kazu

Posted (edited)

Zombie Blood cocktail:

Ingredients
1 tsp Grenadine 1 oz Lime juice 1 oz Orange juice
1 oz Pineapple juice 1/2 oz Apricot brandy
1 1/2 oz Rum, dark
1 oz Rum, white

Build in old-fashioned glass. Zest and squeeze lemon peel. Add ice and stir.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 8.47.05 AM.png

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 12

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Festival of Sleep - I wish! I am a big Tolkien fan. Remember you die day I suppose is to reflect on our lives. Good quote. I like the meal. Pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Richards Bay. 4 important days in history.

It's 31 and cloudy. A little snow tomorrow, but we'll see what we get this weekend. Sleep eluded me last night as I couldn't get comfortable. I got about 2.5 hours. I have my Rheumatology appointment this morning. Then I need to read the contract for my house repair. 3 rooms downstairs will get the floors sanded, stained and sealed, in order that they match. We're going to wait until the spring, as to replace the radiator, the boiler will need to be drained and we don't want to do that in the cold of winter. 

Bon Voyage to all our dailyites embarking on cruises today!

@aliaschief Safe travels.

@Denise T Great job on better eating and moving more.

@kazu Great news about Ivan; he's lucky to have you as his Mom! Good luck with physio today.

@rafinmd Thanks for the maps.

@StLouisCruisers Enjoying the travelogue. I love the penguin pendant.

@smitty34877 I'm glad you had a good day there yesterday and that you were able to relax.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers to those Celebrating.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

Big Bon Voyage wishes to all our Dailyites today boarding their Grand voyages.  I know you will all have a GRAND time!

25 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

I absolutely love reading your posts!  They are informative without being teachy & give me a real flavor of what you're experiencing.  Please keep it up!

Thank you so much!  So nice of you to say.  I have several more days at South Georgia Island which was a very interesting experience and I think you'll like those too.

11 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Festival of Sleep - I wish! I am a big Tolkien fan. Remember you die day I suppose is to reflect on our lives. Good quote. I like the meal. Pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Richards Bay. 4 important days in history.

It's 31 and cloudy. A little snow tomorrow, but we'll see what we get this weekend. Sleep eluded me last night as I couldn't get comfortable. I got about 2.5 hours. I have my Rheumatology appointment this morning. Then I need to read the contract for my house repair. 3 rooms downstairs will get the floors sanded, stained and sealed, in order that they match. We're going to wait until the spring, as to replace the radiator, the boiler will need to be drained and we don't want to do that in the cold of winter. 

Bon Voyage to all our dailyites embarking on cruises today!

@aliaschief Safe travels.

@Denise T Great job on better eating and moving more.

@kazu Great news about Ivan; he's lucky to have you as his Mom! Good luck with physio today.

@rafinmd Thanks for the maps.

@StLouisCruisers Enjoying the travelogue. I love the penguin pendant.

@smitty34877 I'm glad you had a good day there yesterday and that you were able to relax.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers to those Celebrating.

Thanks Vanessa.  I just love my little penguin!  I'm sad to hear your sleep hours decreased again last night.  Maybe a bit nervous about your Rheumatology appointment.  I hope when the repairs begin on the house that it all goes smoothly.  Good luck today!

• Like 20

Good morning, everyone!

Sleep was elusive again last night, but not as bad as the night before.  I think I drifted off around 2:00 am and slept until 8:00 am.  I'm not sure what the problem is, but I hope it resolves soon.  

The electricians are coming this morning to install some light fixtures outdoors and to fix the installation of our dining room fixture.  I have an appointment at the spine and pain clinic this afternoon.  I have to get the order for PT renewed as I had to cancel it due to my surgery.  

Speaking of surgery,  @JazzyV Vanessa, you can take me off the list as I am about 80% there.  The last little bit is soreness and it decreases greatly each day.  I don't think the sleeplessness has anything to do with the surgery.  That is its own malady.  

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 27

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I did sleep in a little this morning - instead of getting up as soon as I woke, I decided to just stay in bed so I didn't disturb DH.  Well, that paid off - another hour and a half of sleep and I'm ready for the day.   We all know that our time is finite, and should be thankful for each day we're given.

Bon Voyage to all our Daily family who are embarking on voyages today - I'm excited for all of you.  And safe travels to those heading to ports for their cruises as well.

A busy day for us - DH had a call from an old student (from the 1980's) who just wanted to catch up, so they're getting together for coffee.  This fellow is heavily involved in beekeeping and has developed a new type of bee hive - he was invited by the King of Jordan to come to Jordan to teach people there about bees and his creation.  I'm sure DH will enjoy the visit with him this morning.  Then later in the afternoon he's got coffee with his bandmates - sure hope some of the coffee is decaf, or he's going to be up until 3AM!

Thank you @JazzyV for the mention of my appointment with the orthopedic surgeon this afternoon.  Some days are better than others, so I'm thinking he might just prescribe pain meds and perhaps physio, but what do I know, I'm not a doctor.   However, I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express one time.

I'd like to try the drink of the day, would like to try the menu suggestion, and will give a hard pass on the white wine . . . fermented with oysters?   I've got some ground beef thawing that will be turned into an easy dinner of quesadillas for us to enjoy at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in wars not of their making.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 24
  • Haha 1

To all the Dailyites who are boarding their ships today, I hope everyone has a wonderful time.

@Cat in my lap  BON VOYAGE!

Ship.png.7a3277158e284c770245a9dcf6d7e6cb.png

@ottahand7  BON VOYAGE!

BonVoyage.png.c50c2880436dd19aa26ebb8f287418e5.png

@cruising sister  BON VOYAGE!

BonVoyage.png.2ac615340658aa7dc52c924f6c9d99f5.png

@durangoscots  BON VOYAGE!

images(3).jpg.09b629ed3cbb4e00cda0f3db51bf73ca.jpg

@Cruising-along  BON VOYAGE!

bvmeme.jpg.3394e1638b3eba58dbbce1f0da4dc400.jpg

@Cruisercl  BON VOYAGE!

images.jpg.cebcf066d81de364986891ab3ad56caa.jpg

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Sad morning for me as I disembark the Zuiderdam!

IMG_4033.thumb.jpeg.02129ecfcff8cda91e6afe2acaab6a6a.jpeg

I will celebrate sleep when I get home tonight in my own bed. Interesting quote and I will pass on the food and liquids today. Never been to the port and WOW!  A lot of momentous days in history. 

IMG_4035.thumb.jpeg.f1210ffe65216f78ed3555c4312a18a0.jpegIMG_4031.thumb.jpeg.f7d5d23f974b05f7cf2dcab22c8ea904.jpeg

I had a good day yesterday but the wind was really blowing. The captain said it was the hardest docking he has done; he had to abort it and start again. And while docked the waves kept slamming into the ship. 

I did go ashore to the beach even though it was cool. I even got into the water but the waves were powerful and knocked me down. Consequently I lost my prescription sunglasses. Oh well. I needed a new pair anyway. Finally dinner at the lido was delicious. 

IMG_4002.thumb.jpeg.592575efc39a55d95ab3150b904ff9a0.jpegIMG_3995.thumb.jpeg.a99795295fd4dde540ed2fc62daa3a99.jpeg

As I was talking with a new friend and her father last, they mentioned a grandson/ great nephew worked in the Marshall Islands as a teacher. I know a teacher I worked with a couple years ago who was there teaching so I texted my friend to see if he knew him. By golly they are colleagues working in the same school!   Small world!!

I am sitting in the shuttle waiting to get to the airport. 2 planes to get home at 2130. Long day. 

Thoughts for all and for those going on world cruises I am so envious!!  I wish I could have stayed on the Zuiderdam!  

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone.  Finally, a light dusting of snow overnight here in northern Michigan so that you can tell that it actually is Winter!  The snow machines at Boyne Mountain have been working overtime the past few days trying to make up for the dismal holiday week.  This is the perfect place to celebrate the festival of sleep with nothing but the deer and birds to interrupt your nap!  I like the quote very much as well as the meal suggestion.  I’d taste the drink but it’s probably not something that I would order in a bar or restaurant.  I haven’t been to today’s port. Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today.  Bon voyage to all of our world cruisers and cheers to those of you who are celebrating happy events! 🍾🥂🛳️

• Like 20

Good morning from a very cloudy Quartzsite.  The clouds are giving us a beautiful sunrise, but it's too cold to go out and take a picture.  It 41F with a predicted high of 60F.  There is a chance of rain this afternoon.  The best way I know to get it to rain is to hang the towels out to dry, but I'll probably dry them in the dryer today.  Today is housecleaning day, and I better get started soon.  I try to do the living room and a couple of others before DH gets up.

I guess DH is enjoying Festival of Sleep, and since we've been here, my sleep has improved.  I have not read any J.R.R. Tolkien books, so I'll let others celebrate that day.  The last day is an interesting day, and the last year or two have brought the realization that our time is limited to us to the forefront.

The quote is a good one, and I hope I can create more of what I want.

We'll pass on the meal, for today, the drink and the wine.

We have not been to Richards Bay.

Four good in history to celebrate, and they all changed the world in some way.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm glad Ivan was such a good boy yesterday.  Not only a few months, but a wonderful "mom" made all the difference in Ivan.  He is a very lucky dog.

@grapau27  Graham, thanks for the explanations of the days today.

@Denise T  Denise. good luck at the dentist today.  Congratulations on the weight loss and lowering your blood sugar.

@marshhawk  Annie, best wishes for your DH when he has his infusion.  Safe travels to and from the appointment.  I hope Bubbles will continue to improve.

@StPeteCruiser  Enjoy your last day on board Zaandam.  That is good news about picking up the man on the disabled sailboat.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm glad you were able to relax yesterday with the aide there to help Tana.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I hope the doctor today can help you.

@dfish  Debbie, that is good news you're 80% recovered.  Good luck at the spine and pain clinic today.

@Nickelpenny  Pennie, I'm glad you enjoyed your beach day yesterday.  Safe travels home today.

@ger_77  Gerry, good luck at the appointment today.  I hope the doctor has some ideas to try before resorting to surgery.

356677636_650432620451745_1822892462699767036_n.thumb.jpg.2056659943d735551cf0f9d999d85831.jpg

414049569_1796973787410575_3447295954345631253_n.jpg.7263cb560a06fa867886c981fd1f3e52.jpg

415834743_1420904478464326_3689029272254843705_n.jpg.2583e3c2bec126490550371157aa086b.jpg

416093754_350787237715275_2531079894622277158_n.jpg.7166e156601e906fb4daeb5c94039943.jpg

416112553_2067204823666477_420149292007724473_n.thumb.jpg.a9298f7f77d059cf93abbb15b82694eb.jpg

Lenda

415006476_10159241608421431_5693591190616499047_n.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 12

Good Morning from another sunny but cool day at the beach

A very big BON VOYAGE to all of our Dailylites embarking on cruises today. I wish you all a wonderful, safe and healthy journey.  Stay in touch when you can.

Richards Bay is on our booked 2025 WC so hopefully someone will have some pictures.

Goulash is a favorite in my family. DH makes a good one. I will have to show him todays recipes to see if they are similar.

Have a library meeting this afternoon. Will be interesting.  We will be taking down all the decorations today. We thought if we waited until today, we may get a few more helpers. LOL

@Denise T Good for you! Keep up the good work. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Just boarded. We are on our way. Thanks for the Report. TSA searched both our carry on bags which probably looked like a traveling pharmacy.

Finally our day has arrived. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.73d7b6705e881da00efc4523860bf4af.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e0a790d0989a3dbe6452103c2c43ff27.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.15967489bbc5c6655d21cf5b47256c50.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.573bd33c4cf82d0b4508648cefa32fd0.jpegimage.jpeg.b5e148a2202fc85ebb447ccd46652bbf.jpegimage.jpeg.afdf1abcba715c78c0993e02a111901b.jpeg

And before someone asked, No that is not me sitting on the chair! 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Zombie Blood cocktail:

Ingredients
1 tsp Grenadine 1 oz Lime juice 1 oz Orange juice
1 oz Pineapple juice 1/2 oz Apricot brandy
1 1/2 oz Rum, dark
1 oz Rum, white

Build in old-fashioned glass. Zest and squeeze lemon peel. Add ice and stir.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 8.47.05 AM.png

Does anyone want to have this drink with me? 😳IMG_1555.thumb.png.e0e066c3e66900ed2a3cae4259f7aa87.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

58 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

To all the Dailyites who are boarding their ships today, I hope everyone has a wonderful time.

@Cat in my lap  BON VOYAGE!

Ship.png.7a3277158e284c770245a9dcf6d7e6cb.png

@ottahand7  BON VOYAGE!

BonVoyage.png.c50c2880436dd19aa26ebb8f287418e5.png

@cruising sister  BON VOYAGE!

BonVoyage.png.2ac615340658aa7dc52c924f6c9d99f5.png

@durangoscots  BON VOYAGE!

images(3).jpg.09b629ed3cbb4e00cda0f3db51bf73ca.jpg

@Cruising-along  BON VOYAGE!

bvmeme.jpg.3394e1638b3eba58dbbce1f0da4dc400.jpg

@Cruisercl  BON VOYAGE!

images.jpg.cebcf066d81de364986891ab3ad56caa.jpg

Lenda

Ditto!!!!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Visited our dermatologist this morning, had a specious spot we've been watching for awhile.  She wanted to take a biopsy and I said fine as long as it will heal by the end of the month as I'm going on a cruise  😁

hoping the biopsy turns out to be nothing 🙏🏻 

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Visited our dermatologist this morning, had a specious spot we've been watching for awhile.  She wanted to take a biopsy and I said fine as long as it will heal by the end of the month as I'm going on a cruise  😁

I hope it's nothing too!

• Like 16

Every day is Festival of Sleep day for the other residents of my house.

I grew up in a city with a significant Hungarian population, and they probably made real goulash. Goulash was starting to catch on among other people, but none of us knew from Hungarian paprika. I didn't have good goulash until I was a student in Vienna, where many refugees from Hungary in 1956 seemed to have been or become cooks.

I don't think I'm allowed to drink the blood of anything, including zombies. Oyster-fermented wine wouldn't be allowed either, but there is good Sauvignon Blanc in the Finger Lakes and I'll suggest Buttonwood Grove's 2021. I haven't been to South Africa.

With the downstairs furnace working, I was able to think about my travel arrangements. I've made restaurant reservations for the weekend: Friday dinner near Central Synagogue, Saturday brunch near Lincoln Center since I have a ticket for a 1:00 performance, and Saturday dinner near my hotel because it could be snowing by then.

crowbar.thumb.jpg.1dad5139d88151fef107d451d2222c58.jpg

• Like 18
  • Haha 2

Good rainy morning in San Diego,

I hope the rain stops before I walk across the street to board.  My body is still on CST and I saw the Volendam come in this morning. So many of us are on various cruises to get away from the winter blahs.

Prayers and well wishes.  Have a great day

IMG_0378.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2