Royal Caribbean - This is completely unfair!

I am at a weird "almost there" stage.  I am one single solitary point away from achieving diamond status.

image.png.6ed1aeb453e73cad624181137e87d6ce.png

Is there an inexpensive way to get over the hump so that I can hang out in the exclusive club for my October cruise?

It appears as if I can neither buy, trade, barter, nor scheme my way to diamond status.  On the second day of the cruise, can I negotiate my way into the Diamond Lounge?  Or, will I be stuck on the outside looking in?

image.jpeg.8f0a6899efefe5d8a04ae9a286f55b05.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

Take the shortest, cheapest cruise you can find.

We did that when we were sitting on 76 points. Found the cheapest 4-nighter we could before taking our next longer cruise. Only cruise I've ever been on less than 7 nights.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, soremekun said:

I am at a weird "almost there" stage.  I am one single solitary point away from achieving diamond status.

Is there an inexpensive way to get over the hump so that I can hang out in the exclusive club for my October cruise?

It appears as if I can neither buy, trade, barter, nor scheme my way to diamond status.  On the second day of the cruise, can I negotiate my way into the Diamond Lounge?  Or, will I be stuck on the outside looking in?

Unfortunately, you will have to wait till the next cruise to officially get your Diamond benefits. You can take a 3-4 night cruise to get to Diamond, but that’s how it works. 

• Like 3

About 10 years ago I was in a similar situation.  I was 3 points short of Diamond and had a big cruise coming up.  Thanks to CC I found out about a 2 night cruise on a ship that had just come back from drydock, and if I sailed solo I would get double points.  4 points for a 2 night sailing and then I was Diamond for my 10 night cruise after that. 

image.png.b1fde62379d40f270ee0b6dd49c1aa90.png

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Schedule a 3 day before your other cruise.

• Like 1

Hop down to Miami, stake out the corporate offices and when Micheal Bayley steps out to go to lunch slip him a fiver. Hey, 💲 talks!

And while you're at it slip him another fin to get the best seats in the house for Cats on your next cruise! 😻

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 11

On the day we hit 80 points, we walked past the DL and saw the concierge standing just outside the door.  We politely introduced ourselves and mentioned how pleased we were to become Diamond.  He wasn’t impressed, and we saw the inside of the DL on our next cruise.

• Like 4
  • Haha 14

46 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Wish Royal had Power Up Points, like Celebrity.  I've earned 56 points without sailing.

I earned 56 points by cancelling Harmony TA the week before it sailed. 😇