​⛴️​ LIVE from Allure ​🎠​ out of Galveston - Ozark_Kid and brillohead team up for a duo-thread: Jan 22, 2023

I participated in a duo live thread on Navigator back in 2018 with @Rogueperson.

It was my first attempt at a live thread and we had never met before either.

It went really well - apart from Rogue unfortunately getting sick part way through 😞 - as our different perspectives complemented each other. I kept it going while he was out of action and he always remembered to take pics of the menus that I forgot! 😂

I'm sure yours will go great too. Have an amazing time all! 🥰

Edited by FionaMG
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, slyster said:

following along.  I'm on Allure next August.  

I am curious if notification was given to arrive an hour late to the pier for this sailing?  I keep seeing folks post they received an email about check in telling them to arrive later.  

I did, and then the day before the cruise, I was told to arrive between noon-3pm, followed by a notice on the day of the cruise that they'd see me at 10:00 (my original time).  Many others in my Roll Call got told to arrive at their regular time, others got the noon-3pm notice, and some people got BOTH notices.

I arrived about 10:20 and nobody ever looked at my arrival time and they started boarding the D+ folks at 10:30.  

I have no idea what it was all about, but Royal's ever-impressive IT department screwed it all up royally!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

You have to go. It's a rite of passage.

Are friends have gone before and loved it.  Since we don't have a car I am not sure how we can.  Hopefully close to where we are staying. 

BTW, I have brought the Insta x3 with us.  I hope I can edit it good enough to post some video. 

Also found my old Gopro 6.  I had to have my DD remind me how to use it.  @brillohead is taking us to a cool snorkeling place in Roatan and thought it might come in handy.  The X3 is waterproof but I don't know what the quality is shooting underwater. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The X3 is waterproof but I don't know what the quality is shooting underwater. 

Worth a try. I'm sure it would look better than the Go Pro 6. But better yet try both and compare.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

This is a different perspective on LIVE threads, so please bear with me.  

@Ozark_Kid and @brillohead have never met each other, but we're both going to be on Allure next week, so we decided to do a combination LIVE thread.  It will be the first LIVE thread for both of us, so please bear with us as we learn how this goes.  We're different types of people traveling in different circumstances, so we'll each be offering different perspectives all in one thread.

In my case, I'm actually already on board.  I'm doing a B3B on Allure, and tomorrow's cruise will be my second leg.  I'm traveling solo for all three legs, in a Central Park balcony room (because it was cheaper than an inside room, between my TA's group rates and my C&A balcony discount).  I'm in the same room for this second leg, but I will have to move for my third leg (I added the third week after I'd already booked the first two and was unable to get the same room for all three weeks).  

I'm a pretty boring cruiser -- I spend most days with my Kindle -- so hopefully @Ozark_Kid and his entourage can add some more interesting daily details.  He's in the process of traveling here, so he'll jump in here when he gets a chance. 

As for my day before the cruise, here's my Consecutive Cruiser letter with the details of how tomorrow morning will go for me:

IMG_20230121_073131291.thumb.jpg.d6026d7d9e066529061c7682e49f7a61.jpg

I started my day with a free can of Coke Zero out of my room fridge.  With my Diamond Plus status level, I get three "gifts/amenities" for each cruise, and I chose a six-pack of Coke Zero for all three of them, so I started the cruise with a total of 19 cans of Coke Zero (I also get my single "welcome beverage" can, plus four bottles of water) in my room.  I used to get the soda package on each cruise, but with all the freebie sodas I get from CAS now, I don't bother with that anymore. (I don't drink coffee at all, so Coke Zero is my daily caffeine source.)

I also don't eat breakfast or lunch -- although I do sometimes make an exception and get a salad at Park Cafe.  I do adore a good salad!  This isn't any particular diet method, it just works out for my daily schedule in my normal life.  I'm a Registered Nurse, and I work overnight shifts, so I normally get up and go to work (I'm not hungry when I first wake up), work half of my shift, eat dinner in the middle of the night, finish working my shift, then go home and go to bed.  When I'm cruising, I just shift my waking hours, and 8pm becomes the new 2am and that's when I eat my meal of the day.  That's another reason I don't normally do LIVE threads... I don't have a bunch of meals and snacks to report, just one meal a day.

Anyway, I'm off for a date with my Kindle.  Ta Ta For Now! 

We sound like much the same except I might eat some breakfast. I did b2b on allure and was sick 2nd week so kinda missed a lot.

So I'm following along. I did central park and then boardwalk. I was glad I had a view of the ocean the week I was sick.

I too read a lot like you and love a good salad. Lol I wished they had more seeds in park cafe for toppings. I was so happy they had arugula there. Love it. 

I loved allure.  Mama mia was exceptional imo.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We were able to board and are flying on time.  Yes, this is Southwest!  😂 

Checking out while we fly.  Thanks all who are following along.   And thanks again @brillohead for getting it started.  Looking forward to meeting you! 

I hope she's easier to find than some people are😇 Have fun 

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2