Prime Rib back?

booklady26

11 hours ago, kidz_rn said:

Prime Rib and Filet are not optional?

Spaghetti at night? This is farcical!
    The guests all complained
    This is all quite insane

Do you think we are sailing on Carnival?

I don't know what their food is like recently but it was surprisingly good on Carnival the 2 times we sailed out of Norfolk, most recently 4 years ago. 

I saw a post on FB this week from a passenger on the Apex saying that they had prime rib one night and lobster another, that person also posted pictures of both.  My app now shows prime rib back on the menu the first night in the MDR for our June Equinox cruise.  This wasn't there in the past.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, webecruzin2 said:

I don't know what their food is like recently but it was surprisingly good on Carnival the 2 times we sailed out of Norfolk, most recently 4 years ago. 

You may not realize it, but the whole cruise industry has changed significantly since you cruised on CCL 4 years ago. Most of the changes have been post Covid lockdowns.

We just returned from our sailing on the Silhouette Feb 27 thru March 9. We didn't have prime rib on the menu but I noticed on my app yesterday it mentioned prime rib for the next 4 day  sailing. Do not believe the app. On the last sea day the app stated grilled New York steak for lunch in the main dining room. Walked past the posted menu outside the dining room and it was changed to Lamb Shank. Lobster was served on the chic night. Decent size. I don't eat seafood but I  ordered the lobster. My husband ate my lobster and I ordered an additional chicken entree. No problem. He said the lobster was good.

On the timeless menu on the app for the next sailing it is listed as New York steak. I think it was listed as grilled steak. Not sure if they are still using the same cut and renaming it on the menu. They have renamed Pork and Beans to Pork Loin (same dish). There was a lot of inexpensive types of meat served.  Overall the food was good. Definitely different than we have had in the past. Ocean View buffet in the evening is as portrayed. Very few choices. There are different ways they could save money. The evening buffet shouldn't be one of them.

Their employees are stretched thin. Our assistant waiter in the main dining room was sometimes late because he was helping in the buffet. They need to hire more staff. 

I'm glad that I had a heads up by reading CC about the cutbacks. Otherwise it would've been a shocking discovery. 

Overall we had a great cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I saw a post on FB this week from a passenger on the Apex saying that they had prime rib one night and lobster another, that person also posted pictures of both.  My app now shows prime rib back on the menu the first night in the MDR for our June Equinox cruise.  This wasn't there in the past.

I just checked our April 15 on Apex and all they are currently MDR is showing is Veterinarian and Children's Menu Only.     They do have Spaghetti on the Kid's Menu.

Interesting as Luminae and Blu are showing menus for the entire cruise.

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Veterinarian

What??? Is your cruise a special cruise for Veterinarians? just pulling your leg Jim, must be an autocorrection 😁

Edited by terrydtx
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

OK, I retract my post based on your post. Where's the beef. 😁

On the Reflection last year my poor sister ordered an entree that had impossible meat balls and gave her the Mexican Quick Step.🤢 It was listed on the menu as Vegetarian. 

• Haha 4

I’m on Reflection now.  No prime rib (and we’re on the next to last night.)  Lobster is on the app for tonight’s second Evening Chic night.  I’ve been on Equinox also this year and no prime rib on an 8 night sailing and no children’s filet either.  Not on the app and denied if asked.

• Thanks 1

Since several people have mentioned Prime Rib on the menu after April 1st, I hope this means that X has responded to the myriad of complaints and returned to their pre-January 2023 food service.  Hopefully, they will also go back to a decent menu selection. 

7 hours ago, terrydtx said:

What??? Is your cruise a special cruise for Veterinarians? just pulling your leg Jim, must be an autocorrection 😁

LOL....   I hate spell check.   

OK no Veterinarians either.  

I do have to say I love the Prime Rib and would normally order it over the Filet in Lumina.   When you are on a longer set of cruises we do have a tendency to mix things up when on a M or S Class ship.