The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday June 5th, 2023

richwmn

Today is Hot Air Balloon Day, National Frozen Yogurt Day, and World Environment Day

Extraordinary things are always hiding in places people never think to look. -Jodi Picoul

Meal Suggestion for today - Korean Salmon Skewers with Rice Slaw
Drink of the Day - Strawberry Tease Martini
Wine of the Day - Boscarelli Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Riserva 2016
Destination of the Day - Nassau, Bahamas, New Providence Island

Today in History:
1947 US Secretary of State George Marshall outlines the "Marshall Plan" to rebuild Western Europe

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Juneau, Alaska 13:00 - 22:00

Koningsdam

Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm/Juneau, Alaska 09:00 - 09:30

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska eta 6-06

Nieuw Statendam

Sandnes (Stavanger), Norway 08:00 - 15:00

Noordam

Hubbard Glacier, Alaska 15:00 - 18:00

Oosterdam

Giardini-Naxos, Sicily 1000-2300

Rotterdam

Copenhagen, Denmark 07:00 - 16:00

Volendam

Ketchikan, Alaska 1100-1900

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 6-06

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Canada eta 6-06

Zuiderdam

At Sea destination Dun Laoghaire (Dublin), Ireland eta 06 Jun

0605Atlantic.thumb.png.23dec64b1997e34071030e45d294036c.png

0605Alaska.thumb.png.cb0de727780c2340d7ab942252039af3.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 12

Today’s Care list:

Cruzn single recovering from surgery and 2nd surgery on Thursday

1Angelcat’s loss of Ninja and Fluff only a week apart

Marshhawk and DH Chuck with Covid after cruise; Fawn missing

Superoma working to settle her DD DF’s estate

Great loss of life in India due to train crash

Wildfire and storm related victims

Shooting victims

Citizens of Ukraine and Sudan

From the rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

57redbird’s cousin with glioblastoma

NextOne needing valve replacement surgery

Roy recovering from pneumonia and slowly getting stronger

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Welcome Home DeniseT!

Tana celebrating small wellness victories 

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

3 days for ocean sounds (Symphony of the Seas June 8 to June 15)

5 days for Nickelpenny (Zaandam June 10 to 17), celebrating retirement

Suslor (Eurodam to June 10) and aliaschief (Azamara Journey to June 28)

• Like 25
  • Thanks 10

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report.  I’ve always wanted to go on a hot air balloon ride.  Hats off to froyo.  We should be concerned about the world environment every day.  I like the quote very much.  The dish and drink suggestions sound tasty.  I made the applesauce cake yesterday and it was delicious.  I think that I’ve been to today’s port once.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to all of you celebrating happy events today!

• Like 26

Good Morning to All!

Thank you for the daily report.  Nice group of days.  One of these days I will do a hot air balloon ride.  (Hmmmm, thinking, thinking!!)  Not sure about the food and drink but the quote is good!  Been to Nassau on my last cruise but I stay on ship.

Thoughts for those on the care list.

Made it to Lexington KY last night.  Mammoth Cave was AMAZING!  Got there way too early (4 hours) so I ended up spending almost 7 hours there.  Forgot about changing over to EDT so arrived in Lexington at 2100 (oops, 9pm).  Decided I am just going to wrangle my way up towards PA.  Probably will stay on the road one more night until I get to my friend's house on Long Island.  Got to rest up for my cruise!!

Have a nice Monday everyone!!

Edited by Nickelpenny
addition
  • Like 31

Strawberry Tease Martini cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part DeKuyper® Pucker® Strawberry Schnapps
1 part DeKuyper® Peachtree® Schnapps Liqueur
2 parts Pinnacle® Peach Vodka

Instructions
Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass.

Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 7.07.04 AM.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann.  I like looking at hot air balloons but have no desire to do it myself.  We only have one planet so we must take better care of it than we have been doing.  I enjoy frozen yogurt   The  Marshall Plan was great for Europe, and less directly the rest of the world.  I've been to Nassau many times but never on a BHB.  I'll pass on the Salmon.  My alternative is Pinnacle Caesar Salad, Petit Filet, and Baked Alaska as served on MS Prinsendam June 5, 2015.

dishes23.jpg

Note: photo from 2019

Roy

• Like 34

Thanks for our Monday Daily, Rich.

What a great collection of days.  I will especially celebrate Hot Air Balloon Day.  We have a festival here every summer in Sussex where hot air balloonists come from everywhere.  It is quite the show when they all go in the sky.  And to be honest I celebrate world environment day every day as I think it should be 😉

IMG_3701.thumb.jpeg.968316c62e8b0690a7a7b4cba28fc7fc.jpeg

I love that quote.  It is so true.  The meal sounds good sans rice.  I thought for a moment today’s wine was the one I knew but I fear it’s a red one 😔. Been to Nassau too many times.  It’s nice to visit once or twice but for me, it gets old fast after that.

IMG_3651.jpeg.b6daecbd990d3bbaaabd80493c58a33d.jpeg

It’s another cool rainy one and it looks like it is going to continue that way for a few days.  Ivan is not happy about that but thankfully the fires around Halifax are now under control 👍 but that monster one at Barrington Lake area is still out of control and growing 😔 Sadly winds are predicted to be high near the fires here and in Quebec so it will hinder fire fighting, encourage spreading and send smoke to other places 😔 

IMG_0656.jpeg.4090cf20ccd0286fd0c97821879bd522.jpeg

Hallelujah!  I can walk (carefully) so it looks like my foot is finally healing, thankfully.  My problems are small compared to a dear neighbour who was rushed to the hospital yesterday with chest pains.  He’s in the hospital under observation with tests.  Hopefully all will be well 🙏🏻

Way behind with coddling the foot for 2 days so pitter patter, I better get at her.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and cheers 🥂 to those celebrating.

IMG_3677.jpeg.c37d211fc3538966b0ef579619d82177.jpeg

Have a great Monday everyone !!!!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Good morning, everyone!

What a great group of days.  I loved my hot air balloon ride over Letchworth State Park in New York.  What a thrill.  Frozen yogurt is great and environment day is everyday.  

The painters have arrived!   They are setting up right now and getting right to work.  The transformation will be interesting to see.  

Today's meal sounds good to me.  I'd skip the rice part and just do a regular slaw in order to keep the carbs at a level I can tolerate.  This first recipe is the only one I found that has the actual rice slaw.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/korean-salmon-skewers-with-rice-slaw/

koreansalmonskewers1.jpg.d7cd7e2c703f25354a5af59d2e307456.jpg

These salmon skewers looked enticing to me.  If you want the slaw, you can use the previous recipe, or just do your own slaw.   https://www.haylskitchen.com/korean-bbq-glazed-salmon-skewers/

koreansalmonskewers2.thumb.jpg.a99f5ff9bc4cfa127966378712f5ca2a.jpg

Next up are Korean inspired salmon tacos.  They have a spicy slaw to go with them and could be cooked on a skewer.   https://www.skinnytaste.com/korean-inspired-salmon-tacos/

koreansalmonskewers3.thumb.jpg.38905d657be2345144e87ef01f86f31b.jpg

These just plain looked and sounded good and they are close enough to the stated meal of the day to be included.   https://thesubversivetable.com/miso-glazed-salmon-skewers/

koreansalmonskewers4.jpg.4d39747e730d34c5abb2bd00b63ea18b.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!  I'm off to watch the painters.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 7

Good morning friends!  It was 60 and clear so we went outside for a walk.  Tomorrow will be treadmill test day.  We will have mostly sunny skies and 84 for a high. Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Daily and Fleet Report.  It would be a good day for a hot air balloon ride with calm winds out there. I like frozen yogurt but not as much as ice cream and gelato.  DD worked in 2 frozen yogurt shops as a teen.  And World Environment Day is honored by most.  On our walks I notice things in the neighborhood that I wish could be improved but some people don't seem to care about their environment.  Just a minor part of World Environment Day but we have to start someplace!

I like the Jodi Picoult quote.  No thanks to the salmon skewers, the drink sounds interesting, and I have no idea what the wine is.  Thanks today to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for their reports on the food and beverages.  The Day in History is an important one and helped to form Europe after WWII.

Prayers for all on the Care list and others in need.  Wouldn't it be nice to have no one on our Care list?  🙏  Cheers to everyone celebrating today!  I hope that list is the longer one!  Happy cruising to everyone here enjoying that pastime.  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for today's lists. 

I heard from DS that Ren's Jaguars tied yesterday with Chicago Sockers but are still headed to the Dallas tournament in two weeks due to their record this season.  Then I believe that is all until August when Ren and his Mom move to Dallas for him to attend the FC Dallas soccer youth training school.  Big changes in that family with big brother off to UCLA in September.  And DS is taking over the department as Interim Chair for a year while they find someone to head the department.  He doesn't want the job permanently.  After the year as Interim Chair he wants to take a year's sabbatical.  What a crazy year it will be for all of them!🤪

Port of the Day is Nassau, Bahamas which we had before on October 14, 2021 and August 20, 2022.  Links for both are listed below and my photos posted back then.  Please feel free to share your time spent in Nassau with us!

We went to Nassau twice on Disney Dream cruises with our son and family.  Excellent cruises and ship by the way.  The first time we walked around downtown while son's group played in the pools, hot tub and waterslide.  The second visit we took a boat ride to a private swim beach called Blue Lagoon.  DDIL set it up so I can't recall whether she did that through Disney or Blue Lagoon itself.  Everyone had a great time even if some of us stretched out on loungers in the shade.  😎

Here's your horse and buggy @grapau27  You mentioned last year you and Pauline went for a ride in one on your visit to Nassau.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJrdLl43Vx9yz-avs2dCVpU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1363286486

Beach at Blue Lagoon, Nassau, April 201500-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKcDrNtsRCRLzMsAuLXORCD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017744

kiddie play area00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKqBrgZqH0oGosJAf-0aktw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017744

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKvMj0ncQUb5uc0O7aJGD0z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017752

They also have a dolphin pool for your entertainment00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2aCZ1PjKfJ6heW0cAt65b?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017791

they like to play ball00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL33T0_vuEWTCGchPVbyZKM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017801

Me trying to avoid too much sun00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVItlqgqIxEey_gVoB-jpK6K?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017731

My handsome son and DH00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIA2szvWUva51XgjOwkYSlx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017712

Another catamaran bringing guests into Blue Lagoon.  You can see how secluded the lagoon is.  So if you want to make your Nassau stay a beach day I recommend Blue Lagoon.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKQFKAieqoohB0tg10kM8v-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017702

I like the fact Disney's Castaway Cay has a dock so much easier for familes to get on and off.  It's a big help.

Hoping all of you have a great day!  Stay safe and well, too.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Good morning everyone. An interesting group of days which only the environment is the only one I truly care about.  The quote is very true IMHO.  Total pass on the salmon and the cocktail but the wine sounds good.   I have been to Nassau but not in recent history.   Prayers for all on our Care list and the people of Ukraine.  I look forward to everyone's photos of Nassau.   Have a wonderful day! Nancy 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 25

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Another dreary morning.  I’ll pass on today’s meal suggestion and will make roast beef.  looking forward to my PCC calling later today, she’s been good to work with over the past few cruises.  I hope everyone has a good day today.
Not feeling motivated this morning but work calls.

image.png.4e6f37f96832a6bfbafc2ce4c87cfc43.png

• Like 24
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It was 60 and clear so we went outside for a walk.  Tomorrow will be treadmill test day.  We will have mostly sunny skies and 84 for a high. Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Daily and Fleet Report.  It would be a good day for a hot air balloon ride with calm winds out there. I like frozen yogurt but not as much as ice cream and gelato.  DD worked in 2 frozen yogurt shops as a teen.  And World Environment Day is honored by most.  On our walks I notice things in the neighborhood that I wish could be improved but some people don't seem to care about their environment.  Just a minor part of World Environment Day but we have to start someplace!

I like the Jodi Picoult quote.  No thanks to the salmon skewers, the drink sounds interesting, and I have no idea what the wine is.  Thanks today to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for their reports on the food and beverages.  The Day in History is an important one and helped to form Europe after WWII.

Prayers for all on the Care list and others in need.  Wouldn't it be nice to have no one on our Care list?  🙏  Cheers to everyone celebrating today!  I hope that list is the longer one!  Happy cruising to everyone here enjoying that pastime.  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for today's lists. 

I heard from DS that Ren's Jaguars tied yesterday with Chicago Sockers but are still headed to the Dallas tournament in two weeks due to their record this season.  Then I believe that is all until August when Ren and his Mom move to Dallas for him to attend the FC Dallas soccer youth training school.  Big changes in that family with big brother off to UCLA in September.  And DS is taking over the department as Interim Chair for a year while they find someone to head the department.  He doesn't want the job permanently.  After the year as Interim Chair he wants to take a year's sabbatical.  What a crazy year it will be for all of them!🤪

Port of the Day is Nassau, Bahamas which we had before on October 14, 2021 and August 20, 2022.  Links for both are listed below and my photos posted back then.  Please feel free to share your time spent in Nassau with us!

We went to Nassau twice on Disney Dream cruises with our son and family.  Excellent cruises and ship by the way.  The first time we walked around downtown while son's group played in the pools, hot tub and waterslide.  The second visit we took a boat ride to a private swim beach called Blue Lagoon.  DDIL set it up so I can't recall whether she did that through Disney or Blue Lagoon itself.  Everyone had a great time even if some of us stretched out on loungers in the shade.  😎

Here's your horse and buggy @grapau27  You mentioned last year you and Pauline went for a ride in one on your visit to Nassau.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJrdLl43Vx9yz-avs2dCVpU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1363286486

Beach at Blue Lagoon, Nassau, April 201500-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKcDrNtsRCRLzMsAuLXORCD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017744

kiddie play area00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKqBrgZqH0oGosJAf-0aktw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017744

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKvMj0ncQUb5uc0O7aJGD0z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017752

They also have a dolphin pool for your entertainment00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2aCZ1PjKfJ6heW0cAt65b?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017791

they like to play ball00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL33T0_vuEWTCGchPVbyZKM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017801

Me trying to avoid too much sun00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVItlqgqIxEey_gVoB-jpK6K?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017731

My handsome son and DH00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIA2szvWUva51XgjOwkYSlx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017712

Another catamaran bringing guests into Blue Lagoon.  You can see how secluded the lagoon is.  So if you want to make your Nassau stay a beach day I recommend Blue Lagoon.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKQFKAieqoohB0tg10kM8v-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017702

I like the fact Disney's Castaway Cay has a dock so much easier for familes to get on and off.  It's a big help.

Hoping all of you have a great day!  Stay safe and well, too.

Great photos Sandi.

We enjoyed the horse and cart ride around town before we went to the shops and the indoor market.

• Like 15

I forgot to mention last night I had a wildlife sighting right here in my own front yard.  I had just armed the security system for the night and went to look out the sidelight window next to the front door.  I saw what appeared to be a dark spot on one of the columns so turned on the porch light to identify it.  A moth, but seconds after I turned on the light a red fox went slinking out of the shrubs and hurried off down my front walk to the driveway where it disappeared into the darkness.  I wonder what he doing out there up next to my house, and secondly I hope any neighborhood cats and dogs were inside safe and sound.

• Like 26

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich! We are having some morning showers today. I won’t complain. We need more than a few showers. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping track of us. Gym - boy do I need it after a week of celebrating, Bindi walks, chores and maybe some pool time.

I probably also need to do a yard patrol, since yesterday’s winds were so strong. Some of the gusts were so strong and low to the ground that Bindi looked up at me as if to say “Mom, what is going on?”  Even a worm got picked up by a wind gust and was relocated to another section of the side walk! The things one notices when your dog inspects EVERY BLADE of grass!

IMG_1367.jpeg.6845fcaabeeb7433b3cb7be5f8c68b8a.jpeg

IMG_1365.jpeg.7852d8e3a83ed83de47b74eb7c9eefa8.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. Get well & stay well everyone!

Boscarelli Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Riserva 2016

This Italian wine is full of wonderful surprises. Even though the 2016 vintage is a bit elusive there is one Italian distributor who is willing to ship it worldwide for a fairly reasonable $29.99 + shipping.  But the even better surprise is that the more recent vintages are much easier to find, share similar reviews and prices! Perhaps some additional aging might be in order, but…

Winemaker Notes

#39 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2020

Deep ruby with garnet hues. Structured and complex, with a lovely nose of dried herbs, leather, earth, vanilla and strawberry, jam and plenty of plummy, flavorful fruit on the palate.

D94 Decanter
Boscarelli is located in the revered area of Cervognano. Established in 1962, it's now run by third-generation brothers Luca and Nicolò De Ferrari, who have gradually been replanting the vineyards since 1987. The gorgeous 2016 Vino Nobile includes local blending varieties, Canaiolo Nero, Colorino and Mammolo. A spectrum of enticing aromas greets the nose, from rose, violets and wild cherry to sage and thyme. Elegant, savoury and deceptively light on its feet, the palate proposes sweet yet tangy fruit with layers of finessed, powdery tannin. This superb wine is just at the start of its evolution.
WS94 Wine Spectator
Expressive and harmonious, this red exhibits cherry, blackberry, violet and mineral aromas and flavors. Pure and elegant, with an underlying tension and intensity that drives the lingering aftertaste of fruit, stone and earth, showing a hint of wild herbs. Sangiovese, Canaiolo, Mammolo and Colorino. Best from 2022 through 2038.
WE94 Wine Enthusiast
Wild berry, blue flower, crushed herb, camphor and a whiff of tobacco mingle together on this vibrant red. Made with 85% Sangiovese as well as Canaiolo, Colorino and Mammolo, the radiant palate is loaded with finesse, delivering raspberry compote, Marasca cherry, licorice and Asian spice. Elegant, fine-grained tannins provide the framework while bright acidity keeps it balanced. Drink 2021–2031. 
Editors' Choice
W&S93 Wine & Spirits

This is Boscarelli’s flagship wine, first produced in 1968 and matured for up to two years in Slavonian and Allier oak casks. The 2016 opens with high-toned scents of fresh cherry and orange peel that carry through to the flavors, which are cinched by taut tannins and propelled by brisk acidity. Appealing now for its bright fruit tones, it has good aging potential. 

JS90 James Suckling

Fresh and bright with strawberry and orange-peel character. Light body, bright acidity and a clean and crisp finish. Fun. Drink now.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 9

Good morning.It is sunny and cool here,going up to the mid seventies later.I will salute all of the days,especially World Environment  Day.

We have not been to the port but it certainly looks nice.The recipes look very tasty and have been brought to my executive  chefs'  attention.

DH is feeling well enough to come with me for an exciting (not) grocery store run. Yesterday we walked down the street and back, about 1,000 ft.I resisted my overprotective  impulses and stayed nearby but not assisting. Progress is good.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 30

Good Monday Morning Dailyites!  I was up late printing info on my new campaign (I paper jammed the printer) and I was up early printing more info from Lincoln Center.  

The screened porch is a big hit with Furnando and Bobagingee!  I washed 3 cat beds and put them on the porch. Furnando tried each one out, and found the one he loves, and has been out on the porch this morning, curled up in his bed (first time I have ever seen him so calm)."Bob" is enjoying watching the wildlife, the stray cats, the birds, he really liked seeing a raccoon last night!  But at bed time I brought them in, and then reopened the porch when I got up.

I have been to Nassau a few times.  The first time we went we choose an excursion last minute, and were taken by boat to a small island to snorkel for doubloons ( which turned out to be coupons for stores in town).  The second time we went, we went to the Blue Lagoon, a cold front had come through while we were there, and it was way too cold to swim, and we were very ready to get back to the ship.

Two times we went to a hotel out of town for a day pass and enjoyed the beach (why is it always too cold to swim) but we enjoyed the pool and the hot tubs.  And we enjoyed the jitney #10 bus ride.

We have been to the pirate museum and visited a beautiful cathedral across the street from the museum, got caught in a gulley washer, where it rained so hard and so fast the water went over the curbs and into the stores, and we have been to the zoo. (which i posted pictures of last year) and one time, when DH could not cruise with me, I stayed on board.  I know I have pictures of Nassau, but I apparently have not downloaded any but of the zoo.  I need to go back and look at my pictures.

I have to admit that I dont cruise to Nassau, it is usually a port that is part of a cruise to HMC, and since I am there, I get off the ship.

dc54be8c9341471b974258679bbf5be8.jpg

d9995496e854087b48b01677c4c8feb1.jpg

5ombb-sm24.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 24
  • Haha 3

Good morning from a partly cloudy and breezy central Texas.  We got a nice steady rain last night.  It is now 68F with a predicted high of 83F.  There is a slight chance of rain this afternoon, but with Texas weather who knows.  Today is not one of my favorite days since I'll be cleaning the house.  I intend to start as soon as I finish here so I can get it over with.

I like watching hot air balloons, but have never been in one.  For several years, there was a small hot air balloon gathering in Quartzsite.  It's been years since we had frozen yogurt which is good, but ice cream and gelato are better.  Everyday should be world environment day with more effort put into saving our planet.

Today's quote is interesting and true.

The meal sounds interesting, but I think we'll pass on it and the drink.  The wine sounds nice though.

We have been to Nassau several times, but all were pre-digital.  We visited Atlantis a couple of times on stops in Nassau.

Without the Marshall Plan, it would have taken Europe many decades to recover from WWII.

@Nickelpenny  Penny, I'm glad you enjoyed Mammoth Cave.  Enjoy the drive through Pennsylvania.  It is a lovely state and very different from Arizona.  We enjoyed living in southeast PA for five years.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm glad the foot is better, but please try to continue to take it easy.  BTW, I think I'm mostly normal, but I talked to our dogs and I confess, I talk to myself sometimes.  😁

@dfish  Debbie, I'm glad the painters arrived early and eager to get started.  Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, that's good news that Ren and the Jaguars made the tournament in Dallas.  I think red foxes are so good looking.  We have grey foxes in Quartzsite, and I saw one walking down the moonlit street one night.

342190401_149251707881220_7916305118588181733_n.jpg.e1de3f2582524a715d7bc7d8758bdf05.jpg343300284_111024641974648_4130885348722516976_n.jpg.20d691f7affe5a042a6a3c29c49e65e0.jpg

343592672_744416580806595_8818646281576797925_n.thumb.jpg.d898a54a9feabe174ebd1414e9d046ff.jpg

343635470_1504477090079058_7335992965715849109_n.jpg.fec4a2f9a16aed5b4eb9a09d26bf9dc2.jpg

344439658_197820469777360_3273484681705072800_n.jpg.1d35f4f261236d6d84f627ba5634bb3a.jpg

Now it's time to get to work.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 17

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser  I'm glad the Jaguars are going to the tournament too but yesterday was pretty rough.  First of all they were short a few defenders.  One kid isn't very reliable and didn't show up in Chicago without notifying anyone.  Then near the end of the game two Jags, Colton and Jackson had a freak accident running into each other with Jackson's mouth making contact with Colton's head.  Jackson was badly injured.  Three of his front teeth were pushed out of place awkwardly, and Colton had a laceration to his head and half of one of Jackson's teeth imbedded there.  One of the Jag's Dads is a doctor and he ran over to assist.  Both boys ended up in the ER.  Colton had to get a stitch to the head.  They did surgery on Jackson and he has to see someone today about possible root canals.  Horrific! 

Thank goodness Ren escaped injury.  He was one of the scorers.  I just hope everyone will be ready for that tournament and have some time to recuperate.  I need to put those boys on my prayer list!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
clarification
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 7