If they had the full size one in the MDR I would order it and probably manage to clear my plate. Sorry nothing to send on to your room 😜

8 hours ago, laslomas said:

Of course that would be straight forward - but a standard fillet is not included on the regular MDR Menu!!

For a filet, simply ask.  Have always had one brought to my wife.  I love it when she gets a filet because I get some of hers along with my fish.

Again, are there supply issues?  Absolutely. 

4 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

For a filet, simply ask.  Have always had one brought to my wife.  I love it when she gets a filet because I get some of hers along with my fish.

The only filet mignon in the MDR (the Beef Tournedos) has been removed from the menu. Back in 2019 when in Luminae was told by the manager that I was not allowed to order anything not on the menu.

I just checked the app for my 7 night Solstice cruise to Alaska and it is not even showing any kind of kids menu yet. Solstice just recently got added to the app and there are some changes on the order of things on the menu--like prime rib on last night instead of 1st one and Lobster on 2nd night instead of 2nd to last night as seemed to be typical. Might have to change one of my specialty restaurant reservations...

Wait just a gosh darn minute here. You mean Celebrity was offering a kid's sized Filet Mignon to those little ankle biters while those kids' parents or grandparents, who actually paid real money for their cruises and those ankle biters' cruises, couldn't get an adult sized Filet mignon in the MDR? 🤬

I  bet you that none of those little freeloaders ever had to go up the X's Mr. Bumble to ask;  

image.jpeg.a6a32ff5640171307e129057d185f131.jpeg

They just snapped their little fingers for the waiter.

We really need to re-open some of those coal mines! 😉

Edited by DirtyDawg

1 hour ago, dgoz said:

I just checked the app for my 7 night Solstice cruise to Alaska and it is not even showing any kind of kids menu yet. Solstice just recently got added to the app and there are some changes on the order of things on the menu--like prime rib on last night instead of 1st one and Lobster on 2nd night instead of 2nd to last night as seemed to be typical. Might have to change one of my specialty restaurant reservations...

The prime rib at the end is typical for Solstice in Alaska.  It has been that way for years for some reason.

• Like 1

Raw meat. Ew!

Suggestion:

Celeb should offer some  foods in half portions for adults.. Some days  we might not want full dinner portions , some of us cannot eat so much in one meal....esp beef, carbs etc

I usually order double veggies and no carbs or just half a baked potato .  The salad entrees are often excellent!

Edited by hcat

8 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

1 hour ago, TommyD3 said:

Got the children's filet onboard Reflection about two weeks ago. Asked for two cooked medium. Only able to get one which was extremely under-cooked.

20220410_182934.thumb.jpg.01aebb8563b76bb451881d266da28d04.jpg

I asked for the filet on the reflection 3 weeks ago and now on the equinox, was told they no longer have it.  Best guess is it depends on the server