New to Chops

10 hours ago, Harrisonkid said:

Since we might be trying Chops this cruise I need a reminder . Can we order multiple appetizers?  Sides to share ? I am assuming only one Steak/Seafood from the menu!! 

3 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

yes.

menus from last week

005E7FA1-7E9A-425D-B2B8-EE6594E5E1C0.jpeg

0A47D57B-F737-47E8-8CCA-C0B6AE5687B0.jpeg

Grilled Black Pepper Bacon appetizer is almost as large as the New York strip.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

True …And if you prefer crispy bacon you will likely be disappointed 

I always order it extra crispy.  Never been a problem until last cruise on Quantum, they said it could not be done.  I asked them to run it under the broiler one more time, they said it could not be done. Told the waiter to forget about it and I ordered a extra shrimp Appetizer.  About 10 minutes later the head waiter brought out two extra crispy Peppered Bacon appetizers, he thought my wife would like one also. .  Go figure.  They were great as well as one of the best bone in ribeyes I have had from any Chop's. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

True …And if you prefer crispy bacon you will likely be disappointed 

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

But you can ask for it and get it....just ask.

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

I always order it extra crispy.  Never been a problem until last cruise on Quantum, they said it could not be done.  I asked them to run it under the broiler one more time, they said it could not be done. Told the waiter to forget about it and I ordered a extra shrimp Appetizer.  About 10 minutes later the head waiter brought out two extra crispy Peppered Bacon appetizers, he thought my wife would like one also. .  Go figure.  They were great as well as one of the best bone in ribeyes I have had from any Chop's. 

We asked on Saturday on the Enchantment and were also told "no".    That was the end of it.  Something else was ordered.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

We asked on Saturday on the Enchantment and were also told "no". 

Wow.  Have never been told "NO" before on any RCCL cruise.  I think I would've had to respectfully ask for a refund from the manager and inform him we will not book again.  Might even ask for the food service manager to advise him of my angst.  Then I would launch my usual corporate letters.  No excuse for that on a specialty paid for restaurant.  We were very disappointed with Chops last March on Adventure.  Nothing was right about that meal.  And why wouldn't someone just order the Chops filet in MDR for a fraction of the cost.  That's what we decided.

• Like 1

Spoiled brat?  If you are paying for a meal, you should be accommodated; your meat prepared the way you like it...no different than ordering your steak Medium or Well Done.  Anyone knows Pork Belly cooked properly is crisp on the top.  Not gelatinous.

• Like 2

Ate 3 times in Chops on the Enchantment in November. Had a package.  The ribeye was awful!  The pepper bacon was a lump of fat.  Will not be going to Chops on the next cruise.  Both these were ordered the first night. Meals on nights 2 & 3 were acceptable, not great.

2 hours ago, baldilocks said:

We purchase Chops lunch on a sea day. Same menu and we save a few $$$.

No way I could do that. I end up going way overboard on food and drink at Chops and would be worthless the rest of the day if I did it at lunch!

Belly Slap GIFs | Tenor

5 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Wow.  Have never been told "NO" before on any RCCL cruise.  I think I would've had to respectfully ask for a refund from the manager and inform him we will not book again.  Might even ask for the food service manager to advise him of my angst.  Then I would launch my usual corporate letters.  No excuse for that on a specialty paid for restaurant.  We were very disappointed with Chops last March on Adventure.  Nothing was right about that meal.  And why wouldn't someone just order the Chops filet in MDR for a fraction of the cost.  That's what we decided.

Having sailed on the Adventure last May, I must say the entire ship was a disappointment- time to sell that ship.  

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Having sailed on the Adventure last May, I must say the entire ship was a disappointment- time to sell that ship.  

Dang! Sorry to hear that! We will board Adventure twice next year and once the following year, same room each time. Sure hope we love that room, as well as the ship! It's been awhile since we've been on Adventure, so hoping the years have been kind to her or maybe she'll be refurbished before we board, or switched to a newer ship! In any event, we will be on a ship somewhere in the Caribbean, so that's not a bad thing! Cheers!

Edited by SilkySal
add
  • Like 3