The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday April 7th, 2023

Good morning. The predicted storms never appeared last night but it is a lot cooler.It will only get up to 50 today.

My DS has beavers near his home and I marveled at their intricate lodge when we hiked to a nearby farm. They are very busy animals and the swamp increases in size accordingly.

My parents were fond of Manhattans. I can still remember the look on DH’s face when he watched my father mix up,a very large pitcher of them for guests. There were only five guests and I no longer drank by then…..

Sword fish is my favorite although it can be pricey. I like the first option with oregano and tomatoes. I will save the recipe for another day as we are making bean and cheese enchiladas tonight.

We have been to the port and went to see the Bay of Fundy. I also remember a market that was right near the ship. We had rain both times we went there.

@Cruising-along, I am so sorry you both have Covid and hope the Paxlovid  helps. The fatigue is hard to get rid of even when the worst is over.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Good morning all!  Couldn’t see the moonrise here last night, clouds and rain, so thanks for the moonrise pics!  Grew up on Manhattans!  It’ll be salmon or crabcakes tonight not swordfish but they look great Debbie!  

Have only driven through St John NB. I remember being very relieved that the toll taker accepted my US dollar at the bridge because we hadn’t stopped since crossing the border. Canadians are so nice!  Oh 🇨🇦 I often wish I were born there!  

@RedneckBob great to see your imagination gracing us today. Wishing you a better day today.  Our NM mountain home was on Beaver Trail. DH saw a beaver up there once, I never did, maybe it was lost, too far from the creek.  But there were beaver ponds below us (like 4 miles and 800 feet below us) all along the creek. They made dams to deepen the ponds to store their wood for winter food (Aspen logs) and build their lodges for protection. Their ponds were excellent for trout fishing. 

Graham @grapau27 beautiful “painting” e-card. Thanks for bring it to us. Wish I could share it but it doesn’t seem to copy. But I have shared the Beer Day explanation 🍺 with friends who’ll appreciate it. 

@kochleffel Thanks for sharing your unusual Seder experience. Nice you could bring your own wine to take the edge off some of the rest of it. A church in my deeper history back when I lived in Albuquerque always had a Seder on Tuesday of Holy Week. It was a great event that I have missed having in my life the last few decades. My journey goes on in new paths. 

Blessings to all in need of healing, comfort or hope. 

Happy celebrations to all those amidst sacred days. 

Cheers to all celebrating life’s milestones 🍾 Life is Good!  You remind us of this on our tougher days!  

Smooth travels to those away from home, and smooth seas to all the cruisers. Enjoy it all.

Hoping we hear @cruisin sister made it home, or will soon 🙏

GO REN 🥅!  

Maureen 

Thanks RML

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, travelnap said:

Perhaps you were too busy celebrating National Beer day after you finished up those income taxes with the big refund this year.

Ha Ha! Don’t drink beer very often but could have been Crown Royal.

• Like 8
  • Haha 7

Good morning from another cloudy and windy day in central Texas.  It is currently 52F and our predicted high will only be 55F.  The rain chances for today seen to have decreased.  That's typical Texas weather, especially in the spring.

We like popcorn, but I'm not a fan of caramel popcorn, or really anything caramel.  On the other hand,  I'll take popcorn with chocolate drizzled on it.  Beavers are an important part of the earth's ecology.  Several times when we drove to Alaska, we stopped at an abandoned provincial park just north of Summit Lake in BC.  There are several beaver dams, and one large one in particular.  Our dachshunds would get on the dam since they could smell the beavers.  The larger one even jumped in the fast flowing creek to try to find the beaver.  Fortunately, she was on a leash and DH could pull her back to safety.  Maybe they confused the beavers with badgers.  🤣  I used to enjoy a cold beer in the summer or with certain foods, until a certain medication was changed.  Now, beer doesn't agree with me.  Happily, wine and I still get along very well.  😁

Another interesting quote today, that I'll have to think about.

Swordfish is one of the fish varieties I like, but when they were found to contain high levels of mercury, we stopped eating swordfish.  The recipes look good, but I'd definitely leave off the cooked tomatoes.  They're my version of Debbie's @dfish carrots.  😉  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, sending good thoughts that Ren's new team wins today.  I just checked the Dallas weather, and it's not supposed to rain today.  It will be cloudy and in the mid 50s though.

@seagarsmoker  Thank you for more pictures from your cruise. 

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope this next round of tests show better than expected results.

@Crazy For Cats  The look on the cat's face reminded me of Ralphie in A Christmas Story.

@grapau27  Graham, thank you for the Easter card.  It is lovely.

@cat shepard  Ann, the moonrise picture is beautiful.

@Cruisercl  Caron, I enjoyed learning about your Polish Easter traditions.

@kochleffel  Paul, an interesting story about the second night Seder.

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 6

Today's sunrise is from my 2014 MS Amsterdam voyage returning to Fort Lauderdale after disembarking Crystal Serenity in Cape Town.  April 7 was a sea day from Walvis Bay to St. Helena:

dawn0407.jpg

Roy

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

We visited Saint John, NB, on October 5 and October 17, 2004, on b2bs from NYC on the old Regal Princess.  

I didn't take too many pictures, but I did find a few.  Our first visit, we toured the town, and the second visit we rented a car and drove east along the coast of the Bay of Fundy.

These are some pictures from our day in Saint John. 

This is the Founding of New Brunswick Cross Monument in King's Square.

IMG_3744.thumb.JPG.f386b9fe2963a7b01e654645b0f2dc6d.JPG

St. John's Anglican Church, which is often referred  to as the stone church, built in 1823-26.

IMG_3745.thumb.JPG.d55280c908a0f39effc0423f3e3cc6f4.JPG

IMG_3747.JPG

IMG_3756.thumb.JPG.2c01270c54c6306db715695058fb9af4.JPG

These are from our drive east of town.

IMG_3904.thumb.JPG.0f6417c1b2fa54e6ca31252eb7693086.JPG

IMG_3905.thumb.JPG.f3443172a864f203b48ff4b2d4d0c858.JPG

IMG_3906.thumb.JPG.81417a129a5d55af60fc424294eb595a.JPG

The remainder of the pictures are of the reversing river taken both days we were in Saint John.  It was going out the first day and coming in the second.  The ones from October  5.

IMG_3751.thumb.JPG.46db37bfa31308951ebaa0c667df105d.JPG

IMG_3754.thumb.JPG.b578ce75cce500668e6ed6a1dab4af52.JPG

From October 17 when the weather was not nearly as good.

IMG_3897.thumb.JPG.8876e3446b2a1575d50383cd2f093ac0.JPG

IMG_3902.thumb.JPG.1c724b19837ee0b0b552d0516cbc0c5a.JPG

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 6

17 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from another cloudy and windy day in central Texas.  It is currently 52F and our predicted high will only be 55F.  The rain chances for today seen to have decreased.  That's typical Texas weather, especially in the spring.

We like popcorn, but I'm not a fan of caramel popcorn, or really anything caramel.  On the other hand,  I'll take popcorn with chocolate drizzled on it.  Beavers are an important part of the earth's ecology.  Several times when we drove to Alaska, we stopped at an abandoned provincial park just north of Summit Lake in BC.  There are several beaver dams, and one large one in particular.  Our dachshunds would get on the dam since they could smell the beavers.  The larger one even jumped in the fast flowing creek to try to find the beaver.  Fortunately, she was on a leash and DH could pull her back to safety.  Maybe they confused the beavers with badgers.  🤣  I used to enjoy a cold beer in the summer or with certain foods, until a certain medication was changed.  Now, beer doesn't agree with me.  Happily, wine and I still get along very well.  😁

Another interesting quote today, that I'll have to think about.

Swordfish is one of the fish varieties I like, but when they were found to contain high levels of mercury, we stopped eating swordfish.  The recipes look good, but I'd definitely leave off the cooked tomatoes.  They're my version of Debbie's @dfish carrots.  😉  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, sending good thoughts that Ren's new team wins today.  I just checked the Dallas weather, and it's not supposed to rain today.  It will be cloudy and in the mid 50s though.

@seagarsmoker  Thank you for more pictures from your cruise. 

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope this next round of tests show better than expected results.

@Crazy For Cats  The look on the cat's face reminded me of Ralphie in A Christmas Story.

@grapau27  Graham, thank you for the Easter card.  It is lovely.

@cat shepard  Ann, the moonrise picture is beautiful.

@Cruisercl  Caron, I enjoyed learning about your Polish Easter traditions.

@kochleffel  Paul, an interesting story about the second night Seder.

Lenda

Thanks Lenda for the weather report in Dallas.  There's a chance of rain but let's hope not.  DH says the schedule shows today's game is at 1 pm CDT.  My time 2 pm and it should be over around 3:40 my time.  Guess they could start the game earlier today due to it being a holiday from school. 

• Like 10

Why do nurses insist on using very sticky bandages after they take blood?  I have furry arms (having lived with the cats so long, I am beginning to look like one) but ouch! when you rip them off.  Years ago a vet created a bandage that would not stick to their fur, and our doctors offices used it until recently, maybe another hard item to get because of covid.

126108_MAIN._AC_SL1500_V1506366637_.jpg

Thank you for the Seder stories.  During our confirmation year at church, we also attended a Seder. Very enjoyable time.  I guess by introducing other religions to us before we were confirmed gave us time to think about what religion we might choose instead?   A lot of my friends left and joined the Unitarian church. but not sure if that was them, or their parents.

0984dd6151fe9057e4fbd52d4db10546--medical-humor-funny-cartoons.jpg

2fb8ee912dcda213eab6e1206a0e20ef--medical-pictures-medical-humor.jpg

th?id=OIP.lQzROyozi6lZHgwWCSnlsAAAAA&pid=Api&P=0

• Like 16
  • Haha 9

Good morning everyone and Good Friday wishes to all who celebrate, 

DH started to add a few grey hairs to my head on Wednesday. I got there at noon and he was tired but the nurse said he was alert and talking in the morning. Anyway, as the day went on he was harder and harder to rouse and then his heart rate started slowing. I'm getting a bit panicky, the doctor is paged, an EKG is ordered, and then the doctor comes in to say he thinks he's solved the problem. It's a medication issue and DH just needs to sleep it off. They assured me he'd be fine, I could go home, etc. 

Yesterday I get to the hospital, head to his room, and he's not there! You can guess where my brain starts going but I calmly go to the nurses' station and ask to find out he's been moved (demoted) to the Medical Care Unit but nobody had called me. I get to his new room and he's sitting up and chatting away with me. He eats his lunch (Pureed and thickened for beverages) by himself, sits up for PT for 5 minutes pretty much unassisted, and is asking questions. I think he's back! 

Next step is hopefully a move back to our local hospital in what is termed a "Swing bed" where he'll do PT, OT, Speech, and have his medication monitored. Our local hospital means no freeway driving for me and is about 10 miles closer as well as in the same county so a win-win situation. 

Happy Easter weekend to everyone! 

Karen

• Like 23
  • Thanks 6

12 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

DH started to add a few grey hairs to my head on Wednesday. I got there at noon and he was tired but the nurse said he was alert and talking in the morning. Anyway, as the day went on he was harder and harder to rouse and then his heart rate started slowing. I'm getting a bit panicky, the doctor is paged, an EKG is ordered, and then the doctor comes in to say he thinks he's solved the problem. It's a medication issue and DH just needs to sleep it off. They assured me he'd be fine, I could go home, etc. 

Yesterday I get to the hospital, head to his room, and he's not there! You can guess where my brain starts going but I calmly go to the nurses' station and ask to find out he's been moved (demoted) to the Medical Care Unit but nobody had called me. I get to his new room and he's sitting up and chatting away with me. He eats his lunch (Pureed and thickened for beverages) by himself, sits up for PT for 5 minutes pretty much unassisted, and is asking questions. I think he's back! 

Next step is hopefully a move back to our local hospital in what is termed a "Swing bed" where he'll do PT, OT, Speech, and have his medication monitored. Our local hospital means no freeway driving for me and is about 10 miles closer as well as in the same county so a win-win situation. 

Karen

Thanks Karen for the report on your DH.  The beginning was a bit scary but the ending turned out quite well. 🙂 Hopefully you can get him moved to the local hospital very soon.  🏥

• Like 14

Good morning all. Son's roof is on and just in time for the rainy season to start. It is supposed to rain today and 100 percent rain tomorrow. Not too many plans for this weekend. I plan to act my age and have a few days of relaxation. But I know if the rain holds off I will be out weed eating and working in the yard. No alligator today yet, I can't believe how much he's grown in the last five months. I will not be pointing out when he swims by as the neighbors are determined to shoot him. They seem to feel it is for the good of the neighborhood. I just enjoy watching him swim by a couple times a week.  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and enjoy the holidays. 

• Like 19

Good morning everyone.

@JazzyVVanessa, thank you for putting me on the Care List.  You can remove me now, as I started antibiotics and they are working their magic. I don’t think I’ve ever before had a bug where ears, eyes, nose, throat and chest were all involved at once. Weird one!

Caramel popcorn and beer sound good.  Thank you, @StLouisCruisers, for suggestions on some good beers to try.

A Manhattan sounds good, too, as an alternative to my usual Old-Fashioned.  DH really likes swordfish, but I prefer softer types of fish.  The wines always sound good…but can’t drink wine.  Hope to see Saint John some day.

@Cruisercl, many thanks for sharing your observance of Good Friday. 

@Cruising-along, I hope you guys are feeling better.  Tough that both you and DH have it at the same time.  Stupid Covid! 😡

@marshhawk, thinking of you again today with your test.  Stay strong.

@luvteaching, what an experience at the hospital!!  I’d probably need the EKG myself after that.  So glad all is looking up in the end!!

Well, @StLouisCruisers, after three years, DH is finally interested in the Daily.  We’re both excited for Dallas Cup semifinals!  Fingers and toes crossed!

Thanks on this Good Friday to everyone for the photos, recipes, stories and all things that make the Daily so special.  

0F5E7E6C-5BA4-4870-B2B6-1FFDF2A5BD8D.jpeg.8c442f6e1160aa6407b12855cb743005.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

My post from December 15, 2022:

We were just in Saint John, NB (not to confused with St. John’s, Newfoundland) just two months ago. We took a trolley tour to the reversing rapids. The pictures don’t do it justice. 

D846D77B-CF81-4CBE-8EA5-358532F05835.thumb.jpeg.79f3609347b2981a953d70e8cf52e97b.jpeg

3B7E5344-EAFF-48E3-9E77-74A735D6F0B2.thumb.jpeg.1a2be05223b8c4b70aa66cd8bf5f461e.jpeg

And also the City Market that Jacqui @kazu mentioned.  However, it was closed, I don’t remember why but it was a Sunday.  Some vendors opened up just for the tourists. It’s huge inside. We saw Debbie @dfish and Carolyn & Henry @Cruising-along there but they were on a different tour. 

A2941CA0-DDC5-44C8-B30C-2D94A7B088EE.thumb.jpeg.957eaf61e08b9cafa4ba3fbee65833db.jpeg

243DE260-6EB6-4D50-BDD9-527DE8B85E7F.thumb.jpeg.745da79937fe9dc9ba3d662087780cfe.jpeg

If we ever go back I’d like to take the tour Debbie did from the other side. They were able to walk on the riverbed. Refresh my memory if I’m wrong Debbie. 😉

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Why do nurses insist on using very sticky bandages after they take blood?  I have furry arms (having lived with the cats so long, I am beginning to look like one) but ouch! when you rip them off.  Years ago a vet created a bandage that would not stick to their fur, and our doctors offices used it until recently, maybe another hard item to get because of covid.

126108_MAIN._AC_SL1500_V1506366637_.jpg

Thank you for the Seder stories.  During our confirmation year at church, we also attended a Seder. Very enjoyable time.  I guess by introducing other religions to us before we were confirmed gave us time to think about what religion we might choose instead?   A lot of my friends left and joined the Unitarian church. but not sure if that was them, or their parents.

0984dd6151fe9057e4fbd52d4db10546--medical-humor-funny-cartoons.jpg

2fb8ee912dcda213eab6e1206a0e20ef--medical-pictures-medical-humor.jpg

th?id=OIP.lQzROyozi6lZHgwWCSnlsAAAAA&pid=Api&P=0

Annie, we've been lucky that our doctor's office and the other places DH and I've had blood tests use the stretchy tape.  DH has "furry" arms too, and we bought several rolls of the tape on Amazon to use when he needs a bandage on his arms.  

33 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Good morning all. Son's roof is on and just in time for the rainy season to start. It is supposed to rain today and 100 percent rain tomorrow. Not too many plans for this weekend. I plan to act my age and have a few days of relaxation. But I know if the rain holds off I will be out weed eating and working in the yard. No alligator today yet, I can't believe how much he's grown in the last five months. I will not be pointing out when he swims by as the neighbors are determined to shoot him. They seem to feel it is for the good of the neighborhood. I just enjoy watching him swim by a couple times a week.  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and enjoy the holidays. 

Linda, good news about DS's roof.  I'd be okay if the alligator was just swimming by, but a little anxious if he decided to start walking my way.  

1 hour ago, luvteaching said:

Karen

Karen, what a scary moment when you got to an empty room.  I'm glad your DH was demoted to a regular room, and I hope he can be transferred to your local hospital soon.  I can relate to how you felt seeing an empty room.  One of the times DH was sent to the emergency room last fall, I was at home.  By the time I got to the hospital a couple of hours later  and they sent me to the his room in ER, it was empty.  Turns out, they had taken him for a CAT scan of his chest.

Lenda

• Like 19

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Good Friday observance today. Caramel popcorn is ok (I prefer just butter or chocolate drizzle) and I like some beers. Beavers are cute. I heard on the radio it's also National No Housework Day! Interesting quote. I'll pass on the meal (fish), drink (I've never had a Manhattan), and the wine. Roy's meal looks good to me.

I haven't been to Saint John, NB.

It's cloudy and 40's, with a high of about 54. I have been to the Ortho doc and had my right knee injected. I'm glad my appointment was this morning, as today is the Home Opener for the MLB Pirates team, and that part of town will be a zoo later. I had also planned to go look for a pair of black flats for dressier evenings, but didn't have the energy; maybe Monday. I will need to mow the lawn soon too.

@StLouisCruisers Thank you for starting the Daily today. Good luck to the DC Dallas team!

@richwmn Enjoy Tangier.

@grapau27 Thanks for the Easter video.

@seagarsmoker Nice photos.

@cat shepard Spectacular moon!

@Cruisercl With a large Polish descended population here, I have heard of the blessing of the food baskets. Thanks for the information about the tradition. 

@kochleffel It is interesting about the religious holiday overlap this year. The seder yesterday sounds interesting.

@aliaschief Safe travels tomorrow! Thanks for the memes; love henopause, lol.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Excellent photos from Saint John.

@marshhawk I hope you get good results from your test today.

@luvteaching That was a scary episode with DH; I thought they had to call whenever room changes were made? It sounds like yesterday was a good day for him. I hope the move comes soon.

@lindaler Good to hear DS's new roof is on, with all the rain coming. 

@AncientWanderer Great to hear you're feeling better! Sounds like you got a bacterial infection on top of a viral illness. 

@Sharon in AZ Thanks for the Saint John photos.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to the Celebration List.

Be well everyone.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

. I had also planned to go look for a pair of black flats for dressier evenings, but didn't have the energy; maybe Monday. I will need to mow the lawn soon too.

Vanessa, I don’t know if you like shopping for shoes online but I absolutely love my black flats from Allbirds.  The most comfortable shoes I’ve ever had.  I have 4 pair, two black, a navy and a gray. I got my DD hooked on them too. I have bought her two pair. Free shipping and returns. If you decide to order just make sure you order a half size larger. 

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Vanessa, I don’t know if you like shopping for shoes online but I absolutely love my black flats from Allbirds.  The most comfortable shoes I’ve ever had.  I have 4 pair, two black, a navy and a gray. I got my DD hooked on them too. I have bought her two pair. Free shipping and returns. If you decide to order just make sure you order a half size larger. 

Thanks for the recommendation, Sharon. Problem is, I've worn tennis shoes for so long, I'm not sure what size I need. I have some nice black flats already, but when I tried them on before my cancelled November cruise, they were tight and uncomfortable. I'll try them on again, but I think I need to do some in-person fitting at a store.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Good morning all!  Couldn’t see the moonrise here last night, clouds and rain, so thanks for the moonrise pics!  Grew up on Manhattans!  It’ll be salmon or crabcakes tonight not swordfish but they look great Debbie!  

Have only driven through St John NB. I remember being very relieved that the toll taker accepted my US dollar at the bridge because we hadn’t stopped since crossing the border. Canadians are so nice!  Oh 🇨🇦 I often wish I were born there!  

@RedneckBob great to see your imagination gracing us today. Wishing you a better day today.  Our NM mountain home was on Beaver Trail. DH saw a beaver up there once, I never did, maybe it was lost, too far from the creek.  But there were beaver ponds below us (like 4 miles and 800 feet below us) all along the creek. They made dams to deepen the ponds to store their wood for winter food (Aspen logs) and build their lodges for protection. Their ponds were excellent for trout fishing. 

Graham @grapau27 beautiful “painting” e-card. Thanks for bring it to us. Wish I could share it but it doesn’t seem to copy. But I have shared the Beer Day explanation 🍺 with friends who’ll appreciate it. 

@kochleffel Thanks for sharing your unusual Seder experience. Nice you could bring your own wine to take the edge off some of the rest of it. A church in my deeper history back when I lived in Albuquerque always had a Seder on Tuesday of Holy Week. It was a great event that I have missed having in my life the last few decades. My journey goes on in new paths. 

Blessings to all in need of healing, comfort or hope. 

Happy celebrations to all those amidst sacred days. 

Cheers to all celebrating life’s milestones 🍾 Life is Good!  You remind us of this on our tougher days!  

Smooth travels to those away from home, and smooth seas to all the cruisers. Enjoy it all.

Hoping we hear @cruisin sister made it home, or will soon 🙏

GO REN 🥅!  

Maureen 

Thank you Maureen.

To copy from here on your mobile phone (I use Android) just press on the video and the download video message shows.

Click on download and it will go into your phone's photo albums for you.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230407_181153_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, lindaler said:

Thank goodness your son has his new roof, but do you mean rainy season is just starting in Mobile?  Wow, that's not gonna be fun.   We've had nothing but rain in the south for quite some time now.  Of course, for fun you can watch your alligator swim by if the neighbors don't get to him.  I have to admit I'd be a little apprehensive with an alligator in the neighborhood!

39 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Good morning everyone.

@JazzyVVanessa, thank you for putting me on the Care List.  You can remove me now, as I started antibiotics and they are working their magic. I don’t think I’ve ever before had a bug where ears, eyes, nose, throat and chest were all involved at once. Weird one!

Caramel popcorn and beer sound good.  Thank you, @StLouisCruisers, for suggestions on some good beers to try.

A Manhattan sounds good, too, as an alternative to my usual Old-Fashioned.  DH really likes swordfish, but I prefer softer types of fish.  The wines always sound good…but can’t drink wine.  Hope to see Saint John some day.

@Cruisercl, many thanks for sharing your observance of Good Friday. 

@Cruising-along, I hope you guys are feeling better.  Tough that both you and DH have it at the same time.  Stupid Covid! 😡

@marshhawk, thinking of you again today with your test.  Stay strong.

@luvteaching, what an experience at the hospital!!  I’d probably need the EKG myself after that.  So glad all is looking up in the end!!

Well, @StLouisCruisers, after three years, DH is finally interested in the Daily.  We’re both excited for Dallas Cup semifinals!  Fingers and toes crossed!

Thanks on this Good Friday to everyone for the photos, recipes, stories and all things that make the Daily so special.  

0F5E7E6C-5BA4-4870-B2B6-1FFDF2A5BD8D.jpeg.8c442f6e1160aa6407b12855cb743005.jpeg

Maxine, I'm so glad to hear your DH is showing an interest because of the Dallas Cup!  I hope we don't let him down.  They've done pretty darn good this week so we shouldn't be greedy, but I still pray that the best team in the match is Ren's new team.

• Like 11

Good morning on this beautiful Good Friday!   We enjoyed St. John New Brunswick many years ago, thanks for the lovely photos!  

We live near a very large urban park with a lot of beavers 

image.thumb.jpeg.3ab4083396deabaa76e9c3215dd7c3e7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3b14f94d0842b866366d5c85de05e7d7.jpeg
image.jpeg.f1a97da4247aff3fa6a2d657cc493454.jpeg

0D7A03BF-A765-460D-A035-A9F55F08D41F.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 2

@grapau27 I see you noticed that I posted your video over on the Crystal Forum.  The tradition there is that there was not a lot of hype on sailaways when we left a port but "What A Wonderful World" was always played over the PA system as we left a port, so it is very special to Crystal cruisers.

Roy

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon everyone I made it home at  2AM. I was up by 7 to get to PT. It was a long day but others had even longer days from the stories I heard at the airport. Lots of cancellations due to crew issues. I will be right as rain by tomorrow. I have muscle memory from sleepless nights for the past 30 years. I do feel like I was on call last night. 

Have a great Weekend everyone. We will coloring Easter eggs tonight. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1