Oh boy, dinnertime!

I'd like 

Baby beets

Crab cake

Prime rib

Hazelnut mousse cake

So these were my choices....until

9 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'll have the sushi and coconut crusted shrimp to start. I think a Riesling with these.

The prime rib (medium) and add the beets from the appies section (horse radish thing on the side)

Pair a Cab Sav with the main.

Ricotta raspberry tart for desert.

I think blueberry tea to finish.

So now, it will be the coconut shrimp and beets followed by the prime rib and coconut shrimp, and a fruit plate for dessert. I'll take the sweetest merlot available before/during the meal and Sleepytime tea with my fruit plate.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

If there was any real crab in the crab cakes last night, it’s a surprise to this Maryland lad. Pure mush.

Agreed.  I am embarrassed that it is described as “Baltimore style”. No blue crab lumps, no old bay.  I have brought this up to numerous chefs during coffee talks and always make note of it on the post cruise survey.  I feel sorry for people who order it but I feel worse for people who have never had the opportunity to experience a real Baltimore crabcake.IMG_8721.jpeg.84ec28892e97e64b61e43217230c8c20.jpeg

• Like 6

20 hours ago, akcruiser21 said:

Thank you for all of the commentary and sharing your experience! I am hoping on the Nieuw Statendam's next voyage (after yours) and am excited for my first HAL cruise. 

Welcome to HAL! Be sure to check out Grand Dutch Cafe and enjoy your cruise!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roz said:

The chairs look like the kind you would find at a casual dining venue such as Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel. 

I have eaten in both CB and Bob Evans.  The chairs there are wooden ladderback type hard chairs. 🤔🤔🤔

I have yet to be on the Rotterdam, but what is wrong with the chairs there?  I have seen photos and they look very comfortable.  Better than the chairs we had on the N. Statendam, which were more casual, like kitchen chairs.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

I have eaten in both CB and Bob Evans.  The chairs there are wooden ladderback type hard chairs. 🤔🤔🤔

I have yet to be on the Rotterdam, but what is wrong with the chairs there?  I have seen photos and they look very comfortable.  Better than the chairs we had on the N. Statendam, which were more casual, like kitchen chairs.

From the pictures I've seen, the chairs in CO on the Rotterdam are different from the ones on NS. Yes, better and comfortable. 🤔 I have not been on Rotterdam, so my experience is on NS last cruise - hard, wooden and do not lend themselves to a 2 hr+ dinner.😪

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

It’s that time of night for What’s for Dinner?

Second night on Club Orange and NO Close b Orange Special??????

IMG_5207.jpeg

IMG_5207.jpeg

Oh Lisa. I am so late to the party, I knew you were going of course from Facebook, but wasn't sure I'd be able to read your LiveFrom, one question, are the chicken dishes that say white meat actually white meat?  Because the last couple of cruises they subbed dark meat and didn't bother changing the menus.  Poor DD, he didn't eat much on that trip. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

Nothing is wrong with the Rotterdam chairs.  Their CO is quite nice and comfortable.  Aim to eat in the more aft portion as it is quieter (glassed in wherein the forward part’s slats are open.  Not sure why)

A lot of people think the Rotterdam has the nicest CO since it was not originally the test kitchen.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Good Evening, sorry been missing in action.

i will write a review of our excursion to St John, Which was excellent 👍🏻

Right now it’s that time of night to play What Would you Order for Dinner?

IMG_5262.jpeg

IMG_5263.jpeg

French Onion Soup, Filet Mignon and Lobster, Chocolate Tart, and Coffee

• Like 2

Chairs on Rotterdam are comfy - like the ones on Koningsdam.  Only NS has the ones that make you sit up straight!

Rotterdam has a different setup altogether, as it was designed as CO, not the America's Test Kitchen.  

IMG_2645.thumb.jpeg.610646805eef307ecf36084e1cd5f072.jpeg

IMG_2644.thumb.jpeg.6db15ab084f505beaed9d910734ef977.jpeg

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Tonight all 6 of us had Caesar Salad, then  Marcia and I had the Lemon Shrimp Fettuccine and Marcia and I also both got the No sugar added Almond Fruit cake. Tom had the 10 oz NY Steak and Chocolate Sundae. 
Marcia’s who we all call Mama tried the Morimoto Lobster. I think Mama was ok with it but it certainly was not what I expected. The taste of Red Peppers was extremely strong . I would definitely not order it.
The first picture is the Lobster Morimoto here on NS

I will also post a picture of our little group.

IMG_5267.jpeg

IMG_5266.jpeg

IMG_5268.jpeg

IMG_5269.jpeg

IMG_5270.jpeg

IMG_5271.jpeg

IMG_5272.jpeg

IMG_0332.jpeg

IMG_5273.jpeg

• Like 16

As I mentioned before, Marcia Tom and I did a tour today that took us to St John’s USVI, and a drive through the National Park. 
This was actually a nice tour. While the boat ride over was a bit rough, it was smooth sailing on the return.

I only wish we would have had more time after the tour in St John’s 

IMG_5226.jpeg

IMG_7894.jpeg

IMG_5229.jpeg

IMG_5230.jpeg

IMG_5231.jpeg

IMG_7904.jpeg

IMG_7905.jpeg

IMG_5235.jpeg

IMG_5236.jpeg

IMG_5238.jpeg

IMG_5239.jpeg

IMG_5243.jpeg

IMG_5245.jpeg

IMG_5247.jpeg

IMG_5248.jpeg

IMG_5251.jpeg

IMG_5252.jpeg

IMG_5258.jpeg

IMG_5259.jpeg

IMG_5260.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, atexsix said:

Oh Lisa. I am so late to the party, I knew you were going of course from Facebook, but wasn't sure I'd be able to read your LiveFrom, one question, are the chicken dishes that say white meat actually white meat?  Because the last couple of cruises they subbed dark meat and didn't bother changing the menus.  Poor DD, he didn't eat much on that trip. 

Unfortunately I am not sure, I do not believe any of us has ordered a chicken dish yet this week. But it sounds like something they would do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

From the pictures I've seen, the chairs in CO on the Rotterdam are different from the ones on NS. Yes, better and comfortable. 🤔 I have not been on Rotterdam, so my experience is on NS last cruise - hard, wooden and do not lend themselves to a 2 hr+ dinner.😪

Sorry, I misunderstood your statement in post #169.  You made it sound like your qwere talking about the chairs on the Rotterdam.  And then follow-up from cbr663 and Roz seemed to confirm. 😁  Looking forward to trying the chairs on the Rotterdam in May.

For what it is worth, I did not find the chairs as uncomfortable on the N. Statendam as I thought they would be.  We also did not mind the tall tables, although I was at first adamant about not being seated at them.  Had read how terrible they were here on CC.  The tall tables near the windows ended up being our favorite seats, although they were hard to push into and away from the table top.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1