Self serve laundry on the Equinox?

sinned19

Hello, "sinned19."

If you stick with Celebrity long enough, you will become an "Elite tier" member of the Captain's Club ["loyalty" club].  At that point, you will receive certain free laundry privileges.  (Even at the "Select tier," which precedes "Elite," you can get a discount.)

You can find Captain's Club "tiers and benefits" listed here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

Enjoy your cruise!

There is usually a ‘stuff as much as you can in a bag’ offer mid cruise. Ask your room attendant about it. If I remember correctly it is about $45. Hopefully, someone can confirm the usual price, it is years since we needed to pay.  It is a wash and fold deal so suitable for items you would be happy to put in a mixed wash at home. I would not put in delicates or items likely to shrink. 

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Stay in an upper suite and laundry is included 

That service isn’t great. 3 day turn around. Folded even when told to iron.  Had to chance down clothes at end of cruise.  Even free, no worth using.  It used to be really good. Like everything, it isn’t what it was before the pandemic.  Bring clothing that you can wash out yourself.  Leave the heavy clothes home. There lines in the showers. I bring a flexoline that I bought on Magellan.  It comes in handy.  

7 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

That service isn’t great. 3 day turn around. Folded even when told to iron.  Had to chance down clothes at end of cruise.  Even free, no worth using.  It used to be really good. Like everything, it isn’t what it was before the pandemic.  Bring clothing that you can wash out yourself.  Leave the heavy clothes home. There lines in the showers. I bring a flexoline that I bought on Magellan.  It comes in handy.  

The very last thing I will do on a cruise is to wash my laundry in my room, heck I don't do that at home.  Not going to be walking around my room with laundry hanging about.  I'll take my chances with my skivvies, undershirts and socks.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Sorry your experience was unsatisfactory.  I have sent out laundry on all of my cruises since the restart and have had no complaints.

Perhaps you did not check the correct box when it comes to hiring. That is an extra charge item, not the standard

Be careful with your laundry and make sure you write a list of what you sent out. We have had missing items before and had to ask them to look.

We always do use the free Elite laundry because it's so handy, but I've had clothes ruined before (which I'll say they promptly paid for) and missing items. It's just wash and fold, not pressed.

I’ve also used the laundry, before and after, and when turned in early in the AM got it back the next day and at a min the 2nd day. Clean, folded and have used it extensively and never lost a piece. Had one not in the bag and the steward left and came back with in shortly. That was Before the pandemic. No issues on the 2 I’ve had since. 

And the price is pretty much what I pay here, and I dont send it socks and underwear…..wash those in the sink. And they do have pressing service. 

Den

Edited by Denny01

4 hours ago, jg51 said:

Hello, "sinned19."

If you stick with Celebrity long enough, you will become an "Elite tier" member of the Captain's Club ["loyalty" club].  At that point, you will receive certain free laundry privileges.  (Even at the "Select tier," which precedes "Elite," you can get a discount.)

You can find Captain's Club "tiers and benefits" listed here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

Enjoy your cruise!

Yes but the Select tier only offers a "special price" of 12 nights or more, I would guessing 97%+ of itineraries are less than 12 nights.

Seen posts about laundromats ashore…..

So you load up your dirty clothes, carry them off. Go to a laundromat that Says it all will be done mid-afternoon. OK.

Issues:

- Spend time going there, getting it turned in and picking it up in a port you paid to go to. 

- If you think waiting 2 days onboard is an issue, what kind of ‘issue’ do you have when you get back to their ‘reputable’ laundromat and they don't have your stuff ready. You can always wait and catch the ship in the next port.

- And the ‘savings’ is worth that???

To each our own.

den

8 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Seen posts about laundromats ashore…..

So you load up your dirty clothes, carry them off. Go to a laundromat that Says it all will be done mid-afternoon. OK.

Issues:

- Spend time going there, getting it turned in and picking it up in a port you paid to go to. 

- If you think waiting 2 days onboard is an issue, what kind of ‘issue’ do you have when you get back to their ‘reputable’ laundromat and they don't have your stuff ready. You can always wait and catch the ship in the next port.

- And the ‘savings’ is worth that???

To each our own.

den

There were well known laundromats and info (but this was pre-pandemic), you simply loaded up a suitcase with dirty laundry, carry it off and drop the whole thing off at the laundromat.  Ideally its location is not out of your way, its affordable and their location caters to cruise passengers.  It will take some research to determine if this is a favorable option or not.  Often washing and drying your clothing in commercial washers and dryers takes under an hour.

Also, I believe most people who want to utilize this do not have X status and are on sailing longer than 7 nights.  Even those who do get free laundry on board, the bag is pretty small.

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

1 hour ago, SusieV said:

Be careful with your laundry and make sure you write a list of what you sent out. We have had missing items before and had to ask them to look. ...

Hello, "SusieV."

We should not have to "write a list of what [we] sent out."  The reason for our saying that is this:

The laundry list is a multi-copy document (3 or 4 different-colored copies), and one of the copies is for us guests to keep.  It is our way of keeping the laundry honest.

• Haha 1

A couple thoughts.  We have always had laundry that was picked up before 9am returned the following day.  Sometimes the same day.

Last my DW thinks she does have laundry service - ME.  Only takes a few minutes to wash in the sink (jeans in shower), wring out by hand then roll up in a towel to get most water out and then hang in shower or closet. Jeans take 36 hours.  The rest next day.  Her service then includes folding and putting away hangers.  

On 7/28/2022 at 12:34 PM, jg51 said:

Hello, "SusieV."

We should not have to "write a list of what [we] sent out."  The reason for our saying that is this:

The laundry list is a multi-copy document (3 or 4 different-colored copies), and one of the copies is for us guests to keep.  It is our way of keeping the laundry honest.

That's so, but it isn't specific enough. I know how many of each type of garment was sent out, but not which specific ones. If I send out four sundresses and only get three back, I might struggle to remember which one is missing.

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2022 at 2:24 PM, davekathy said:

The good news is no. Now you can enjoy your cruise even more. 🍺

But if the OP wants to do their laundry and enjoy the cruise, I can suggest a nice laundromat if stopping in San Juan.  🗑️

• Haha 1