Crown Loft Suites- what am I missing?

While these are certainly a "step up" from a balcony or OV room... our TA tried (lightly) to sell us this and they seem very popular.

I can see how they'd be appealing for a couple... but for the four of us (two school aged children included) it seems like it would be loud and not have a lot of privacy.  The bedroom walls do not go to the ceiling and the only curtain appears to be sheer... am I missing something here about why this is popular? I would like to have some privacy with my DH on a cruise, kids safely tucked away elsewhere...

Different people have lack different configurations.  The CL’s are very nice but do not suit everyone.  If you want a suite, perhaps ask your TA for a suite with a real door on the bedroom; plenty of parents want that.  Other families simply get two cabins, perhaps connecting, perhaps just next door or perhaps directly across the hall.

Crown Lofts are nice for the right people, just not for you.

Your kids would need to be able to jump 20 feet in the air or climb the stairs to see what’s going on in the loft. 
There’s also a tv up there that folds down from the ceiling if you need to mask some noises…. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

We love the crown loft suites, but if you need boomchickawowow you likely need to get a separate room from the rest of the group. 💃🏼🕺🏼

Why we have 2 side by side OVB for our cruise next week😂😂

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

We love the crown loft suites, but if you need boomchickawowow you likely need to get a separate room from the rest of the group. 💃🏼🕺🏼

Each my Kids walked in on us from another room at one time, fortunately each time was in a Darker room and they were all under 5yrs old everytime. That said much as I hated explaining the Birds and the Bees to them prefer that then accidental Demonstration... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

Although, that master shower on Oasis and Allure —— just sayin’

mac_tlc

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, rudeney said:

I would love to cruise in one, but stairs make it very undesirable.  We can do stairs, but it's a chore.

I was also concerned before we booked our first CLS because DW has significant knee problems, and has difficulty with almost anything that requires her knees to do any lifting (we are putting a lift in our home so she doesn't have to use the stairway to get up to our bedroom), but she has no problems with the stairs in a CLS. The way the stairs were designed puts virtually no pressure on her knees. The CLS staircase has very wide treads and very short rise between stairs.

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I was also concerned before we booked our first CLS because DW has significant knee problems, and has difficulty with almost anything that requires her knees to do any lifting (we are putting a lift in our home so she doesn't have to use the stairway to get up to our bedroom), but she has no problems with the stairs in a CLS. The way the stairs were designed puts virtually no pressure on her knees. The CLS staircase has very wide treads and very short rise between stairs.

My wife's problem is that she had her left knee replaced a few years back and it's just not 100%, plus she now needs the right one replaced.  For me, I need a hip replacement (next year), plus I have SI joint disorder, and on top of that, my real problem with stairs is a balance issue.  I can go up just fine - coming down is a chore.  We can do stairs, we just don't want to have to do them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rudeney said:

My wife's problem is that she had her left knee replaced a few years back and it's just not 100%, plus she now needs the right one replaced.  For me, I need a hip replacement (next year), plus I have SI joint disorder, and on top of that, my real problem with stairs is a balance issue.  I can go up just fine - coming down is a chore.  We can do stairs, we just don't want to have to do them.

Understood. Each of the Oasis class ships has one CLS with a lift, and you may want to take a look at that one. DW's ortho has been trying to convince her to get both knees replaced for years, but she keeps holding him off. My knees are a mess as well, but I've been living with them that way since I was a teen, so I'm used to dealing with the discomfort from stairs. 

• Like 1

I love the loft suites!  Great wow factor and I've enjoyed them every time I've sailed in one.

The inability to have private time can also be said of grand suites, owner suites and junior suites not to mention balcony cabins.  Short of booking multiple cabins or a two bedroom grand suite you've got the same situation.  

The loft suites do have two bathrooms which makes them great for more than two guests but if you can't go seven days without intimacy then two cabins or two bedroom suites are the way to go.

We love the CLS. especially on Allure and Oasis.

The Symphony modified the master shower a tad, but hey it is what it is.

It is usually just the two of us.

The downstairs closet and drawers are used for our daily casual stuff.

The two complete bathrooms makes getting ready convenient

The upstairs vanity and extra storage space is a plus.

The location on the 17th deck is almost completely private except when they leave the entrance doors propped open for CK.

Speaking in CK, love the location and dining so close to the cabin.

Do not have to wait for an elevator, (which seems to forget their is a 17th level).  And have to wait.

On all our cruises our cabins have been cleaned and turn-over in the brief time we went to breakfast.

And when we leave for dinner it seems once they know our seating it is quickly turned down.

Now they are not "Star" class, and we have had "special" small tokens of appreciation left for us.

The first one was when our DD graduated with her Masters, we listed this on the special occasion on the booking and when we opened the doors the room was decorated with banners, balloons and a small cake was on the desk.

And when it was our 30th anniversary when we boarded and went to the suite we found the door decorated and two plates of treats, one with cupcakes and the other with an assortment of 12 chocolates.

Yes you pay more for a CLS.

But being the "hawkeye" and track cruise price,  we have been always able to bring the cost down to below a GS. So they must start the booking price high and then re-price with supply and demand. (Except on Symphony, those barely changed from our booking price).

And now that Allure is not the best of the best we have really gotten great deals on the cost and have never paid less.....................on certain times of the year.

But it all comes down what each cruiser wants.

We can only sail 2-3 times a year and we want the comfort and location of the CLS.

Who knows what the future will bring when we are able to cruise more.....................

Take care.

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Prefer them over any other suite. Deck 17 is extremally private (wide halls and door to CL suite area) and right next to the CK and SL  

I find Deck 17 almost too isolated.... half the elevators don't come up all the way to 17 and everything else on the ship is so far away.  I mean it's great if you spend most of the time in your cabin but I like to "get around" more lol

39 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Do not have to wait for an elevator, (which seems to forget their is a 17th level).  And have to wait.

I was furious one time when we tried to disembark, and the one rare elevator that came up to 17 was already full with 6 people who bogarted it by taking the elevator "up to go down."   We ended up taking the stairs all the way down.

10 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I was furious one time when we tried to disembark, and the one rare elevator that came up to 17 was already full with 6 people who bogarted it by taking the elevator "up to go down."   We ended up taking the stairs all the way down.

They sure adapted and overcame a challenging situation....pretty clever.

• Like 1