The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday September 23rd, 2022

richwmn

Today's sunrise is today.  It was taken in the parking lot of the Middle School across the street from my development as the sun starts to emerge through the trees:

hcms0923.JPG.10c9dbe7297ed9384d15b1bb56437c74.JPG

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
wrong photo
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 5

Jacqui @kazu

On 9/18/2022 at 10:24 AM,  Sharon in AZsaid: 

Good afternoon everyone from Livorno!  It’s a lovely day. I changed all my tours to shorter ones since I’m by myself, plus most were the ones that Craig wanted. Today was a walking tour, fish market and several stops for food and wine. Wine at 10:00 am!  Yes, please. 

That walking tour looks very nice, Sharon - do you mind if I ask - was it through HAL or another guide or diy?

———————————-

Sorry for my delayed reply Jacqui!  That Livorno walking tour was through HAL. It was listed as a “foodie” tour. It was nice but I also did one in Naples that was probably the best walking tour I have ever done.  I choose both at the last minute and really enjoyed them. I have the descriptions saved and can email them to you if you would like. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
Spelling
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

I'm feeling less tired this morning after my booster on Wednesday.  Yesterday was kind of a "blah" day -- nothing bad, just mild side effects but enough to slow me down.  We did get a start on getting clothes laid out in the guest room in preparation of packing for the cruise, so I do feel like I got something done.

I never learned sign language, wish I had.  When DH was in Viet Nam '69-'70 I sent him love notes every day.  Snail mail back then!  I googled Teal Talk -- and salute all women who have dealt with ovarian cancer.  The quote is kind of funny, will pass on the meal, drink and wine.  

We were in Qaqortoq on the VOV in 2018.  It was a crisp, sunny day and DH and I walked all over town (and up the hill that Sandi @StLouisCruisersclimbed also).  The only downside was the millions of flying insects that flew in our faces with each step.  Other than that it was a very nice day.

Welcome home Annie and Chuck @marshhawk

Jacqui @kazustay safe!

Debbie @dfishthinking of you and Sue as you're house hunting this weekend.  

Bruce @aliaschiefyou said not to say anything so I won't 😄🙃😉

And some photos from our walk in Qaqortoq.

After stepping off the tender this is the first scene we saw.

1727104893_tenderdropoff.jpg.e3cb37081cbb78c31275706837529014.jpg

We walked for a couple hours before heading back to the tender.

peaceful.jpg.77937ccd5fd77a42fed091ef43f0f39f.jpg

The yellow building on the far left is the school house.

1655028723_yellowschoolhouse.jpg.373ced265f27162c89daed7d0460e246.jpg

No car stuck in the building when we were there. 😞  

Rockhouse.jpg.9727ae86b8dc5d8538fcf6a2df1ee734.jpg

Oldest fountain in Greenland.

1049151616_oldestfountaininGreenland.jpg.d00659610c36823569aa1187a16b1728.jpg

Carvings in the rock

993454417_facecarvingsinrock.jpg.d2eed16d668d099db0c0527de9c8e260.jpg

1069157718_carvingsinrock.jpg.d287f1ce3139d369fa591cc26fd891eb.jpg

I loved all the colored buildings.

682467641_coloredbuildings.jpg.f1c5899467a1b61643f73cd68a8eacc7.jpg

View from the top of the hill.  

1312544588_fromtopofhill.jpg.bb5e5c7beb15b35674d46a7261df78b9.jpg

One of those flies (?) caught in the middle of this photo.

fly.jpg.47669c8d85c0f10abfae394f14d58934.jpg

And some icebergs seen from the tender returning to the ship.

355399504_icebergsseenfromtender.thumb.jpg.aa06abe7e766c08fd43640d43b9a2fa0.jpg

Nice photos.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning!  This past week has been a whirlwind and I’m very behind in getting ready for our upcoming cruise. I came down with a bad rash about 6 weeks ago and finally saw a dermatologist on Wednesday and have been diagnosed with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. Long story but I will hopefully start on a temporary medication while being approved for injections. The temporary med has been approved but it comes from a specialty pharmacy so it’s a waiting game. Roy, I don’t want to be on the Care List, it’s not necessary. I just wanted my Daily friends to know what is going on in my life. 

Yesterday Craig and I had our boosters and flu shots. Craig isn’t feeling too good today, very achy and sore. The pharmacist asked if we wanted covid tests and I said if they were free then of course. We ended up with 8 tests each, wow. 

The talk about all the storms is frightening. Everyone in those areas please keep safe!

Have a great day everyone!

Take care Sharon and good luck with the medication.

I hope Craig is feeling better soon.

Graham.

• Like 10

I don't know much ASL but I have a little acquaintance with special signs used for Jewish liturgy, because the mainstream sign could be confusing or misrepresent the concept. (There is great resistance in the Deaf community to signs devised by people who are hearing, and I am not certain that all of these are accepted.) For example, the standard sign for "hallelujah" is the sign that more commonly means "celebrate," so some interpreters sign it in liturgy as "praise God," the actual meaning. The standard sign for "amen," a rubber-stamping motion, is slightly similar to the Israeli sign for "kosher," so could be confusing, while the standard American sign for "kosher" is the letter K plus the sign for "clean."

We have a bit of a crisis in the synagogue, not related to sign language: there was a Sisterhood (women's club) meeting earlier this week, and the next morning someone who attended had a positive covid test. Others who were exposed could be in prime condition to spread it at Rosh Hashanah services, which are Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.

The Junior Cat is behaving and eating normally, to the extent that she ever does. This is supposed to be my day off, but I'm working.

1463220013_teacherspet.thumb.gif.e728a9cfc3057c37e7310db1b39fffc5.gif

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, kazu said:

I have a generator, food and of course, wine.  So, I’m prepared 😉

Living in So Flo we always make a thermos of coffee before going to bed when a storm is expected, just in case. Also fill the bathtub with water, can be used for flushing!! With a generator you should be fine but during Andrew we lost our generator due to palm trees falling on it. The coffee was greatly appreciated

Good luck and keep us informed when you can.

Mary.

• Like 24

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

I'll salute sign languages and Teal Day for ovarian cancer awareness. No love notes from me today. Funny quote. I'll pass on the meal (fish) and drink. Yes to the wine.

I haven't been to Qaqortoq. Thanks for the photos.

Brrrr. It was 43F this AM. I was so cold when I woke up! I turned off the ceiling fan and put the comforter on the bed. At least it's sunny out, but only 56F now.

@kazu Prayers for you and your area regarding the nasty weather and Fiona coming your way. Stay safe!

@marshhawk Welcome home. 

@0106 Thanks for doing the Daily meal in @dfish Debbie's absence.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for the great photos.

@aliaschief I'm glad you're ok.

@HAL4NOW I hope you get some rain. Your pictures remain scary to see.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Wonderful photos of Qaqortoq.

@cunnorl Wow on that wave; good thing it didn't knock you off your feet!

@1ANGELCAT Sorry to hear about the Botox; that stinks.

@Sharon in AZ I hope the meds will take care of the psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.

@Cruising-along Thanks for the great pictures.

@kochleffel Let's hope the women who were at the Sisterhood meeting test themselves a few times to prevent any spread of Covid at the holiday.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

While  Baltimore has been pretty much sparred from Fiona, our cruise ships have been a little less lucky.  Carnival Legend is on the way home but cruisemapper shows it's track as all Bahamas rather than the Caribbean islands promised.  Enchantment of The Seas is currently headed for Boston but cruisemapper shows her only PVSA port as Saint John on the 27th.  I have a feeling it may not happen.

@Heartgrove I've always gravitated to Royal out of Baltimore because Carnival is pretty much wedded to 7-day cruises with just a couple of lame itineraries.  You scored a real gem.

Roy

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks all!  Hoping Fiona passes safely and Debbie finds a new home.   DH lost an aunt at age 21 to ovarian,  my aunt who also had it,  is fortunately extremely lucky and is 95.  

stay safe walking all!  A pine cone resulted in a a broken elbow for me.  

Some lovely sand hill cranes about to migrate,  

D53E71F5-BE95-4F51-9FBB-2981C7750ED5.jpeg

• Like 23

4 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

I'm also keeping my eye on Tropical Depression #9 that is now expected to intensify as it moves into the Gulf of Mexico and come into SW Florida as a Cat 2 - Cat 3 hurricane early next week. Yesterday, #9 was a very disorganized storm but, overnight, all storm model predictions merged with its path now headed toward our family place south of Sarasota. Hoping it veers away...

I saw that on the news today 😔 the cone of uncertainty is certainly very narrow 😔 I pray it does veer away 🙏🏻 

3 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Morning all, definitely not a good morning. I finally heard back from the doctor about Botox being denied. Basically it’s up to me to pay and then submit  to Medicare for payment. The cost is $4,000. Not Happening. I asked about Carpal Tunnel surgery and they have to talk to Dr , again not in office till Monday. I’m just so disgusted.

Well DAMN 😡 I don’t blame you for being disgusted - I would be too.  So sorry to hear this 😔 

6 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good Friday Morning Dailyites!  I'm home!  Had a great cruise, even though it was "not as advertised".  This was the longest cruise we have taken so far, and I still wanted to stay on board for another 10 days.  So I am looking forward to the 14 and 25 day  upcoming cruises.

Welcome home 🙂. Longer cruises are wonderful - I hope you enjoy them all 🤞 

5 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning! Currently 74F and will get to 89 today. On my walk yesterday I tripped and fell and came so close to major injury. My hand is pretty scraped up but it prevented my face from hitting by an inch.

thank heavens you didn’t have more serious injuries - like broken bones.  Hope you are feeling better soon, Bruce and please take care on those walks.  That’s how I broke my foot one year - a big crack that didn’t look bit and down I went in it.

5 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Just remember, if you don't need a corkscrew if you have cardbordeaux.  A hint:  if you don't have a corkscrew, your can screw a long screw into the cork and use pliers to pull the cork out.  It's a very slow, difficult process, but it does work.  DH used that trick once when younger DD did not have a corkscrew.

LOL - I picked the meme because I thought it was cute and while I do have a corkscrew - My Australian cardbordeaux is on hand for the weekend.

I have a feeling I will need some 😉 

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Jacqui @kazu

On 9/18/2022 at 10:24 AM,  Sharon in AZsaid: 

Good afternoon everyone from Livorno!  It’s a lovely day. I changed all my tours to shorter ones since I’m by myself, plus most were the ones that Craig wanted. Today was a walking tour, fish market and several stops for food and wine. Wine at 10:00 am!  Yes, please. 

That walking tour looks very nice, Sharon - do you mind if I ask - was it through HAL or another guide or diy?

———————————-

Sorry for my delayed reply Jacqui!  That Livorno walking tour was through HAL. It was listed as a “foodie” tour. It was nice but I also did one in Naples that was probably the best walking tour I have ever done.  I choose both at the last minute and really enjoyed them. I have the descriptions saved and can email them to you if you would like. 

Thanks Sharon very much.  I will see if I can find them on my shore excursions.  If it isn’t too much trouble = sure email them or just the title so I make sure I am looking at the right ones - for next year.  Thanks 🙂

1 hour ago, Sea Viewer said:

Living in So Flo we always make a thermos of coffee before going to bed when a storm is expected, just in case. Also fill the bathtub with water, can be used for flushing!! With a generator you should be fine but during Andrew we lost our generator due to palm trees falling on it. The coffee was greatly appreciated

Good luck and keep us informed when you can.

Yikes, I went through two decades of filling the bath tub (we are on a well). since we got the generator I do nada for coffee/ water.  I never thought of losing the generator.  Our contractor put it in a very strategic spot - sure hope nothing happens.  Not sure if I could cope here alone in the dark.  

I usually supply coffee to neighbours without generators if they lose power.

I guess if I lose mine I will go begging (or out for coffee as long as someplace has power 😉)

10 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Afternoon all, just back.from my TA and I decided to cancel my cruise for next Sunday Oct 2nd. Maybe by spring things will be better. 🤞

I am sorry to hear that but I understand your concerns.

I hope that the spring offers you cruises you can enjoy with better things 🤞 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.  The yard looks so much better now.  With no wind or clouds, our temperature rose more quickly than predicted.  It was 71F at 8 am and 96F at 12:45 pm when I finished my shower.  No wonder I needed a break to cool off part way through through mowing.  It's a good afternoon to stay inside.

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh no!  My darling GD is at USF Tampa studying for her marine biology degree.  This sounds like it could be dangerous and down right nasty!  Let's hope it wanders off and dies down.  

Sandi, I hope your DGD and everyone in the path of the storm stays safe 

4 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Morning all, definitely not a good morning. I finally heard back from the doctor about Botox being denied. Basically it’s up to me to pay and then submit  to Medicare for payment. The cost is $4,000. Not Happening. I asked about Carpal Tunnel surgery and they have to talk to Dr , again not in office till Monday. I’m just so disgusted.

Blessings for all.

I can understand why your so disgusted.  I hope you get better news soon.

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning!  This past week has been a whirlwind and I’m very behind in getting ready for our upcoming cruise. I came down with a bad rash about 6 weeks ago and finally saw a dermatologist on Wednesday and have been diagnosed with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. Long story but I will hopefully start on a temporary medication while being approved for injections. The temporary med has been approved but it comes from a specialty pharmacy so it’s a waiting game. Roy, I don’t want to be on the Care List, it’s not necessary. I just wanted my Daily friends to know what is going on in my life. 

Yesterday Craig and I had our boosters and flu shots. Craig isn’t feeling too good today, very achy and sore. The pharmacist asked if we wanted covid tests and I said if they were free then of course. We ended up with 8 tests each, wow. 

The talk about all the storms is frightening. Everyone in those areas please keep safe!

Have a great day everyone!

Sharon, I'm sorry about your diagnosis, and I hope the medicine helps, and you get approved for the injections.  Hope Craig feels better tomorrow.

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Wow, that's awfully expensive!  Dealing with doctor's offices and insurance is so frustrating.  I hope next week's calls work out better and aren't as upsetting.

I'm going through something with my insurance company right now.  Remember that ultrasound of my legs I had in July looking for blood clots?  The doctor's office billed my insurance for the ultrasound which they definitely didn't do.  They made an appointment for me at the imaging center one block away though.  My insurance paid them for the ultrasound and we are supposed to pay $70 which was not covered by insurance.  We just found out they made this billing mistake!  Now we find out the imaging center has been sending bills in to my insurance repeatedly and getting denied.  I thought it must be because the insurance company had paid for the doctor's office billing, but turns out the imaging center had the wrong first three letters at the beginning of my member ID.  I've been on the phone trying to straighten this all out.  I hate messing with insurance and usually DH handles all the calls. Both billing companies made mistakes and I am the innocent party here (for a change!)🤪

Sandi, I hope you get the insurance mess straightened out soon.  We were billed twice for a procedure once.  The doctor's office said to call the billing service.  Guess what, the billing service said to call the doctor's office.  After several calls and letters over a couple of months, DH got it resolved.  Hang in there.

2 hours ago, kochleffel said:

I don't know much ASL but I have a little acquaintance with special signs used for Jewish liturgy, because the mainstream sign could be confusing or misrepresent the concept. (There is great resistance in the Deaf community to signs devised by people who are hearing, and I am not certain that all of these are accepted.) For example, the standard sign for "hallelujah" is the sign that more commonly means "celebrate," so some interpreters sign it in liturgy as "praise God," the actual meaning. The standard sign for "amen," a rubber-stamping motion, is slightly similar to the Israeli sign for "kosher," so could be confusing, while the standard American sign for "kosher" is the letter K plus the sign for "clean."

We have a bit of a crisis in the synagogue, not related to sign language: there was a Sisterhood (women's club) meeting earlier this week, and the next morning someone who attended had a positive covid test. Others who were exposed could be in prime condition to spread it at Rosh Hashanah services, which are Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.

The Junior Cat is behaving and eating normally, to the extent that she ever does. This is supposed to be my day off, but I'm working.

1463220013_teacherspet.thumb.gif.e728a9cfc3057c37e7310db1b39fffc5.gif

I also hope those who were exposed at the Sisterhood meeting will test before the upcoming services.  Good news on the Junior Cat.

29 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Afternoon all, just back.from my TA and I decided to cancel my cruise for next Sunday Oct 2nd. Maybe by spring things will be better. 🤞

I'm sorry you had to cancel your cruise, but we all have to do what is best for us.  I hope you will be able to cruise next spring.

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

It's a sunny 50° here and predicted to climb to 70°. I'll enjoy the sunshine today as both Saturday and Sunday are predicted to be low 60°s with rain both here and, unfortunately, also in Midland where @dfish will likely be dodging raindrops while 🏡house hunting🏡

I'm also keeping my eye on Tropical Depression #9 that is now expected to intensify as it moves into the Gulf of Mexico and come into SW Florida as a Cat 2 - Cat 3 hurricane early next week. Yesterday, #9 was a very disorganized storm but, overnight, all storm model predictions merged with its path now headed toward our family place south of Sarasota. Hoping it veers away...

Screenshot_20220923-081149.thumb.png.0530fe767f975b4262e1881c1dfe5f73.png

-Melisa 

Melissa,

We are watching this one also. Seems to have come out of nowhere and at present the models are all over the place.  As long time Floridians, we watch, wait and prepare. No amount of worry can change the weather.

Stay safe

Charlene

• Like 17

8 hours ago, marshhawk said:

on HAL do you have to use your phone to do anytime dining? 

No, either turn up when you want to eat, or make reservation with MD desk for a few nights at a time.

Do they still have a printed  daily event schedule? 

Yes. delivered to your room each evening.

• Like 9

@HAL Sailer, @StLouisCruisers @cunnorl@summer slope

and anyone in the Southeast US... one of my favorite weather folk from my days in the Mid-Atlantic shared this model.

B0C7DDCA-CE46-41D7-A616-3C92B4FAB835.jpeg.42aede2602fef982094ed2b772fcb84b.jpeg

Your guess is as good as mine. We all need to prepare… @kazu stay safe.

He is based in Connecticut, but so accurate - I trust him more that most tv weather folk. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Take care Sharon and good luck with the medication.

I hope Craig is feeling better soon.

Graham.

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

I'll salute sign languages and Teal Day for ovarian cancer awareness. No love notes from me today. Funny quote. I'll pass on the meal (fish) and drink. Yes to the wine.

I haven't been to Qaqortoq. Thanks for the photos.

Brrrr. It was 43F this AM. I was so cold when I woke up! I turned off the ceiling fan and put the comforter on the bed. At least it's sunny out, but only 56F now.

@kazu Prayers for you and your area regarding the nasty weather and Fiona coming your way. Stay safe!

@marshhawk Welcome home. 

@0106 Thanks for doing the Daily meal in @dfish Debbie's absence.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for the great photos.

@aliaschief I'm glad you're ok.

@HAL4NOW I hope you get some rain. Your pictures remain scary to see.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Wonderful photos of Qaqortoq.

@cunnorl Wow on that wave; good thing it didn't knock you off your feet!

@1ANGELCAT Sorry to hear about the Botox; that stinks.

@Sharon in AZ I hope the meds will take care of the psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.

@Cruising-along Thanks for the great pictures.

@kochleffel Let's hope the women who were at the Sisterhood meeting test themselves a few times to prevent any spread of Covid at the holiday.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I saw that on the news today 😔 the cone of uncertainty is certainly very narrow 😔 I pray it does veer away 🙏🏻 

Well DAMN 😡 I don’t blame you for being disgusted - I would be too.  So sorry to hear this 😔 

Welcome home 🙂. Longer cruises are wonderful - I hope you enjoy them all 🤞 

thank heavens you didn’t have more serious injuries - like broken bones.  Hope you are feeling better soon, Bruce and please take care on those walks.  That’s how I broke my foot one year - a big crack that didn’t look bit and down I went in it.

LOL - I picked the meme because I thought it was cute and while I do have a corkscrew - My Australian cardbordeaux is on hand for the weekend.

I have a feeling I will need some 😉 

Thanks Sharon very much.  I will see if I can find them on my shore excursions.  If it isn’t too much trouble = sure email them or just the title so I make sure I am looking at the right ones - for next year.  Thanks 🙂

Yikes, I went through two decades of filling the bath tub (we are on a well). since we got the generator I do nada for coffee/ water.  I never thought of losing the generator.  Our contractor put it in a very strategic spot - sure hope nothing happens.  Not sure if I could cope here alone in the dark.  

I usually supply coffee to neighbours without generators if they lose power.

I guess if I lose mine I will go begging (or out for coffee as long as someplace has power 😉)

I am sorry to hear that but I understand your concerns.

I hope that the spring offers you cruises you can enjoy with better things 🤞 

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon.  The yard looks so much better now.  With no wind or clouds, our temperature rose more quickly than predicted.  It was 71F at 8 am and 96F at 12:45 pm when I finished my shower.  No wonder I needed a break to cool off part way through through mowing.  It's a good afternoon to stay inside.

Sandi, I hope your DGD and everyone in the path of the storm stays safe 

I can understand why your so disgusted.  I hope you get better news soon.

Sharon, I'm sorry about your diagnosis, and I hope the medicine helps, and you get approved for the injections.  Hope Craig feels better tomorrow.

Sandi, I hope you get the insurance mess straightened out soon.  We were billed twice for a procedure once.  The doctor's office said to call the billing service.  Guess what, the billing service said to call the doctor's office.  After several calls and letters over a couple of months, DH got it resolved.  Hang in there.

I also hope those who were exposed at the Sisterhood meeting will test before the upcoming services.  Good news on the Junior Cat.

I'm sorry you had to cancel your cruise, but we all have to do what is best for us.  I hope you will be able to cruise next spring.

Lenda

Thank you all for your well wishes. This has been a hard pill to swallow. 

Graham your dinner with Sarah looks wonderful.  We love Italian food.  Craig already feels better- thank goodness because I can’t wash or clean much because of the psoriasis on my palms. 

Jacqui, I’ll email you soon. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Graham your dinner with Sarah looks wonderful.  We love Italian food.  Craig already feels better- thank goodness because I can’t wash or clean much because of the psoriasis on my palms. 

Thank you Sharon.

I hope your medication can quickly get rid of the psoriasis on your palms.

Graham.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Oh my gosh, Sharon, that must be so uncomfortable !!!  Sorry you're having to endure this; I hope the medication works quickly to relieve the symptoms.   Glad to hear Craig is feeling better.

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Sharon.

I hope your medication can quickly get rid of the psoriasis on your palms.

Graham.

2 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Oh my gosh, Sharon, that must be so uncomfortable !!!  Sorry you're having to endure this; I hope the medication works quickly to relieve the symptoms.   Glad to hear Craig is feeling better.

Thank you both. Yes, I’ll get through this. We thought about canceling our cruise but I couldn’t bear that because I really think it will be good to get away and not cook and clean and worry about day to day problems.  Craig will be taking Blue to his brother’s house in Show Low and I’ll be packing while he is gone. I think it’ll work out. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Let's hope the women who were at the Sisterhood meeting test themselves a few times to prevent any spread of Covid at the holiday.

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I also hope those who were exposed at the Sisterhood meeting will test before the upcoming services.

I'm not sure that they've even been informed about the exposure, although I'd bet that almost everyone has heard through the grapevine. There has been discussion all day about whether to inform the entire congregation so that members could choose virtual attendance before they have driven here, some from an hour away, but I doubt that it will be done, either. I'm on an advisory committee but it's only advisory.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon, all! We were out for a bon voyage brunch with DH’s cousin today. Now I have to assemble the trip paperwork in final order this afternoon - and there’s a lot of it!

There was a big string of geese heading south at dawn. They’re the first I’ve seen this year. In a few days we’ll join them. @kazu Jacqui, stay safe! At least you have food, and wine, and a generator. Filling a large pot with water wouldn’t be a bad idea, just in case. We'll all be waiting to hear how things go. Prayers also to those in the path of the new storm heading towards Tampa. 
Happy Friday, everyone. Maybe a Hurricane is the one time NOT to wish I was on a BHB!

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

It is indeed. So sorry for all you are going through.

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

No worries my friend.  You have way too much on your plate 😔 

I can figure it out or wait.  You just take care of yourself.

45 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Thank you both. Yes, I’ll get through this. We thought about canceling our cruise but I couldn’t bear that because I really think it will be good to get away and not cook and clean and worry about day to day problems.  

You’re darned right - it WILL be good for you.  Trust me on this.  I went on the Westerdam with a barely healed elbow (with the orthopaedic surgeon’s blessing) 

I did all my exercises on an increasing basis as I improved and was able to walk off lugging my own carry on - not in a sling.

A cruise - where you don’t have to worry about anything can really perk you up.  I encourage you to go.  It made a big difference for me back then.

45 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Craig will be taking Blue to his brother’s house in Show Low and I’ll be packing while he is gone. I think it’ll work out. 

• Like 14

17 minutes ago, kazu said:

You’re darned right - it WILL be good for you.  Trust me on this.  I went on the Westerdam with a barely healed elbow (with the orthopaedic surgeon’s blessing) 

I did all my exercises on an increasing basis as I improved and was able to walk off lugging my own carry on - not in a sling.

A cruise - where you don’t have to worry about anything can really perk you up.  I encourage you to go.  It made a big difference for me back then.

It was breaking my arm just before Thanksgiving one year that prompted my first cruise booking -- starting physical therapy at the end of December led me to cancel a winter vacation. I had been thinking before that about booking a Baltic cruise, but April is too early for that and the one I booked was on the Mediterranean, from Rome.

Lo and behold, shortly before the cruise, I dislocated the other shoulder (with a rotator-cuff tear that wasn't discovered until later). There was time for a consultation with an ortho doc, who said that I could go if I used a wheeled bag and checked it for the flight, and carried a cabin bag small enough and light enough that I could put it overhead with one hand. I also got one session with a physical therapist who gave me exercises to do during the cruise, one of which required using a long stick to push the injured arm with the other one. For that, since a telescoping hiking stick wouldn't fit in the wheeled bag, I took a carpenter's folding ruler.

• Like 14