The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday, February 10, 2023

kochleffel

Hello everyone,

Following along; want to wish everyone a good and restful weekend.

It appears everyone has had a very busy week.

Prayers for all because we can all use them.

Cheers to those celebrating things.

Take care all and stay safe. 😊 🙏 🌞

• Like 21

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

No more purple stitches in my mouth!! They said I was very patient to leave them in there so long and were surprised they were still hanging in there. I didn’t tell them I’ve had more pressing matters this week!

And here are the newest members of our family! DD just brought them home. The boys will be thrilled when they get home from school. 

A0210739-9167-4E7D-82A3-C494422C17C1.thumb.jpeg.2a4246e46e9cc55efc89e2e0453ae49c.jpeg

very cute!

• Like 17

44 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good evening friends!  Just a short post to say we had an uneventful drive down and it took less time today - 11 hours. Light rain every once in a while up north but abundant sunshine down here.

Thanks for checking in Sandi, and Bon Voyage!

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Sending you our prayers 🙏 and best wishes.

Graham and Pauline x

Thank you so much Graham and Pauline!

10 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

We are back in our cabin but 2 trips to guest services to get it straightened out and then request them to deliver my bags back home. 

So glad to hear that you're back in your cabin!  And your kitty was beautiful.  These kitties are our DD's, but you can be sure I'll be loving them like they're mine 😉  The black one looks a lot like my buddy Jinx from across the street who passed away in December.

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

They are gorgeous.

I think so too 🙂  Can't wait to see them in person.

• Like 19

I sailed Oasis class just once, a transatlantic and made it a B2B, Rome-Barcelona-Fort Lauderdale, and enjoyed it.  I experienced 2 unique inside (but open) balconies, over Central Park for the first leg and over Boardwalk for the actual transatlantic, even caught a couple of sunrises from my Boardwalk balcony.  My complaint with them is that they're quite limited in how many ports they can get into.

I've love Vision class (like Enchantment) and that's still my favorite class.  I was pretty much hooked on them from my first cruise when we started with a mid-day arrival in San Juan watching the scenery from a table in the forward Windjammer (lido buffet).

Roy

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I've love Vision class (like Enchantment) and that's still my favorite class.  I was pretty much hooked on them from my first cruise

I've been particularly happy with the Radiance class ships, which are comparable in size. I didn't like the Voyager as much.

• Like 13

Busy day on the Daily.

@grapau27 I'm amazed there's a carousel on a cruise ship!

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for checking in and I'm glad you arrived safely. I'll look for you tomorrow as you sail away! Bon Voyage!

@Cruising-along I'm glad you got those stitches out. Cute kittens!

@ottahand7 Good to hear you're back home in your cabin.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Busy day on the Daily.

@grapau27 I'm amazed there's a carousel on a cruise ship!

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for checking in and I'm glad you arrived safely. I'll look for you tomorrow as you sail away! Bon Voyage!

@Cruising-along I'm glad you got those stitches out. Cute kittens!

@ottahand7 Good to hear you're back home in your cabin.

Thanks Vanessa and everyone who posted. We are turning in early tonight since we’ve been up since 2 a.m.  But I wanted to mention the camera operators ask if you have a banner to wave and I said No, just my dark blue bandana. So expect that. Will wave at everyone!🙋‍♀️

• Like 16

Thanks for the fleet locations, the daily, the maps and the Care and Celebration lisis.

@ottahand7  pleased that you have moved back to your stateroom, hope it is fully dried out.

@Cruising-along  your mouth will be more comfortable with the stitches removed, sorry about the kidney problem, how much water are you expected to drink each day??  Thanks for the photo of the dear wee kittens.

@seagarsmoker Congratulations  upgrading to the Pinnacle Suite.

@marshhawk, thank you for your update, do you have an appointment .....day and time with the pulmonologist?,

@rafinmd hope you improve each day.

It's a sunny Saturday, temperature 23 C.  DH has been in town helping with a Rotary project.

Positive thoughts and best wishes to those with health issues.

A sincere Thank you for the Multiquoting today.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, erewhon said:

@Cruising-along  your mouth will be more comfortable with the stitches removed, sorry about the kidney problem, how much water are you expected to drink each day??  Thanks for the photo of the dear wee kittens.

You are so right, my mouth felt better immediately.

So far I've been told to drink 64 oz (half a gallon) of water/fluids/day and I've been drinking a little more than that.  I'll ask the doctor on Monday if she wants me to continue with that much.

I'm sure I'll be posting more photos of my grand-kittens as time goes on. 🙂  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I sailed Oasis class just once, a transatlantic and made it a B2B, Rome-Barcelona-Fort Lauderdale, and enjoyed it.  I experienced 2 unique inside (but open) balconies, over Central Park for the first leg and over Boardwalk for the actual transatlantic, even caught a couple of sunrises from my Boardwalk balcony.  My complaint with them is that they're quite limited in how many ports they can get into.

I've love Vision class (like Enchantment) and that's still my favorite class.  I was pretty much hooked on them from my first cruise when we started with a mid-day arrival in San Juan watching the scenery from a table in the forward Windjammer (lido buffet).

Roy

Oasis was my first trip post the shut down and I loved it.  Then I scheduled a B2B so DH could enjoy it too.  Give us any ship and we are happy.  Leaving on Enchantment in a few weeks.  Best wishes for a continuing recovery, Roy.  Katherine 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks to all for well wishes.  Felt somewhat stronger today and actually "did" something.  Trip to the grocery store and cleaners.  Just worked around the house picking up stuff and trying to get a handle on the mail that piled up after being opened post-trip!  Still coughing some, but definitely less!

@durangoscots, yes, I am very aware of altitude.  Even noticed it in Phoenix (1068") after being at sea level for almost 3 weeks.  Dreading the trip Monday over Vail and then thru the Tunnel (11,000')!!!!

• Like 14

6 hours ago, richwmn said:

It is amazing what this has become. I want to thank everyone for keeping it going.

Special thanks to @kochleffel, @cat shepard, @JazzyV, and @Quartzsite Cruiser for their contributions in starting different sections.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Rich

It is all because of you, Rich.  You set the tone.

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good evening friends!  Just a short post to say we had an uneventful drive down and it took less time today - 11 hours. Light rain every once in a while up north but abundant sunshine down here. I’ve tried to catch up on the Daily but wow lots going on today.  Thanks to all for helping post today so the Daily can continue.  Prayers for all in need of them, a toast to those celebrating and welcome home to a few of you.  Thanks for posting my photos today Lenda@Quartzsite Cruiser and thanks to Graham@grapau27for your vacation photos too.  Sky Princess is supposedly leaving tomorrow at 3:30 ish and I plan on waving my arm off at the PTZ camera from my port side balcony. 3 decks above the tenders (Caribe deck) and about 4 balconies forward of the first tender. My twin and cruising buddy Susan will probably be watching. Join me!  PS I waved at Ann and Charlene on 95 today too!👋

Thanks for checking in, Sandi, to let us know you arrived safely.  You know all the Daily Moms would be fretting if you didn't.  

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

No more purple stitches in my mouth!! They said I was very patient to leave them in there so long and were surprised they were still hanging in there. I didn’t tell them I’ve had more pressing matters this week!

And here are the newest members of our family! DD just brought them home. The boys will be thrilled when they get home from school. 

A0210739-9167-4E7D-82A3-C494422C17C1.thumb.jpeg.2a4246e46e9cc55efc89e2e0453ae49c.jpeg

Glad the stitches are out and the kitties are cute!  You need to go visit them as they would be great medicine for you.

3 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Sandi, glad you made it down safely.   Bon Voyage! 

We are back in our cabin but 2 trips to guest services to get it straightened out and then request them to deliver my bags back home. First sunset back home and a few photos of PDE. 

IMG_20230210_193154000_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230210_122845280.jpg

IMG_20230210_124504437.jpg

IMG_20230210_120337609.jpg

IMG_20230210_105708983.jpg

IMG_20230210_113651551_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230210_103336291_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230210_100508026.jpg

Glad to hear you are back in  your cabin.  What an ordeal!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good evening friends!  Just a short post to say we had an uneventful drive down and it took less time today - 11 hours. Light rain every once in a while up north but abundant sunshine down here. I’ve tried to catch up on the Daily but wow lots going on today.  Thanks to all for helping post today so the Daily can continue.  Prayers for all in need of them, a toast to those celebrating and welcome home to a few of you.  Thanks for posting my photos today Lenda@Quartzsite Cruiser and thanks to Graham@grapau27for your vacation photos too.  Sky Princess is supposedly leaving tomorrow at 3:30 ish and I plan on waving my arm off at the PTZ camera from my port side balcony. 3 decks above the tenders (Caribe deck) and about 4 balconies forward of the first tender. My twin and cruising buddy Susan will probably be watching. Join me!  PS I waved at Ann and Charlene on 95 today too!👋

Sandi, good to know you arrived safely, and that you didn’t have much rain on the trip.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We had an amazing cruise then a hotel stay in South beach Miami Lenda.

The ship felt reasonably empty even with 6400 passengers on board.

We never felt any movement whatsoever.

I videoed this on the carousel.

We were sitting on a chair.

Pauline did get on one of the horses but I couldn't with my arthritis.

Graham.

Graham, thanks for the video.  I really like carousels.  I was surprised at how uncrowded the ship looked.

4 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

So glad you got the stitches removed.  Thanks for the picture of the two very cute kitties.

4 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

We are back in our cabin but 2 trips to guest services to get it straightened out and then request them to deliver my bags back home. First sunset back home and a few photos of PDE. 

IMG_20230210_193154000_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230210_122845280.jpg

IMG_20230210_124504437.jpg

IMG_20230210_120337609.jpg

IMG_20230210_105708983.jpg

IMG_20230210_113651551_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230210_103336291_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230210_100508026.jpg

Nancy, that's great news you're back in your original room.

1 hour ago, cruzn single said:

Many thanks to all for well wishes.  Felt somewhat stronger today and actually "did" something.  Trip to the grocery store and cleaners.  Just worked around the house picking up stuff and trying to get a handle on the mail that piled up after being opened post-trip!  Still coughing some, but definitely less!

@durangoscots, yes, I am very aware of altitude.  Even noticed it in Phoenix (1068") after being at sea level for almost 3 weeks.  Dreading the trip Monday over Vail and then thru the Tunnel (11,000')!!!!

Mary Kay, I'm glad you felt stronger today,

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

You are so right, my mouth felt better immediately.

So far I've been told to drink 64 oz (half a gallon) of water/fluids/day and I've been drinking a little more than that.  I'll ask the doctor on Monday if she wants me to continue with that much.

I'm sure I'll be posting more photos of my grand-kittens as time goes on. 🙂  

@Cruising-along

Thank you for your reply.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

We sailed on Splendour of the seas 3 times from Venice.

We sailed on Enchantment from Cape Canaveral to the Bahamas.

We sailed on Vision from Dubai.

As the smallest Royal Caribbean ships we also enjoyed sailing on the Vision class of ship Roy.

Big or small ship we love cruising.

Graham.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good evening friends!  Just a short post to say we had an uneventful drive down and it took less time today - 11 hours. Light rain every once in a while up north but abundant sunshine down here.

Yay!  So glad to hear you are there safely.  Have a great cruise - we’ll be waving back at you 👋 

11 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

LOL on more important things - you did indeed 😉 Glad to hear they are out 👍 

11 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Just so sweet ♥️ 

11 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

We are back in our cabin but 2 trips to guest services to get it straightened out and then request them to deliver my bags back home.

Yay!  So glad to hear you are back in your room aka home at sea.  Ugh on the hassle to get your bags moved but at least it is done.  I hope all goes smoothly now 🤞 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, kochleffel said:

I've been particularly happy with the Radiance class ships, which are comparable in size. I didn't like the Voyager as much.

Brilliance of the sea's was one of our favourites.

We sailed around the Emirates from Dubai on her.

We also took Pauline's late mam with us in a Grand Suite from Barcelona not long after Pauline's dad died.

Graham 

IMG_20230208_135720.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3