Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Bridge climb photos? How did I miss those?🫥

I think sometimes you almost have to go back a page and refresh on here. I’ve missed stuff before, and KNOW I was picking up where I left off.  The site can be wonky at times, IMO. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Check them out. Amazing! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

I think sometimes you almost have to go back a page and refresh on here. I’ve missed stuff before, and KNOW I was picking up where I left off.  The site can be wonky at times, IMO. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Check them out. Amazing! 

I just caught Island Lady's quote of them. Beautiful!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I just caught Island Lady's quote of them. Beautiful!

I was missing them too! IL's quote and you mentioning it helped me catch it.  

Looks cool!

• Like 2

Here is a couple(fb) that did it during the day when Serenade was docking. I think I would like it better doing it during the day more then at night, can see more.

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'S A NT BRIDGECLIMB SYDNEY'

May be an image of boat racing and text that says 'BRIDGECLIMB SYDNEY'

No photo description available.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 10

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Does this mean that you disembark tomorrow?

13 hours ago, ringers0815 said:

Yes we do.

Hopefully, someone will pick up the mantle on the next leg and carry on your excellent photography and narratives. Thanks for taking us all along with you.😇

• Like 9

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Great photo.  Would love to do that.  Do you know if it was really strenuous Laura? 

The couple on the far left look like a couple who are doing a RTW blog . 

Nice to see John looking so well. I would be interested in how this very long voyage is affecting people health (or not).  

Everyone in the photos looks really well, congratulations to everyone.

Sue

yes that couple is living phase 2 couple but they are a few weeks behind on their blog to where the cruise is at .   Everyone is very brave to go on the bridge.  

• Like 2

We are now in Brisbane. It was a lovely cruise. The food and service were great. The disembarkation process was very efficient. No waiting in line anywhere including going through immigration and customs. We booked the shuttle going downtown ($20 each) and they took us and our luggage downtown in about 20 minutes. The drop off point is Anzac square which is right in the middle of the CBD. Our hotel was a 5 minute walk from there. Overall a great experience with Serenade right up to the end of the cruise! We will follow along if someone keeps posting on this thread. To those still onboard or rejoining later, have a great cruise!

Hélène

• Like 19
  • Thanks 15

@ringers0815 Thank you taking us along with you on your adventure and keeping us updated. The photos have been amazing! 
Enjoy the rest of your adventure in Australia. 

@CSHS1979 Thanks for posting Johns photos of the bridge climb. Absolutely fantastic! Well done to the all that completed the climb. 

Jenni

Edited by cruiselover04
  • Like 7

This looks like a pretty good concept, was thinking of @CSHS1979 and @island lady

https://villavieresidences.com/  This is even much cheaper then the Serenade World Cruise since you own the cabin itself for 15 years.

Even with the monthly fees per person, still seems like a very good deal.

This might be  even a great thing for Super Mario to look into, probably would save him ALOT of $$$.

Get on and off the ship where ever you want, even if you want to leave it empty for how ever long you want.

New Cruise Line called Villa Vie Residences. Price is pretty reasonable too. You are actually buying the cabin for 15 years and sail all over the world. Like buying a condo. They have a ship in place all ready and lots of cabins sold. Money is kept in Escrow, so no fear of losing your money.

First sailing starts March 13, 2025, they have a itinerary  in place ends December 6, 2027  and starts over again. Global Journey Every 3.5 Years with Our Long Term Cruise

Since you actually own the cabin, you can rent it out yourself anytime you want or give some weeks to family and friends. For owners there is a monthly charge, but still very reasonable.

Discover the Inside Villa 4 at Villa Vie Residences

Inside

$99,999  for cabin not per person

Monthly fees

$1750 per person for double

$2499 per person for solo

Monthly fees are fixed for the duration of purchase. Solo discounts apply.

Discover the Oceanview Villa at Villa Vie Residences

Oceanview

$149,999 for the cabin, not per person

Monthly fees

$2499 per person for double

$3999 per person for solo

Discover the Balcony Villa 4 at Villa Vie Residences

balcony

$299,999   for the cabin not per person

Monthly fees

$3999 per person for double

$6999 per person for solo

You can even go the GTY rate for $119,000 and they will assign a cabin at a later date.

guarantee options

own an oceanview villa for just $119,999

When you book a guarantee cabin, you are guaranteed to receive a cabin within the category you’ve booked or higher. The specific cabin number and location will be assigned by Villa Vie at a later time, often close to the sailing date.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, juanrod said:

yes that couple is living phase 2 couple but they are a few weeks behind on their blog to where the cruise is at .   Everyone is very brave to go on the bridge.  

The bridge climb is actually very safe, you are harnessed on so you won't be falling anywhere and just have to follow the instructions. You aren't allowed to take cameras or phones up in case they were to fall onto traffic crossing the bridge below. You get a whole different view of the harbour from up there, it's amazing.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, ringers0815 said:

We are now in Brisbane. It was a lovely cruise. The food and service were great. The disembarkation process was very efficient. No waiting in line anywhere including going through immigration and customs. We booked the shuttle going downtown ($20 each) and they took us and our luggage downtown in about 20 minutes. The drop off point is Anzac square which is right in the middle of the CBD. Our hotel was a 5 minute walk from there. Overall a great experience with Serenade right up to the end of the cruise! We will follow along if someone keeps posting on this thread. To those still onboard or rejoining later, have a great cruise!

Hélène

Thank you for all of your lovely photos and your time to keep this thread alive. I've really enjoyed checking in every day and seeing where you all are and what you are up to so hoping someone else onboard will keep posting.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ringers0815 said:

Hélène

Thank you so much for the posts and the beautiful pictures!  Enjoy your time in Australia.  Nice plans you have!   🙂 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ringers0815 said:

Hélène

Thank you so much for all the contributions you made to this thread.  Enjoy every moment of the next part of your adventure.

Hoping someone else will step up and keep us all up on the current happenings on Serenade.  I am sure it's a big job but definitely appreciated by many here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, akcruz said:

Thank you so much for all the contributions you made to this thread.  Enjoy every moment of the next part of your adventure.

Hoping someone else will step up and keep us all up on the current happenings on Serenade.  I am sure it's a big job but definitely appreciated by many here.

Me too.  And will be happy to contribute again early July, staying on then until we reach the end in Miami.  🙂  

And also my thanks for those that are still contributing.  I am doing the virtual cruiser ......following along until then.  😉 

• Like 4

Since no passenger has posted photos of their visit to Brisbane (at least not yet), here are some of my photos. Hope others post their photos of this stop and the future ones.

IMG_3212.thumb.jpeg.595d507a147d303f53517c3e01cdfffa.jpeg

IMG_3220.thumb.jpeg.a196671ab6fc81907b78f10abc9a0b4e.jpeg

IMG_3225.thumb.jpeg.817f7b0dc9143562568d9c929de4491d.jpeg

IMG_3229.thumb.jpeg.400391b14012f6bc1f693d83140ba2eb.jpeg

IMG_3241.thumb.jpeg.e5d6a4c88b8c3191826fb445ab26db92.jpeg

IMG_3257.thumb.jpeg.a3b391b6c1162dddf48693fb225ee004.jpeg

IMG_3301.thumb.jpeg.cb380712c1cdeb27f016304952d24a4b.jpeg

IMG_3284.thumb.jpeg.c7d32dcd20d8da9d57b49211d984a03c.jpeg

IMG_3283.jpeg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

We're in Airlie Beach today and I took a plane out over the Great Barrier Reef.  It was amazing!  Here are some photos we took from the plane. There's a reef that's kind of "heart shaped" -- in the pic, you'll see the shadow of the plane near the bottom of the frame. 

04AirlieBeach133.JPG

04AirlieBeach138.JPG

04AirlieBeach202.jpeg

HeartReef.JPG

• Like 41
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful pictures Lady Zolt!  Thanks for sharing.  What a great idea to do a flyover of the reef! 

Question for those of us doing the tour/tours in Paris.  The tour we have booked, tour of the landmarks and cruise with lunch on the Seine,  is just 2 days before opening ceremonies of the Olympics.  Will they still run that tour?  Have heard the city is doing some restrictions on incoming tourists to keep the crowds manageable.  Wonder if it will affect us?  

7 hours ago, LadyZolt said:

We're in Airlie Beach today and I took a plane out over the Great Barrier Reef.  It was amazing!  Here are some photos we took from the plane. There's a reef that's kind of "heart shaped" -- in the pic, you'll see the shadow of the plane near the bottom of the frame. 

04AirlieBeach133.JPG

04AirlieBeach138.JPG

04AirlieBeach202.jpeg

HeartReef.JPG

Fantastic pictures.  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, island lady said:

Beautiful pictures Lady Zolt!  Thanks for sharing.  What a great idea to do a flyover of the reef! 

Question for those of us doing the tour/tours in Paris.  The tour we have booked, tour of the landmarks and cruise with lunch on the Seine,  is just 2 days before opening ceremonies of the Olympics.  Will they still run that tour?  Have heard the city is doing some restrictions on incoming tourists to keep the crowds manageable.  Wonder if it will affect us?  

We're staying on the coast. No way I'm going onto city

• Like 5

1 hour ago, island lady said:Question for those of us doing the tour/tours in Paris.  The tour we have booked, tour of the landmarks and cruise with lunch on the Seine,  is just 2 days before opening ceremonies of the Olympics.  Will they still run that tour?  Have heard the city is doing some restrictions on incoming tourists to keep the crowds manageable.  Wonder if it will affect us?  

We have done that tour and it is fantastic - worth the long drive!  Not sure about that particular day though!  😳

• Like 1