Live from Indy with UDP - 6/17/22 - 6/20/22 🍔🍺

1 minute ago, island lady said:

LOL....I forgot about that one.  😄 😄 

I just read this to him...his reply:   "That's because you found my face in the post office first".  😄 

I wasn't going to bring that up, but...😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Up for sunrise is easier on last day😉

Luckily we docked facing west so I could see it

20220620_064228.thumb.jpg.8225fa8d096a818ec5769a0e3f927946.jpg

Wasn't totally positive this was Freedom following us in

20220620_063720.thumb.jpg.0541184b6e7bc05fa219381530d78656.jpg

Quick peak before clowds

20220620_064132.thumb.jpg.7db88a1f062fb40bcde8914f1821320c.jpg

20220620_064854.thumb.jpg.3dc0fa2aaf37799b65ad7380cc3438c2.jpg

Yep, that's the wounded Carnival Freedom

20220620_064912.thumb.jpg.ad6ac649a748c6ee1034f3242bff2f6d.jpg

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I like the retro look. 

We should start a pool - how many years until they restore it to match the rest of the fleet (agreed though, it does not look bad) !  I figure that they'd have the ship out for longer than they did - but their quick fix worked.

Tom

• Like 1

That's it, were done. 

Hopefully I'll speak with Miami this week

I'm guessing different venues works, but maybe the ala carte ones are just once a day.

Graham did tell me Fish & Ships did have a list of cabins they checked off to keep track

Thanks again for keeping me company. 

Might be back in August for Voyager in the Baltics

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

1 minute ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

We should start a pool - how many years until they restore it to match the rest of the fleet (agreed though, it does not look bad) !  I figure that they'd have the ship out for longer than they did - but their quick fix worked.

Tom

Or change the rest of their fleet to match the Freedoms new look. 

• Haha 2

Just now, John&LaLa said:

That's it, were done. 

I'm guessing different venues works, but maybe the ala carte ones are just once a day.

Graham did tell me Fish & Ships did have a list of cabins they checked off to keep track

Thanks for taking us along. 🍻

• Like 1

Just now, John&LaLa said:

That's it, were done. 

Thanks for taking us along! It’s always a pleasure, John. 🙂

And I’d love to see your Voyager in the Baltics, if you choose to do a live. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Agreed. I average 10-13 on a 7-night cruise although some of it is water weight/swelling so it's slightly artificially high.

I gained 8 on our last cruise and I was pleased with that. I do swell up some because of all the liquids I consume, salt in food and everything else.

18 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I do love a good barstool 🍻

A barstool in the Schooner Bar is where you find me.

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I hope you can get a answer. I will try to push my luck with the UDP on Symphony in September.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That's it, were done. 

Thanks. It has been fun. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I do swell up some because of all the liquids I consume, salt in food and everything else.

I swell up so badly I take water pills now. I freaked out the first time it happened. Legs and feet were so swollen I had cankles and sandals barely fit.

Learned it wasn't that uncommon and was from the salt after googling.

Forgot my pills on Harmony a few weeks ago. Fortunately didn't really start until say 6 and wasn't that bad.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I swell up so badly I take water pills now. I freaked out the first time it happened. Legs and feet were so swollen I had cankles and sandals barely fit.

Forgot my pills on Harmony a few weeks ago. Fortunately didn't really start until say 6 and wasn't that bad.

My mother has the same issue. I always had to prescribe diuretics for her when she came along.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Same for me. One thing that helped was my doctor lowered my dosage on my blood pressure med. My  cruise two years ago my ankles and feet were so swollen that I had a hard time putting on my shoes. After my doc did the adjustment I had no swelling on my last cruise. I may bring some water pills on my next cruise just to be safe.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

gained 8 on our last cruise and I was pleased with that. I do swell up some because of all the liquids I consume, salt in food and everything else.

After the Alaska cruise I lost 5.  Much more active.  Caribbean cruises I lay in the sun more.  Climbing the slides do not take as much energy as the trails either.  I am sure the next Caribbean with the UDP will put the weight on. 😆 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That's it, were done. 

Thanks John.   Enjoyed hearing the UDP experience.   Also after seeing the ship, I have been considering looking at cruises other than Oasis class.  Might be time to get back to them again. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Same for me. One thing that helped was my doctor lowered my dosage on my blood pressure med. My  cruise two years ago my ankles and feet were so swollen that I had a hard time putting on my shoes. After my doc did the adjustment I had no swelling on my last cruise. I may bring some water pills on my next cruise just to be safe.

No outside cause for me that I know of. When I realized I had forgotten my pills this last cruise, I started googling for other remedies. There are natural diuretics like parsley or lemon. Saw some old posts of people asking for a plate of parsley in the MDR. I wasn't up for that, lol. One thing I tried that helped a bit was spending some time with my feet elevated while in bed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Back in Ocala decompressing. And Laundry😉

Easy drive. No hassle in Pt Canaveral 

Grecia led us out right at 8:00. Exited ship through the fire doors. Then merged into the long line. Folks, keep your seapass out. Big hold up while a lady searched for hers. SMH

20220620_112134.thumb.jpg.e84541211d7b93d26902438e0a73678c.jpg

No idea how far this stretched. Think they got into line from the Deck 4 MDR.

20220620_112148.thumb.jpg.8e980befba37ae03b70f8e16d3f78635.jpg

Nice to find my Q5 still there.

20220620_112209.thumb.jpg.7f0f1447683790eadc2124cc9532271f.jpg

No exit line.👍

20220620_112227.thumb.jpg.97679f80529d9be781b32a1d3a88a6a2.jpg

Not to hot, but humid. Trip to car was under 15 minutes, and that included chatting with folks at confiscated goods table and waiting for elevators

20220620_112239.thumb.jpg.39681ca6f3f85c9c25d469da8af26ebf.jpg

FWIW, I thought parking at east elevator was a good idea, but line was long. 6 of one vs half dozen of another. 

We've parked near the West elevator the last couple of times.  No wait at all.  I'm guessing that people don't think about going around the corner past the entrance.

Thanks for doing this.  Your threads are always totally enjoyable, and often educational.  Must be the love all serve all thing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Would you please tell me what brand of these?  Lately, sigh, it seems to be another “benefit” of aging…

Not who you asked but these are the ones I use. Diurex Max...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Y3B4CE?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

If it makes you feel better, I was in my 30's the first time it happened. 🙈

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1