The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday March 24th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

41 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

@ger_77 Excellent that your DH was honored for all he has given. Congratulations to you both 🎉 🎆🍾

@bennybear Again, so very glad you had a positive outcome. And good to hear you had excellent medical assessment close by and utilized it. 
My comments were more to spread the word that help is nearer than many might be aware. m—

I think it’s wonderful how we can all share information that may help any of us in the future.   Makes this a wonderful,place, love what I learn here,   Today loved the snoring bears @kochleffel

• Like 16

We had a very relaxing morning and afternoon by the Seaview pool with @Nickelpenny and a few other cruisers. Lunch at Dine Inn, very good burger and fries. 

Temperature was perfect 79 degrees with slight breeze. 

We are having dinner at Canaletto's this evening, then the start of the dreaded packing.

We are doing self embarkation, so we don't have to put our luggage out.

PS I do have a bunch of photos to share during the coming days after I download them from my camera. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and weekend.  😀

20230324_120738.jpg

20230324_120829.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, dfish said:

The problem is those misbehaving parathyroid glands are far more than annoying.  When one thing in the body goes off kilter, others tend to follow.  The condition can weaken bones, cause muscle and joint pain, damage kidneys, interfere with brain function, and on occasion, mess with your heart.  She doesn't want to play around with this.  The surgery is really an easy one.  I was tired yesterday but today I've been to the grocery store, been to the gardens, visited the butterflies, and I'm getting ready to make dinner and host a dinner party.  

The antacids did the trick last night and I have been fine today.   Ready to take on the world!!

Thanks Debbie, I'm going to copy and paste your post and send it to her.  I don't think she has ever had any surgery of any kind, and the thought scares her.  She has an appointment to talk to the surgeon, but I'm sure your comments here will be the biggest help.

Again, so glad you're doing well!

• Like 19

32 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

We had a very relaxing morning and afternoon by the Seaview pool with @Nickelpenny and a few other cruisers. Lunch at Dine Inn, very good burger and fries. 

We are having dinner at Canaletto's this evening, then the start of the dreaded packing.

PS I do have a bunch of photos to share during the coming days after I download them from my camera. 

20230324_120738.jpg

20230324_120829.jpg

Thanks for sharing your cruise with us. Enjoy the Penthouse one more evening and safe travels home.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good morning  (for us) from Down Under!

First, our sunrise a few minutes ago from Adelaide...

20230325_072915.thumb.jpg.1e6c22caea550f37058f9d38206f331f.jpg

Yesterday we were in Port Lincoln, and a good personal tour with a friend.  Our favorite parts were seeing kangaroos in a field near a hotel and pub, and then 3 emus wandering on someone's lawn! Today we're hoping for koalas!!!

20230324_120722.thumb.jpg.d2facf3b51868632d0df5c899d4cddd4.jpg20230324_113313.thumb.jpg.c5b628812714edf8fbb14283a9d9a008.jpg

The cruise has been amazing. I don't think Princess does as good a job with food, especially in the buffet. We've got a long way to go still!

Hope everyone has a good day, with healing thoughts to those needing them.

Laura

• Like 20

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

@marshhawk  we saw what really looked like an angel, but were not able to capture it.  The lights change so quickly,  but I saw a number of photos from last night that looked like angels,  so I prefer to believe that these heavenly beings are looking out for us.  It is a very moving experience. 

Not my photo,  see credits in picture 

image.thumb.jpeg.79fe4a6420fdef5148ca174c3c13864d.jpeg

What an awesome photo.

They do look like angels and heavenly bodies.

Pauline is psychic and has seen several mediums and things were said that would be impossible for someone else to know.

Last August when we were staying in a hotel after being to Highclere castle (Downton abbey) at 5am a woman's voice woke me up saying Hello in my right ear.

At the same time Pauline woke up and said a woman's voice said hello to her in her left ear and was amazed when I said the same thing happened to me. 

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 17

Good afternoon from sunny and breezy central Texas.  The predicted high did not materialize, and neither did the thunderstorms.  It's a comfortable 75F.  However,  with the sun, but the time I finished my walk, I was hot.

The new washer did a good job, and I only had to to three loads instead of the usual five with the old, smaller washer.  The old dryer, while small than a new one would be, was still big enough to handle the larger loads.  The washer takes a little longer per load, but it's not a big difference.

5 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks to everyone!  Especially the memes! 
@kazu love the coloured garden soil!
@aliaschief your memes are wonderful!  almost thought I recognized someone yesterday! I wish your take out was better!

@kochleffel I live the cartoon, makes me think of robins! 

Glad to hear of the successful surgeries, Debbie and mamaofami.   
@superomaappreciate seeing that menu,  that dessert looks amazing!  And Alberta beef. 
@grapau27 you might want to consider a refresher during course for your DW.   When I got my last new car they offered a defensive driving private lesson, which I took.  The instructor said it was very important for women to drive regularly because you never know what lies ahead and it is a skill you can get rusty at.  And I learned some new things.  Please and I mean this in the kindest way, if you have further heart symptoms do not drive yourself,   It is much too dangerous for yourself and others.  

Last year I found myself in a situation where DH had to go to the hospital in the night when we were at our rural lake campground.  It was a several hour round trip in the dark on unfamiliar roads, driving his huge 3/4 ton diesel 4x4 truck.   But I was familiar enough that I could do it without too much trepidation.  And we had a great outcome. 

Last evening we were fortunate to see some lovely aurora very nearby.  

C8181DB2-5084-4B38-BEFD-E9ED05182D5A.jpeg

E585804E-4530-48C2-8786-CCCC8C1AF68A.jpeg

C286B09F-C02E-4491-B717-CD0D0DA48391.jpeg

E4761A08-6A4B-4623-A439-D541D695591C.jpeg

F308AF63-51A7-425E-84FB-A42C8A934AB2.jpeg

36C1DE23-32BA-4DA8-8462-8F790B443299.jpeg

Brenda, thank you for the fantastic pictures of the aurora.  We saw the northern lights in North Pole, Alaska, once, but they were not a spectacular as these.  

6 hours ago, kochleffel said:

No cheesesteak for me. Chocolate-covered raisins are OK but would be better without the raisins. As for cocktails, it depends--some are wastes of good liquor.

Definitely in favor of nonsense although there is too much of it masquerading as sense. Vegetarian enchiladas might be OK if you can find good vegetarians to make them from. No on the cocktail, yes on the wine. I haven't been to Tanzania.

With pharmaceutical help, I slept better last night, but I'm still tired. I need to shop at Wegmans but preferably not on a Friday, so may choose to make do with Aldi today. I also need to pick up some cardboardeaux. Dinner will probably be ratatouille with tofu, because the zucchini won't keep long. I also need to do something with the largest romanesco I've ever seen.

Animal news, about escape artists:

--A zebra that escaped in Seoul has been captured. https://apnews.com/article/zebra-escape-zoo-south-korea-9af961eeca1a232fd4086ba648c2a052

--A multiple-escape bear in St. Louis is being moved to a maximum-security compound in Texas. https://apnews.com/article/bear-escape-zoo-missouri-15d5a7252a58b2abb4f2ac9094ccb772

one-hitwonder.thumb.gif.77f8687114c837a2f7210da818663848.gif

Paul, I'm glad you slept better las tnight.

4 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Winter just doesn't want to let go here.  "Frozen mix" forecast in the next several days, even though our daytime temperatures won't be very low (up to high 50's but down in the 30's at night).  Come on spring!

I've never had Cheesesteak, but it does look tasty in a comfort food kind of way.  I wouldn't turn down chocolate covered raisins, but would choose chocolate covered peanuts over raisins if given the choice.  There are some cocktails I like, but I'm more of a wine gal.  Will pass on the wine and drink, and "maybe" on the meal. Enchiladas aren't my favorite Mexican food.  Have not been to the port.

Jumping in on the driving discussion from yesterday -- I have no problem at all driving or putting gas in the car, but I will not parallel park and am terrible at backing up!  I can't back up straight to save my life.  I think my depth perception isn't good, so if DH's car is already in the garage I won't drive into or out of the garage (no problem if his car isn't there). It's a tight squeeze with both cars in there.  I don't know how he does it.  He backs his car in and my car goes in frontwards.  The family got me a backup camera for my car, they all know how bad I am at it. 😉  Also I agree with others who hate all the little warning sounds if another car gets within a few feet from you.  Thank goodness my car is older and doesn't have that -- but DH's car does and I hate it. Very annoying and Big Brother. 😂

Debbie @dfishI'm SO glad your surgery was successful and your levels are normal now.  I'm sorry about the acid reflux but glad you had antacids on hand. Hopefully it lasted only one night.  My BFF has been advised to have the same surgery and she's balking at it -- I'll tell her how well you're doing.  Have fun today!

Carol @mamaofamiI'm sorry about the LONG delay for your cataract surgery yesterday. I probably would have told them to reschedule it -- I'm not patient about those things.   I'm puzzled -- when DH had his, he didn't have to fast and wasn't told not to bend over longer.  Interesting how things are done differently by different doctors.

Linda @lindalerThat's terrible about your luggage!  We've used luggage direct (forwarding) before and had no problem.  I wonder if they have different people handling it now.

Welcome @cruzngal!

Brenda @bennybearThank you for the awesome aurora photos!

Carolyn, I also do not have a problem driving, which is a good thing with all the driving I did last fall between home and Waco.  Backing up is not my favorite move with a car, but I can do it.  The only thing I failed on the test to get my license was parallel parking.  I learned to parallel park, but it's been years since I had to do it.

4 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily! Cheesesteaks aren't very common around here; I'm not sure where I'd get one.  I don't mind chocolate covered raisins, but prefer them without the raisins.  Did someone say cocktails?

A little late to the party today - for a good reason.  We were up at the crack of dark this morning (well, 6:30) because we had a something very important on the agenda.  This morning DH was honoured with the receiving of the Queen's Platinum Jubilee Medal for his lifetime contributions in education at both the elementary and university levels, and for his work in creating the Riverlands Heritage Region promoting tourism in our province.  The medal was presented by Saskatchewan's Lieutenant Governor, and was certainly memorable.  There was a brief coffee reception after, and now we're home.  Here's a picture of DH (on the right) with our LG, the Honourable Russ Merasty.

QueensPlatinumJubileeCeremony.JPG.e6dad16e7f4c455f415374d41e6ddb82.JPG

Now that we're back to being ourselves, I asked DH what he wanted for lunch - his reply was "Let's go to McDonalds."  LOL  Like me, he's a cheap date.  

Not a lot happening for the afternoon, just working on deconstructing another afghan for the yarn, and working on the latest blanket.  I'd like to try today's menu selection, but I'm pretty sure DH wouldn't enjoy them, so will give it a pass.  It's Friday night pizza night at our house and because it was a special day, I'll let DH choose what will we'll enjoy at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for all who are in need, cheers to everyone with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, congratulations to your DH on receiving the Queen's Platinum Jubilee Medal for all his work in education and the work on promoting tourism.  

3 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

“ Last year I found myself in a situation where DH had to go to the hospital in the night when we were at our rural lake campground.  It was a several hour round trip in the dark on unfamiliar roads, driving his huge 3/4 ton diesel 4x4 truck.   But I was familiar enough that I could do it without too much trepidation.  And we had a great outcome. “

I read these words from  @bennybear with a heavy “Oh my!”  So glad there was a positive outcome!  BUT…. 

My rural 911 response area was a National Recreation Area; it included several campgrounds, a State Lake Park, a National Preserve and a National Monument park plus 40 miles of National Forest. Please call 911. Please get the trained medics to help your loved one and you. Campground hosts had radios where there was no cell phone signal. We can support the patient during the transport - our transport times were long, usually about 90 minutes to hospital and patients didn’t always stay stable. We could call for additional resources, even a helicopter if warranted. A family member can’t drive and attend to a potentially degrading patient status. There is always a team of responders that can be dispatched by radio pagers, day and night, even where no cell phones work. Responders are imbedded (we live) in the rural communities and can arrive quite quickly. With an ambulance, assessment equipment, ECG, oxygen, meds, more people than you could imagine who jumped out of bed to help, and a ton of other support. Plus responders have communication with physicians. Responders have state licensure and constant training, meet the same requirements as paid responders. And as volunteers, we charged zero fees- Your tax dollars at work!  (Ambulances and helicopters we intercepted with en route had their own fees.). A family member might come with, or drive behind. We’ve helped with dogs left at campsites, grandkids who needed attending, and left-behind camping gear!  I’m sure Canada and England (999) do likewise. PLEASE make the call!  Do not attempnti drive a loved one in jeopardy. And do not try to drive yourself!  

OFF the soapbox!  
Everybody stay safe and well!  🚑

Maureen. 

Maureen, thanks for reminding us what we should do in an emergency situation.  We have a very good EMS system in our county, and they were a big help last year in getting DH into and out of the car.

2 hours ago, lindaler said:

it was not just the wheels. When something grabbed the wheel, it tore out the side of the suitcase. And these were both purchased while I was on the cruise so brand new. 

B92C389E-11A9-409A-8108-F846241EF77A.jpeg

4ABBAE2B-5D02-43B2-900D-0CC295F51361.jpeg

Wow, Linda, they really did a job on those suitcases.  I hope HAL, luggage forwarding or travel insurance can help pay for new luggage.

1 hour ago, dfish said:

The problem is those misbehaving parathyroid glands are far more than annoying.  When one thing in the body goes off kilter, others tend to follow.  The condition can weaken bones, cause muscle and joint pain, damage kidneys, interfere with brain function, and on occasion, mess with your heart.  She doesn't want to play around with this.  The surgery is really an easy one.  I was tired yesterday but today I've been to the grocery store, been to the gardens, visited the butterflies, and I'm getting ready to make dinner and host a dinner party.  

The antacids did the trick last night and I have been fine today.   Ready to take on the world!!

Debbie, I'm very happy you are back to normal in more ways that one.  

58 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

20230324_120738.jpg

20230324_120829.jpg

Thank you for your pictures.  We're looking forward to seeing more.  Enjoy your dinner in Canaletto and your last evening on NS.  Safe travels home tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, kplady said:

Good morning  (for us) from Down Under!

First, our sunrise a few minutes ago from Adelaide...

20230325_072915.thumb.jpg.1e6c22caea550f37058f9d38206f331f.jpg

Yesterday we were in Port Lincoln, and a good personal tour with a friend.  Our favorite parts were seeing kangaroos in a field near a hotel and pub, and then 3 emus wandering on someone's lawn! Today we're hoping for koalas!!!

20230324_120722.thumb.jpg.d2facf3b51868632d0df5c899d4cddd4.jpg20230324_113313.thumb.jpg.c5b628812714edf8fbb14283a9d9a008.jpg

The cruise has been amazing. I don't think Princess does as good a job with food, especially in the buffet. We've got a long way to go still!

Hope everyone has a good day, with healing thoughts to those needing them.

Laura

Laura, thanks for the pictures.  I'm glad you are enjoying your cruise, and seeing  a friend.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Happy Friday!  I'll take a cocktail and the chocolate covered raisins.  Candied raisins are also yummy!  The bloody Maria also sounds good.  We have leftover chicken enchiladas for supper tonight.  

More snow in our forecast again.  Hopefully this will be the last for us!  The northern lights were also seen here last night, I missed it, but saw lots of photos on the news this morning.  Sounds like the world cruisers had an exciting day today, I've been reading several of their blogs and threads here on CC.  

Cooper says "Thank you, woof-woof" for the birthday wishes yesterday!  Have a great weekend!  Karen

• Like 17

32 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Carolyn, I also do not have a problem driving, which is a good thing with all the driving I did last fall between home and Waco.  Backing up is not my favorite move with a car, but I can do it.  The only thing I failed on the test to get my license was parallel parking.  I learned to parallel park, but it's been years since I had to do it.

I've also had to do a lot of driving between work and visiting family and friends north and south of us.

I still can't believe I passed the parallel parking part of the test.  I'm sure I wouldn't be able to now!

• Like 14

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@Cruzin TerriI hate taking my metformin, but what does Prednisone do to you long term?  If it's the option to relieve pain, and the only one, what are the long term effects that you don't want?  I'm just curious, I know what my pills are supposed to do, but I really dont help them with a terrible diet.

Prednisone and other steroids have short-term and long-term side effects, usually related to the dose, which is why they try to taper the dose down and find something else to use in it's place, or use low doses as maintenance if you can't come off it.

Short term it can cause fluid retention, elevated blood pressure, mood changes, increased appetite, or upset the stomach. Long term there can be weight gain, round face (moon face), faster development of cataracts (I had that from both oral steroids and the steroid drops I use), elevated blood sugar even in people without diabetes, osteoporosis, increased infections, thin skin, easy brusing (had that too), slow healing of wounds.

So a mixed blessing in that they can control things like inflammation great, but bad long term if the dose has to stay high.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

I’m not good at backing up. Really not good!  …

To get my Emergency Vehicle Operator Certification I had to parallel park a fire truck, like next to a hydrant. The examiner checked how I did and told me that I was about 5 feet away. I said, “Good! I didn’t hit it!  I think the hose will reach!”  He passed me with a “Needs Practice” note. Where we operated in the rural area, there was no parallel parking ever needed, mostly we were on dirt roads. 🚒

My new car has a backup camera, my best friend!  I love it!  DH is thrilled too!  I’m sure our insurance company is happy too. 

I wish I’d had a back up camera when we traveled with our 5th wheel trailer and pickup RV combination. DH tried hard to teach me to back it up but he wisely decided it was either:  get me to learn to back it up, or stay married. I drove it many thousands of miles, anywhere, any conditions, but forward only!  

Maureen 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Wow @bennybear!

Now I noticed something in your first picture. If you look to the left, it appears to be a fist about to slam down on the earth, and if you look in the middle, I see a face with thick wavy hair...and he looks miffed.  Do you suppose this might be the hand of God, saying to earth, I'll slap you silly if you don't behave?  Kind of like He is flying over us...maybe my imagination is too vivid....or I really want something like that to happen....

C8181DB2-5084-4B38-BEFD-E9ED05182D5A.jpeg

The best laid plans of mice and men were not fulfilled today, as the weather is perfect, and DH decided it was a good day to tear apart the entire dash on my 2001 jeep because it hasn't started in over 2 months. After he had his fall, and lost his vision in one eye, I have been driving the newer jeep,  (His)  Newer cars are more smooshy when you run into something, and after he took my red jeep off on a "short" journey he managed to tear off the passenger side window, dent the front right side door, back up and dent the rear door.....so I just traded with him, when he was not in the correct state of mind to know better. So no piano concerto, no walk in the woods, and I basically have the afternoon alone.  Still nice, not working...

@mamaofamiSorry you had to wait so long for your surgery yesterday.  Imagine the poor sot, who was scheduled two people after you.  And the poor doc. What a long day he must have had.

@Cruzin TerriI hate taking my metformin, but what does Prednisone do to you long term?  If it's the option to relieve pain, and the only one, what are the long term effects that you don't want?  I'm just curious, I know what my pills are supposed to do, but I really dont help them with a terrible diet.

I scheduled my PET scan for April 6 early morning.  I told the young lady that was doing the scheduling that since I cant eat or drink for 6 hours before, I might as well get it done early, Making me starve is not a good thing.  We got done with the scheduling, and she told me what to expect, and asked if I had any questions.  Well yes, I said, you didn't ask me if I was claustrophobic.  She asked -do you have a fear of being claustrophobic?  To which I replied, there is no fear involved, I am claustrophobic.  She said they would not use a machine that would totally enclose me.  Yay.

Ok, I love philly cheesesteak with some Heinz 57, grilled onions and peppers. and good cheese.

I will eat chocolate covered raisins, but not in a movie theatre...I wont eat things that go squish in the dark...

@kochleffelRaisins are wine's grand parents.

Now, you know I don't drink anymore, but that drink today looked fascinating, booze and a salad....

Annie - ironically, I had my first (and hopefully last) PET scan yesterday. Being somewhat claustrophobic, I was slightly nervous, but I must say compared to an MRI, it was a breeze.  The machine is much wider and not nearly as long as an MRI.  They pretty much moved me through it feet first one time, then I just had to lay still for 25 minutes (which was easy since they kind of restrained my hands and feet). No noise at all.  Hopefully yours will be the same and you get the same good results I received this morning 🤞

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@Kurtybee123Thank you for the information.  Did you have the test done with the isotopic  (?) shot?  I dont do well with needles, And I'm hoping I don't get sick from the shot.

Annie - I started in a prep room with an IV while lying flat and they put the radioactive glucose in the IV.  Once that was complete, they pulled the IV and I had to remain flat for about an hour while it worked it’s way through my body.  It has no sensation like the contrast dye for an MRI.  They actually turned the lights off in the room and I grabbed a quick nap.  Then we went to the scan room and I was done 30 minutes later.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

I’m not good at backing up. Really not good!  …

To get my Emergency Vehicle Operator Certification I had to parallel park a fire truck, like next to a hydrant. The examiner checked how I did and told me that I was about 5 feet away. I said, “Good! I didn’t hit it!  I think the hose will reach!”  He passed me with a “Needs Practice” note. Where we operated in the rural area, there was no parallel parking ever needed, mostly we were on dirt roads. 🚒

My new car has a backup camera, my best friend!  I love it!  DH is thrilled too!  I’m sure our insurance company is happy too. 

I wish I’d had a back up camera when we traveled with our 5th wheel trailer and pickup RV combination. DH tried hard to teach me to back it up but he wisely decided it was either:  get me to learn to back it up, or stay married. I drove it many thousands of miles, anywhere, any conditions, but forward only!  

Maureen 

I’m impressed that you drove the truck and fifth wheel.  I was ok with a truck and camper and motor home.  but not the fifth wheel. Hats off! 

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@Kurtybee123 Thank you for the information, and I am very happy you got good (and happy) results.

Thanks Annie!  Luckily, I have very few medical issues, but when I do, I always manage to stump my Dr’s.  This has been a very long process to get to this point (first surgery was last August for what we thought was a herniated muscle in my lower back).  2 more surgeries (all out patient) later and turns out I have a squamous cell skin cancer that never surfaced and is/was in the muscle.  PET yesterday showed a miniscule amount left that they probably couldn’t locate with surgery, so probably a few rounds of radiation in my future to be safe.  If I’ve learned anything, you have to be diligent if you just know something is not feeling right.  Hopefully your results will be good as well, but rest easy that the actual scan is nothing to worry about.  Focus on your healing and recovery instead! 

• Like 11

9 hours ago, marshhawk said:

ruzin TerriI hate taking my metformin, but what does Prednisone do to you long term?  If it's the option to relieve pain, and the only one, what are the long term effects that you don't want?  I'm just curious, I know what my pills are supposed to do, but I really dont help them with a terrible diet.

Lots of side effects, decreases bone density, weight gain, increase blood pressure and blood sugar to name a few.  Causes insomnia.  can’t think of all of them, but it does reduce inflammation.  We are trying to keep the dosage as low as possible.

Sorry to take so long to answer.

Terri

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Normally, we don't watch college basketball, even the March Madness.  However, I just watched the Xavier v Texas game.  It was a good game, especially since Texas led all the way.  They are now part of the Elite Eight, and they will play Miami next.

6 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I've also had to do a lot of driving between work and visiting family and friends north and south of us.

I still can't believe I passed the parallel parking part of the test.  I'm sure I wouldn't be able to now!

Even though I failed the parallel parking part of the test, I got where I could parallel park fairly decently.  Now days, I don't see many places where there is parallel parking.  Thank goodness.

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

I’m impressed that you drove the truck and fifth wheel.  I was ok with a truck and camper and motor home.  but not the fifth wheel. Hats off! 

Over the years, I've driven three of our motohomes, but I was really only comfortable driving our 25 foot class A.  I wouldn’t even think about driving our 40 foot diesel pusher.  Fortunately, DH loved to drive it.  In recent years with the increased traffic and the roads getting so crowded, it has taken some of the fun of driving away.

54 minutes ago, Kurtybee123 said:

Thanks Annie!  Luckily, I have very few medical issues, but when I do, I always manage to stump my Dr’s.  This has been a very long process to get to this point (first surgery was last August for what we thought was a herniated muscle in my lower back).  2 more surgeries (all out patient) later and turns out I have a squamous cell skin cancer that never surfaced and is/was in the muscle.  PET yesterday showed a miniscule amount left that they probably couldn’t locate with surgery, so probably a few rounds of radiation in my future to be safe.  If I’ve learned anything, you have to be diligent if you just know something is not feeling right.  Hopefully your results will be good as well, but rest easy that the actual scan is nothing to worry about.  Focus on your healing and recovery instead! 

I'm sorry you may have to have radiation to get rid of the last remaining bit of skin cancer.  It seems our medical issues aren't always straightforward either, and we don't do things the easy way.  We weren't sure what to think last summer when the nurse practioner at two appointments thanked DH for being her most interesting patient of the day.

Lenda

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Normally, we don't watch college basketball, even the March Madness.  However, I just watched the Xavier v Texas game.  It was a good game, especially since Texas led all the way.  They are now part of the Elite Eight, and they will play Miami next.

Even though I failed the parallel parking part of the test, I got where I could parallel park fairly decently.  Now days, I don't see many places where there is parallel parking.  Thank goodness.

Over the years, I've driven three of our motohomes, but I was really only comfortable driving our 25 foot class A.  I wouldn’t even think about driving our 40 foot diesel pusher.  Fortunately, DH loved to drive it.  In recent years with the increased traffic and the roads getting so crowded, it has taken some of the fun of driving away.

I'm sorry you may have to have radiation to get rid of the last remaining bit of skin cancer.  It seems our medical issues aren't always straightforward either, and we don't do things the easy way.  We weren't sure what to think last summer when the nurse practioner at two appointments thanked DH for being her most interesting patient of the day.

Lenda

Ha - sounds familiar.  I was actually included in case studies and medical journals when both of my lungs collapsed within a few days of each other my sophomore year of college.  I got to spend a fun-filled month at the old Brackenridge hospital in Austin.  That, plus one other strange issue and my current case pretty much fills up my medical file 🤷‍♂️.  And Hook ‘em on the big win tonight! 🤘🐂🤘

• Like 7

Am very late today, so a brief post.

This afternoon we were invited to  afternoon tea, including a taste of a Diamond Wedding cake, saw the card of congratulations from King Charles and Queen Camilla.

@bennybear  beautiful photos of the Aurora, thank you.

@ger_77  Warmest Congratulations to you and your DH on recieving the Queens Platinum Jubilee Medal.  

@grapau27  Graham, we were horrified that you drove your self to hospital while having chest pain.  Is the hospital near to your home?  How long was the journey?  Is there no Ambulance service in your town?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, erewhon said:

Am very late today, so a brief post.

This afternoon we were invited to  afternoon tea, including a taste of a Diamond Wedding cake, saw the card of congratulations from King Charles and Queen Camilla.

@bennybear  beautiful photos of the Aurora, thank you.

@ger_77  Warmest Congratulations to you and your DH on recieving the Queens Platinum Jubilee Medal.  

@grapau27  Graham, we were horrified that you drove your self to hospital while having chest pain.  Is the hospital near to your home?  How long was the journey?  Is there no Ambulance service in your town?

I had previously seen my doctor with costo chrondritus pain and I felt okay and had took 3 full strength Aspirin but Pauline insisted so I drove the 3 miles to my doctor's surgery which is attached to our city hospital.

I parked and went in to my doctor's and when I mentioned the unusual pain  told me to go to ER a short walk away for ECG as there was no nurse available at the surgery to do an ECG.

All of my tests (ECG, physical check)were good and the consultant said I was fine but when Pauline mentioned my mam's dad died of a heart attack aged 53 the consultant decided as a precaution to wait for the  blood test result and it was the blood test that showed heart enzymes which was the heart attack marker and I was rushed to cardiac care.

I had 1 cardiac stent fitted 2 days later during an angioplasty procedure and the surgeon said there appeared to be no heart damage probably due to taking the high dose aspirin and early diagnosis.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5