50% Off Beverage Packages

RichYak

11 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

That is not what their policy shows.  Maybe they just do not enforce it as much in Europe.  I would not assume they will allow it at all ports.

My understanding is that Europe is different for sure. Much more lax.

14 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

This isn't the same but it's close, you can bring on wine and non-alcoholic drinks when first boarding or when coming back from a port...Stop at a supermarket before boarding the ship

Yes, that is what we do now that package prices are ridiculously high.  We bring our own on-board at embarkation and in ports as needed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Yes, that is what we do now that package prices are ridiculously high.  We bring our own on-board at embarkation and in ports as needed.

I would not assume bringing back wine in ports will always work. I know in the Caribbean they check and take any wine/alcohol that is bought in ports.  I believe in Europe the reason it is allowed is because in some ports the scanning process is being done by local authorities which are looking for other things not wine.   

38 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I would not assume bringing back wine in ports will always work. I know in the Caribbean they check and take any wine/alcohol that is bought in ports.  I believe in Europe the reason it is allowed is because in some ports the scanning process is being done by local authorities which are looking for other things not wine.   

Yes, sorry, I was referring soda and bottled water.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 4:41 PM, jojo1966 said:

I'm surprised that this tactic celebrity have engaged in on the UK site hasn't been classed as illegal. I'm sure we have a law over here that states you cannot advertise something as being a "sale price" unless the item has been advertised at the pre sale price for a certain amount of time and I'm pretty certain the pre sale $149 price was never advertised at all!!

I've emailed them stating this!!! No response so far. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Irish clare said:

No sales showing in Ireland…only price increase in drinks packages 

When is your cruise? It's already been shown early on that it's not based on where you live, but when your cruise is. The sale is only for cruises through May 2024.

16 hours ago, Irish clare said:

No sales showing in Ireland…only price increase in drinks packages 

It seems that all who are somewhere else than US are getting higher prices - in this thread are mentioned now UK, New Zealand and Ireland and as well we in North who got 30% higher prices just overnight. I guess this might relate to the earlier announcement that X is following each customers countrywise terms. With that note I think they freed themselves also to offer same sales to all equally. Also a good note is that within EU is illegal to manipulate prices in a way we saw happening. If X is following the EU rules they have to advertise first the real prices ( if they exist 🙄 ) and then release the sales price but also tell the lowest price from the last 30 days.

Edited by CeleryCruiser
  • Like 2

Thanks to @RichYak for the post.

I have not counted the numbers yet,  but I figure that I was able to save about 1K.  I rebooked 7 out of 9 excursions.  For two of the excursions,  they raised the prices to more than before.  For others they are more than 35% discount.  Some are more like 70% off.  They must have applied the discount twice.

I looked at the site today and the pricing is still off.  Both higher and lower...  They have raised some of the prices that were too low to too high.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 4

On 5/24/2023 at 3:35 PM, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Frustrating for those of us with AI. You win some, you lose some.

What does Artificial Intelligence have to do with a booze sale? 🤔

• Haha 4

Let’s call it as it is, a scam!  We are booked on a 13 day cruise with X this fall, first cruise post Covid and we Elite+. I thought about getting the premium drink package and went through the links to see the total cost.  X wouldn’t let me purchase the package unless I also got the package for my wife.  Reading the fine print it states each adult person listed in stateroom must also purchase premium package; unless I prove my wife is pregnant with a doctors note.   Lol, my wife is well beyond child bearing years and she doesn’t drink.   Their excuse is they fear I may order a drink from my package and pass on to my wife, this insults my integrity. 

Now I am reading X has manipulated the price of the drink packages in sync with the “Flash Sale”.   This may be our last cruise, bothers me to be taken advantaged off.  

Edited by Jcafe
  • Like 1

Well, I was hoping that they will add the zero proof non-alcoholic package to the 50% off sales, but I guess not.  I am actually kind of excited about not getting a drink package this time around.   Now I can drink the drinks in the mini bar LOL.   I don't think the soda/water price in the mini bar is that much higher than getting them from the bar when you don't have a drink package.

On 5/24/2023 at 3:46 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

The one rep I spoke to who claimed he spoke to a supervisor said, to put it simply, flash sale discounts are NOT combinable with any other discounts which would include CC status discounts

We just purchased the wifi upgrade voucher by itself now while it's on sale and will call in to buy the basic package over the phone at a later time since it isn't on sale

I went ahead and did your suggestion.  I just called the Captains Club desk to buy the Basic Wi-Fi package for my wife and one for myself which worked out to be $153.86 each with our 30% Elite discount.  That is $10.99 per day per person.  

And, I went ahead and purchased the Premium Wi-Fi Upgrade Voucher for $6.99 per day (Flash Sale).

So the total cost for a Premium Wi-Fi package for each person that way works out to be $17.98 per day vs simply paying for the Flash Sale Premium Wi-Fi directly for $20.99 per day. 

So I saved $84 for next year's 14 night Panama Canal cruise with your suggestion.  Thank you.

Of course I first inquired about the possibility of buying the Premium Wi-Fi package with the Flash Sale and CC discount combined and the Captains Club rep told me it could not be done. 

image.png.0db68b370e64e58112541ffe2082cf66.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

I went ahead and did your suggestion.  I just called the Captains Club desk to buy the Basic Wi-Fi package for my wife and one for myself which worked out to be $153.86 each with our 30% Elite discount.  That is $10.99 per day per person.  

And, I went ahead and purchased the Premium Wi-Fi Upgrade Voucher for $6.99 per day (Flash Sale).

So the total cost for a Premium Wi-Fi package for each person that way works out to be $17.98 per day vs simply paying for the Flash Sale Premium Wi-Fi directly for $20.99 per day. 

So I saved $84 for next year's 14 night Panama Canal cruise with your suggestion.  Thank you.

Of course I first inquired about the possibility of buying the Premium Wi-Fi package with the Flash Sale and CC discount combined and the Captains Club rep told me it could not be done. 

image.png.0db68b370e64e58112541ffe2082cf66.png

Outstanding.  You can obviously save more the more sailings you have

4 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Outstanding.  You can obviously save more the more sailings you have

I have four sailings booked but I cannot act on the other three.  One is the Galapagos, one is too far into 2025, and I am sitting on the infamous $10/cruise premium wi-fi upgrade voucher for the other cruise from a sale last year.

• Like 1

I can't wait to see what the drinks packages will be priced at tomorrow, I am betting they will be back to $109 and $89pp per day. In my state of Texas this sale would have violated our state deceptive trade practices laws.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

I can't wait to see what the drinks packages will be priced at tomorrow, I am betting they will be back to $109 and $89pp per day. In my state of Texas this sale would have violated our state deceptive trade practices laws.

I wonder which  laws Celebrity has to follow ?

55 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I wonder which  laws Celebrity has to follow ?

They have to follow UK Law for any sale made within the UK and this is certainly against British Consumer law. We do have much better protection over here than the US. There is a clear breach of the Consumer Protection code of 2005 with regard to the previous price.

1.2.5.  For any food and drink you need not give a positive explanation if the previous price in a comparison has not applied for 28 consecutive days, provided it was the last price at which the goods were on sale in the previous 6 months and applied in the same outlet where the reduced price is now being offered. This also applies to non-food items, if they have a shelf-life of less than 6 weeks.

Also

2.1Indicating two different prices

2.1.1.  The Consumer Protection Act 1987 makes it an offence to indicate a price for goods or services which is lower than the one that actually applies. You should not therefore show one price in an advertisement, website, window display, shelf marking or on the item itself, and then charge a higher price at the point of sale or checkout. In addition, specific regulations apply to particular types of sales and ways of selling—eg retail sales (including the Internet), sales of food and drink which involve service, distance contracts, resale of tickets, package travel, etc. Your local Trading Standards Services or Home Authority will be pleased to advise you on the current regulations that are relevant to your business and of any good practice guidance which is also relevant.

• Like 3