Royal has to be next!!!!!!!!

klfhngr

54 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

I want them to do away with the testing since it really doesn’t do any good.  

Giving people now 3 days to test instead of 2 just gives them an extra day to get exposed….

Still showing 2 days for Anthem from Southampton.

• Like 1

Testing requirements are not dictated by the cruise line but by the countries you are visiting.  The 2 day, not 3 day, testing before cruise is in effect for anyone going to Canada because Canada requires it.  And it will be in effect until the end of the year, because that is Canada requirements.  Wish everyone would stop trying to tell everyone what Royal has said.  Read the health protocals Royal puts out concerning your ports.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George C said:

I would hope they keep the vaccine requirement and drop the testing. Don’t understand why people don’t get vaccinated. 

I’d rather someone get tested to get on the ship and could care less if they’re vaccinated or not. That’s their personal health decision. Doesn’t effect anyone else.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, GetToLivin said:

Of course I do. But I don't feel the need to put others down because my stance doesn't match theirs, which is why I said what I said. 

Obviously some people feel very strongly about the topic and no one is going to change their minds.   Some opinions are based on  sheer fear yet they'll never admit it.  Others feel like they were sold a bill of goods.  As long as no one is breaking CC rules, opinions are going to be across the board on all topics.

• Like 2

Covid is here to stay and is everywhere, planes, buses, trains, grocery stores, movies, concerts, sporting events, bars, restaurants, and yes, cruise ships.

If one is that afraid of catching covid in the face of vaccines and therapeutics, they should stay home and where an N95 to venture out.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, George C said:

I would hope they keep the vaccine requirement and drop the testing. Don’t understand why people don’t get vaccinated. 

I am vaccinated and boosted but actually I don't understand how me being vaccinated matters.  That is to protect me it doesn't protect others.  I could still carry and spread.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

These updated guidelines were posted to the Celebrity Canadian website today.  Looks like they jumped the gun but it’s probably a done deal.  It’s much more simplified and would align Royal/Celebrity with the other major cruise lines.

It would not surprise me to see an official announcement tomorrow or certainly sometime this week.  

DD5EAD52-0D1A-40C8-886D-CBB51E9F8914.jpeg

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, eroller said:

These updated guidelines were posted to the Celebrity Canadian website today.  Looks like they jumped the gun but it’s probably a done deal.  It’s much more simplified and would align Royal/Celebrity with the other major cruise lines.

It would not surprise me to see an official announcement tomorrow or certainly sometime this week.  

Very interesting...

When I go to their site and click on protocols banner at the top I see this...

993096732_ScreenShot2022-08-15at5_56_59PM.thumb.png.4375aee77edc6bb0313aadab512b7acb.png

However, when I switch my VPN to Canada and then go back to the site and click on their protocol link I'm taken to the same thing you posted.

It would appear that someone messed up and went live with a new version of the Canadian site ahead of the global announcement.  I'd expect a big announcement tomorrow.

This is great news.  We have several friends and family that are looking to cruise with us.  They are just waiting for this change to be announced. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, eroller said:

Nice catch !  My cruise is after September 5th .😃

Lets see when RC makes the announcement .

• Like 2

16 hours ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

I am vaccinated and boosted but actually I don't understand how me being vaccinated matters.  That is to protect me it doesn't protect others.  I could still carry and spread.

Glad to hear you're vaccinated!

It matters because you are less likely to get seriously ill and cause the ship to divert to provide shoreside medical care. 

More unvaccinated passengers means more disrupted cruises.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2