The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday August 27th, 2022

richwmn

Good morning!  @richwmn and @rafinmdthank you for compiling these reports. @marshhawk prayers for your friend Jesse, so much lost time be misdiagnosis. A day of cutting back the garden running in  and out of the house to watch all the races at Saratoga for today's Travers Stakes day.   A beautiful day today.   Boat is wrapped securely for our return in spring.  All of the daily comestibles look very good. I love penne a la vodka. Would go great with today's wine.   Prayers for the people of Ukraine and those on our Care list. 🙏

• Like 28

Good Morning All,

The sun is just coming up here, and we have the early morning low clouds. I guess loosely in honor of today I’m playing a little joke on DH. He just went back to bad after serving His Nibs breakfast. Am playing Rain on a Tent through the house speakers…. Just discovered the myNoise app…. We’ll see if he notices.image.png.4b7780ef3338a09c40203fa0aed7390c.png

Am off to a club ride this morning. Will play “Den Mother” as my doctor wants me resting my foot for a few weeks.😏

@cat shepard Have a great trip. It sounds like lots of fun. I’ll give the wine report my best research. I’m just learning, and can only say “I like it or not”, so I hope I’ve found some good resources of information. Ya’ll feel free to chime in.

Thank you all for the pictures of Mykonos. I’m thinking it’s going to cost me a trip there. One question- are those windmills just out of service, or are the sails furled?

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'll tell DH it's Music On The Porch Day - I'm pretty sure he'll bring the guitar out to the front entryway after dinner and will play a few tunes.  Every day should be speak kind words day.  As others have mentioned, I'm pretty sure the Pony Express would get things delivered sooner than our current postal service does.  Audrey Hepburn was a smart lady.

It's interesting, I saw that @StLouisCruiserssaid the humidity in Georgia is currently 99%, well I checked ours and we're sitting at 96% . . . that's crazy!  Looking at the cars on the driveway, I can see they're covered with dew, so DH will be out there cleaning the windows off in a little while.  Yesterday we started with bright sunshine but by noon we had thunder and lightning for a couple of hours of entertainment.  Unfortunately, in a small town about 2 hours from here, the school was struck by lighting which started a fire, resulting in the building being unusable for the coming school year.  I can't imagine trying to re-route about 200 students from K - 12 to surrounding towns when school is just about to begin.

@marshhawkhow awful that your friend had to wait so long for a proper diagnosis; I'll add Jesse to my prayers for a successful outcome.

@rafinmdthank you for putting and keeping us on the care list, but I think you can take me off now.  While my appetite hasn't returned to what it was (and that IS a good thing!), I am feeling so much better.  Still a bit of a lingering cough, but that's minor in the grand scheme of things.  There are many others worthy of prayers and I'm happy to be off the list now.

I like today's menu suggestion but think it might be a little heavy right now - it seems to me a better idea for when the weather's cold and we're indoors.  Friends dropped over last night and brought with them a rotisserie chicken from Costco, so I think we'll be having chicken and salad on the deck tonight.  And wine . . . yes, I am persistent!  LOL

Prayers for those who are hurting, cheers to all who are celebrating.  Stay safe, everyone!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 30
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dfish said:

So, enjoy and let us know if you have a secret ingredient.  

I think the key to a good red sauce is to cook it for at least a hour and to let it rest in the refrigerator over night so the flavors can marry.  Ina’s recipe “roasts”the sauce in the oven which I find easier than cooking on the stove top.
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/nick-and-tonis-penne-alla-vecchia-bettola-recipe-1949812

Also, you must use the highest quality of canned tomatoes,  just tomatoes,  nothing else added. San Marzano (make sure they are authentic) are excellent but I frequently use these Jersey tomatoes.A5788CCA-C549-4955-AA50-F8595F19EBAF.jpeg.43573c1d26afa99376f2b4f3007490f3.jpeg

I’ll close with something my mother always told me, “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.”

Have a great weekend!

• Like 27

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here! Happy Saturday!

The insurance inspector had to reschedule for Monday. I noticed two more homes in the neighborhood have started being reroofed today while walking Sam. 

Those who have read my responses in the past on the "Daily" know how I love to plan trips for the future. With Sue out, I have had more time to myself around the house and started on 2024. This past Thursday my friend from Melbourne,  Australia called - from France. They are half way through a two month vacation covering Northern Europe. Every few years they do what I feel is a massive trip. Of course, every time I talk with him he is always asking when we will come again to visit them in Australia. We have been there twice and they have been here (Illinois) twice. In October when they return to Australia, he will need to undergo surgery for male cancer.

With that in mind, I started looking at the Transpacific from Sydney on the Noordam in April 2024. The Grand Princess just happens to be doing a two-night cruise Melbourne -Sydney a few days before which would solve getting back to Sydney. Cleared it with my friend and will talk more with Sue after she gets back from Ohio. But - there is always a "But" - Carnival just released on Wednesday an itinerary for the re-flagged Carnival Luminosa for a Northerly route 30-day Seattle to Brisbane via Alaska, Japan, Philippines, and Indonesia in September 2023! There isn't a lot of information currently available other than being able to book the cruise. With regard to makeovers of the ship just stating that the funnel will not be changed and it will be repainted to Carnival's new scheme but keep the yellow lifeboats. 

My concerns with the Carnival Luminosa cruise are: Japan still not open for tourists at this point, and the large amount of sea days (21 of 30)  versus the Noordam's 13 of 25.  Not that I wouldn't enjoy the South Pacific again but the Carnival itinerary is intriguing! 

Stay Safe!

- Jack 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a calm (for now) central Texas.  There's not much on the agenda today.  Our Property Owners Association (POA) is having a board meeting this morning, and I may go.  There are a couple of issues that might prove interesting.

If I play music on the porch or patio, I usually use my iPod and earphones.  I try to use kind words, but once in a while my mouth gets ahead of my brain.  🤣  The Pony Express, while only in operation for a short time, played a big part in opening up the West.

I like the Audrey Hepburn quote.  I would like to try today's meal, but only if someone else made it.  The wine sounds nice, but will pass on the drink.

@kochleffel  That is good news the dentist was able to remove the failed implant without costing an arm and a leg.

@cat shepard  Ann, have a great trip and a great cruise.  Safe flight to Anchorage tomorrow, and good thoughts that your luggage stays with you.

@marshhawk  I'm sorry about your friend Jesse's diagnosis and hope they can get the cancer during the surgery and he tolerates the chemo and radiation treatments.

@luvteaching  Karen,  BON VOYAGE  and have a great cruise.

We have been to Mykonos twice.  In 2003, we were there on the old Regal Princess as part of the mystery cruise.  We rented a car and drove around most of the island.  In 2016, we were there on the Prinsendam and just walked around town. Today's pictures are a combination from both visits.  After going to Santorini twice, we decided we like Mykonos better.

A couple more pictures of the iconic windmills on Mykonos.

IMG_3228.thumb.JPG.f0d4fa7cbabf9c1973afb0180c2c8351.JPG

DSC08104.thumb.JPG.38091fc65ac0b1a6d8b6dd3b12aceb0e.JPG

Outside the town

IMG_3218.thumb.JPG.f0836b04f7ec578ebf9f87c648511294.JPG

IMG_3220.thumb.JPG.be47e5824562d584adb09eefd788c327.JPG

IMG_3224.thumb.JPG.14c09f48d1cb7098a2a68cfd18e1ebc5.JPG

IMG_3212.JPG

For the Garden Club

IMG_3219.thumb.JPG.6262b3d96c5b913f405fa990a587b21b.JPG

Back in town, Paraportiani Orthodox church on the waterfront

DSC08092.thumb.JPG.20c20ed26df09315d376994f084c2065.JPG

Some of the back streets in townDSC08107.thumb.JPG.d5a18fed7bacf9dffba1af3ad470932a.JPG

DSC08096.thumb.JPG.9da17762ade7dff5e5b098528d3ac246.JPG

DSC08098.thumb.JPG.a091017dc8fc7ca8962f1d3fe5ff7ccf.JPG

DSC08099.thumb.JPG.c5fdc9338059d52f7a2f5e2296d1e27b.JPG

DSC08105.thumb.JPG.af0fc18c901acaf91cb465d1580db30d.JPG

Mykonos from the ship

IMG_3204.thumb.JPG.ca70de845bab238f5605c1e919054041.JPG

Lenda

Excellent collection of Photos Lenda.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

@rafinmd Roy,

Thank you for having my DSIL on the Care List. I think you can now take her off (or move her to the Rotation).

She is home, resting comfortably, and can not have the additional screenings until the drains from this past week's cancer surgery are removed. She is weighing whether she will go forward with those tests. At age 89, she is weighing the balance of the quality and quantity of life as the life expectancy for what the tests will likely reveal is short even with arduous treatment.

So, prayers now are for wisdom and discernment as much as healing.

Thanks to all for your prayers,

-Melisa

• Like 17
  • Thanks 15

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning,

Thank you all for all your kind words for the last two days while I worked out my situation.  Not sure it is all resolved, but I think I don’t want to lose a friendship over a perceived hurt. I am just going to put it past me and move on.

Thank you for the Daily and the Fleet Report.

I like the days.  However, i can’t play music on my porch because it faces the golf course and who would want to hear the golfers if they are distracted😳. However, when they hit your property, it is another story.  The Pony Express was an important part of American History.  Sometimes i think we are back to that time with the length of time it takes for the mail these days. And finally, it is always better to speak kindly.  There is never a need to be nasty or hurtful.

The quote is great and comes from someone I admire.  Just love Audrey Hepburn.

As for the meal, I like Penne Ala Vodka and make it often.  I will be interested to see Debbie’s recipes today to get a new take on it or improve on my version.

Pinot Grigio is a favorite of mine, so I am also interested in the wine.

I will probably skip the drink.

I have been to Mykonos a few times.  I love that island.  There is great scenery as well as great shopping and wonderful food.  Would go back in a heartbeat.

Thank you to Roy for the list. 

You can remove me from the list.  I will work out my situation today,  I appreciate being included.

Prayers for all those who are on the list who ill.  I pray for you everyday.  This is my routine each morning. 

Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.  Enjoy and stay safe.  

My appointment to see the Hand Surgeon was moved up.  There was a cancellation for Monday so I was offered the appointment.  We are going to Jacksonville tomorrow and I will see the doctor at 11 am on Monday.  Then we are coming right home.  So happy they were able to move up the appointment.  I am trying to decide when to have surgery between trips and which hand to have done first.  I guess that will wait for Monday.

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words.  

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I'm glad you are going to put the hurt behind you and keep the friendship.  I'm also glad your appointment with the hand surgeon was moved up.

25 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here! Happy Saturday!

The insurance inspector had to reschedule for Monday. I noticed two more homes in the neighborhood have started being reroofed today while walking Sam. 

Those who have read my responses in the past on the "Daily" know how I love to plan trips for the future. With Sue out, I have had more time to myself around the house and started on 2024. This past Thursday my friend from Melbourne,  Australia called - from France. They are half way through a two month vacation covering Northern Europe. Every few years they do what I feel is a massive trip. Of course, every time I talk with him he is always asking when we will come again to visit them in Australia. We have been there twice and they have been here (Illinois) twice. In October when they return to Australia, he will need to undergo surgery for male cancer.

With that in mind, I started looking at the Transpacific from Sydney on the Noordam in April 2024. The Grand Princess just happens to be doing a two-night cruise Melbourne -Sydney a few days before which would solve getting back to Sydney. Cleared it with my friend and will talk more with Sue after she gets back from Ohio. But - there is always a "But" - Carnival just released on Wednesday an itinerary for the re-flagged Carnival Luminosa for a Northerly route 30-day Seattle to Brisbane via Alaska, Japan, Philippines, and Indonesia in September 2023! There isn't a lot of information currently available other than being able to book the cruise. With regard to makeovers of the ship just stating that the funnel will not be changed and it will be repainted to Carnival's new scheme but keep the yellow lifeboats. 

My concerns with the Carnival Luminosa cruise are: Japan still not open for tourists at this point, and the large amount of sea days (21 of 30)  versus the Noordam's 13 of 25.  Not that I wouldn't enjoy the South Pacific again but the Carnival itinerary is intriguing! 

Stay Safe!

- Jack 

Jack, why not do both cruises?

20 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

@rafinmd Roy,

Thank you for having my DSIL on the Care List. I think you can now take her off (or move her to the Rotation).

She is home, resting comfortably, and can not have the additional screenings until the drains from this past week's cancer surgery are removed. She is weighing whether she will go forward with those tests. At age 89, she is weighing the balance of the quality and quantity of life as the life expectancy for what the tests will likely reveal is short even with arduous treatment.

So, prayers now are for wisdom and discernment as much as healing.

Thanks to all for your prayers,

-Melisa

Melisa, it's good news your DSIL is home and resting comfortably.  Sending positive thoughts to help her make the best decision for her about going forward.

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Jack, why not do both cruises?

Lenda

The flights! Both require 5+ hours to the West Coast. then 15+ hours non stop for Melbourne. I think that I could only stand one.  😁

Jack

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'll have to play some music on my porch. I try to speak kind words daily. A salute to the pony express.

Great quote. I like the meal, but try to limit pasta even though I love it. Pass on the drink and wine.

I've been to Greece, but not Mykonos. Thanks for all the photos.

It's going to be mid-80's and humid today. I'll stay inside and do some vacuuming and tidying. Finally I feel better. Yesterday I mainly ate applesauce, rice and toast. I managed to get about an hour nap around 5PM when I could barely stay awake. By 9PM I was so tired, and went up to bed. I barely remember my head hitting the pillow, and I was out! I got about 8-1/2 hours of sleep.

@irishjim Great news on the skin surgery results!

@jodi58 Welcome to the Daily!

@luvteaching Bon Voyage! Have a great cruise.

@rafinmd Condolences on the loss of your church member.

@kochleffel Sorry to hear you needed to see a dentist in Copenhagen. Hopefully no more dental issues while on your trip.

@Cruzin Terri Good to hear you may be nearing a resolution to your situation. Great that your appointment with the hand surgeon got moved up.

@StLouisCruisers That was a wonderful gesture by your neighbor to visit Linda. 

@cat shepard Safe travels and have a wonderful time!

@marshhawk Prayers for Jesse (and Penny) that his surgery and treatments goes well.

@ger_77 I'm glad you're feeling better.

@Overhead Fred Lovely sunset.

@Heartgrove Enjoy your travel planning.

@HAL Sailer Prayers for your DSIL; she has some important decisions to make.

Prayers for the Care List and extra for Ukraine. Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Good morning. A bright sunny morning here after all the rain we had yesterday. And no, the shelter roof is not watertight. The leaks yesterday were over the kennels. Our contractor is beside himself.... and so are we. And the inspector for the warranty was not happy either. I think they need to redo the entire center section.... but no one seems be listening to my suggestions. 

Have to get the house straight and some more "stuff" out to the thrift store. I am do for an appointment with cardiologist on Monday afternoon that I am not looking forward to. After that is done with I need to get a flight booked to the east to see my sister. I may try to be there for her birthday, although often her son visits then and there is not room for all of us in her house. We will see.... maybe just after. 

The meal looks good but I think tonight is salmon and salad.

Susan

• Like 21

Thanks for the fleet update and other posts. I’m a little late to the party today. Had to spread mulch from a 40 year old oak tree that was cut down yesterday and feed though a chipper due to lightning strike.

Mykonos is one of my favorite places to visit. First went there 15 years ago on Emerald Princess. Thanks for all the photos CC people posted. Brought back great memories. I would have posted some photos but I could only find a couple which I do not think the CC would allow. What are those pictures? Well, we went to this beautiful beach and I mistakenly, and I mean mistakenly, took a pictures of two ladies on beach chairs, topless. Or sunny side up (something a sexist might say). Oh those memories of Mykonos 😀

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

Good morning all!

All good days today, I love the quote by Audrey Hepburn, and like the meal, drink and wine.  We were in Mykonos in 2011 on the Celebrity Silhouette.  My sister and BIL were on that cruise with us.  No surprise, but I loved Mykonos and loved all the beautiful cats there!  I think I drove my BIL crazy stopping to talk to each and every one.  I love all of Greece, but especially love Mykonos and like it more than Santorini.

Trying to hurry this morning, we'll be leaving in an hour and a half for DD's for the big family picnic.  I'm so happy that all but 2 can be there 🙂  So I think there will be 21 of us today, and even my nephew who will drive up from Oregon.  We haven't seen him or his Dad in a few years.

@Cruzin TerriI'm glad you are getting the issues with your friend resolved.  I know how much that hurts when things are left like that.  I recently went through something similar with my dear cousin who has always been very close to me.  Things may never be quite "normal" but it's much better.

@cat shepardhave a wonderful trip and cruise!  Yes, you will see a lot of changes in Seattle from 30 years ago -- 

@marshhawkSending prayers for your friend Jesse that he tolerates the treatment.  So sad and frustrating that it took so long for the diagnosis.  I immediately thought Lymphoma, as a lump in the throat/neck is the first thing my sister had when she went to be checked.  

@JazzyVgreat news that you're feeling better!

Here are some of my photos of our day in Mykonos.  We browsed around and also took the tour to Delos.  It was a very nice day and I'd love to go back.

The Silhouette in Mykonos

1315073948_SilhouetteinMykonos.thumb.jpg.6864b343cf02d344b16111e9c316852a.jpg

I sat very still next to Petros, the resident pelican..

1244377854_Petrosresidentpelican.jpg.dfb6d18c52a49c24bf05d2058067e6ad.jpg

Mykonos windmills

445974295_Mykonoswindmills.jpg.48875bee64af96631fc90d9686d708bb.jpg

Hundreds of cats, each one beautiful and healthy looking.

285232411_Mykonoskittyonstairs.jpg.daab875704c2d5691813a4a55f8b5a2e.jpg

2092206882_beautifulMykonoskitty.jpg.1ffe406736e1bc91e2227301baadb129.jpg

1315356359_Mykonoscat.jpg.c11a629bf8972fcd8f673d7a4c965c66.jpg

Delos

1058173287_AncientcityofDelos.jpg.27388f01a5fa9caee9660ec6f3825db0.jpg

The lions of Delos

1419600682_Deloslions.jpg.9d6c87421359506f23483e3660fe8327.jpg

Delos.jpg.dc09e7a70f2b5d21bd3e51744c96f609.jpg

A couple murals in the Museum of Delos

1777503084_muralinMuseumofDelos.jpg.04f5eb883a101680aba239f6e67ef2f0.jpg

62989283_partialmuralfromwall.jpg.a7554613951ef2553322e0e1c83647d5.jpg

A gorgeous sunset leaving Mykonos

198725042_sunsetleavingMykonos.thumb.jpg.e191c0a9b91029f31485208185a036f0.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

Good morning and thanks all!  Great photos of Delos, thanks! 
Mykonos is not my favourite,  we’ve spent many months visiting the Greek islands and prefer the less touristy ones. 

but just for @RedneckBob I’ve included a local nude on the beach

8A68EB01-C0AF-473D-A367-AF42BE80E0B1.jpeg

80E009B4-B05D-4B09-8158-80A89FC7D186.jpeg

1D6468E8-BE28-4A15-BA29-A08494397ACE.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 16
  • Haha 6

36 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  Great photos of Delos, thanks! 
Mykonos is not my favourite,  we’ve spent many months visiting the Greek islands and prefer the less touristy ones. 

but just for @RedneckBob I’ve included a local nude on the beach

8A68EB01-C0AF-473D-A367-AF42BE80E0B1.jpeg

80E009B4-B05D-4B09-8158-80A89FC7D186.jpeg

1D6468E8-BE28-4A15-BA29-A08494397ACE.jpeg

image.jpeg

What did I miss? I got my binoculars out and still trying to find that nude on the beach. 😳

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

18 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

What did I miss? I got my binoculars out and still trying to find that nude on the beach. 😳

Oh my!  Right in front of you ! 😂🤷‍♀️👀.  Didn’t say what kind of local and it is a bird 😜

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

All good days today, I love the quote by Audrey Hepburn, and like the meal, drink and wine.  We were in Mykonos in 2011 on the Celebrity Silhouette.  My sister and BIL were on that cruise with us.  No surprise, but I loved Mykonos and loved all the beautiful cats there!  I think I drove my BIL crazy stopping to talk to each and every one.  I love all of Greece, but especially love Mykonos and like it more than Santorini.

Trying to hurry this morning, we'll be leaving in an hour and a half for DD's for the big family picnic.  I'm so happy that all but 2 can be there 🙂  So I think there will be 21 of us today, and even my nephew who will drive up from Oregon.  We haven't seen him or his Dad in a few years.

@Cruzin TerriI'm glad you are getting the issues with your friend resolved.  I know how much that hurts when things are left like that.  I recently went through something similar with my dear cousin who has always been very close to me.  Things may never be quite "normal" but it's much better.

@cat shepardhave a wonderful trip and cruise!  Yes, you will see a lot of changes in Seattle from 30 years ago -- 

@marshhawkSending prayers for your friend Jesse that he tolerates the treatment.  So sad and frustrating that it took so long for the diagnosis.  I immediately thought Lymphoma, as a lump in the throat/neck is the first thing my sister had when she went to be checked.  

@JazzyVgreat news that you're feeling better!

Here are some of my photos of our day in Mykonos.  We browsed around and also took the tour to Delos.  It was a very nice day and I'd love to go back.

The Silhouette in Mykonos

1315073948_SilhouetteinMykonos.thumb.jpg.6864b343cf02d344b16111e9c316852a.jpg

I sat very still next to Petros, the resident pelican..

1244377854_Petrosresidentpelican.jpg.dfb6d18c52a49c24bf05d2058067e6ad.jpg

Mykonos windmills

445974295_Mykonoswindmills.jpg.48875bee64af96631fc90d9686d708bb.jpg

Hundreds of cats, each one beautiful and healthy looking.

285232411_Mykonoskittyonstairs.jpg.daab875704c2d5691813a4a55f8b5a2e.jpg

2092206882_beautifulMykonoskitty.jpg.1ffe406736e1bc91e2227301baadb129.jpg

1315356359_Mykonoscat.jpg.c11a629bf8972fcd8f673d7a4c965c66.jpg

Delos

1058173287_AncientcityofDelos.jpg.27388f01a5fa9caee9660ec6f3825db0.jpg

The lions of Delos

1419600682_Deloslions.jpg.9d6c87421359506f23483e3660fe8327.jpg

Delos.jpg.dc09e7a70f2b5d21bd3e51744c96f609.jpg

A couple murals in the Museum of Delos

1777503084_muralinMuseumofDelos.jpg.04f5eb883a101680aba239f6e67ef2f0.jpg

62989283_partialmuralfromwall.jpg.a7554613951ef2553322e0e1c83647d5.jpg

A gorgeous sunset leaving Mykonos

198725042_sunsetleavingMykonos.thumb.jpg.e191c0a9b91029f31485208185a036f0.jpg

Thank you for your lovely photos.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Normally our POA board meetings are relatively short, but not this one.  Our new president is, to put it nicely, a tad bit too thorough, so the meeting dragged on.  It was a chance to visit with some neighbors.

2 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

The flights! Both require 5+ hours to the West Coast. then 15+ hours non stop for Melbourne. I think that I could only stand one.  😁

Jack

Yes, those long flights can be a killer.  Lately, we've booked business class with lay flat seats.  We found Flight Ease often has good deals on business class, several thousand dollars less than booking through the airlines.

2 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Good morning. A bright sunny morning here after all the rain we had yesterday. And no, the shelter roof is not watertight. The leaks yesterday were over the kennels. Our contractor is beside himself.... and so are we. And the inspector for the warranty was not happy either. I think they need to redo the entire center section.... but no one seems be listening to my suggestions. 

Have to get the house straight and some more "stuff" out to the thrift store. I am do for an appointment with cardiologist on Monday afternoon that I am not looking forward to. After that is done with I need to get a flight booked to the east to see my sister. I may try to be there for her birthday, although often her son visits then and there is not room for all of us in her house. We will see.... maybe just after. 

The meal looks good but I think tonight is salmon and salad.

Susan

Susan, I can feel your frustration since they haven't found our leak either.  I hope the contractor figures it out soon.  I hope the doctor appointment Monday goes well.

Lenda 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1