The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday April 20th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Today is Chinese Language Day, Look Alike Day, and Volunteer Recognition Day

To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else. - Emily Dickinson

Meal Suggestion for today - Tortellini with Asparagus & Lemon
Drink of the Day - Sqrrl Pb&j Shot
Wine of the Day - Fillaboa Albarino, Rias Baixas, Spain
Destination of the Day - Fiordland National Park, New Zealand

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico Riviera eta 4-21

Koningsdam

Lahaina, Maui Island, Hawaii 08:00 - 22:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea destination Puerto Vallarta, Mexico eta 4-22 

Nieuw Statendam

Malaga, Spain Granada 07:00 - 17:00

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Malaga, Spain Granada eta 4-21

Rotterdam

At Sea destination Oslo, Norway eta 4-21 

Volendam

At Sea destination Cartagena, Colombia eta 4-21 

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Boston, Massachusetts eta 4-22

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Copenhagen, Denmark eta 4-21

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Hilo, Hawaii Island eta 4-22

Westerdam

Aomori, Japan 09:00 - 19:00

image.thumb.png.49d43e248d7628b3f48b378cd148c2ca.png

image.thumb.png.8198db82ce459e2045204832c99f656a.png

Sandi for Rich

• Like 24
  • Thanks 14

Good morning from a sunny 48°F North East England.

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisersfor your dedication to this daily thread.

I went to the muscular skeletal unit at 08.30am this morning and my hips were assessed.

Hip replacement is needed but I asked for specific strength exercises to do as the waiting list is up to 1 year and I want to put off as long as possible.

Paulines sister looks very much like Pauline.

I will give today's food  a miss until I see what Debbie @dfish shows.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone who is on the care list to be well.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230420_100944.jpg

Screenshot_20230420_101018.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 7

Good morning friends!  Well today we are starting out at 53F (it could still be going down at this early hour), but today it will be 83 and sunny again.  We're having a nice stretch of beautiful days.  Thank you Rich @richwmn for preparing the Fleet Report and Daily info for us all and we hope you have a great sea day on your way to Oslo!  And thank you for your day in history report on Danica Patrick.

Today we have a variety of days to honor, Chinese Language Day, Look Alike Day, and Volunteer Recognition Day.  I know how to speak zero Chinese.  Two DGS's took Mandarin lessons and their Mom knows a lot of Chinese too because of her paternal side of the family.  In addition today we have Look Alike Day, and even though I am a twin I can't say we look alike.  Sisterly resemblance is more like it.  However, people tell me all the time I look just like someone they know.  I'm sure that's happened to some of you as well.  And finally Volunteer Recognition Day will be a nice day to celebrate.  I've been a school volunteer and I'm sure that will ring true for our Dailyites, too.  Three cheers for volunteers!🎉🎉🎉

A nice Emily Dickinson quote.  I'm sure the tortellini and asparagus will be great but do we need the lemon?  The drink is an eye opener this early in the day - Sqrrl PB&J Shot!  Okay...   I have no idea about today's wine selection.  However all our questions will be answered by our F&B Dept. Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard.  Good job ladies!

Today will be the final day for Vanessa @JazzyV to add the Care and Celebration list to the Daily before she goes off on her cruise/vacation overseas.  A big round of applause for the fine work she does each day!  👏  Prayers will be said for all on the Care list, especially our friend @Mr. Boston and those who have lost someone special in their lives lately (or at any time) and are grieving.  On the other hand, many are celebrating happy events, and there are lots of cruise to be excited about.  Congratulations to all of you!🥂  Enjoy!!

The port of the day is Fiordland National Park in New Zealand.  This is the first time it's been listed that way however, we have had Milford Sound once on March 21, 2022 so I am adding the link to that date so you can find your photos.  Mine are below the link but perhaps I will add a few from further into the "park slash day" of scenic cruising.

We visited Fiordland National Park, NZ twice.  In 2013 on Diamond Princess it was a misty, damp day.  In 2017 on Sun Princess it was quite a beautiful day.   On December 18, 2013 the Diamond Princess made its way into Milford Sound for some scenic cruising.  Unfortunately it was not the best weather but you make the best of it.  Some of our crew were out and about and I thought this was a cute photo of them.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2Dn_xDjzgvzyI8JQCTz1c?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388708110

This was what the morning looked like for the most part.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK1G8prx20t6zbRRLSldqWE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388710662

To get a better look, I'll move on to the Sun Princess Milford Sound visit on Nov. 29, 2017.  Entering Milford Sound.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIwxLURt6Q-nRgSX9pAQ44-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513621029

It was interesting to see the rings of clouds surrounding some peaks.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJJaa8heAM3qKYeo1g_YhmP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513621040

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKmxU649KSOGLdTcdEm5KK9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513621108

I must say it was pretty cold out on the decks with the ship's movement and the chilly air giving you quite a wind chill factor.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKlLkttjiEhqIDkLEFPwbac?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513621197

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJQrd2AUxhTGCWjhtThUK3Z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1647868366

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI_HDWjIWS4kMiaDB1uIo1f?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513621272

Here is the Park Ranger who narrated that beautiful day describing where we were and any facts he thought you might want to know.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnDUvRXBdP-WMTIRIm6HsD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513621199

Instead of a cruise you could take a tour by plane if you want and we saw several small planes flying through the National Park that day.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHgE01hkFhw2OP_c4uFp_K?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513621287

And let's not forget the crew who enjoyed this day in another way, in their hot tub on the bow of the ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIYiTQP2OvboMQaGrING-sB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513621545

From Milford Sound the ship sailed through Thompson, Doubtful and Dusky Sounds.  I think Milford was my favorite.  This is the type of weather you dream of when scenic cruising but we take what we can get!  The last photo was taken later in the day when it warmed up and we were heading out of the Park.  It was much warmer there.

Well, here's hoping we all have a safe and fantastic Thursday!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 7

10 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Well today we are starting out at 53F (it could still be going down at this early hour), but today it will be 83 and sunny again.  We're having a nice stretch of beautiful days.  Thank you Rich @richwmn for preparing the Fleet Report and Daily info for us all and we hope you have a great sea day on your way to Oslo!  And thank you for your day in history report on Danica Patrick.

Today we have a variety of days to honor, Chinese Language Day, Look Alike Day, and Volunteer Recognition Day.  I know how to speak zero Chinese.  Two DGS's took Mandarin lessons and their Mom knows a lot of Chinese too because of her paternal side of the family.  In addition today we have Look Alike Day, and even though I am a twin I can't say we look alike.  Sisterly resemblance is more like it.  However, people tell me all the time I look just like someone they know.  I'm sure that's happened to some of you as well.  And finally Volunteer Recognition Day will be a nice day to celebrate.  I've been a school volunteer and I'm sure that will ring true for our Dailyites, too.  Three cheers for volunteers!🎉🎉🎉

A nice Emily Dickinson quote.  I'm sure the tortellini and asparagus will be great but do we need the lemon?  The drink is an eye opener this early in the day - Sqrrl PB&J Shot!  Okay...   I have no idea about today's wine selection.  However all our questions will be answered by our F&B Dept. Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard.  Good job ladies!

Today will be the final day for Vanessa @JazzyV to add the Care and Celebration list to the Daily before she goes off on her cruise/vacation overseas.  A big round of applause for the fine work she does each day!  👏  Prayers will be said for all on the Care list, especially our friend @Mr. Boston and those who have lost someone special in their lives lately (or at any time) and are grieving.  On the other hand, many are celebrating happy events, and there are lots of cruise to be excited about.  Congratulations to all of you!🥂  Enjoy!!

The port of the day is Fiordland National Park in New Zealand.  This is the first time it's been listed that way however, we have had Milford Sound once on March 21, 2022 so I am adding the link to that date so you can find your photos.  Mine are below the link but perhaps I will add a few from further into the "park slash day" of scenic cruising.

We visited Fiordland National Park, NZ twice.  In 2013 on Diamond Princess it was a misty, damp day.  In 2017 on Sun Princess it was quite a beautiful day.   On December 18, 2013 the Diamond Princess made its way into Milford Sound for some scenic cruising.  Unfortunately it was not the best weather but you make the best of it.  Some of our crew were out and about and I thought this was a cute photo of them.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2Dn_xDjzgvzyI8JQCTz1c?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388708110

This was what the morning looked like for the most part.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK1G8prx20t6zbRRLSldqWE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388710662

To get a better look, I'll move on to the Sun Princess Milford Sound visit on Nov. 29, 2017.  Entering Milford Sound.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIwxLURt6Q-nRgSX9pAQ44-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513621029

It was interesting to see the rings of clouds surrounding some peaks.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJJaa8heAM3qKYeo1g_YhmP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513621040

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKmxU649KSOGLdTcdEm5KK9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513621108

I must say it was pretty cold out on the decks with the ship's movement and the chilly air giving you quite a wind chill factor.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKlLkttjiEhqIDkLEFPwbac?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513621197

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJQrd2AUxhTGCWjhtThUK3Z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1647868366

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI_HDWjIWS4kMiaDB1uIo1f?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513621272

Here is the Park Ranger who narrated that beautiful day describing where we were and any facts he thought you might want to know.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnDUvRXBdP-WMTIRIm6HsD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513621199

Instead of a cruise you could take a tour by plane if you want and we saw several small planes flying through the National Park that day.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHgE01hkFhw2OP_c4uFp_K?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513621287

And let's not forget the crew who enjoyed this day in another way, in their hot tub on the bow of the ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIYiTQP2OvboMQaGrING-sB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513621545

From Milford Sound the ship sailed through Thompson, Doubtful and Dusky Sounds.  I think Milford was my favorite.  This is the type of weather you dream of when scenic cruising but we take what we can get!  The last photo was taken later in the day when it warmed up and we were heading out of the Park.  It was much warmer there.

Well, here's hoping we all have a safe and fantastic Thursday!

Great post and excellent photos Sandi @StLouisCruisers.

Graham.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Today’s Care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia and working on getting stronger

Smitty34877’s DH’s GI appointment 

Dobiemom’s recovering from eye surgery 

Mr. Boston’s brother’s death 4/16

Cruising sister’s best friend’s son’s death 4/13

RMLincoln’s cousin’s DH’s death

Too many shooting victims

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues

RMLincoln’s DH’s sensitivity to glaucoma meds

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Luvteaching’s DH in rehab

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Rafinmd’s good report from the Oncologist, Podiatrist and Pulmonologist

Marshhawk ok to cruise to Alaska

jl88, Welcome to the Daily!

Vict0riann’s week in Ireland

Safe travels Cruzn Single

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

1 Day for Oceansaway17 (Vision of the Seas 4/21 to 5/1)

2 Days for JazzyV (Celebrity Apex 4/22 to 5/7)

3 Days for Lady Hudson (Anthem of the Seas 4/23 to 5/1)

GTVCRUISER (NCL Jewel to 4/23), aliaschief & DWAliaschief (Eurodam to 4/28) Kplady (Grand Princess to 4/28), Sailingdutchy (Rotterdam to 4/29), St Pete Cruiser (Noordam to 5/2), TiogaCruiser (Volendam to 5/2), Overhead Fred’s Anniversary cruise (Rotterdam to 5/6), AV8rix (Volendam to 5/6), Dismomx5 (Volendam to 5/6), USN59-79 (Westerdam to 5/7), Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12), and Sharon in AZ (Volendam to 5/17) at sea

• Like 19
  • Thanks 15

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info SLC and JV too.

It’s National Chinese Language Day or maybe it should be called Chinese don’t understand your language day. It was most apparent many many years ago when Orville and Wilbur Wright just had completed their first man flight on an airplane, went to the local bar to celebrate, met a lovely Chinese woman, Suzy Wong, and asked her, “Would you like to join the mile high club”, which Miss Wong replied, “Two Wrights don’t make a Wong”. 😀

And look alike day. Does anyone look like RedneckBob? Hope not! 😳

Well maybe. Short story. Many many years ago again the Misses and me were on a HAL cruise, went to dinner in the MDR first nite at fixed seating. Sat with this other couple.Four the first two nites the lady would not give me the time of day if you know what I mean. Then on the third day of dining she confessed why she did not talk with me. Not only did I remind her of her ex husband, had the same professional job but also I looked just like her ex! The Misses replied, “Well, thank goodness your husband does not remind me of my ex”. Needless to say we did not dine with them again.

• Like 12
  • Haha 14

I'm sorry Rich @richwmn I mispoke earlier when I said you were on your way to Oslo!  I meant to say Copenhagen, it's the Rotterdam heading to Oslo now.  

I finished my 2.5 miles on the treadmill, eaten breakfast and am preparing to go to the gym for my weight machine workout.  I'm trying to strengthen my knees and legs, and will try to gently exercise my arms and shoulders again.

• Like 25

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

I can't believe it ...  I slept in!  Not that I have to get up and be anywhere at any specific time, but I'm usually up by 6, today I slept until 6:30.  It's supposed to warm up to 17°C (63°F), maybe spring will come back.

An interesting collection of days. 

I like the quote.

The meal sounds good.  I'll pass on the drink but hope the wine will be good.

Thanks for the pictures of today's port.  I'd love to visit New Zealand, but not sure I could handle the very long flight to get there.  

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for our Thursday Daily, Sandi.

Interesting collection of days.  Like you @StLouisCruisers I’ve been told I look like someone else or remind them of someone when people meet me on several occasions.  I guess we all have a double somewhere!  Of all the days, I’ll celebrate Volunteer Recognition day.  Volunteers are so key to so much in our communities and around help around the world.

E22924AE-B603-4683-BDB1-2AF958E464BE.jpeg.f170fc4bbcf7c76ae7595faf846931d3.jpeg

Emily Dickinson always has the best quotes.  Not sure I completely agree with today’s but I like it.  

Ooooh - look at the wine today.  I know it’s white 👍 and wines from Rias Baixas are really good.  Looking forward to @cat shepard’s description.  The meal sounds good too - especially asparagus.  I bet @dfish has some interesting takes.

AC88E5C7-F6E6-4A8E-B4B5-D5E620DA66B8.jpeg.5e03be57940447e5dd0fdc3d802454ae.jpeg

We’ve been to Milford Sound but not the National park in New Zealand.

Well, yesterday was a bust.  I went to get the snow tires off and came home with them still on 😡 The wheel lock was gone from the SUV’s compartment where it is stored and never touched.  The tire company tried 2 extractors and neither would work.  They are ordering a 3rd which will work.  It appears that the wheel lock was not put back by the dealership when the SUV was there. (It’s only used to remove the tires).  They are “checking” to see if they have it.  To say I was not pleased is putting it mildly.  I hate doing this job which was DH’s and now I will have to do it again and wasted my time. ‘Sigh’

693AE6C1-517A-479C-964F-1C88DDF99C7B.thumb.jpeg.545c3bb2a8c19028b6562111a96549cc.jpeg

Off to the periodontist this morning - better to get it over with early than dread it all day - LOL.

Raining here but it’s supposed to clear up 🤞 Plants I had ordered are on the way for the garden - at least I think the are.  They were supposed to be delivered yesterday.  Tracker now shows that they are delayed - delivery not established.  Hope the strike isn’t affecting their delivery 😬 for some of you who enjoy following the eagles & eaglets, I learned something new:

2C4EA5ED-BCA7-4C3E-92EF-2B4966FE01E9.thumb.jpeg.1eca04dd839a83f172ecda8d8343dd2e.jpeg

Still agonizing on the decision - going to have a chat with Ivan’s mother and we’ll reach one together.  The pin/wire in my elbow is really upset since I threw the ball for him a few times the other day.  Oh well, just 6 days to go until they come out (but who’s counting?).

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a toast 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.  

1891425A-5088-4AFE-BA1E-DEC21A17B601.jpeg.1fcdf9efc40c5b70e4f10eb6de688df4.jpeg

Have a great Thursday everyone !!!!!!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Good morning, everyone. Thank for the Daily and Fleet report. 38 days until I sail away to Alaska. I really need this vacation. 

Should be sunny and 75 in this part of Pennsylvania. Today is a relatively light workday and then I am off for the weekend. The joys of owning your own business and teaching at online universities is that you can make your own schedule. 

This weekend I will be getting the vegetable gardens ready. also working on getting the back patio cleaned and ready for the warm weather to sit out with a cocktail at the end of the day. 

Praying for those on the care list. 

Hope everyone has a safe and healthy day. 

• Like 31

Thank you Sandi & Rich for today’s R & D. It is 10 degrees warmer this morning. And it looks like another beautiful day. 

Vanessa, glad to read that your recent issues won’t prevent your cruise!  Thank you for keeping our lists!  Just Zumba, Bindi walks and chores for me today. 

I decided to shop for a new fridge. My appliance repair guru said he was surprised my 15 year old LG was still working. I might be living on borrowed time & I don’t want to lose food. I know my new one will not be a LG.  My guru has actually stopped taking LG cooling issue calls, because people had units that were just a few years old and the compressor died. Even if under warranty, the replacement compressor is the same component & the problem could recur. And if not under warranty the job costs $1,000. I know I want the same style, so hoping I find a good one. 

I am just a wee bit more complex, I need 🍷, too. 

56C816EE-ED6B-4DCB-90B9-12D0B634D7A6.jpeg.6712b31fd0c708001a31df03776e7d53.jpeg

EE55361D-96B5-4D12-87F0-6E8AA414FB0D.jpeg.d47e93e137ee48a0345d863222182765.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Fillaboa Albarino 2021, Rias Baixas, Spain

I used the 2021 vintage info, because its consumer and critic reviews are the best. It might also be the easy to find. I would love to taste this

$14.99

Winemaker Notes

Bodegas Fillaboa Albarino is a clean and bright straw-yellow. High intensity of ripe fruits, pineapple, apple, mango and citrus fruits. Very straightforward and aromatic with pleasant fermentation notes. The palate is smooth with an unctuous, structured flavor. Well-integrated acidity. This wine is balanced, fresh, and persistent.
JS92 James Suckling

Mineral and stony with dried lemons, pears, oyster shells and hints of yellow flowers. This is taut and bright on the palate, with a bright streak of acidity and a nicely chalky and austere finish. Drink now.

WW91 Wilfred Wong of Wine.com
The 2021 Fillaboa Albarino offers excellent ripeness and lasts friendly on the palate. TASTING NOTES: This wine offers aromas and flavors of chalkiness, ripe apples, and savory spices. Enjoy it with a fish stew. (Tasted: December 6, 2022, San Francisco, CA)
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 5

for look alike -- Currently on Zuiderdam I have a dopleganger. Since the first day we have both been asked if we are the other. I did have one in the town I live in, but he passed away about a month ago.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4

Just stopping for before we run around all day.  We never know the traffic pattern anymore, so we allow for an hour to get into downtown Atlanta.  DH has a dr's appointment. 

I have been trying to figure out what drug I can take to help with the COPD that I can actually afford. The Trelegy works but at $560, I cant afford it.  The insurance company says that another drug is what they will approve, but it is actually cheaper without using the insurance.  I called that in to my doctor, but my nurse, Danny said, that he would provide me with free samples of the Trelegy as long as he can, because the other drug is not that great for you.  I love my nurse!  So we are doing a drive by at their office today. 

Then we eat lunch, walk dog, work, and then go to see Bela Fleck tonight in concert. Except for ordering some Canadian money from the bank, we are done with the running around until after our cruise. 

Oh, and a vet appointment for Irving.  Who is very old, and will eat most anything now except cat food.  Who can no longer sit, who flinches when you pet him, and except for being with DH, wants nothing to do with anyone else.

• Like 29

4 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Just stopping for before we run around all day.  We never know the traffic pattern anymore, so we allow for an hour to get into downtown Atlanta.  DH has a dr's appointment. 

I have been trying to figure out what drug I can take to help with the COPD that I can actually afford. The Trelegy works but at $560, I cant afford it.  The insurance company says that another drug is what they will approve, but it is actually cheaper without using the insurance.  I called that in to my doctor, but my nurse, Danny said, that he would provide me with free samples of the Trelegy as long as he can, because the other drug is not that great for you.  I love my nurse!  So we are doing a drive by at their office today. 

Then we eat lunch, walk dog, work, and then go to see Bela Fleck tonight in concert. Except for ordering some Canadian money from the bank, we are done with the running around until after our cruise. 

Oh, and a vet appointment for Irving.  Who is very old, and will eat most anything now except cat food.  Who can no longer sit, who flinches when you pet him, and except for being with DH, wants nothing to do with anyone else.

So Annie, when is your actual birthday?

• Like 17

Thank you Rich, Sandy, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann..  I know absolutely no Chinese words.  I've had a couple of look alikes and support  volunteers.  I visited Fjordland a couple of times on Crystal.  Not sure about the meal.  My alternative is Chilled Apricot Soup with Snow Egg, Tropical Fruit Medley and Easter Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb as served on MS Amsterdam April 20, 2014.

Roy

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from rather gloomy SW Michigan.  It is supposed to get to the high 70s but I doubt it.  Today I do volunteer work.  Our garden club purchases bare root saplings and we bag them in a  plastic bag with moistened potting mix, tie them shut with a label and then next week they go to 3rd graders in my town and the next town over for Arbor Day.   This year it is our native dogwood.  

Sandi thanks for doing the Daily and Fleet Reports to start us off each morning.   Thank you for the photos of NZ Fjord country.  It is beautiful.  @JazzyV I am glad your are cleared for your upcoming cruise in 2 days and I am sure you are excited.     Prayers for all on our care list and the people of Ukraine.  @Mr. Boston Safe travels to Michigan and thinking of you in the loss of your DS.   

Have a lovely day!   Nancy 

• Like 25

Good morning, everyone!

@JazzyV I hope your cruise is fantastic and that you enjoy your time in Germany.  Thank you for keeping the lists for us all this time.  You have been stellar!

We have a mild start to the day and temps are supposed to get near 70F.  But, only for a day.  Then we go back to winter.  After that we slowly climb out of the cold temps into more moderate ones.  The long range forecast shows us with below average temperatures through the first part of May.  Cooler temps are ok and I prefer them for hiking and walking.  I don't like hiking when the temps reach the 80's unless it is all in a wooded area.  The only thing on the agenda today is an appointment with the surgeon to schedule surgery for the adrenal tumor.  I'll stop by the grocery store on the way home from that.

Today's meal sounds tasty, but I'll have to pass because of the pasta.  My blood sugar does not like pasta at all.  I'll probably go with fish and vegetables tonight.  @StLouisCruisers you can leave the lemon out, but it is a big part of the flavor profile for this dish.  Lemon adds brightness to the flavor.  Lemons are also good for us and can help prevent anemia and kidney stones, among other benefits.  https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-lemon

Our first recipe comes from Taste of Home.https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/tortellini-with-asparagus-lemon/

tortelliniwithasparagusandlemon1.jpg.60c8183ee461d0ac7ef67c4f036eaa66.jpg

Asparagus is also a very healthy food for us.  It is good for our eyes and helps lower cholesterol.  It is packed with antioxidants.   https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-asparagus

I had difficulty finding alternative recipes for exactly what was listed as the Meal of the Day, so we'll look at a couple variations.  Here is one that includes mushrooms and peas and leaves out the lemon.  https://anappetizinglife.com/three-cheese-tortellini-asparagus-mushrooms-peas/

tortelliniwithasparagusandlemon2.jpg.db3c40356aad90e42068f24b0f4f5e3e.jpg

This next one does have the lemon in it, but the addition of brown butter and garlic make it a winner!  https://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/food-drinks/recipes/a12039/brown-butter-tortellini-toasted-garlic-asparagus-recipe-wdy0513/

tortelliniwithasparagusandlemon3.jpg.65383a5884b74b0ade90ab20ba0a6325.jpg

Our last recipe adds in shrimp and I think that is a wonderful addition!  https://momfoodie.com/shrimp-asparagus-tortelini-in-lemon-dill-scampi-recipe/

tortelliniwithasparagusandlemon4.jpg.ec7aad3cac3d7bc4944dd41afb8dea31.jpg

They all look pretty good to me and if I could tolerate the pasta, I would make this dish.  I think you've picked a winner with any one of these.  

Wishing  you all a wonderful day.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 8

47 minutes ago, richwmn said:

for look alike -- Currently on Zuiderdam I have a dopleganger. Since the first day we have both been asked if we are the other. I did have one in the town I live in, but he passed away about a month ago.

Rich when we were on Koningsdam a few months ago there was a guy who could have been your twin. Same hair, beard, glasses.. and saw him with a group of friends at Trivia..

• Like 20

Good morning. It is chilly here but todays high will be close to seventy. My DB and I strongly resemble each other,especially in profile.I don’t know any Chinese words but I am willing to learn. Volunteers are important and deserve a day of their own.

@JazzyV, thank you for including DH on the  care list as well as including Tana for these many months. Safe travels to your cruise and Bon Voyage. I hope your knee behaves during your trip.

@marshhawk, Annie,I am glad you will be able to get the needed meds from the nurse in the practice.  I had a similar arrangement with the rheumatologist years ago as the needed meds were always ridiculously expensive.Anyway, I am glad that it helps.

DH and I have a late afternoon appointment . I will be happy when there is a specific plan,if possible.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 22