Jim_Iain Apex Key West, TansAtlantic and British Isle with a Week in Amsterdam

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Up to our Celebrity Suite.   The room was 99 percent setup.  

IMG_1908.thumb.jpeg.62d0ae516556c8effa07cffcc3713826.jpeg

IMG_1909.jpeg

IMG_1910.jpeg

IMG_1911.jpeg

IMG_1912.jpeg

IMG_1913.jpeg

IMG_1914.jpeg

IMG_1915.jpeg

IMG_1916.jpeg

IMG_1917.jpeg

IMG_1918.jpeg

IMG_1919.jpeg

IMG_1920.jpeg

IMG_1921.jpeg

IMG_1922.jpeg

IMG_1923.jpeg

IMG_1924.jpeg

IMG_1925.jpeg

IMG_1926.jpeg

Wow!   Have an amazing cruise!

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The Hyatt is a nice place and while a little dated is a nice place.  

That is our go to in FLL. It is very clean, has a great staff and is a good location with lots of restaurants and stores (including groceries) right there. We even booked it when we were in town for a few days for a wedding. The two bedroom king suites have a full living room and eat-in kitchen, which is nice for family groups.

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The breakfast offered at the Hyatt was really enjoyable.   Except for eggs cooked to order the product was far superior to Embassy Suites. 

IMG_1895.thumb.jpeg.21ab0be6fa5863b1be4a423057d64ca3.jpeg

IMG_1896.thumb.jpeg.99b1756281644d996216e4147ca90fd5.jpeg

IMG_1897.thumb.jpeg.d0b30053868699f0a1aad84406428945.jpeg

IMG_1898.thumb.jpeg.c4c90457594113b917ca04b5ca1fc443.jpeg

IMG_1899.thumb.jpeg.113475b176bf43b6c78e49b3b439bdc3.jpeg

we have always enjoyed our stays there.. close to everything we need but no Hilton Points . 

It was booked for dates of  our next trip so we will try the place in Dania.. Wyndham Garden...Had to join their vac club to the best price!

6 hours ago, jelayne said:

Have a great trip️If you run into Joao in the Retreat say Hi from Joan & Greg.  He was due to join the Apex today.

We sailed with Joao on the Edge twice in 2021, very nice gentleman. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Looks like something they probably send out to everyone , just like when you call any company now

“we are experience higher than normal calls your weight might be longer than usual”🤣

I received the same one 2x.     There were 5 ships in port today and at 10:45 there were only 2 cars in each lane.

6 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I am not a big fan of the hotel breakfast buffet because of the eggs.  I am pretty sure they use liquid eggs instead of fresh for those scrambled eggs.  I have not even been able, on most occasions, to make a decide bacon and egg sandwich.   However, I can put up with just about anything knowing that in four hours I'll be onboard a cruise ship. 

Looking forward to following along on your adventures while impatiently waiting for ours to start. 

The Sausages and Bacon were both rally good.   Eggs as you described and Iain thumbed his nose at them.    The star for me was the Yogurt and Fresh Berries (Frozen but still slightly icy).      The Fresh pineapple was really enjoyable.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jelayne said:

Have a great trip️If you run into Joao in the Retreat say Hi from Joan & Greg.  He was due to join the Apex today.

Joan,

The current Concierges are Carolyne, Elena and Jat.    We haven't met any of them yet as they had lines 4-5 deep sorting out things.   

We have plenty of time to meet them.

6 hours ago, Texter2 said:

Exactly how I feel! So enjoy following both Jim_Iain and GenerationX! They make me feel like I am on the ships with them.  

Have to agree.... Love following @GenerationX.      Love her sense of humor, style and of course her amazing wardrobe. 

If you haven't followed @Ken the cruiser you may want to check out his Australia / New Zealand / TransPacific.    We sailed with him on Summit and was fun to see how we both experienced the same cruise in such different way.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Joan,

The current Concierges are Carolyne, Elena and Jat.    We haven't met any of them yet as they had lines 4-5 deep sorting out things.   

We have plenty of time to meet them.

Who is the Suite Mgr?

5 hours ago, NBliving said:

Glad you made it onboard! My favorite Key Lime pie is at Pepe’s on Caroline St. Cute restaurant with a friendly cat that lives there. Looking forward to seeing which pie(s) you try!

I believe Pepe's it will be ---  

It's incredible --- years and years ago Trader Joe's had a Key Lime that was one of the best I had ever had.   It was so tart you would immediately pucker.    I recently stopped into a Trader Joe's and they no longer have it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Travelexpert35 said:

Looking forward to following along on your latest cruise adventure. Now you two can just relax and enjoy after your bumpy start. Enjoy!!

We are definitely in relaxation mode.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The Sausages and Bacon were both rally good.   Eggs as you described and Iain thumbed his nose at them.    The star for me was the Yogurt and Fresh Berries (Frozen but still slightly icy).      The Fresh pineapple was really enjoyable.

A slice of bread and five or six pieces of bacon made a good sandwich. 

Yogurt has been my breakfast savior many a time.  

• Like 1