The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday July 17th, 2023

Good morning everyone. Thanks for today's Daily Sandi and Rich.  Pass on tattoos, I really don't care for them.   I like using emojis from time to time and they are great in my phone because I don't copy and paste off Google images on my phone to emojis are a good substitute. @grapau27 thanks again for enlightening us on another obscure day.  I have not been to Molde but look forward to seeing photos from the port. Pass on the pasta but the cocktail would be good with sugar free Sprite.  I have heard of Nalle wines but I don't think they are a huge producer. 

Prayers for all on our Care list, the people of Ukraine and those impacted by the severe flooding in the NE and those suffering with the intense heat out west and in the south. 

We will have cool weather today and possible rain.  We had beautiful weather yesterday so we went fishing.   None of that fun today.  I have a hard time getting motivated when the weather is cool and cloudy. 

Happy 19th anniversary @Crazy For Cats🍾

🎂

@Quartzsite Cruiser thanks for the photos of Molde.   Looks like a wonderful place.

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_20230716_124212251.jpg

IMG_20230716_124247189_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230716_124042142_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230716_124011369.jpg

IMG_20230716_132607960.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

@Crazy For Cats

image.jpeg.7a12a7498fc0a7f708979538dee18bb1.jpeg

Good morning everyone. We maybe went to bed too early last night as I woke up at 11:00 and struggled most of the night to get back to a sound sleep. Of course right before you need to get up it’s deep zzzzzzzz time.

More rain yesterday but most of it missed us otherwise we would had heavy rains again. More opportunities later today. No matter what the weather it will still be LAUNDRY DAY!
Maybe we have been to too many places because I want to say we went to Molde last year but will have to to some research. No on the tattoos it’s just not my thing and will leave it at that.

Two days and the granddaughters and daughter will arrive. Today is my oldest son’s birthday and I remember the happiness, pride and joy of that day in Bitburg, Germany, 42 years ago.

Sandi thanks for getting us started, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie and Ann for your loyal contributions. Have a great week everyone. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.65398a76301acfcaf3ab25e0b7f68679.jpegimage.jpeg.2eb1396b647418582fdc9ddb73019f03.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ec449323e76fd283f871b016ebb295f1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.eea5b0a09edcc6ed3ac462b0e732debf.jpegimage.jpeg.5b5eb3eaad6cb467a4cd0a1793548181.jpegimage.jpeg.a349131a8e93aeaa410c16160cfc7ef0.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Haha 19

29 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

In 2011, the Prinsendam took us to Molde.  It's main claim to fame is the Atlantic Road, an 8.3-kilometer long section of County Road 64 that runs through an archipelago in Hustadvika and Averøy municipalities.  There is a very unusual bridge between two of the islands.  We did not see too much of the town, as we took a tour along the Atlantic Road.

Some of the WWII fortifications along the coast.

P1030201.thumb.JPG.0b0922c8dbd3c3d1d825e0c7ecd27ddc.JPG

P1030204.thumb.JPG.b4464358f67d919b553e2a503b412a6a.JPG

One of the two villages along the road.

P1030206.thumb.JPG.4be15bc4b123125f186224e49cacaaf2.JPG

The road and the bridge.

P1030217.thumb.JPG.522288e3b753d859dde6c181783e0fa8.JPGP1030220.thumb.JPG.d10384a86c6e4919f49791c03ff11f19.JPG

Molde from an overlook. P1030236.thumb.JPG.67bfae8ecc855bd87238c7c7ad81c115.JPG

The sports complex the locals are very proud of, as seen from the ship as we sailed away.

P1030245.thumb.JPG.52a07bd0a8ccf354408271472c26ee4b.JPG

P1030248.thumb.JPG.abc358781ee97bd6819f4528a6fe6ec2.JPG

Interesting photos Lenda.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning everyone. Thanks for today's Daily Sandi and Rich.  Pass on tattoos, I really don't care for them.   I like using emojis from time to time and they are great in my phone because I don't copy and paste off Google images on my phone to emojis are a good substitute. @grapau27 thanks again for enlightening us on another obscure day.  I have not been to Molde but look forward to seeing photos from the port. Pass on the pasta but the cocktail would be good with sugar free Sprite.  I have heard of Nalle wines but I don't think they are a huge producer. 

Prayers for all on our Care list, the people of Ukraine and those impacted by the severe flooding in the NE and those suffering with the intense heat out west and in the south. 

We will have cool weather today and possible rain.  We had beautiful weather yesterday so we went fishing.   None of that fun today.  I have a hard time getting motivated when the weather is cool and cloudy. 

🎂

@Quartzsite Cruiser thanks for the photos of Molde.   Looks like a wonderful place.

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_20230716_124212251.jpg

IMG_20230716_124247189_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230716_124042142_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230716_124011369.jpg

IMG_20230716_132607960.jpg

Nice photos.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

@Crazy For Cats

image.jpeg.7a12a7498fc0a7f708979538dee18bb1.jpeg

Good morning everyone. We maybe went to bed too early last night as I woke up at 11:00 and struggled most of the night to get back to a sound sleep. Of course right before you need to get up it’s deep zzzzzzzz time.

More rain yesterday but most of it missed us otherwise we would had heavy rains again. More opportunities later today. No matter what the weather it will still be LAUNDRY DAY!
Maybe we have been to too many places because I want to say we went to Molde last year but will have to to some research. No on the tattoos it’s just not my thing and will leave it at that.

Two days and the granddaughters and daughter will arrive. Today is my oldest son’s birthday and I remember the happiness, pride and joy of that day in Bitburg, Germany, 42 years ago.

Sandi thanks for getting us started, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie and Ann for your loyal contributions. Have a great week everyone. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.65398a76301acfcaf3ab25e0b7f68679.jpegimage.jpeg.2eb1396b647418582fdc9ddb73019f03.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ec449323e76fd283f871b016ebb295f1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.eea5b0a09edcc6ed3ac462b0e732debf.jpegimage.jpeg.5b5eb3eaad6cb467a4cd0a1793548181.jpegimage.jpeg.a349131a8e93aeaa410c16160cfc7ef0.jpeg

Happy birthday wishes to your oldest son Bruce.

42nd-birthday-49.gif

• Like 16

Going it’s another hot and humid morning. Supposed to get near 90 then rain tomorrow. 
No update on the missing children from the storm on Saturday 💔 I can’t even imagine the grief that this father and grandmother are going thru.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Good morning. The  wildfire smoke is coming back with air quality alerts today. It is tropically humid again and the windows were covered in condensation this morning.

A very Happy Anniversary to Jake and Juan @Crazy For Cats!

@Mr. Boston, we found the zucchini parm labor intensive as well but it sure was tasty.

@aliaschief Bruce, enjoy your grandchildren . It is a lot of work to have them stay when they are young but those years go very quickly.

Happy Birthday to your DS!

Our schedule this week is similar to Roy’s. The oncologist is today, the cardiologist tomorrow and the internist on Thursday. DD will come with us today but I think we can manage the other two appts ourselves.

I have no tattoos, have not been to Molde and think gunpowder was an unfortunate invention. We like pasta with pesto here and have some tortellini in the freezer that would make a nice change.

Be careful in the heat and in those areas where there is flooding.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning to All!  Thanks for the reports!  Emojis have a place and I use them when I don't want to type/text.  I have 2 tattoos - one on my L ankle (a yin yang symbol) and one on my left shoulder - "Intelligence" in Chinese characters.  I got them in Bangkok at 2 different times at the same tattoo place in Patpong.  I will celebrate Corrigan as I can commiserate!!

Unsure of the quote and the food and drink sound lovely (love pasta AND pesto).  I have never been to Norway.  Some day!

Today's weather will be the same - hot and dry though the humidity is around 40% so there is moisture in the air.  We have been under an excessive heat warning for days and this afternoon we are looking at a wind and dust advisory.  Those are not good as sometimes the dust gets so bad you can hardly see.  

Nothing on the agenda today which is not a good thing.  I have to study for a US Constitution test and a AZ Constitution test.  These are deficiencies I have for my CTE teaching certification (Career and Technical Education).  I have 5 years to complete so it is not necessary to do but, heck, why not!!

@Crazy For Cats Happy Anniversary!!  Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers for those celebrating.

Have a great day everyone!!

Edited by Nickelpenny
addition
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. The  wildfire smoke is coming back with air quality alerts today. It is tropically humid again and the windows were covered in condensation this morning.

A very Happy Anniversary to Jake and Juan @Crazy For Cats!

@Mr. Boston, we found the zucchini parm labor intensive as well but it sure was tasty.

@aliaschief Bruce, enjoy your grandchildren . It is a lot of work to have them stay when they are young but those years go very quickly.

Happy Birthday to your DS!

Our schedule this week is similar to Roy’s. The oncologist is today, the cardiologist tomorrow and the internist on Thursday. DD will come with us today but I think we can manage the other two appts ourselves.

I have no tattoos, have not been to Molde and think gunpowder was an unfortunate invention. We like pasta with pesto here and have some tortellini in the freezer that would make a nice change.

Be careful in the heat and in those areas where there is flooding.

Good wishes Terry for your 3 appointments this week.

Prayers 🙏 for you all for good health.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!

@Crazy For Cats  Happy Anniversary to you and Juan!

3fd70c4469801cf6583758a9db429c76.jpg.151c53fbc25804c3dfd0e491d656f27e.jpg

We had a pretty good thunder bumper come through around 2 am.  I got up and shut my windows.  We still have an air quality alert, but right now the air quality is moderate, so not as bad as it was a few weeks ago.  This week is being dedicated to getting ready for the cruise.  Nothing too taxing.  I was going to paint some more of the trim on the house along the roof line, but Sue said neither of us should be getting up on a ladder this close to the cruise.  I think she's probably right.

@kazu Your flowers are beautiful.  Our clematis bloomed and is done.  Nothing else happening there.  

@Mr. Boston and @smitty34877  I'm glad you enjoyed the zucchini parm.  Unfortunately, it is labor intensive.  

@ottahand7  Your flowers are gorgeous!   

Today's meal is one I would put in the comfort food category.  I will pass on it due to the carb overload.  But, it sure does look tasty.  And, is it only penne pasta and pesto?  That's what the recipes are showing, but I'm sure you could add some shrimp or chicken.  And vegetables. There is one recipe with veggies added.  Here's the first one and it is showing some cherry tomatoes.  https://www.aheadofthyme.com/pesto-penne-pasta/

pestopenne1.thumb.jpg.41c9a34038be367da20e8597bb07ac32.jpg

This one is pretty basic, but it does include the recipe for making  your own pesto.  You could use a jar of pesto and make dinner really easy!   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/penne-with-pesto-recipe-1928381

pestopenne2.jpeg.63582682c6bef64e6f2ec61795456199.jpeg

And this one has some tomatoes and broccoli added in.  https://pinchofyum.com/20-minute-lemon-pesto-penne

pestopenne3.thumb.jpg.1c53e7fd03465de9852fc3497d8a0483.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!   

• Like 22
  • Thanks 9

Good Monday Morning Dailyites!  

DH's younger brother got fed up with the "brat" and left and went home yesterday morning.  Doesnt make the decisions for the brothers any easier.  But actually may help, as only two need to make the decisions, not 3. Momma has a cognitive test on Tuesday. I told DH that both brothers should go.

@Cruzin Terri I read that the hotel had a Limo service that would pick us up at the airport for less than Rome Cabs cost.  But when I made an inquiry yesterday, the response back was that my reservation was  "not up coming".  Not sure what that means.  I have paperwork that says I have a reservation.  I emailed back to the hotel.  Am waiting for response. 

Maybe the tattoo is-

A military tattoo is a performance of music or display of armed forces in general. The term comes from the early 17th-century Dutch phrase doe den tap toe ("turn off the tap"), a signal sounded by drummers or trumpeters to instruct innkeepers near military garrisons to stop serving beer and for soldiers to return to their barracks and is unrelated to the Tahitian origins of an ink tattoo.[1]

The tattoo was originally a form of military music but the practice has evolved into more elaborate shows involving theatrics and musical performances. It is also used to designate military exhibitions such as the Royal International Air Tattoo.

c9e2ca530b2b5c609c0711caeab4b8e8.jpg

Off to the dentist, the bank, the grocery store, and my favorite lunch place, which is near the dentist, Thai of Norcross.  Yummy.  Have a great day, and thanks for all the information you all gave me yesterday!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Another hot and humid day today. 

Working from home. Today I am grading assignments and discussions from 4 classes. That is a total of 54 students. One of the assignments I am grading is watching videos of students practicing their counseling skills. I have on my television the port cams so that I can watch the cruise ships. I also take frequent breaks. 

Thinking of all on the care list. Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day!

@Crazy For Cats

Image result for happy anniversary

Image result for Monday cat memes

Edited by Denise T
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I don't have any tattoos, nor do I want one; DH's daughter just had cat paws done on the inside of her forearm.  She said it r-e-a-l-l-y hurt.  I'm not a fan of pain, so there you go.  I've also heard that Wrong Way Corrigan was a publicity stunt - it worked.  I use emoji's sparingly, don't like to clutter up conversations on the phone or computer.

We woke to another apricot coloured sunrise, but the smell of smoke has dissipated, thank goodness.  Our skies are nearly blue, just a hint of grey, and it's supposed to clear up by late afternoon.  Apparently we might get some thundershowers tomorrow - we can certainly use the rain.  

Our dear Sochi had an upset tummy yesterday, and if any of you have or had a long haired cat, you know what that means . . . a real mess.  It was obvious she wasn't going to be able to clean herself up, so assistance was needed.  I told DH he would have to help me with the job, so he quickly went out to the garage and this is how he was attired when he returned - old ratty jacket and welder's gloves.

Cleaner.JPG.4bdcebd8f900b8408701d7ce21f71d47.JPG   

What a goof!  I wrapped Sochi up like a burrito, only leaving the business end exposed, and while DH held her, I cleaned her up in the bathroom sink.  She was not amused, but was clean and acceptable in public once we were finished with her.

I had some distressing news last night that a friend and colleague was in hospital with an infection around her heart.  She's been having health issues for a while, and according to her sister, said last evening she was ready to go to her glory and reunite with her deceased husband.  She passed away only a couple of hours later.  She was a wonderful woman who worked so well with children; such a loss to the children in crisis community.

As soon as I finish this post, I'm off to the kitchen to make strawberry streusel muffins, as my godson and his wife from Seoul are coming this morning for a visit.  It's the same one who came solo last time - his wife couldn't come, as she had business commitments that kept her from joining him.  They're always a delight to have around, so I'm looking forward to their knock on the door.

@Crazy For CatsHappy Anniversary to you and Juan; let the love and laughter continue!

@smitty34877good luck to you & Lou at the medical appointments this week.

@rafinmd sending good thoughts your way as you go through the medicals this week as well.

@kazu what a wonderful thing you're doing in Jose's memory; the bursaries will certainly help others attain their goals in the medical field.

@summer slope thinking of you with care as you pick up Bailey's ashes.  They leave the biggest pawprints on our hearts, always.

I know I'd like the drink of the day, will pass on the wine, and think I'd be adding some chicken or shrimp to the penne.  I think today is a good day to cook up some fish - I've got some pickerel (walleye) fillets thawing that will be breaded and fried in a wee bit of butter, served alongside some grilled asparagus and baked baby potatoes on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

Good morning and thanks all!  After a Week of solid smoke, we’re driving to a less smoky area! 
do medical tattoos count? 

@Crazy For Cats happy anniversary Jake!  
@smitty34877 hope all those appointments go well!  
@ger_77 condolences on the loss of your friend! 
@Denise Tthat brings back memories, counselling videos 

@kazu the bursaries are a wonderful idea! Glad you’re enjoying the new iPad! 

@aliaschiefhappy birthday to your DS,   Love the memes! 
@ottahand7how the toe?   

some baby squirrels came for a visit.

IMG_2475.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5

Good morning all!

We woke up to some drizzle this morning and we really need it.  Hopefully it will be enough to help. The lawn has gotten really dry.  After today there's no rain in the forecast.  

Neither DH or I have any tattoos and don't plan to get any 😉  DS has one small one on his shoulder blade, a piranha chasing smaller fish.  He got it when he was on the Naval Academy swim team.  DD has a "thing" about needles so I know she won't ever get a tattoo!

Not sure why we celebrate someone who --  either pulled a fast one, or made a big mistake -- I like emojis as long as the message isn't cluttered with them.  Will pass on the red wine, the drink sounds refreshing.  I think I'll make the penne with pesto tonight, maybe add a little chicken.  Last night I made the salmon burgers -- it was ok but not a favorite so I think it was a once and done for us.  We've been to Norway but not to Molde.  Strange quote, at least the first half.

@Crazy For Cats Jake Happy 19th Anniversary!

@summer slope Dixie sending hugs today as you pick up Bailey's ashes. 

@kazu Jacqui gorgeous flowers -- is that a Jackmanii Clematis?  I love mine!

@ottahand7 Nancy WOW on the fish!  And beautiful flowers 🙂  

@ger_77 Sending my condolences on the passing of your friend. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

No tattoos here. Wrong way Corrigan flew across the Atlantic not by mistake, but he hadn't been given permission as his plane was considered not safe enough, so he made the "mistake". I like emojis if not excessive. Interesting quote, especially about love. I'll pass on the meal (don't like pesto) and drink. Yes to the wine. I haven't been to Molde.

I'm back from my mammogram and bone density tests this morning. Mini rant about the cost to park in hospital garages; it's gotten so expensive! It's warm and hazy. We're in the red zone with an AQI of 156, from wildfire smoke. So I'm in for the rest of the day. There's some things in the yard that need to be done, but I was bothered before, so I won't chance it. Then thunderstorms later. The bad air quality isn't supposed to be as bad or last as long as last month's.

It's the birthday of my DD friend Ruth's DM and it doesn't seem appropriate to wish her Happy Birthday. I just sent a message saying I was thinking of her.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for starting up the FR/Daily for @richwmn

@Crazy For Cats Happy Anniversary to you and Juan!

@summer slope Hugs to you as you pick up Bailey's ashes.

@rafinmd I hope all your medical appointments go well.

@kazu That's a lovely idea to set up an honorarium in Jose's name to help future NP's. Wow on all the blooms on your clematis. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the photos from Molde. That bridge is interesting.

@ottahand7 Nice fish and flowers!

@aliaschief Happy Birthday to your DS! Nice photos from Molde.

@smitty34877 I hope all those appointments go well. 

@Nickelpenny Good luck with your tests. 

@marshhawk It sounds like continued family drama for DH, but as you say, maybe easier decisions with 2 rather than 3. I hope you get the reservation straightened out. Many years ago I was traveling to London, and when I checked on my reservation there wasn't one. It turns out my October reservation, say 10/6/1985 was interpreted as June 10, 1985 by European style of dating. I've noticed most online booking now uses the month written out to avoid this confusion. I did get it straightened out and got a room.

@ger_77 Condolences on the loss of your friend yesterday. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List and anyone celebrating something.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 6

🎂

@Quartzsite Cruiser

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  After a Week of solid smoke, we’re driving to a less smoky area! 
do medical tattoos count? 

@Crazy For Cats happy anniversary Jake!  
@smitty34877 hope all those appointments go well!  
@ger_77 condolences on the loss of your friend! 
@Denise Tthat brings back memories, counselling videos 

@kazu the bursaries are a wonderful idea! Glad you’re enjoying the new iPad! 

@aliaschiefhappy birthday to your DS,   Love the memes! 
@ottahand7how the toe?   

some baby squirrels came for a visit.

IMG_2475.jpeg

I love those squirrels.  They are little rascals here drinking the hummingbird nectar.  Thanks for asking about my toe.  Most of the pain is gone and the wound is almost completely closed.  I can see the toenail is beginning to grow back. I may be able to wear loose shoes when we go to town on Wednesday.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3