The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday June 16th, 2023

richwmn

Today is Fresh Veggies Day, International Waterfall Day, and Nursing Assistants Day

The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. - Bertrand Russell

Meal Suggestion for today - Fluke with Coconut Rice and Pickled Onions
Drink of the Day - Beer Loathing
Wine of the Day - Bookwalter Cabernet Sauvignon Columbia Valley Readers 2019
Destination of the Day - Airlie Beach, Queensland Australia

Today in History:
1963 Soviet space mission Vostok 6 is launched with Valentina Tereshkova onboard, who becomes the 1st woman in space

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Victoria BC, Vancouver Island, BC Canada 18:00 - 23:30

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 6-17

Nieuw Amsterdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 11:00 - 19:00

Nieuw Statendam

Stockholm, Sweden 0600-2300

Noordam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

Ashdod, Jerusalem, Israel 08:00 - 23:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Amsterdam, Netherlands North Holland eta 6-17

Volendam

Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska Destination Tracy Arm Fjord/Juneau, Alaska 09:00 - 09:30

Westerdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 07:00 - 13:00

Zaandam

Quebec City, Canada 07:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

Trondheim, Norway 0800-1700

0616World.thumb.png.47b066687a9cb5a1d3ebe7e05955f53d.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 20

Today’s Care list:

Smitty34877’s DH needing further surgery and chemotherapy

Summer slope with a health issue

Srdamcer with stomach issues

Marshhawk recovering from Covid 

Pope Francis recovering from abdominal surgery

Wildfires with smoke traveling many miles and air quality alerts

Shooting victims 

Citizens of Ukraine, dam explosion with flooding

From the rotation:

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Luvteaching’s DH in rehab

Scrapnana getting chemotherapy

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

StLouisCruiser’s DB feeling better

Norseh2o enjoying time in France

Sharon in AZ at Mt Lemmon for a week

Catmando became a non-smoker and marshhawk cutting down

Luvteaching’s DH showing continued improvement

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

5 days for Cruzin Terri (Oceania Marina June 21 to July 23)

Nickelpenny (Zaandam to June 17) and aliaschief (Azamara Journey to June 28)

• Like 21
  • Thanks 20

Happy Friday everyone.  Thanks for the daily report. Fresh veggies, yum!  Waterfalls are so calming.  Good nursing assistants are worth their weight in gold.  The quote is sound advice.  I’m not sure that I’ve ever had fluke.  I’ll have to wait on the drink to see what’s in it.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our list today.  Cheers to all of you who are celebrating happy events!

• Like 32

Good morning/afternoon. Cruising along on a glassy Atlantic at 10 knots heading for our 8 PM arrival in Bordeaux. We will have a two night stay in Bordeaux.

Many are moaning about packing so it’s nice not to have too but inevitably it will be our turn.

Heading for a meeting for those continuing on tomorrow.

Thanks Rich for faithfully getting the Daily started.

image.thumb.jpeg.9388fab1b4ce23a61332cd414e5ca8ce.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the Friday Daily and Fleet Report.

Another cloudy day here with a high of 21°C (70°F) this afternoon.  Bertie and I will head out for a walk soon.

A wonderful collection of days.   I love fresh veggies.  Waterfalls and fascinating.   A big thank you to nursing assistants.

I like the quote.

The meal sounds interesting, looking forward to seeing recipes.

I'm not sure about the drink, hope the wine is tasty.

I've never been to today's port, thanks in advance for pictures and comments.

Prayers for everyone.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a great day.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today's daily reports Rich.

It is currently sunny and 75°F.

I like to eat plenty of vegetables as well as fruit and meat.

Excellent quote.

I'm not sure what today's food is.

We saw some lovely waterfalls on our movie tour in Kauai Hawaii during our Grand Princess cruise November/December 2019.

Prayers 🙏 for all they will give comfort to.

I hope everyone has a great day. 

IMG_20191125_085842.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Beer and Loathing cocktail:

Ingredients
3/4 ounce Aperol
1/2 ounce fresh grapefruit juice
1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
1/2 ounce honey syrup
2 dashes grapefruit bitters
Pilsner, for topping
Grapefruit twist and mint sprig, for garnish

Directions
Fill a glass with ice cubes and crushed ice. Combine the Aperol, grapefruit juice, lemon juice, honey syrup and grapefruit bitters in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into the prepared glass.
Top with beer and garnish with a grapefruit twist and mint sprig.
Honey Syrup
Heat equal parts honey and water in a saucepan, stirring, until the honey is dissolved. Let cool.

Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 6.53.19 AM.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 16

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann for the TGIF Fleet Report and Daily.  My veggies are usually frozen, Nursing Assistants are true super heroes, and I've been blessed to see many wonderful waterfalls.  I love the Russell quote but have not been to Arlie Beach.  Valentina Tereshkova is a true pioneer and today women have become essential in space.  I'm pretty sure Fluke is a fish so I'll pass.  My alternative is Chilled Peach Soup with Goat Cheese, Lamb Shank, and Upside Pear Crunch Coffee Cake, my final dinner on my 2015 Prinsendam European cruise on June 16.

Off soon to Wegmans and hope to be home before we get rain.

Roy

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  I have a temp of 69F with cloudy skies.  It will be about 86 later and who knows what will happen with the rain?  Thank you Rich @richwmn for our Daily and Fleet Report today!  I think fresh veggies are great though my DD would turn most of them down.  🤷‍♀️  Waterfalls are lovely, sometimes amazing, and soothing.  Three cheers for our nursing assistants!

I like the quote and will find something else to eat besides fluke with coconut rice and pickled onions.  😬  The name of the drink of the day is quite unique!  And I'm sure the cabernet sauvignon is great.  Interesting event in history today and I was 13 years old then so do remember it.

Prayers for our friends and family on the Care list.  🙏  My dear friend told me the doctor is unable to help her DB with a stent to help his bile duct numbers lower.  Therefore there is nothing else that can be done.  I'm doubling up on prayers for all of them.  Congratulations to all on that Celebration list!  Enjoy the good news in your life and the cruises wherever they may go.  

DS, DDIL and Ren are heading to Dallas this afternoon for the MLS Next Cup.  First game is 8:30 am central tomorrow.  I hear the team they play first is the one that was so brutal in Orlando in 2021 (?).  A Los Angeles team.  I hope they aren't attacking the opposing team anymore.🙏

Today's port of the day is Airlie Beach, Queensland Australia and I'm happy to say it's a brand new port.  I haven't been at that port before so will be excited to see some photos today.  It must be a beautiful spot being in Queensland.  I have no links or photos to print today.  

Have a great Friday!

• Like 33

18 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning/afternoon. Cruising along on a glassy Atlantic at 10 knots heading for our 8 PM arrival in Bordeaux. We will have a two night stay in Bordeaux.

Many are moaning about packing so it’s nice not to have but inevitably it will be our turn.

Heading for a meeting for those continuing on tomorrow.

Thanks Rich for faithfully getting the Daily started.

image.thumb.jpeg.9388fab1b4ce23a61332cd414e5ca8ce.jpeg

Enjoy your day!  You are in for a treat in Bordeaux.  We spent an overnight there once (at least once) on the Prinsendam.  It's a beautiful city.  I hope you are docked at the dock right in the heart of town.

11 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

Good morning Dailyites! Thanks for the Daily Report and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

20230318_191719.jpg

I love this picture.  Look at the reflection of the sun in the water.  Amazing!

• Like 24

Thanks for our TGIF Daily, Rich.

Great collection of days.  It’s the start of the season for fresh veggies so we need to make the most of it.  Love waterfalls and Nursing Assistants are so invaluable to so many.

Good quote today.  The meal sounds interesting but there’s no fluke to be found around here. 😔 We’ve been to Queensland but not the beach there.  Dixie @summer slope that drink sounds much more palatable than the name suggested 👍 

IMG_0746.thumb.jpeg.54aa76685e82196eeafd6d1e692fadb4.jpeg

Bruce @aliaschief Aren’t turn around days just the best?  Nothing like seeing all the suitcases outside and knowing yours doesn’t need to be there (even though your time will come ) 😉 

IMG_0744.thumb.jpeg.26b972010833aec8a9b8b1f38265df05.jpeg

Sandi, @StLouisCruisers  I am so sorry to hear that the doctor cannot help your friend’s DB 😔 Heartbreaking there is nothing they can do - my prayers for him, your friend and you 🙏🏻 

It was supposed to be a nice day but I hear thunder?  Guess, I’ll just wait and see.  My back won’t mind if I don’t garden.  Neither will the weeds but I will.  Hopefully I can loosen it up.

My helper is coming over this afternoon to assist in a couple of things I can’t do easily so at least those will get done.  

IMG_0742.thumb.jpeg.18bc05327a3f0f692912a0b88bdaf92e.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and cheers 🥂 to those celebrating.

IMG_0734.jpeg.691d8e03e34d613089c2e74d291e64f1.jpeg

Have a great Friday, everyone !!!!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 15

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  I have a temp of 69F with cloudy skies.  It will be about 86 later and who knows what will happen with the rain?  Thank you Rich @richwmn for our Daily and Fleet Report today!  I think fresh veggies are great though my DD would turn most of them down.  🤷‍♀️  Waterfalls are lovely, sometimes amazing, and soothing.  Three cheers for our nursing assistants!

I like the quote and will find something else to eat besides fluke with coconut rice and pickled onions.  😬  The name of the drink of the day is quite unique!  And I'm sure the cabernet sauvignon is great.  Interesting event in history today and I was 13 years old then so do remember it.

Prayers for our friends and family on the Care list.  🙏  My dear friend told me the doctor is unable to help her DB with a stent to help his bile duct numbers lower.  Therefore there is nothing else that can be done.  I'm doubling up on prayers for all of them.  Congratulations to all on that Celebration list!  Enjoy the good news in your life and the cruises wherever they may go.  

DS, DDIL and Ren are heading to Dallas this afternoon for the MLS Next Cup.  First game is 8:30 am central tomorrow.  I hear the team they play first is the one that was so brutal in Orlando in 2021 (?).  A Los Angeles team.  I hope they aren't attacking the opposing team anymore.🙏

Today's port of the day is Airlie Beach, Queensland Australia and I'm happy to say it's a brand new port.  I haven't been at that port before so will be excited to see some photos today.  It must be a beautiful spot being in Queensland.  I have no links or photos to print today.  

Have a great Friday!

I'm sorry to hear your dear friends brother cannot be helped anymore Sandi.

I was told a while ago to enjoy every day and how true that is.

Good luck to Ren in Dallas and hopefully the teams they play show sportsmanship and not foul play.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

I'm sorry to hear your dear friends brother cannot be helped anymore Sandi.

I was told a while ago to enjoy every day and how true that is.

Good luck to Ren in Dallas and hopefully the teams they play show sportsmanship and not foul play.

Well said Graham.  Hoping this team is a bit more mature.

Thank also to you @grapau27 and Jacqui @kazu for your compassion for Mark.  I don't know him personally but have known his sister, my DF, for 13 years.  She has had her share of heartbreak with the loss of her only child at 4 years of age.  So sad.🙏

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.  Another chilly morning at 39 degrees but it is going to warm up.    No sign of the road repair guy therefore the boat sits.   My sister is at her cabin but their vehicle is too low to drive over our washed out road.  I always pray for people but have begun to pray for our road repair too. 

A nice group of days.   Waterfalls abound up here, the closest big one is Bond Falls.  We do the Atkins diet so if it isn't meat it is fresh vegetables.   Mainly a vegetable loaded salad. A good quote today.  Pass on the fish and the beer spritz cocktail but I am sure the Cabernet will be great.  Never have been to today's port. 

Thanks Vanessa for the Cares and Celebrations lists.     Seems like a bit of a hiatus for bon voyages but I am sure it will pick up soon.  Prayers for all on our Care list and the people of Ukraine.   

A day of weeding for me.  Hopefully it warms up a little, we burned the woodstove all day yesterday.  An unusual year for sure. Irises last a long time with cool weather.  

IMG_20230615_142526709.jpg

IMG_20230615_142330595_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230615_142238766_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230615_142214218_HDR.jpg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone. 

I'm posting early today as there is a lot on the schedule today. 

We live about 3 miles from the Gulf beaches and last night took the beach chairs over to enjoy the sunset. I can't go in the water because of my leg wound, but the water is 85 as was the air. A good breeze kept it comfortable. There were a lot if clouds to make the colors exceptionally beautiful. 

Enjoy your day however and wherever you can.

20230615_203226.jpg

20230615_204146.jpg

20230615_204705.jpg

• Like 38
  • Thanks 5

Good morning. It will get up to 80 or so later  but is now a comfortable  68.Rain is promised for the evening.

We have not been to the port and would like the fish recipe today if someone else would make  it. Fresh vegetables are always appreciated  and we are fortunate to have a great Farmers market in the next town.We have met some truly kind CNA's especially  in this last week and salute their hard work.

DH has one more doctor to see on Monday and then he will be all set for surgery.It has been a busy week and I am glad to have today to regroup.

@Cruzin Terri, safe travels today and Bon Voyage.Your cruise sounds great!

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi. I am sorry to hear that your DF's brother cannot be helped and add my prayers  for them.

Take care everyone

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Rich, thank you for today’s R & D!  After a night of intense storms, we are having more showers. Everything is looking very green, and our birds are happily hunting all the worms.

Vanessa, thank you for taking on the Cares & Celebrations lists. 
No gym for me today. 😱. Cleaning and prep for the dinner I am hosting for my neighbors tomorrow, Bindi walks, chores - and if Mother Nature permits - pool time will keep me busy. 

IMG_1397.jpeg.b0ec49c2b5c7a9c309785698db132d3d.jpeg

IMG_1406.jpeg.65e03659461894bb5989b9e039ebf7b7.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. Get well & stay well everyone!

Bookwalter Cabernet Sauvignon Columbia Valley Readers 2019

Note: this Cab is a borderline red blend. In fact in some countries it could not be called a Cab. “The States” only requires that 75% of the grapes be Cabernet Sauvignon. I might enjoy it even more, who knows? Reasonably priced with online prices starting at $15.00.

Winemaker Notes

#41 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2022

The 2019 Readers Cabernet Sauvignon is a beautiful garnet color and has aromatics of fresh black cherry, strawberry, and vanilla. Brûléed cherries, blackberry, and hints of cedar delight your senses before you are met with a satisfying and juicy finish.

This wine is intended for weekly enjoyment but is capable of aging gracefully over several years when stored properly. This wine is great for BBQs, camping, and weeknight family meals. Blend: 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot, 9% Syrah, 1% Malbec

WS92 Wine Spectator
Talk about bang for the buck—this red has structure and zesty polish, plus expressive black cherry, toasty mocha and smoked spice flavors.
WE90 Wine Enthusiast

Bookwalter’s Readers wines are one of the best places to find value in Washington—with much of it coming from old-vine fruit that didn’t fit into the rest of the winery’s program. Made with 15% Syrah and equal parts Petit Verdot and Malbec (5%), this Cab blend has aromas that pop, with notes of black fruit and a sprinkling of herbs. The flavors are plump and generous while showing the mid palate elegance of the vintage. Editors’ Choice. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 4

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today's daily fleet report.  It's a beautiful day here and I have the day off. DH is working from home do I made breakfast.  Doing a load of laundry and then will do some weeding off and on through the day.  Noy my favorite chore. I'll pass on today's meal suggestion and haven't decided what to have tonight.

I think we will book our Air Canada flight for our September cruise. I'm leaning towards booking the HOHO for our July visit to Saint John.

I found this little one having a snack out our back door.

20230616_074012.thumb.jpg.03469b659415b9bfe2bcc56705477342.jpg

Edited by Crazy For Cats
Missed a word
  • Like 28

Good morning, everyone and happy Friday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet report. 

Work from home day and then off to dental appointment. Expecting rain and possible thunderstorms. The rain is much needed here. 

I love fresh veggies. I love Aperol spritzes so I think I would like to try the drink of the day as it has Aperol in it. 

Thinking of you all 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

• Like 25

Good cloudy morning. It’s supposed to rain and thunderstorm later today. We need the rain. drought warning is in effect.

I just read on the news about the horrible bus crash near Winnipeg, 15 dead and many more injured. Prayers are being sent 🙏💔

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 8