Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

This is tonight's menu isn't it? Christmas Eve? not tomorrow nights Christmas menu isn't it?

@suzyluvs2cruise if you have a picture of tomorrow Night's  Christmas Menu, please copy and paste it here form other unnamed site you are talking about?

On our last Christmas cruise ( not that I ordered it ) but turkey was served on Christmas Day not Christmas Eve.

12 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Sapphire Princess.  Los Angeles to Buenos Aires.

Pretty wild seas right now isn't it? 12ft seas and 30 kt winds? They can't be pleasant? You are traveling pretty slow too making it even worse.

9 hours ago, orville99 said:

We typically do the WJ as well because they actually carve the whole turkey and DW can get the dark thigh and leg meat that she loves. Every time she asks for dark meat in the MDR they give her Banquet dinner “dark” meat turkey roll.

On Serenade at Thanksgiving, we went to the MDR, fiddled with what they served for a while and then went to the WJ for real turkey.

Ha, Yeah!  I'm always first in Wind Jammer for Dinners, first cuts and first to touch Utensils. Of course growing up 45-50yrs ago living with a Single Father, just the 2 of us, a fancy meal ate our house was a Turkey Loaf or Ham Loaf cooked up in Tin came in. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, orville99 said:

We havre been on RCL cruises recently where the menus changed between the time we boarded the ship and the time we went to the MDR. Theme night rotations switched, theme nights being completely replaced, and menu items missing.

Shoot I've had Meal Times change in Main Dining after we Boarded. Card's said 6pm, Cruise Compass said 6pm, hundreds of us show up to Main Dining to find out times Printed on them were wrong. Our Sailing was supposed to be 6:30 for 1st early Seating. They seated us all anyway. Doing many Fall B4B's and longer Meal times changing between Cruises happens at least once.

9 hours ago, sjb317 said:

I’ve always wondered why the WJ can bake a real turkey and even the Solarium Bistro on Oasis class has had an excellent turkey, although it was being carved at breakfast😳 but the MDR can’t seem to do it!  

I guess it could be blamed on serving a large number of people?

Sherri🙂

Yes, feeding 500-1000+ passengers a sitting in Main Dining all in 25-60min, that would be lot of Carving. 

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Big hugs to you for being so kind. Merry Christmas to you two 

Aww...thanks!  Can't help trying to comfort those that need it...human nature I think.  🙂  

And Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.  🎅

• Like 3

Merry Christmas to everyone!!  🤶

We are about to cross the equator.  Was told around 9 am ship's time.  Though we are ahead of Miami time by 2  hours......having had two time changes.  It's light by 5:30 am. 

Off to breakfast in a bit.  Another day at sea.  

20231224_054442.jpg

• Like 13

On 12/23/2023 at 9:34 AM, island lady said:

Another of the things we love about the older theaters...seats are roomy and a place to put my wine glass!!  🤗🤭

20231222_162828.jpg

Honestly hate the seats. Back is to vertical, no way to slide feet under the seat, a rocks glass won't fit in cupholder, and the bottoms slide forward.

• Like 2

Ok...we have officially crossed over.  And Captain Stig is doing a "victory lap".  Having crossed south of the equator, he has turned the ship around crossing back north and then will head back south again.  Blasting the ship's horn in celebration each time.  😄  And indeed was exactly at 9 am as predicted.  

Though technically I have already been south of the equator (honey moon in New Zealand in 1996), this is the first time I have been on a cruise ship doing so. ☺️  Still going to get that new pair of earrings. 😇

20231225_070224.jpg

20231225_070242.jpg

20231225_065759.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 13

16 hours ago, orville99 said:

We havre been on RCL cruises recently where the menus changed between the time we boarded the ship and the time we went to the MDR. Theme night rotations switched, theme nights being completely replaced, and menu items missing.

were boarding Radiance for the 5 night NYE cruise in a couple of days…..currently the app shows on day 4 NYE menu nothing but the kids menu for dinner, then the Royal menu for day 6 when everyone will be gone…🤪

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

were boarding Radiance for the 5 night NYE cruise in a couple of days…..currently the app shows on day 4 NYE menu nothing but the kids menu for dinner, then the Royal menu for day 6 when everyone will be gone…🤪

Our app showed the same.  It was not until we boarded Serenade did the actual menu come up...and sometimes it acts a bit pissy at times too.  But usually it is spot on.  🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Ok...we have officially crossed over.  And Captain Stig is doing a "victory lap".  Having crossed south of the equator, he has turned the ship around crossing back north and then will head back south again.  Blasting the ship's horn in celebration each time.  😄  And indeed was exactly at 9 am as predicted.  

Though technically I have already been south of the equator (honey moon in New Zealand in 1996), this is the first time I have been on a cruise ship doing so. ☺️  Still going to get that new pair of earrings. 😇

20231225_070224.jpg

20231225_070242.jpg

20231225_065759.jpg

I told you Capt. Stig knows how to make a personal mark on the enjoyment of a cruise!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/24/2023 at 8:00 AM, island lady said:

Moving aft on deck six, another interesting feature...of which I will use my not so great billiard skills later today...the self leveling pool tables.  

20231224_065628.jpg

I’m loving the ship tour. My first cruise as an adult (DH’s first cruise ever) was on Radiance when she was new. Such a gorgeous ship! We had a lot of fun with the self-leveling pool tables, which worked great at the time. Our second RCI cruise was on Brilliance 14 years later!

Edited by LisaLisa87

28 minutes ago, LisaLisa87 said:

I’m loving the ship tour. My first cruise as an adult (DH’s first cruise ever) was on Radiance when she was new. Such a gorgeous ship! We had a lot of fun with the self-leveling pool tables, which worked great at the time. Our second RCI cruise was on Brilliance 14 years later!

We’ve been on all 4 Radiance class ships and in fact will be boarding Radiance in a few days for NYE 🎉🥳..Our favorite class of ships!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Found this on the bed when we got back to the cabin last night.  Quite the collection of goodies! 

20231224_170744.jpg

We got the same Christmas gift package on Adventure.  It think it's a "suites" thing fleet-wide.  Those hats appear to be cute at first glance, but when you turn them over, the fabric underneath is horrible (to me).  They look like clown hats !  It was a nice thought but it would have been much nicer, (IMO) if they had just let the under side of the hats be the same nice navy blue that they have on top.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LisaLisa87 said:

Unfortunately...now they are both broken...as is a bit too many things on this ship (that IMHO should have been sent to dry dock for a month of reno before they sent her out on this WC).   

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I told you Capt. Stig knows how to make a personal mark on the enjoyment of a cruise!

Next major latitude to cross is  The Tropic of Capricorn. Maybe cross that line at a more decent hour in the afternoon so the Captain can do something more special there then he did crossing the equator.

54 minutes ago, island lady said:

Unfortunately...now they are both broken...as is a bit too many things on this ship (that IMHO should have been sent to dry dock for a month of reno before they sent her out on this WC).   

Instead, they sailed us from Miami to LA and back so we could watch them try to cover up all the broken stuff with band aids and spit😥

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1