The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday August 2nd, 2023

richwmn

1 hour ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

just a quick update as I am driving home from Minnesota. Baby Murphy is not doing well. She coded after coming off of ECMO. They put her back on and will try one more time in 3 days to transition her. I personally  think it is giving time for her surgeon to get back in town. Prayers are needed to help this young couple to handle the tough decisions ahead. 

Prayers 🙏 for baby Murphy 

prayer-for.gif

• Like 13

40 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We made it to UTSW with time to spare.  There was a big backup on I- 35E shortly before our exit, but we were able to get off and take a surface street.  

We were supposed to be here at 9:30, but we were back in imaging by 9.  Now, we're waiting for DH to be taken back for the lumbar puncture at 11.  The nurse told us they are running ahead of schedule.

BTW, I boil my potatoes whole and peel them when they are cool.  I try to cook them and the eggs the day before making potato salad and keep them in the refrigerator overnight.

Terry, I hope all goes well today at the infusion center.  Glad they could help with the alarm.

Great news, Joy.

Good news about the injections for Ivan.  I hope the lawyer visit isn't too stressful.

Sending you good luck prayers 🙏 for your DHs lumbar puncture today Lenda.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, Dailyites.  For the last few days I have found a bit of time to read the news, but have been hauled off to do stuff before I could post (Pat is getting his energy back..).  I have been thinking of you.  So sad about baby Murphy, I hope she improves; we had terrible problems with our son when he was a baby, in and out of hospital, it was really difficult for us, fortunately, he doesn't remember a thing.

At least there is good doggie news today!  And birthdays to celebrate this month.  

The grocery store flyer today offered a barbecue chicken plus potato salad to get 500 points, but it starts tomorrow, so I might get it, if I remember!  But then again, DD said she will cook tomorrow, so maybe I won't.  She made a delicious chicken dish last night, she said the recipe was on tiktok, but unfortunately it didn't agree with me, so I had a bad night... I need to stick with my old "tried and true" very plain food.

Yesterday I decided to call HAL to see if I could get Club Orange added to our cruise in the Spring on NS.  Originally I was told it was sold out and we would be on the wait list, (haha), but recently someone on the roll call mentioned that she had got it for one of the legs, so I figured it was worth it to try again.  Yay!  We got the last two spots, I was told, and I was able to choose a fairly good verandah - not many left it turns out.  So we have the early booking HIA and now CO - we can live it up!   The wandering AirTag on Rotterdam is still checking in every few days, I wonder how long the battery will last...

• Like 25
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

just a quick update as I am driving home from Minnesota. Baby Murphy is not doing well. She coded after coming off of ECMO. They put her back on and will try one more time in 3 days to transition her. I personally  think it is giving time for her surgeon to get back in town. Prayers are needed to help this young couple to handle the tough decisions ahead. 

OH NO! 😢. That is such sad news - so hard on Baby Murphy and her parents 😔 

I hope her surgeon has a solution 🙏. My prayers will continue for her and her parents 🙏 

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Back from the dentist. Small piece of watermelon seed under gum line. A seventy dollar watermelon!😁

Better a seed than an abscess 😉 that’s good news 👍 

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

BIG NEWS!!

Oliver "21" Sellers is all ours today!! 

image.png.ba9f63b691945f97669930212ca768a8.png

image.png.83396ca1847c95bf762aea8fa0a168cd.png

Yay!  Happy Gotcha’ Day to you and Allen and Oliver.  He is going to be a very happy dog in his wonderful new home 🙂 

IMG_0911.thumb.png.408374150c7ece71ba11386b70a96d30.png

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

I submitted one of my lake photos (the one with the sailboat) to a local radio station contest for beautiful spots in our province, and got notification yesterday that it earned me a $100 gift certificate to a lovely restaurant - how cool is that?!?  Because DH has to go for his angiogram tomorrow, I'm going to let him decide where he wants to have dinner out tonight.  I'm not sure where he'll want to go, but I'm thinking we'll be going to our favourite Italian restaurant where we can enjoy dinner on their deck tonight.  And wine.

How wonderful, Gerry 🙂. congratulations!  What perfect timing for the gift certificate 👍 

46 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I have got to get a diagnosis and treatment for this low back pain; I can hardly walk to the bathroom when I get out of bed in the morning, it's so painful. It improves as I move around, but if I stand for any time, it comes back. I have PT later, but for something different.

Please do get it checked out, Vanessa.  I wonder if your PT can suggest anything?  That certainly points to certain types of issues that PT can assist.  Sorry to hear of your pain and praying you can get help with it 🙏 

9 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Yesterday I decided to call HAL to see if I could get Club Orange added to our cruise in the Spring on NS.  Originally I was told it was sold out and we would be on the wait list, (haha), but recently someone on the roll call mentioned that she had got it for one of the legs, so I figured it was worth it to try again.  Yay!  We got the last two spots, I was told, and I was able to choose a fairly good verandah - not many left it turns out.  So we have the early booking HIA and now CO - we can live it up!   The wandering AirTag on Rotterdam is still checking in every few days, I wonder how long the battery will last...

Yippee on scoring Club Orange.  Glad you didn’t rely on your PCC/TA and the ‘wait list’.  The only way to get it and check is to call IMO.  Congrats on scoring.  You are going to have a great cruise now 👍 

hopefully your battery lasts until October 🤞 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Good morning all!

A good collection of days.  Probably our DDIL uses CAD in her profession and I know they used it when doing the remodeling of their home.  I love a good ice cream sandwich but haven't had one in years.  At first I thought the night out was just that, going out lol.  I immediately thought of our DSIL and DD who are going out tonight to celebrate his birthday today (and we'll be with the boys for the evening).  

Good quote.  I love potato salad, but only the way I make it (like my DM made it).  I think most people are a little fussy about their potato salad 😉  I use hard boiled eggs, celery, onion, a little sweet pickle relish and dusting of paprika.  Tossed in a little Miracle Whip.   I'll pass on the drink and red wine, we've been to Norway but not to Sognefjord.

I've been so busy researching for our two HAL cruises coming up next year I forget that we'll be leaving in 6 weeks on a Celebrity cruise to Alaska.  We haven't sailed Celebrity since 2017, it will be interesting to see the changes....

Thank you Vanessa @JazzyVfor including my niece on the care list.  If you want to, she could go on the rotation list, up to you. 🙂  We won't know for awhile if she goes back into remission.  I appreciate everyone's prayers so much!  Such a caring group.

@lazey1 Jane Happy Birthday!

@kazu Jacqui that's great news that Ivan is almost at his ideal weight and that that signs show the injections are working. 🙂  

@ottahand7 Nancy more beautiful flowers 🙂  I'm especially partial to Coneflowers that color. ❤️

@cruising sister Lorraine I'm so sorry to hear about baby Murphy's setback.  Continued prayers for that sweet baby and all your family.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda good that the clinic is running ahead of time!

@JazzyV I'm sorry you have low back pain and hope you can find out the cause and get a remedy that will give relief.

@Seasick Sailor Joy Happy Adoption Day!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

A good collection of days.  Probably our DDIL uses CAD in her profession and I know they used it when doing the remodeling of their home.  I love a good ice cream sandwich but haven't had one in years.  At first I thought the night out was just that, going out lol.  I immediately thought of our DSIL and DD who are going out tonight to celebrate his birthday today (and we'll be with the boys for the evening).  

Good quote.  I love potato salad, but only the way I make it (like my DM made it).  I think most people are a little fussy about their potato salad 😉  I use hard boiled eggs, celery, onion, a little sweet pickle relish and dusting of paprika.  Tossed in a little Miracle Whip.   I'll pass on the drink and red wine, we've been to Norway but not to Sognefjord.

I've been so busy researching for our two HAL cruises coming up next year I forget that we'll be leaving in 6 weeks on a Celebrity cruise to Alaska.  We haven't sailed Celebrity since 2017, it will be interesting to see the changes....

Thank you Vanessa @JazzyVfor including my niece on the care list.  If you want to, she could go on the rotation list, up to you. 🙂  We won't know for awhile if she goes back into remission.  I appreciate everyone's prayers so much!  Such a caring group.

@lazey1 Jane Happy Birthday!

@kazu Jacqui that's great news that Ivan is almost at his ideal weight and that that signs show the injections are working. 🙂  

@ottahand7 Nancy more beautiful flowers 🙂  I'm especially partial to Coneflowers that color. ❤️

@cruising sister Lorraine I'm so sorry to hear about baby Murphy's setback.  Continued prayers for that sweet baby and all your family.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda good that the clinic is running ahead of time!

@JazzyV I'm sorry you have low back pain and hope you can find out the cause and get a remedy that will give relief.

@Seasick Sailor Joy Happy Adoption Day!

As is usual in a medical setting things happen.  It's now 30 minutes after the time, and we're still waiting.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 8

Stopping back in to catch up between the vet, dog walk  and work,  Taz has something weird going on with a tooth.  Will post about it later.  

About my potato salad, I use red skin taters, and leave the skin on, because I was told there are more nutrients in them.  @JazzyV if you ever bake a couple of taters, save one for a personal sized potato salad.  I even use instant left over mashed taters.

And I have made a couple of times, a sweet potato salad, the recipe calls for lots of onions, and chopped green onions (guess to take the sweet away), it's different, and not bad, but basically sweet taters and onions.  with mayo.

Have a great afternoon.  Hugs to all and prayers for Baby Murphy. 

@Quartzsite CruiserI hope all goes well with DH's lumbar.  Whenever I want a bus to show up, I light up.  When ever Chuck gets bored waiting for a doc to show up, he plays on his phone, you got it, they show up.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 24

Infrequent poster, but occasional reader here. Since Skjolden is the port of the day and we were there recently, I thought I'd post a picture or two of the docking area. I believe this is the most pastoral place we've ever docked. There is a small terminal and directly across the street are farms with sheep in the pastures.........a first for us. 

Cute little place that we were supposed to tour the surrounding mountains from, but tour was cancelled due to illness of driver or guide so we just strolled into town. And you've seen pictures of that. The fjord is absolutely beautiful. I believe we entered it at around 4:30 AM and reached Skjolden at noon.

Arrival in Skjolden (5).JPG

Arrival in Skjolden (6).JPG

• Like 25
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

Continued prayers for Murphy and her parents. 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 20

@cruising sister So sorry to hear about baby Murphy.  My thoughts are with you and her family.  

@JazzyV sorry to hear about your back.   I hope your doctors can figure out what is wrong and give you some relief. 

@Seasick SailorCongratulations on Olivers adoption and I am glad @kazu that Ivan is doing much better. 

I hope everyone is feeling better soon and those on cruises are having a great time.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Here are the photos Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser asked me to go back and retrieve for her.  They were on the last page of July 20, 2023 (page 3!) and I didn't see them this morning.  We were up on the pool deck after having a late lunch today when I read her post about the missing photos.  DH was kind enough to remove himself and come down to our room to set up the laptop again for me.  I don't like to mess around with his "stuff"!

Lenda's post:

One of my projects the last few years has been to go through all the pictures on the computer to try to get them to look their best, and to weed out the bad ones and the duplicates.  Today, while going through pictures from a 2011 cruise on Prinsendam, I discovered we had been to Skjolden, Norway.  When it was the port of the day, I had said we'd not been there, and I guessed I missed looking at that particular cruise's photos.  That is one of the few ports we've visited that I didn't remember.  I did remember the tour we took that day up into the mountains to a National Park near the ice fields, but just didn't remember the port.

Here are few of my pictures of Skjolden that are mainly focused on Sognefjord.  We'll begin with the Prinsendam docked at the end of the fjord.

P1020863.thumb.JPG.2609b92e6134a2efba0dea9e0ce8ca34.JPG

P1020864.thumb.JPG.aac461309085fff3237163e56d4b82d6.JPG

P1020866.thumb.JPG.cb491f223286b688fa43d334896c07ff.JPG

P1020868.thumb.JPG.105d31447561f5919c91d4d372ffd29c.JPG

P1020859.thumb.JPG.1f6f9727c8d19c2dc79ea8e5b133f19f.JPG

P1020860.thumb.JPG.58bf1b2664b82bdd06d94799a2ea29bc.JPG

The Skjolden Hotel

P1020855.thumb.JPG.44944b5a1687782e786fb9d6c30c3149.JPG

The hydroelectric generator up close

P1020862.thumb.JPG.4a213cfb3030556b3c89120aae98a5ed.JPG

A river heading to the fjord

The fjord

P1020856.thumb.JPG.6d002ab7ae8889f7d6db1ad278b7fe01.JPG

P1020858.thumb.JPG.e749b83e4327f503759954e72cf85309.JPG

P1020861.thumb.JPG.0c5608fe1942d758f1d87e1be4ee3dcd.JPG

P1020869.JPG

Lenda

This must be all...I can find no more!  😁

• Like 18
  • Thanks 8

@JazzyV My heart goes out to you regarding your back pain. I fell down a flight of stairs backwards carrying boxes of Christmas tree ornaments. I was in rehab and PT about 3 years, and on and off for the past 15 years. Thank you Jesus I did not require surgery.

I can tell when my back is going to tighten up. I lay on my yoga mat and put an exercise noodle under me from the bottom of my neck to my butt. I slowly roll side to side and can feel my muscle/back start to loosen. By the way, if I skip out on my yoga a day or two I know I'll pay for it. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Here are the photos Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser asked me to go back and retrieve for her.  They were on the last page of July 20, 2023 (page 3!) and I didn't see them this morning.  We were up on the pool deck after having a late lunch today when I read her post about the missing photos.  DH was kind enough to remove himself and come down to our room to set up the laptop again for me.  I don't like to mess around with his "stuff"!

Lenda's post:

One of my projects the last few years has been to go through all the pictures on the computer to try to get them to look their best, and to weed out the bad ones and the duplicates.  Today, while going through pictures from a 2011 cruise on Prinsendam, I discovered we had been to Skjolden, Norway.  When it was the port of the day, I had said we'd not been there, and I guessed I missed looking at that particular cruise's photos.  That is one of the few ports we've visited that I didn't remember.  I did remember the tour we took that day up into the mountains to a National Park near the ice fields, but just didn't remember the port.

Here are few of my pictures of Skjolden that are mainly focused on Sognefjord.  We'll begin with the Prinsendam docked at the end of the fjord.

P1020863.thumb.JPG.2609b92e6134a2efba0dea9e0ce8ca34.JPG

P1020864.thumb.JPG.aac461309085fff3237163e56d4b82d6.JPG

P1020866.thumb.JPG.cb491f223286b688fa43d334896c07ff.JPG

P1020868.thumb.JPG.105d31447561f5919c91d4d372ffd29c.JPG

P1020859.thumb.JPG.1f6f9727c8d19c2dc79ea8e5b133f19f.JPG

The Skjolden Hotel

P1020855.thumb.JPG.44944b5a1687782e786fb9d6c30c3149.JPG

The hydroelectric generator up close

P1020862.thumb.JPG.4a213cfb3030556b3c89120aae98a5ed.JPG

A river heading to the fjord

The fjord

P1020856.thumb.JPG.6d002ab7ae8889f7d6db1ad278b7fe01.JPG

P1020858.thumb.JPG.e749b83e4327f503759954e72cf85309.JPG

P1020861.thumb.JPG.0c5608fe1942d758f1d87e1be4ee3dcd.JPG

P1020869.JPG

Lenda

This must be all...I can find no more!  😁

Thanks to both you and your DH for going to the trouble if finding my pictures.  Sorry about the wring page number.  I knew it was the last page.

DH is still back in the imaging room.  They use imaging to guide the needle.

Lenda

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Thanks to both you and your DH for going to the trouble if finding my pictures.  Sorry about the wring page number.  I knew it was the last page.

DH is still back in the imaging room.  They use imaging to guide the needle.

Lenda

No problem.  I hope your DH does well with the procedure and all is well.

Lorraine @cruising sister many prayers for Baby Murphy and her family.  This is so concerning and I hope she can finally turn the corner to a complete recovery.🙏

Vanessa @JazzyV how awful to be in such pain in the back area.  I hope you can get it looked into and something can be done to relieve the pain. 

Joy @Seasick Sailor congrats to you both on Oliver's adoption.  What a lucky dog!  And equally lucky parents!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mamaofami said:

Sam is back in hospital because one of the brain bleeds has grown. It’s a wait and see if surgery is needed. I am very nervous.

Carol

I’m so sorry to hear this, Carol 😔 My prayers for him and you are winging their way 🙏 

• Like 16

Prayers for baby Murphy, jazzy and Sam!  And all others on the list! 
So glad  to hear Ivan is showing improvement.  

We just checked our credit reports,  something I’ve never done and discovered someone has changed our address to a post office box in another province.   So now to sort that out!  

IMG_2545.jpeg

IMG_2542.jpeg

DSC_0471.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

DH is back in the room.  At was about 35 minutes after they took him back before they got started.  Add to that we don't do anything normally, so it took a long time to get enough spinal fluid, but not as much as they wanted.  We should be on our way home in an hour or so.

27 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Sam is back in hospital because one of the brain bleeds has grown. It’s a wait and see if surgery is needed. I am very nervous.

Carol

Carol, I am sorry Sam is back in the hospital.  I hope they can help him and avoid surgery.

9 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Prayers for baby Murphy, jazzy and Sam!  And all others on the list! 
So glad  to hear Ivan is showing improvement.  

We just checked our credit reports,  something I’ve never done and discovered someone has changed our address to a post office box in another province.   So now to sort that out!  

IMG_2545.jpeg

IMG_2542.jpeg

DSC_0471.jpeg

Brenda, oh no about the address change.  I hope you can get it straightened out easily.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Carol

I am so sorry to hear this..... Hugs and prayers and lots of positive thoughts.

Susan

• Like 16