The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday, January 8th, 2024

kazu

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thought about staying elsewhere.  Called a few places and all are full.  Just not going without a reservation.  Just will have to suck it up and drive carefully. Will do the best I can.

Not a happy thought.

Thanks for the advice.

Terri

Terri, though I am South of Jacksonville, the worst weather is supposed to come in the afternoon. So it might not hit Jacksonville until late morning.

But the wind is supposed to start early. And you will have to deal with 95 in very strong wind gusts. So be extra careful. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon from a very soggy Pacific Northwest!

I've been out and busy today. I had the pool from 9:30 - noon with a more energetic aerobics class and then an arthritis class. I stopped in at WM as it's right near the health club and then a stop at Fred Meyer so now I'm good to stay home and relax until Wednesday when it's back at the pool. 

No bubble baths since I just have a large shower and may have a pair of socks with an argyle pattern. The soup looks interesting. I have some friends that like to come for soup and homemade rolls so will print off one of the recipes. DD DH loved soup especially the cold ones on a BHB. 

Nothing else too exciting - laundry, some house cleaning, and time on cross-stitch and a jigsaw puzzle will round out the day. 

Karen

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

When I was a child we had deep snow every winter.

Now we just get days of continuous rain with our milder temperatures now.

Do you remember not being able to see through the window because it was frozen on the inside?

Better insulation is good, but global warming is bad.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I really wasn't expecting problems today and don't expect any although I was on the table a lot longer than expected.  The big question is how much good it will do and that will take some time to find out.

I won't say any more for a whie as I am 40 minutes away from 3 meetings, will surely be tired when I get home, and will run my errands tomorrow early to try to stay ahead of the coming storm.

The computer ate my finance report so I had to recreate it when I got to the station.

Roy

Roy, I glad there were not problems today, but I'm sorry you were on the table longer than expected.  I hope by the end of the sessions, there will be some improvement.

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Greetings from the lovely Volendam!

We’re having an amazing time, loving every minute. 

Meeting our fellow Dailyites and sailing again with Rich has been a big plus too. Last night we spent some time with Rich at the Island Dream party and we’ll have dinner tonight with him in the Pinnacle Grill. Tonight is the pop-up Tamarind night. 😀. If any other Dailyites would like to join us please let us know. The more the merrier 🙂🙂

I’ll put out a message on Navigator too. 

Tomorrow we will reach Honolulu. We have an all-day private tour and are looking forward to that. 

IMG_1520.jpeg.99b7379b9f75b60342f7163b720d16ca.jpeg

Carolyn, I'm glad the cruise is going well.  It helps when you know people on the cruise.  Enjoy Honolulu and your tour tomorrow.

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Tonight suddenly became a terrible night.  Amelia passed tonight.  Based on what happened the doctor thinks it was her heart.  The house will not be the same.

image.thumb.png.fd8770a5a11410afd5594299f856f704.png

I am so sad to hear this news.  She was a beautiful cat, and I can only imagine how much she will be missed.  My sincere sympathies.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Tonight suddenly became a terrible night.  Amelia passed tonight.  Based on what happened the doctor thinks it was her heart.  The house will not be the same.

Oh Jake, I'm so sorry. I always pray for our fur babies as they cross the rainbow bridge. My heart is with you and Juan. 😔 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I am so sorry to hear this. It is always so hard to lose them.Sending hugs

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Jake, I'm so very sorry that Amelia crossed the Rainbow Bridge tonight.  She was a beautiful girl, and I know you and Juan will miss her terribly.  Hugs to both of you as I know she and your fur babies were and are a big part of the family.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

@Crazy For Cats so sorry for your unexpected loss.  Amelia sure was a beauty.  I hope your other cats are doing ok. 

As soon as I got home Tucker hopped into my lap and tried to make me feel better.  Mona is now beside me keeping me company. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 8

58 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I am sorry to hear about Amelia; she looks like a wonderful baby. No, a house is not same w/o our loved ones, no matter the species. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

The espresso bar didn’t have any.

I'm so sorry!   I'm sure you'll find some somewhere tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Jake, I am so sorry to hear of Amelia's passing.  I am glad the rest of the family is sticking close by to help you through this difficult time.   They also need the comfort of being close to you.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, caribbeanboy said:

What's Rotterdam next port of call? She is right now in Curaçao, and on Wednesday Bonaire but don't see her on Aruba Port schedule tomorrow.

The Rotterdam shows nothing on the schedule until Wednesday in Bonaire.  I guess she will just sail in circles slowly until then.    Welcome to the Daily!

• Like 6

@Crazy For CatsI am so sorry you lost your  beautiful Amelia. 😿

We left Roatan right on time and will get to Belize City early to beat the 4 other ships going to be in port.   We will have earlier shore excursions tomorrow too.  Enjoying the Michigan game in our cabin.  Go Wolverines! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1