Celebrity Laundry disappointment

wesport

I have used laundry on Seabourn, Holland America, and Princess. Bags of laundry come back neatly folded with dress shirts and slacks pressed and on hangers. Did a bag of laundry on the Reflection this week. Came back in one laundry bag. Dress shirts, polos, and khakis were just folded and stuffed in the laundry bag. I will have to hang the dress shirt, polos, and khakis in the bathroom and run the shower on hot to remove all the wrinkles. Wish I had known. Would have waited till I got home. Celebrity’s laundry is just laundry. 

• Like 1

On HLA and Royal and Celebrity my bags of laundry have always come back un ironed. Thats what I paid for   It clearly states wash  and fold .   There is a different service for dry cleaning , and pressing/ ironing 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, retird said:

On HLA and Royal and Celebrity my bags of laundry have always come back un ironed. Thats what I paid for   It clearly states wash  and fold .   There is a different service for dry cleaning , and pressing/ ironing 

I believe the OP was the referring to the clean clothes being put in a bag as opposed to folded neatly in a basket (with tissue paper) or hung up and covered like the 2 options on HAL. Does X provide option for hanging upon return? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

I have never had my laundry come back this way on X.  Must be some kind of cut back.

I've written "please return shirts on hangers" slip and twice was ignored.  However, once Select you do get two free items "pressed" and once Elite, you get one item drycleaned which will be pressed.

One of the first things I do when enter the stateroom is to check to see if there are any laundry forms because often, the attendant can appear in a few minutes of hearing your door open and can ask for two forms (one for pressing/dry cleaning and one for laundry) if they're not there.  Will usually explore the ship and come back after sailaway and by then the luggage should be there and will leave out the shirts that need pressing before turndown

Wash and fold is just that,  No pressing.  Great for workout clothes, socks, hankies, pj’s, undies, jeans, t shirts.  Not a good choice for slacks, blouses, polo shirts,dress shirts, etc

If you send out anything that might be better with a pressing then use the regular wash and press laundry.

15 hours ago, wesport said:

I have used laundry on Seabourn, Holland America, and Princess. Bags of laundry come back neatly folded with dress shirts and slacks pressed and on hangers. Did a bag of laundry on the Reflection this week. Came back in one laundry bag. Dress shirts, polos, and khakis were just folded and stuffed in the laundry bag. I will have to hang the dress shirt, polos, and khakis in the bathroom and run the shower on hot to remove all the wrinkles. Wish I had known. Would have waited till I got home. Celebrity’s laundry is just laundry. 

The offer is wash and fold. We always write on the form  "please return on hangers, thank you". We make the please and thank you big and bold and it has never failed. 

15 hours ago, wesport said:

Also was told as a select member you dont get the discounted bag unless the cruise is 12 nights or more. Had to pay per piece. $60 for wrinkled clothes. 

Total opposite of my recent laundry experience on Edge, and I did laundry two separate times.  Both times perfecto.

We had a similar experience on Silhouette last month. First bag came back beautifully done, shirts on hangers, etc. Second bag was “folded” perhaps by a seven year old, and then all stuffed in a laundry bag. Unacceptable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2023 at 4:15 PM, terrydtx said:

We finally made Elite and it sounds like this one good amenity, one free bag per person, is not so good after all.

It is the one benefit we always use.  As long as you understand that it wash is  and fold, not wash & hang, not wash & press.  We use it for t-shirts, socks, DH undies, workout clothes, denim jeans & shorts and hankies.  We never use it for dress shirts, pants, blouses, skirts or dresses

Although on 1 sailing we did send out 2 dress shirts and as expected they came back folded.  We them sent them to be pressed using the CC benefit if 2 pressed items.  We have a 26 day B2B planned so will do this again.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1