The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday February 12th, 2023

cat shepard

Today is Abraham Lincoln's Birthday, National Lost Penny Day, and Plum Pudding Day

I don't deserve any credit for turning the other cheek as my tongue is always in it. - Flannery O'Connor

Meal Suggestion for today - Creole Jambalaya
Drink of the Day - Smore Tini
Wine of the Day - Louis Roederer Brut Champagne Cristal 2014
Destination of the Day - Cobh-Cork, Ireland

Eurodam

Puerto Limon, Costa Rica 06:30 - 16:00

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Ensenada, Baja California Mexico eta 2-17

Nieuw Amsterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Statendam

Key West, Florida 07:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Ushuaia, Argentina eta 2-17

Rotterdam

St Thomas Island USVI, Charlotte Amalie, US Virgin Islands 08:00 - 17:00

Volendam

Buenos Aires, Argentina 08:00 Arrive

Zaandam

Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala 07:00 - 17:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Melbourne, Victoria Australia 08:00 - 17:00

Westerdam

Klang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Selangor 08:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

Hobart, Tasmania Australia 16:00 Depart

F9E65977-7100-446E-A09B-811DD3892233.thumb.jpeg.ef94a09ca8f96f2b822544acf9feab3c.jpeg

44BF094E-A391-4F83-876B-64BABD73642F.thumb.jpeg.d52b86159e613a5d5fcf0bad4508ff0c.jpeg

Ann for Paul, Sandi, Roy & Rich!

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 1

Thank you Rich, for setting up the Report and Daily program, so it is a simple matter of copying & pasting.

Loved seeing the pictures of Sandi & Dennis at their Sailaway yesterday. Thanks to all who posted them!

The sky is just starting to get light after another night of heavy rains. Hope the rain has helped put out the wildfires South of me. Off early to the gym. Then Aldi and Bindi walks. Perhaps some yard work. 

EF174726-4567-46A1-B174-BD621C293E5C.jpeg.8b97836498846a6a36f1cbf98eb565ab.jpeg

5562B9EA-5231-41F5-BE83-6FCE75D9DE0A.jpeg.8780c2e75c7793db43e998c170234436.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Louis Roederer Brut Champagne Cristal 2014

Well this superb champagne is one for the record books, but I am fairly certain I will never get to try it. Numerous online distributors with prices starting at $278.88.

Winemaker Notes

#10 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2022

Produced uniquely during the best years, when the Chardonnay (around 40%) and Pinot noir (around 60%) grapes have attained perfect maturity, Cristal is aged for 6 years in Louis Roederer’s cellars and left for a further 8 months after dégorgement.

Cristal is a remarkably balanced and refined champagne whose length is inimitable. It has a silky texture and fruity aromas, complemented by a powerful mineral quality with white fruit and citrus notes. Cristal is a wine that keeps well: it can be conserved for over twenty years without losing its freshness and character.

WS98 Wine Spectator
This vivid Champagne has upfront and linear definition, thanks to rapierlike acidity, with finely meshed flavors of ripe black cherry and mandarin orange fruit, raw almond, anise and cardamom spice as well as a touch of honeycomb, which all unfurl and expand on the fine, creamy palate. Sleek acidity continues through to the finish, with additional racy character provided by a streak of minerally saline and chalk, which gains momentum through the midpalate and rings out on the well-cut, lasting finish. Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Drink now through 2040.
JS97 James Suckling
An enlightened expression from a season of extremes, this has intensity, ripeness and depth of fruit that is underpinned by chalk soil-derived structure and freshness. Complex nose with lemon and grapefruit aromas, as well as closed red apple, blood orange, light biscuit spices and toasted hazelnuts. Super fresh. The palate starts pithy and fleshy with pink grapefruit, blood orange, red apple, sliced strawberry and nectarine. Expansive and mouth-filling build that is driven by concentrated fruit, Then it tightens and turns to a more mineral edge, before smoothly honed phenolics finish it long. It is 60% pinot noir and 40% chardonnay, 32% oak fermentation in those same proportions, no chaptalization, no malolactic and a dosage of 7g per liter. From organically farmed grapes. Very complex, it strikes a natural balance and is very drinkable already, though will develop well for more than a decade in the cellar.
WE97 Wine Enthusiast

Still young, with toast aromas and shining white-fruit flavors, the latest release of Cristal is just setting out. A dry, tight core of intense flavors are shot through with minerality from the pure chalk soil of the 45 individual parcels in the blend. Cellar Selection

WW97 Wilfred Wong of Wine.com
The 2014 Champagne Louis Roederer Cristal Champagne deftly combines richness, balanced, and length. TASTING NOTES: This wine excels with aromas and flavors of green apples, stones, a faint note of earthiness, and yeastiness. Please place it in the center of the table and enjoy its beauty without distraction. (Tasted: August 2, 2022, San Francisco, CA)
JD96 Jeb Dunnuck
It’s always educational, and a treat, to taste the latest vintage of Louis Roederer’s flagship Cristal Champagne. This cuvee is sourced from 45 separate plots covering just under 200 acres spread between the villages of Verzeny, Verzy, Beaumont-sur-Vesle, Aÿ, Avize, Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, and Cramant. The vineyards are farmed either organically or biodynamically and are planted to a 60/40 split of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Each parcel is vinified separately and for the 2014, only 39 parcels made the final selection, with the blend being roughly 60% Pinot Noir and 40% Chardonnay. The wine has the malolactic fermentation blocked and is brought up in a mix of 32% oak and 68% tank. This was a warmer year that saw fabulous springtime weather, a slightly cooler, rainy summer, and a great end of the year. The 2014 fits in nicely in recent vintages and has a style all its own, showing a fleshy, round, nicely concentrated style reminiscent of the 2012 yet not quite the precision of either the 2008 or 2013. Gorgeous and classic Cristal stone fruit, chalky minerality, white flowers, almond paste, and subtle toast emerge on the nose and it hits the palate with medium to full-bodied richness, a supple, almost creamy texture, terrific balance, and a great finish. It’s surprisingly approachable yet I’ve no doubt it will evolve nicely given its mid-palate depth and overall balance. It’s beautiful today and a terrific Cristal to enjoy over the coming two decades or so. It’s unquestionably more approachable than either the 2013 or 2008, but not far off qualitatively.
RP96 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
The 2014 Cristal is a terrific effort that transcends the vintage. Bursting from the glass with expressive aromas of ripe citrus fruit, nectarine, white flowers, freshly baked bread and subtle hints of honeycomb, it's medium to full-bodied, vinous and fleshy, with an exuberant core of fruit that's girdled by racy acids, resulting in a wine that's simultaneously chiseled and demonstrative, meaning that early appeal doesn't come at the expense of the requisite tension for long-term cellaring. Concluding with a long, aromatic and intensely chalky finish, it is a brilliant Champagne that will offer a broad drinking window. This bottle was disgorged in June 2021 with seven grams per liter dosage.
D95 Decanter
The rollercoaster growing season of 2014 is reflected to perfection by the innate tension here; ripe citric fruit and even a touch of exoticism (mango and fig) tempered by a fine shard of acidity and a lifted ethereal character, described paradoxically by chef de caves Jean-Baptiste Lecaillon as ‘weightless density’. Purity, energy and power make for very happy bedfellows, courtesy the chalky terroir and its organic husbandry. The texture is silky, the bubbles joyfully integrated and the finish resourceful and precise, its salinity deferential to the deep-digging roots. Disgorged: June 2021. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 6

Thank you for posting today's daily reports Ann.

Plum pudding sounds good.

Interesting quote.

Not sure about today's food.

We have been to Cobh on Independence of the seas.

We visited the Titanic museum there and had a nice walk around the town in my second photo.

First photo is Cherbourg which was on the same cruise.

Prayers for everyone on the care list.

Happy sailing to all who are currently sailing.

Graham.

IMG_20180529_123333.jpg

Screenshot_20230212_120850_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good Sunday morning.  We are in Buenos Aires for the next three days. I missed checking in yesterday because we had a long day in Montevideo and at the winery.  It was a great shore excursion again.  Ann thanks for starting us off with the daily and care reports. Prayers for all on our Care list and the people of Ukraine.  Thanks for all the well wishes while we were kicked out of our home at sea. Their renumeration is $1500 on board credit. I had $600 remaining so I have $2100 to spend over 33 days.  Fully booked on shore excursions and 3 Pinnacle Grill dinners prepaid. John is going to go to guest services today to tell them what we think of their offer.   I am off to the Pampas to ride a horse in the 90 degree heat.  Have a great day!

IMG_20230212_064622266_HDR.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Good morning! It’s sleep in morning! It’s 68 F, cloudy and windy!  Sunrise looks like it will happen but will be pretty subdued to the eye! We had a spell of heavy rain after 5:00 PM last night and the winds howled. So will have breakfast,  attend on-line church and see what happens later in the day.

We will get the Super Bowl on TV but it will broadcast in Spanish! That should be interesting and probably no commercials. Definitely will be different!

So enjoy the day and the Big Game if so inclined.

Bruce

image.jpeg.d1500c8e4b46ff5d6daa857f4f7249d6.jpegimage.jpeg.d4a06e918229c85864a656b9f5b4bbce.jpegimage.jpeg.03bcc0cfbecd564b7d498e13768f06d6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.49ab5cbbf6cc0eb7a56619776b7ad963.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Haha 12

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Happy Birthday Mr Lincoln.  No pennies here.  Plum pudding would be lovely.

Love the quote.

I'll pass on the meal and the drink, wish I could afford the wine.

We haven't been to today's port, maybe someday.

We'll watch at least some of the big game today.  I guess I'll cheer for the Kelce brothers (one plays for the Eagles, one plays for the Chiefs).

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

• Like 24

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good if I substitute chicken for any fishy ingredients.  Yesterday while running my errands at three of four stops I found a penny.  DH put a deposit down on a new car yesterday, it’s a newer version of his current car, it should be here by March 23.  Today the only errand is a quick trip to Aldi.

I hope everyone has a good day today.

For the Eagles fans

image.thumb.png.6c64b6be65d03a816c1367e13aa6a0bb.png

image.png.10f2c4c654bcf67bd7a169ecae5f6889.png

• Like 24
  • Haha 7

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Ann.

Interesting collection of days.  Kind of hard to celebrate any of them being Canadian - the penny has been lost here for years 😉 

LOL on today’s quote and that champagne sounds fabulous @cat shepard not in my price bracket but I’d be happy to have it if someone else were buying 😂 Yum on jambalaya.

927F629F-4C37-4F1F-98D1-5A2C355F26ED.jpeg.10b0f9d14800834ed0b2bf3b7fb8f8d1.jpeg

DH and I adored were on the P’dam when we stopped in Cobh.  It was so cool with the ship right there with all the little ones.  And the White Star terminal is really worth a visit.  Gorgeous woollen items there.  My BIL and step son are now wearing Jose’s caps he bought there. 👍 will hunt for pics and post later.

E9E84449-B321-4F33-9999-A1485CB61254.thumb.jpeg.b8085e3f85a986a8218485a064153de1.jpeg

My guy was able to come over yesterday and got the driveway de-iced and delivered the last of my Valentine’s Day gift bags for those who have been helping me.  Of course, the temps are cold and it’s going to snow again - ‘sigh’.

D0A87068-1DE9-4625-B60D-94C2479FC805.thumb.jpeg.b49e05bac768867d087d56a171b02866.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list, Ukraine & earthquake suffers and those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory list.

F6FE5EDA-9180-409E-B353-024B6E3316D2.jpeg.26c377935be56e4f8bae229b2daee2fe.jpeg

Have a great Sunday everyone !!!!

• Like 27
  • Haha 10

Good morning.  Thanks to all who keep this thread going — especially in these unique times.

Off to church a bit later and then to our monthly luncheon.  I will be wearing my Eagles green.  Sister Karen making our SuperBowl dinner.  I asked her to be sure to have some low carb options.  I will praying for safety for DGS who is spending the day/night in Philly.  He likes to be in the center of the action!

Prayers for our care list.  Have a great day.  Katherine 

• Like 25

Good morning everyone.  Happy birthday to honest Abe!  Hopefully I find a lost penny today.  I think I’ll skip the plum pudding.  I like Flannery’s wit, not for everyone though.  The meal suggestion sounds delicious!  I have not been to today’s port.  Prayers for all on our prayer list for speedy recoveries.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!

• Like 23

Today’s care list:

RIP Bennybear’s aunt 2/5/23

Roy slowly getting back to normal

Cruising sister’s painful hand surgery

Kochleffel with positive Covid test

Cruzn single lung problems

28,000+ deaths after Turkish & Syrian earthquakes

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Jacqui recovering from elbow surgery

Cruising-along’s kidney issues

Scrapnana undergoing chemotherapy
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Durangoscots good lab results

Tupper10’s son doing well after surgery

Luvteaching’s DH out of hospital and back in rehab facility

Aliaschief in Cancun until 2/14

6 days for Seasick Sailor (Koningsdam 2/18 to 3/25)

6 days for 57redbird (Koningsdam 2/18 to 3/25)
StLouisCruisers (Sky Princess to 2/18), ktbraun (Eurodam to 2/15), Cruzin Terri (Oceania Sirena to 2/19), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), Dobiemom (Norwegian Encore to 2/12), 0106 (Rotterdam to 2/15), Lindaler and Ottahand7 (Volendam to 3/18), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

• Like 26
  • Thanks 7

Good morning friends!  We just had breakfast and decided to head to Crown Grill lounge to see if any “knitters and knatters” people show up. I didn’t bring any cross stitching for such a short cruise but want to say hello and see what they are working on. Just my luck and no one will show up!

Thanks to all who make the Daily work each day!  Excellent lists!  

I have a photo for Graham of his section of the Fresh Marketplace or in other words Lido. He would be right at home gathering his English breakfast. 
65CC6B88-3D02-413F-BDF0-4EF986D81C38.thumb.jpeg.ff05e2957f41d904cfa652d612bf6c20.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn and @cat shepard.

Happy Birthday Abraham Lincoln. I collect pennies and somehow lost my most valuable one (BFF's DD DF had a big jar full and I want to go through them to see if I can find the one I'm missing). I've never had plum pudding. Funny quote. I like jambalaya, so I think I'd like today's meal. Pass on the meal and wine ($$$).

I've never been to Cobh-Cork, but it's a stop on my upcoming TA cruise, so I look forward to photos.

It's 27F and cloudy, but I think we're going up to the 40's. No big plans for me other than watching football later. Maybe a quick run to Aldi and I might bake some keto brownies. Dinner will be buffalo wings and salad.

@cat shepard Thanks for starting up the Fleet/Daily today.

@grapau27 Thank you for Fr. David's sermon.

@0106 Lovely sunrise.

@ottahand7 I'm enjoying reliving my cruise when looking at your photos. I hope you get the credit you deserve for all the trouble you had. I'm glad you're back in your home at sea.

@kazu I'm glad the driveway is de-iced, but sorry there's more snow. It's going to be unusually warm here, in the 50'sF next week.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for stopping by. I'd like that English breakfast! Have a great time on your cruise!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for all with something to Celebrate.

Take care everyone.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Good morning from a clear and cold central Texas.  

Cobh-Cork, Ireland, has been the port of the day twice, on November 14, 2022, and October 17, 2021.  Here are the links to Rich's @richwmn posts for today.  

This one looks a little different, but I checked and it will get you to the correct post.  

I'll be back a little later to read the Daily.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Smore Tini cocktail:

Ingredients
1 partDeKuyper® Creme De Cacao Dark Liqueur
1 part Pinnacle® Whipped® Vodka
1/2 part Heavy Cream
Graham Crackers
Chocolate
Marshmallow

Instructions
Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Shake and strain into a martini glass rimmed with crushed graham crackers and melted chocolate. Garnish with a toasted marshmallow.

Screenshot 2023-02-12 at 8.31.09 AM.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily, Ann for Paul for Sandi for Roy for Rich!!!  What a wonderful community we have here.  Happy angel birthday to Mr. Lincoln; I have a few pennies from our stops in FLL recently which will go to the grandsons, and I've never been a fan of plum pudding.  I know I'd like today's wine, but unless I win the lottery, won't be buying any.

@marshhawkhas been saying her computer is frequently wrong with the weather - well it seems ours must be related.  In the lower right hand corner was a blue thermometer with the words "temps plummet".  Right away I went to a website to check it out and we're going to have another day almost identical to yesterday.  Just goes to show you can't believe everything you read!

A quiet day in the offing today - might get to scrape a bit more of the ice off the driveway.  @kazuI'm glad you got your driveway cleaned, but feel bad that you're getting more snow.   We used up the last of the ice melt yesterday, so will see if that was enough, or we may have to run out and get more to finish it off.

@ottahand7I'm happy you're back "home", and just hope your asthma doesn't flare up from the residual moisture in the rug/walls.  I hope you can get a proper adjustment for the time spent out of your cabin.

I know I'd like today's menu suggestion, but I won't be cooking today; DH's daughter has invited us over for dinner and to watch the Superbowl.  Seriously, I only watch it for the advertisements, but it is family time, so . . .    I don't know what she's got on her menu, but she's a great cook, so I'm sure we'll have an enjoyable dinner around their table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for all who are in need, especially the families of the victims in Turkey and Syria, and for all in Ukraine.  We'll cheer loudly for those with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, everyone!

It is supposed to be a lovely day here with bright sunshine and temps in the mid to high 40's in mid-Michigan.  I had a wonderful evening last night.  I drove over to Mt. Pleasant and had dinner with a former student and her family.  Her parents were always the most supportive of me as the teacher and their kids.  Stacey's kids are absolutely adorable and the baby and I got along famously.   He's 9 months old and usually about that age they get wary of strangers, but Elliot came right to me and snuggled in.  

Jambalaya is a great dish, but too heavy on the rice for me these days.  I am making a batch of chicken wings for tonight.  I'm not really rooting for either team so it should make the game a fun one to watch.  I can cheer for every touchdown!  

According to this first jambalaya recipe, Creole cooks use tomatoes in theirs while Cajun cooks do not.  However, we are going to see a recipe from Emeril for a Cajun jambalaya that uses tomatoes.  Go figure!   This first one is Creole Jambalaya.  https://cafedelites.com/jambalaya/

1716113634_creolejambalaya1.thumb.jpg.c07a5691db0e8e98c0902fcd2be81e75.jpg

I want a big bowl of that right now!  

Among the many unique differences between the two, the most delicious and intriguing are those between their cuisine. Cajun and Creole food are both native to Louisiana and can be found in restaurants throughout New Orleans. One of the simplest differences between the two cuisine types is that Creole food typically uses tomatoes and tomato-based sauces while traditional Cajun food does not. However, the distinction runs much deeper into the history of New Orleans.

Over the decades, jambalaya has taken on a multitude of identities in South Louisiana. The classic New Orleans dish with shrimp and ham is among the “red” jambalayas, thanks to the presence of tomatoes in it. In many of the Cajun communities to the west of the city, “brown” jambalayas, with oysters, giblets and lusty country sausages, are more familiar.  https://www.neworleans-food.com/creole-jambalaya

1542379019_creolejambalaya2.jpg.2965e48889b1cdc7e35fd8adbb58a6c9.jpg

Creole food is cosmopolitan food, created in New Orleans with European, African and Native American roots. The French influence is strongest, but vestiges of Italian, Spanish, German, and even Caribbean can be found in some dishes. The essence of Creole is found in rich sauces, local herbs, red ripe tomatoes, and the prominent use of seafood, caught in local waters. It is associated with the old-line kitchens of New Orleans, where generations of traditions are carried on today. Think of rich, roux-based gumbo, shrimp creole, grits and grillades, redfish courtbouillon and more.

Cajun food is robust, rustic food, found along the bayous of Louisiana, a combination of French and Southern cuisines. It was brought to Louisiana from the French who migrated to the state from Nova Scotia 250 years ago and used foods, right from the land. Think of meals with lots of smoked meats as well as meat-heavy, one-pot dishes like jambalaya or the rice-filled, spicy pork sausage known as boudin. The backyard crawfish boil is also another byproduct of Cajun culture. Though delicious Cajun food can certainly be found in New Orleans, the true heart of Cajun country lies northwest of the city in areas like Breaux Bridge and Lafayette.

To read more go here:  https://www.neworleans.com/restaurants/where-to-eat/cajun-or-creole/

Here is Emeril's recipe for Cajun Jambalaya that you can use to compare with the first two.  https://www.emerils.com/121423/cajun-jambalaya

1290403325_cajunjambalaya1.jpg.8da4b6d9d6a2567cd1c09279e8bfc8c9.jpg

Wishing everyone a wonderful day and may your team win!   

• Like 22
  • Thanks 9

Good morning to all. It was fun to see pictures of @StLouisCruisers, Sandi and Dennis at their sail away yesterday. I would love to be at a sailaway on any ship going anywhere sometime soon.I will contain my envy!Thanks to everyone for the Daily. The recipes look so good but we already have a vegetarian chili in process for today.Most of us will  want to watch the game so we are serving buffet style at our usual dinner time.

I have not been to the port but Cork City was described to me often as a child. My grandmother left there at a young age and really missed it. Maybe someday.

It is cloudy and in the forties here with rain expected later. Nothing much planned which is a good thing.

@kochleffel, Paul, how are you feeling ? I am sorry you missed so much at the synagogue yesterday.

@JazzyV, Vanessa, I was sorry to read about. BFF’s uncle. Sometimes loved ones manage to “wait” for their family to get there and I hope that is possible and that he is comfortable.

Enjoy the day everyone

• Like 23

Good morning all. Another sunny day here just at the freezing mark. Lovely weather predicted until Wednesday when we expect rain but also 60f. Will probably break another record. @kazui keep trying to send this weather your way. Here’s hoping some of it reaches you soon.

ah the penny- gone here in Canada since 2013. If someone is hiding them in a jar, the bank will still take them but cash sales are rounded up or down. Credit card charges are exact. I don’t miss it. As a matter of fact I have decided that I will decline any Pennys from change in a U.S. transaction. I rolled the last bunch and had $8 worth from our 2020 trip to Florida. Left that with my DSIL in Virginia in November.

super bowl watch parry at DDs house this evening. I only watch for the commercials. Because we stream over the air and have access to the USA broadcasting here in Windsor we always get the good commercials. I just wish the game didn’t take so long. We will leave to get home for 9pm so I can watch “all creatures great and small” on pbs.

Prayers for those that need them and a celebratory shout out to those celebrating.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Good Sunday Morning Dailyites!  The computer says its raining now....duh.  It was so windy last night, that DH woke up and said "I hear a truck outside.". I said, " nope its the wind, and go back to sleep.  If there had been a truck, you wouldn't hear it"  I did hear hundreds of pine cones hitting the roof, but thank the Lord that it was the cones, and not the trees.

Due to lack of variety of meats the other night when we went shopping , instead of our Sunday dinner of steak tonight, we will have to celebrate the super bowl, with chili.  Short one job, maybe burger meat and beans seem more suitable now anyway.  We are not football fans, but love the ads, but on Sunday nights Britbox is loading one Vera from the new season, so we are more excited about that.

5c40d275706d0619685ba56502992b18.jpg

@grapau27Thank you for the last two weeks of food porn, and the Father David posts on Sundays.  Regardless of where ever you are, you have made my Sundays complete.

To all who post, like, thank or laugh, thank you!  And for everyone who stepped up recently to keep us covered...a BIG thanks.

b82d4b7c292ea5749205b0bf2e0ea35e.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1