Any way to get extra points

Unlike Celebrity, RCI doesn’t offer ways to earn extra points every couple of months.

I have heard in the past about some offers by email for double points to those already flush with points. 😁 Don’t know if it was only Pinnacles receiving the offers, or D+ too. I seem to remember a Pinnacle mentioning that quite some time ago. Was it you @John&LaLa? Or did I just imagine that? 😂

2 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

You’re going to pay more for the cruise than the diamond benefits are worth.

Depends on what they pay for a short 3 day sailing and what length of cruise their next one is.

4 free drinks a day for a 7 day sailing at $15 a drink is $840

• Like 4

We were suppose to get quadruple points on Jewel back in January. Booked under the double points promotion last year and got single cabins with no supplement. Royal cancelled  to use Jewel as a quarantine ship for crew and we didn't get quadruple points, just double when we rebooked on Allure for May as the solo cabin deal did not exist. The good deals don't exist anymore.

Edited by coaster

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Depends on what they pay for a short 3 day sailing and what length of cruise their next one is.

I thought the drink allowance was $13. Did it get raised to $15?

4 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

You’re going to pay more for the cruise than the diamond benefits are worth.

They will still be having the fun of being on a cruise. It’s a win, win.

Edited by ReneeFLL

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If hubby is also a diamond and you are in the same cabin, do you each get 4 free drinks a day?  My girls (ages 29 and 25) will also be diamond after next cruise, I assume if they had separate cabins, they would also get 4 free drinks per day?  Thanks.

3 minutes ago, tj_shopper said:

If hubby is also a diamond and you are in the same cabin, do you each get 4 free drinks a day?  My girls (ages 29 and 25) will also be diamond after next cruise, I assume if they had separate cabins, they would also get 4 free drinks per day?  Thanks.

Every Diamond member gets the 4 free drinks, regardless of how they are housed. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Unlike Celebrity, RCI doesn’t offer ways to earn extra points every couple of months.

I have heard in the past about some offers by email for double points to those already flush with points. 😁 Don’t know if it was only Pinnacles receiving the offers, or D+ too. I seem to remember a Pinnacle mentioning that quite some time ago. Was it you @John&LaLa? Or did I just imagine that? 😂

The promotion was open to everyone. 

You got 3 points for spending around $500 on the ship. It was one fall when Freedom was still in PC. Happened around same time the had self serve beer dispenser testing.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The promotion was open to everyone. 

You got 3 points for spending around $500 on the ship. It was one fall when Freedom was still in PC. Happened around same time the had self serve beer dispenser testing.

I learn something new every day.  Maybe I couldn't afford it back then, who knows?  I laughed out loud at the self-serve beer dispenser testing.  🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tj_shopper said:

Where you or they stay is irrelevant.  Benefits are only for those with that status level.  They don’t extent to cabin mates.  

• Like 1