The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday November 3rd, 2022

richwmn

DB remains in the hospital so they can stanch the bleeding.  I hope PT does a good job walking him around today.   I will go see him first thing in the morning.   No pics of St. Thomas.  Somehow my file of photos from 2019 Rotterdam have gotten accidentally moved into another file.   Have a good one and thanks for the photos! 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

My Dear Friends and Daily-ites. 

Oh my goodness so many on our prayer lists. Each and every one of you have my prayers.

St Thomas.. wow probably 10? 12 times? We will be there 2 more times in Dec/Jan. 

I called the excursions desk yesterday. Our Hawaii/Tahiti cruise had no handicap excursions. I had us on waitlists, and poof, gone! I kept checking back and all were still full. The kind gentleman got us 1 excursion and put us on the waitlist for 4 more. We've been to Hawaii for many years, but I've never been to South Pacific and would love to take some tours!

Another appointment today. Eye checkups. Mahjongg tonight.

We went a Robin Williams comedy last night. I guess I was an exception as people were really laughing and clapping. 

Wishing everyone a blessed day. Healing thoughts and prayers lifted.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

Another difficult update: My DH and I know many have my DSIL (his DS) in your prayers. Late yesterday, a new symptom led to her having a carotid artery Doppler exam which showed a large, potentially fatal blood clot in her jugular vein. Her cardiologist and oncologist immediately put her on a high dose blood thinner and are now determining if/what other treatment to consider. If you have a prayer to spare today, please send it her way.

I have not caught up with Daily posts from yesterday or today. Know I send my 🙏prayers🙏 and my 🎉cheers🎉 to you as I catch up.

-Melisa

Prayers on the way.

Susan

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Got up this morning and looked out at snow on the ridge across the road from me.... so the snow level dropped to about 6800 feet overnight. Took the dogs out and they did their business very quickly - even the chihuahua -but the temps are dropping and I see snow outside my window. Hopefully it will be light. And hopefully he will use the patio potty this afternoon. This when I begin to think of cruises to warmer climes.

Have been to St.Thomas, but no pictures available. I and as to drinks, I love a good stout.

I see the gang is gathering in Barcelona.... should be a nice cruise back. @kazu (drat - no blue bubble) hope you foot is healing. On the world cruise I did on the QE2 there was a woman who had broken her foot a couple days before sailing. Boy was she bummed.

Take care all. Am off to the doggie wars. I will be very glad when my term on the BOD is up in mid-May.

Susan

• Like 18

3 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

Another difficult update: My DH and I know many have my DSIL (his DS) in your prayers. Late yesterday, a new symptom led to her having a carotid artery Doppler exam which showed a large, potentially fatal blood clot in her jugular vein. Her cardiologist and oncologist immediately put her on a high dose blood thinner and are now determining if/what other treatment to consider. If you have a prayer to spare today, please send it her way.

I have not caught up with Daily posts from yesterday or today. Know I send my 🙏prayers🙏 and my 🎉cheers🎉 to you as I catch up.

-Melisa

That is a very concerning find on DSIL's Doppler exam!  At least they found it though and I hope the blood thinner and any other treatments work fast.  Definitely want to add her to my prayers.  And thanks for the update, Melisa.  May the next one be better news.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thank you @richwmn for the Fleet Report/Daily.

A salute to Dominican independence. No one around to give a dollar, but I need to amass some for my upcoming trip. I've tried to like stout, but generally no; I do use it in some recipes. Funny quote! The meal looks good. Pass on the drink and wine (due to price).

I visited St. Thomas on my first ever cruise, on Princess, which was to celebrate my 50th birthday.

Again there was dense fog this morning, but it's now sunny and in the 60's. 

@dfish Thanks for the recipes. It sounds like you're ready to go, and I hope all goes smoothly! Don't worry about the recipes, we'll survive.

@rafinmd Safe travels getting to FL.

@MISTER 67 Sorry to hear they messed up your prescription and I'm glad you're going in person to get it.

@aliaschief I'm glad they found Sue's iPad and are mailing it.

@Rowsby Beautiful Hawaii pictures.

@Sharon in AZ Safe travels.

@Cruzin Terri Good news on finally hearing from your insurance adjustor and getting money for rent! Let the repairs commence!  I would think despite the family emergency, there should have been some message on his voicemail to alert his clients of his absence.

@ottahand7 Sorry to hear about DB's pain and the bed sores; it all sounds awful. Hopefully rehab will be very helpful to him. Good news about Frank. Enjoy the wine dinner tonight.

@ger_77 It sounds like you're enjoying Barcelona.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I was in St. Thomas on the Golden Princess in 2004; when did you sail?

@HAL Sailer Prayers for your DSIL, DH's DS, on this new medical problem. 

@kazu I hope every day that the foot is somewhat better.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

St. Thomas, VI

201.thumb.JPG.73e308ce4c48812aa853dd13a6081870.JPG

View from Paradise Point

1672967420_175-ViewfromParadisePoint.thumb.JPG.a1cc7478bb3ee3054555a88569beb5e8.JPG

Blackbeard's Castle on Government Hill

480835676_181-BlackbeardsCastleonGovernmentHill.thumb.JPG.64c2535c99af24cb1db07ef25a139eb6.JPG

Megan's Bay from Mountain Top

249421458_184-ViewfromMountainTopSt.Thomas.thumb.JPG.8530501c747100a2a16964f3f6b615a5.JPG

777709567_185-MegansBayfromMountainTopSt.Thomas.thumb.JPG.6dfa5ccbcc6b0aedd5ae2d156f492648.JPG

"World Famous" Mountain Top Banana Daiquiri

529099970_196-WorldFamousMountainTopBananaDaiquiri.thumb.JPG.9552a449dccbdcd44f2d5f685528a25e.JPG

Shopping area near the dock

198.thumb.JPG.2d26315da19b04d14180e76402dfef12.JPG

Sunset

16852235_208-SunsetinSt.Thomas.thumb.JPG.4a207464106b8505baa2bc4176906c4b.JPG

• Like 16
  • Thanks 10

Good Afternoon All,

Like many, I’ve had problems since Tuesday logging in.  I Still can’t under my real account, and CC is working on it. This is an account I made years ago when I had a similar problem and was working with CC to resolve it. So for now I’m in, and will report this post so the Help Desk Heroes at CC can possibly better run down the problem. It’s my account, obviously. (Sent from my iPad).

Anyway, glad to see Terri is getting a move on with the repairs and rent, and @dfish is ready to go. Will go back to review the cares list.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Oh my goodness so many on our prayer lists. Each and every one of you have my prayers.

St Thomas.. wow probably 10? 12 times? We will be there 2 more times in Dec/Jan. 

I called the excursions desk yesterday. Our Hawaii/Tahiti cruise had no handicap excursions. I had us on waitlists, and poof, gone! I kept checking back and all were still full. The kind gentleman got us 1 excursion and put us on the waitlist for 4 more. We've been to Hawaii for many years, but I've never been to South Pacific and would love to take some tours!

We went a Robin Williams comedy last night. I guess I was an exception as people were really laughing and clapping. 

Joy, did you check Trip Advisor for excursions?  

Love the real people reviews.  And you can include important requirements, such as accessibility, in your search for each port  More work on your part, but often the rewards are worth it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Joy, did you check Trip Advisor for excursions?  

Love the real people reviews.  And you can include important requirements, such as accessibility, in your search for each port  More work on your part, but often the rewards are worth it. 

Thank you Ann. I used to be a Trip Advisor contributor til we started cruising full time. I'll check them out! Xx

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, dfish said:

I called in help and my movers came and finished the packing for me.  I'm all ready to go.  So, tomorrow we load the truck and then take off.   Oh, my!

💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

Almost there, Debbie! 

• Like 5

Evening all, this has been a depressing day. I finally heard from  the Dr regarding the Botox request and basically I was told there is nothing he can do. No appeal no Carpal tunnel. I asked if I’m just supposed to live like this for the rest of my life and just silence. To be very pc inappropriate, if I had gone for a swim across a river, it would have already been done.

On a happier note, been to St Thomas many times. Anyone else remember buying the Orbit watch for $10?

Blessings to all

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Do you remember when I said that I needed to buy a new washing machine? At the time, I checked out ratings and reviews, and stores' websites -- only big-box stores since no independent appliance dealers remain in this area. It has taken me until today to do any more, not because of indecision, but because I was too busy to go to any stores.

Fate rewarded me for the delay: the model I chose is now on sale, and by the store's calculation I saved $500 on the washer and dryer together. The true saving is not quite that much, because they were at slightly below list price when I first looked, and "saved" is open to question since the cost was more than a trifling amount of money. Nevertheless, the salesman seemed a bit disappointed, because they're the line's most basic models, even though they have eleventeen features that the ones being replace don't. The store offered Sunday delivery, but at no specified time and I teach Sunday school, so the delivery is set for Monday. Also no specified time but my schedule is more flexible on Monday.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good evening.  It's been a long day, and I hope I make it through the World Series game.  We've got a storm comimg in tonight or tomorrow morning.  It could be severe or nothing.  The forecast is that iffy.  Just in case, i'm staying home tomorrow.  I don't like driving in the rain.  Instead, I'll do laundry and catch up on computer work.

@HAL Sailer  Melissa, i'm so sorry about your DSIL's latest medical complication.  I hope the doctors can get it resolved.  She is in my thoughts.

@marshhawk  i'm glad you and DH are visiting his DM while her memory is still somewhat there..

@ottahand7  Nancy,  i hope your DB can get the help he needs either in the hospital or in rehab.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, we were on Golden Princess the first part of February in 2004.  I think we boarded on January 31. DD and DSIL were married on Monday, February 2.

@kochleffel  That is good news that you could save money on the washer and dryer.

@1ANGELCAT  i'm sorry you were denied help with the medicine you need.

@dfish  Debbie, I'm glad you called in help, and are now ready to go tomorrow once the truck is loaded.  The adventure and new chapter in your life begins.

@aliaschief  Bruce, Sue was very lucky they found her iPad and are sending to her.  That helps restore my faith in our fellow man.

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We used Tracy and her company is “Unique Tahiti” . She does a wonderful tour of Tahiti and is a very friendly wonderful guide. We were able to put DD wheelchair in the back. Worked great. 
   On Bora Bora we used “laplage “ tours. They have a pontoon boat that she just rolled on and they took us all over the lagoon. It was wonderful! 
  On Moorea, we used a pick up company at the pier just to give us an overview. They have SUV, or small vans. If your DH could slide in, it would work. Hal  uses a big coach and DH had carried her up the steps the last time- not doing that again. 
     Rhaitea and Nuka Hiva not accessible in my opinion. 
      The tendering is very tough for Nuka Hiva and steps up at the dock. 
       Hope this helps

Charlene

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, cunnorl said:

We used Tracy and her company is “Unique Tahiti” . She does a wonderful tour of Tahiti and is a very friendly wonderful guide. We were able to put DD wheelchair in the back. Worked great. 
   On Bora Bora we used “laplage “ tours. They have a pontoon boat that she just rolled on and they took us all over the lagoon. It was wonderful! 
  On Moorea, we used a pick up company at the pier just to give us an overview. They have SUV, or small vans. If your DH could slide in, it would work. Hal  uses a big coach and DH had carried her up the steps the last time- not doing that again. 
     Rhaitea and Nuka Hiva not accessible in my opinion. 
      The tendering is very tough for Nuka Hiva and steps up at the dock. 
       Hope this helps

Charlene

Thank you so much Charlene. I will look into those!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Thank you so much Charlene. I will look into those!

Joy, if Allen can manage to get in and out of an airport type bus, the Hollywood Tour on Kauai is wonderful.  They may even have an assessible bus.  We booked them independently in 2007, but cruise lines are also selling the tour.

Lenda

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1