Rotterdam Waalhaven

Volendam  

Ships Without Passengers

Portland, OR

Westerdam  

0527World.thumb.png.c18c5e78c243b05b86dd571ee3b961fe.png
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 12

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.  Happy Friday!

We've got fog this morning and rain in the forecast.

Don't fry Friday.  Sun screen day.  That's good advice, always use sunblock.  It's important to prevent some of those skin cancers.

Interesting quote.

Not sure about the meal, I'll wait until I see recipes and pictures.

The drink sounds good, hope the wine is too.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 30

Good Friday morning everyone!  I’ll use my sunscreen so that I don’t fry today.  I’m not really a wig out sort so I’ll pass.  I really like the quote and it’s true.  The meal suggestion, drink and wine all spell a winner in my book, yum.  I haven’t been to today’s port,hopefully there are some nice pictures forthcoming.  I think that I’ll just pray for the whole world today, that nations stop fighting, that people stop hating and that the sick are healed.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Blueberry Margarita:

Ingredients
2 parts DeKuyper® Blueberry Schnapps Liqueur
1 part Sauza® Silver Tequila
4 parts Sour Mix

Instructions
Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Shake and strain into a margarita glass with crushed ice.

Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 6.37.26 AM.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 9

Good afternoon.

It is 59°F and sunny here in North East England.

Thank you for posting today's daily Rich.

A great selection of days especially as we are entering summer and warm weather.

Wigs can be fun for some people but for cancer patients who have lost their hair with chemotherapy they are a blessing.

The quote is true especially for dementia patients as we know after caring exclusively for Pauline's late mam for the last 4 years of her life with Alzheimer's and Vascular Dementia.

Prayers 🙏 for better health and recovery for everyone on the care list.

I hope everyone has a nice day and  lovely weekend.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220527_114401.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, everyone!

It is a rainy day today but that's ok as we needed some rain.  Not much on the agenda except the pool at 8.

Today's meal is a Czech meat patty. Karbanátky (singular: karbanátek) are fried meat patties that are eaten in the Czech Republic, in central Europe. A mixture of ground meats (pork and beef) are seasoned, and chopped onion, garlic, egg, parsley and spices are added. They are rolled in to balls, gently flattened and then they are rolled in breadcrumbs and fried in oil or lard. Translated into English, karbanátek means “hamburger” or “meatball”.

https://www.196flavors.com/czech-republic-karbanatky/

1335793714_karbanatky1.thumb.jpg.e71aec611d474d1e32e60ee0c1af6292.jpg

Here is a slightly different version.  https://www.cooklikeczechs.com/karbanatek-recipe/

641979_karbanatky2.thumb.jpg.be1e856694b1c7f6a8a23ebae8102b05.jpg

And one last one that uses ground turkey.   https://www.tresbohemes.com/2015/10/czech-fried-meat-patties-aka-karbanatky/

Karbanatky-Tres-Bohemes-Style-4.jpg.eed0dee748da2b9adf99a2728c40ee42.jpg

Prayers for all who need them, especially Ukraine, those victimized by gun violence, and our Daily family members facing challenges.  Cheers to all who are celebrating, especially aboard a ship!   Wishing you all a good day.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 6

Good morning all. Thanks Rich. I have arrived in Mobile. 2700 miles all by myself. With son’s  help the uhaul is unloaded and returned. Son has done so much work getting the house ready by fixing things and cleaning. I’ve painted three room. And been kayaking twice. Next week son, grandson and I rent a car to cross the country again to return to Oregon. Many things to do once we get back but for me they include getting my cabin on the river officially for sale and final visits with family at the cabin. Then another trip with my jeep and Casita travel trailer across to Mobile. Hopefully the last trip will be more leisurely. One very busy summer so I may not post a lot but I am lurking and I care about my Dailyite family. 

• Like 38
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! It is a bit overcast this morning. Hopefully it will burn off. I need to get out in the yard and do some dead-heading. 

Roy, glad your transition day went smoothly! Morning Dailyites. I am still trying to workout a gym routine. They have so many great classes going on at the same time, that it is taking me quite a while to figure out the ones I want to do. If you had told me a month ago that I would try barbell & kickboxing classes - I would have laughed in your face. That will teach me. 

Tonight I am dedicating to reading the tribute the New York Times put out to the Uvalde victims. I owe it to them. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Gnarly Head 2019 Merlot (Central Coast)

Merlot lovers, make a note of this one. It sounds adventurous and bold! Excellent ratings and a price that makes it very easy to try. Numerous online distributors with prices starting at $8.99.

Winemaker Notes

This Merlot is a bold wine grown from some of the oldest vines in California. Gnarly Head’s untamed vines produce full-flavored grapes, dense with aromas of dark red fruits, mocha and a hint of vanilla. This complex and velvety wine boasts a rich and full bodied structure for those who like big wines with a little attitude.

Enjoy this wine with grilled sirloin burgers, a hearty lasagna or finish big with molten chocolate cake!

Critical Acclaim

WE92
Wine Enthusiast

This widely available bottling impresses on multiple levels, beginning with a ripe and rugged nose of boysenberry, cherry, leather, iodine and smoke. There's compelling texture to the sip, where smoked meat, mocha and coffee flavors sink into the deep, dark fruit.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 8

Good Morning!  After a week of on and off rain, and yes it is cloudy again, the sun is coming up in the east (down into the holler) and to my right in the west, the sky is dark.  Since most of our storms come in from the west, I'm hoping that this one is brief or nonexistent all together.  But when I put the food out for Fawn the morning, ( she sleeps on the porch)the air was crisp and cool.

The new stray that has adopted us for his food, was curled up in the car port this morning also.

Furnando insists that I wake up at 6,  that's when he is hungry, and I didn't get to sleep until 2,  so it will be a day of me dreaming of a nap.  While sitting on the phone, and staring at the wall with nothing but a map of Kodiak Island.  

I love the quote today, I dont think it indicates loss of brain power, but by the time we are old, we are sick of the reality around us, and a fairy tale, with a happy ending is a good place to be in.  Especially after this week.

75816d1b0e59c4ffa0569a683eaf3d5a.jpg

d42aa6bec725ea8fcad2b0fde511e8e1.jpg

Have a great day!  It's a Formula 1 weekend, so I'm off for donuts.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 23
  • Haha 15

Good morning. After two days of rain that measured 8” in my rain gauge we awake to a beautiful day. It should be nice throughout the weekend with high’s in the 80’s.

We have been to Pago Pago and will see if I can post some pictures later on.

Watched Sandi and her husband sail out of Port Everglades last night and I do hope they enjoy their adventure.

Lot’s of things to reflect on this weekend. The tragedy that occurred in Texas, the folks of Ukraine and especially those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for their country throughout our beginning. Special thoughts for close comrades that I had the honor and privilege of serving with.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend but make time to remember our brave fallen heroes.🇺🇸🙏

• Like 36

Good Friday morning. No need for sunscreen yet here.  Currently 48 degrees.  Perhaps some sun for our solar system today. Everything is working but my new batteries for the system are sitting on a shelf in Marquette.  No dock in yet so boat is sitting wrapped in the yard. Wifi in truck working great. A reliable phone call is 1/2 mile away.  Fishing is relayed as poor so we can wait on the boat in the water. 

Happy Memorial Day as we recognize those who fought for our freedom.✝️

Prayers for all on Roy's care list. 🙏 

My view this morning. 

IMG_20220527_071950674.jpg

• Like 31

Good morning everyone. I just ordered sunscreen yesterday. I’m allergic to many brands. I don’t like to fry anything but the aide does and has set off the smoke alarm at least 5 times. Love the quote.

I’m off to the Opthomologist this am and then getting ready for the pool opening tomorrow.

Prayers for everyone on our list, the people of Ukraine and the people trying to make sense of the Texas shooting.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 30

1 hour ago, seagarsmoker said:

Thanks for the Daily Report and I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend! 

We finally found a pop-up blood drive where we can donate blood, so DW and I will be driving to Woodinville Monday. I hope they don't cancel it the last minute like the last couple times we have scheduled to give. Happy Memorial Day!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning  everyone. Today is my DS's 45th birthday. We spoke on the phone as he was headed into work.He is a School Superintendent  and said that this has been the most difficult  week he has ever had.The students and parents to are just devastated  by the shootings in Texas as we all are.

The executive  Chef and I decided on recipe number one.Thanks Debbie  @dfish!

I am making a huge amount of potato  salad  in anticipation  of the rain stopping by Sunday.We hope to BBQ outside and get Tana and her wheelchair up to the patio. Stairs are involved.She wants to try it so I am grateful. 

Take care everyone 

Terry

• Like 30

Thank you for the TGIF Daily, Rich.  I'll salute sunscreen and No Fry days but fortunately cancer has spared my hair so no wigs.  I like the quote.  Been to Pago Pago in 2018 on the Crystal Symphony.  The meal sounds interesting.  My alternative is Spaghetti All’ Arrabbiata and NSA vanilla ice cream, my consecutive cruisers embarkation lunch on the the Adventure of the Seas:

cons26.jpg

Today’s care list:

Robb Elementary School
Malinda with stage 4 cancer
Wildfire near durango scots
Heartgrove older sister in hospice nearing the end
Buddy with continuing problems ad problematic bone scan
From the rotation:
1Angelcat facing expensive medicines
Strength, peace, and healing for kazu
Cruzin Terri with continuing health problems
oceansaway17

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Volendam housing refugees
All but 1 BHB with guests
Hawaii getaway for Rowsby
Surgery set for dfish 1 June
cunnorl weekend wedding trip to Naples(FL)
Mamaofami’s grandson
kb4683 and StLouisCruisers meeting at sea
1 day for Dismomx5 and lazey1 (Koningsdam 5/28 to 6/4)
rafinmd (Adventure OTS to May 31), Atexsix (Discovery Princess to 5/29), kochleffel (NCL Jade to 5/29) and StLouisCruisers and kb4683(Island Princess  to 6/29) at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 28
  • Thanks 12

Good Morning Everyone,  thanks for the daily report.   Today's meal suggestion sounds like a winner. Thanks @dfish gor the pictures and recipes.   It's a cool misty morning with some humidity.   I just brewed my first batch of mint tea from the garden.  It smells wonderful. 

Some pictures from the garden. 

20220527_083039.thumb.jpg.0cd2f61edd180556c9cbb8f9ca106bab.jpg

20220527_083113.thumb.jpg.e07246bb760dca39d8ce073ec8871e34.jpg

20220527_083356.thumb.jpg.f73c9711af7ca9fa70480002c29013a7.jpg

• Like 36
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Gnarly Head 2019 Merlot

We often drink this wine.  Excellent for the price.

Naval Academy graduation today; the Blue Angels will fly. 

Memorial Day 2018 Best Memes: Funny Tweets & Photos

• Like 27