The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday March 27th,

kazu

Today is American Red Cross Giving Day, International Day of Scribble, and International Whiskey Day

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me. - Fred Allen

Meal Suggestion for today - Greek Yogurt Hollandaise
Drink of the Day - Captain's Castaway
Wine of the Day - Matua Lighter Sauvignon Blanc
Destination of the Day - Falmouth, England, United Kingdom 

Today in History:
1513 Spaniard Juan Ponce de Leon and his expedition first sight Florida
1914 1st successful non-direct blood transfusion is performed by Dr. Albert Hustin in Brussels

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 7:00-15:00 

Koningsdam

Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico Riviera 08:00 - 20:00 

Nieuw Amsterdam

Grand Cayman Island, George Town Harbour 08:00 - 15:00 

Nieuw Statendam

Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos 08:00 - 17:00 

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Manta, Ecuador eta 03-28

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Half Moon Cay, Bahamas eta 03-28

Volendam

Papeete, Tahiti Island French Polynesia - 17:00 

Zaandam

Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico Riviera 09:00 - 17:00 

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Lyttelton-Christchurch, New Zealand 08:00 - 17:00 

Westerdam

Kobe-Osaka, Kyoto, Japan - 20:00 

Zuiderdam

Colombo, Sri Lanka 08:00 - 23:00

• Like 18
  • Thanks 26

Good morning friends!  Here we have a temperature of 52F and the rain is over however it looks misty and wet outside.  Today will be 73, partly cloudy this morning and full sun this afternoon.  Yesterday we had some heavy wind at times which broke a large branch off our next door neighbor's tree.  That tree has been in distress for some time now and he may have to take it down and plant a new one.🌳

Thanks to Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps today.  A good day to give to the American Red Cross.  Let's get creative and scribble!  For the whiskey lovers you have your own day.  The quote is funny, and it's interesting our "meal" is Greek Yogurt Hollandaise!  No idea if I'd like the drink but the wine might be pretty good.  It was a long time ago that Ponce de León  discovered Florida.  A huge day in the medical world with that blood transfusion in 1914.  Thank you Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports today.

Prayers for our Care list folks, first responders around the world, Israel and Ukraine, hostages held since October 7, the men and women of our military in war zones, my DB, great nephew Alex's twin boys and my friends coping with illness and caretaking.  Hoping for improvement in all your health issues and worries! 🙏 For those cruising and celebrating special events I wish you a very good day. 🥂 Enjoy! 🚢 Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for keeping the lists for us all.  Praying for you each day!

The port today is Falmouth, England.  We stopped there on our final Prinsendam voyage in May 2019.  This was the port of the day three prior times on Dec. 20, 2021, May 11, 2022 and April 22, 2023.  Here are the links.  Photos will follow afterwards.

March is rushing by so try to enjoy your final Wednesday of the month.  Stay safe and keep well everyone!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 6

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report.

We had some thunderstorms overnight and early this morning. It is currently 63 here, with an expected high of 70 this afternoon. The weekend and next week's forecast are for 80 - 85 daily. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

IMG_0880.JPG

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

On May 8, 2019 we enjoyed a little visit to Falmouth, England.  It was cloudy with a chance of rain but we had found if we took our Prinsendam umbrella (which was conveniently placed in the walk-in closet) the raindrops stayed away.  That's what happened this day, too.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ2rNG1wTxFI22OpADYWmVu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558787182

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLgFzqHdJxC4Az4WNGdlLU1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558787189

I was surprised to see an American flag on the dock.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLQhxHpR1giKXBH4rH4b_hq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558787202

We walked downtown enjoying the scenes along the main street of town.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJCeFQ8Ji0Xmz3eNIqo8GFV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558787218

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIPflNKRZAQlaRa1MNQzKbT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794250

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKX059BRxbIACsvyJyMqz-O?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794253

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJCLU1wNHqYfQkumgwEoYPT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558788892

According to the sign on the window, this shop had award-winning pasties  They looked good to me!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI8enN14iIP-6JrR8hkKu6r?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794260

At the far end of the street we came upon a lovely little wharf area.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLdm5fCG7I8NDFPIWiSvr0k?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794263

Across the water was this view which I just loved.  The varying colors of green on the hillside, the large homes along the water, and all the beautiful sailboats made a very pleasing picture.  I used this photo as the cover of my Shutterfly photo book of this cruise.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLf9ApRElcJau3VLx7Z1sok?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794264

And here we have a local ferry!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPrQRhDH4PGfLLEMQKpjBX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558788933

Not so big, is it?  I wonder how far the ride was?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVID7B2-PkZqDcK6LPxwKf-T?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558788939

We walked around a little further.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIzUuwvqaJap4bNYtmeYEZc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558788968

I noticed this little fella had a band around his leg.  They're keeping track of seagulls?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI9pkAv5irSonwLu09NqbT2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558788984

We went up to this point in town and turned back towards our home away from home, the Prinsendam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKXRNYXDq387ynRhUDV5Nh8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794279

Nearer the ship was this line of row homes, all of different colors.  They really caught your eye.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKS8XQ3x0wkjGuxTT3jkHt8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794286

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKi1-HpCcw-83W1pzt7UERE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794284

And a boat full of rowers00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIo-Lm-VpYOsrXQbf_T-BQ1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789036

Leaving port that evening we sailed by this manor.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJEEAquU5VGtP-0Qr9trEnA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789100

And this lighthouse.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLJvMCA1vJMc9T-jEQmQytM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789121

An enjoyable day was had by all!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 13

Good morning everyone.  It’s misty and gray here this morning.  Thanks for the daily report.  A busy day here.  I need to go into my old office after getting a frantic call last evening from my replacement who needs direction on a project that is due Friday.  We’re also packing as we’re taking Amtrak’s Lake Shore Limited to Chicago tomorrow to spend time with my family over Easter.  Busy, busy.  Three nice days for us to celebrate.  My penmanship has devolved into a scribble so I’ve got that covered.  The quote is pretty funny.  Think I’ll pass on the sauce for a meal.  The drink could be nice.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone who is celebrating a happy event today!

• Like 29

Posted (edited)

Today’s Care List:

AncientWanerer’s DGD Coco with strep and scarlet fever

Dfish’s River with a respiratory illness; also trauma from family situation

Seasick Sailor’s DH Allen with abnormal lab results

JazzyV with R leg pain, numbness

2 crew members killed due to steam line bursting on Nieuw Amsterdam

Baltimore Key Bridge collapse, 6 people presumed dead, RIP

Victims in Moscow concert shooting

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza; Haiti unrest

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues

AncientWanderer’s DH with heart aneurysm

Mr. Boston’s friend Lauren with aggressive cancer, in hospice care

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome Home Crazy For Cats (Jake & Juan)!

Cat shepherd’s DSis released to home and doing well

USN59-79 in Taipei

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for Smmessineo (Rotterdam Mar 29 to Apr 7) 9d S. Caribbean Wayfarer

2 days for POA1 & Huskerchick (Rotterdam Mar 29 to Apr 7) 9d S. Caribbean Wayfarer

3 days for Ocean sounds (Zaandam Mar 30 to Apr 13) 14d Solar Eclipse & Mexican Riviera

4 days for Sailingdutchy (Nieuw Statendam Mar 31 to April 7) B2B 7d E. Caribbean + (Nieuw Statendam Apr 7 to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure

Scrapnana (Rotterdam to Mar 29) 12d E. Caribbean Wayfarer, Suslor (Zaandam to Mar 30) 14d Panama Canal, Lazey1 (Koningsdam to Mar 30) 7d Mexico,  RedneckBob (Nieuw Statendam to March 31) 7d E. Caribbean, GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam to Apr 6) B2B 7d Mexico + 7d Pacific Coastal, Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 26

Good morning.  Happy Hump Day.  Thanks for the Report.

Cool and windy again today with a chance of showers or flurries.  Brrr

A big thank you to the Red Cross.  I think my handwriting sometimes looks like scribbles.  Is that Whiskey Day or Whisky Day or both?

Amusing quote.

Not sure about the "meal".  I hope the drink will be tasty, I know I'll like the wine.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for the pictures from Falmouth, they bring back wonderful memories of our visit last year. 

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.  Stay safe.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Good Wednesday morning. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Rainy today. Not much going on except the usual, class work and seeing clients this afternoon. 

Today my thoughts are for the 6 construction workers who are believed to have died after the Baltimore bridge collapse. They were just working and now they are gone. I pray for their families. 

Thinking of all on the care list for today.

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Kickass Funny Wednesday Memes To Make Hump Day Better Funny | My XXX ...

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.

It is partly sunny at the beach after a nice church service this morning.

I laughed at today's quote.

We sailed into Falmouth on MSC Virtuoso in April 2023 and got a shuttle to the nearby Weymouth.

I hope everyone is well.

IMG_20240327_104725.jpg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors!

RNB reports again on another great day at sea, heading for Grand Turks this 8 am for the ultimate snorkeling adventure.

Well last nite I had a surprise. Got to the cabin, went to the bathroom to do my business and suddenly the lights went out. Total darkness. I forgot these new dam ships require a key in a slot by the door to keep the lights on. Sorry for the pun, but that was a crapper!

Also went to Pinnacle Grill for lunch yesterday and the PG was only 25% full! I guess with +400 kids on board there prefer to run around ship, splash in pools and yell all night in lieu of having lunch in the PG. But who I am I too judge.

Well, that’s all for now. Tomorrow my Celebrity Deja vu cruise from last week.

RNB out.

PS: We we’re not alone!

IMG_1774.thumb.jpeg.22ce10fb7daaa34cd82b5e36b5932ef5.jpegIMG_1749.thumb.jpeg.c79c8794cb74d8db1d096b5d31ce6f0b.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is partly sunny at the beach after a nice church service this morning.

I laughed at today's quote.

We sailed into Falmouth on MSC Virtuoso in April 2023 and got a shuttle to the nearby Weymouth.

I hope everyone is well.

IMG_20240327_104725.jpg

I hope you shared your coffee with those people by the water! 😀😀

• Like 11
  • Haha 8

Just now, RedneckBob said:

I hope you shared your coffee with those people by the water! 😀😀

They were the local Ramblers association.

There is a cafe 100 metres away from where I was parked.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Captain’s Castaway cocktail:

The "Captain's Castaway" cocktail is a tropical drink that is perfect for sipping on a hot summer day. This refreshing cocktail is a delicious blend of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, pineapple juice, and coconut water. The flavors of the spiced rum and tropical fruit combine to create a drink that is both sweet and tangy, with just the right amount of kick. Whether you are relaxing on the beach or hanging out by the pool, the Captain's Castaway is the perfect drink to help you unwind and enjoy the sunshine.

Ingredients:

1 oz lime juice
4 oz. pineapple juice
1 oz simple syrup
2 oz spiced rum
2 oz coconut water

Directions:

In a shaker with ice add the Spiced Rum, Pineapple, Coconut Water, lime juice, and simple syrup in the shaker.  Shake the ingredients together until well combined.
Strain the mixture into a tall glass filled with ice and garnish with a pineapple wedge.

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 6.41.35 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 16

Posted (edited)

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Jacqui. Roy thank you for the maps and the additional information about the Key Bridge disaster.  It is a bit cloudy, but if the marine layer burns off the way yesterday’s did, it will be a gorgeous day. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with us in spite of what you are going through. I am not sure I could do it. Praying you get permanent relief with the next step. 

The last of my visitors left yesterday, so Bindi’s & my lives will return to normal with a couple of check ins with my Sister & Brayden. Bindi walks, manicure, chores & HIIT class will keep me busy. 

Vanessa, I believe you can take my Sister off the lists!🤞🏻 The rest of her journey is up to her. 

IMG_2642.jpeg.b9874872e5d0b59bd86882b358e49543.jpeg

IMG_2629.jpeg.2019e925d5ddd33dd3bfceccda463096.jpeg

IMG_2657.jpeg.5109d8636c8d95d3de9e1549d6903748.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Those suffering from pain, debilitating conditions, the loss of a loved one, trauma. The caregivers. Terry, thinking of you & Tana.

Cheers to all who are celebrating. 

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Matua Lighter Sauvignon Blanc

This SB sounds perfect for a hot, humid Summer day/evening. I appreciate the distributor’s info about New Zealand’s different wine growing regions. Easy to find, priced to try - online prices started at $8.97.

Distributor notes

Matua Lighter Sauvignon Blanc is a lighter calorie expression of the classic Sauvingon Blanc. This wine is just as bright, flavorful and crisp as the original, but with 80 calories per serving!

Matua Lighter Sauvignon Blanc

In the Maori culture of New Zealand, a Ta Moko is a traditional tattoo that is very precious. They are often applied to the face, the most sacred part of the body, and are the ultimate statement of someone’s identity. Each symbol signifies the wearer’s story – their family, tribe, place in society and knowledge.

Matua’s Ta Moko is a real treasure, a gift that we treat with the upmost respect. In Maori, Matua means ‘head of the family’, and our Ta Moko tells our story. Scroll down to find out what each symbol of our Ta Moko means.

Aotearoa (said “Ow-taya-rowah”) is the name of New Zealand in Maori. It means Land of the Long White Cloud – it’s long and skinny, pretty and green… and has some amazing spots for growing grapes. From the north to the south, New Zealand’s wine growing regions all offer something special. The top island is sub-tropical and down the southern end it can get pretty chilly!

We source our grapes from New Zealand’s most renowned wine regions – Hawke’s Bay, Marlborough and Central Otago.

Hawkes Bay

Hawke’s Bay is a real suntrap, perfect for growing our award-winning Syrah, Merlot, Malbec, Albariño, Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay grapes. Its growing conditions have been compared to Burgundy and Bordeaux in France with hot, dry growing seasons making for red wines packed with red fruit flavours and whites that are tropical with a dash of natural minerality.

Marlborough

Marlborough is the most famous wine region in NZ thanks to the incredibly unique style of Sauvignon Blanc it produces. But there’s a lot more to Marlborough than just crisp, fresh and zesty Sauvy! Its cool climate is turning out some pretty impressive Pinot Noir filled with red fruit flavours, citrusy Chardonnay and beautifully floral, aromatic Pinot Gris and Riesling.

Central Otago

We reckon it’s not going to be long before the world notices that Central Otago is the next big thing – especially with Pinot Noir. What’s more, Matua is now the single largest producer of Central Otago wine! We select our Matua Single Vineyard Pinot Noir grapes from fantastic sites perched amongst the mountains. The region’s diurnal temperature extremes and dry autumns make for dark, brooding Pinot Noir with a unique flavour profile.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 14

Thank you Jacqui, thank you Roy, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

I think I need to update my lists with regards to cruises taken since 2020.  I remembered we went to Falmouth on the Island Princess in 2022, and a few days later is when we discovered ourselves positive for Covid.  So since we went out and about that day I have a few more photos to show you.  It was a bit cloudy that day but we didn't get rain.  The day before we had missed Cobh, Ireland due to bad weather.

This is what the hallways were looking like that morning when we went back to our room after breakfast.  These two cabins were quarantined since the Covid ward was full.  I guess room service didn't have time to pick up trays nor was trash being picked up.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Since our Covid tests were negative we were free to roam.  A couple days later that would change.  Here's some photos of places we saw along the way.

A place to eat behind the restaurants.

They're proud of their pastys.

Love this seagull!

Little did we know this would be our last port for quite a while due to quarantine!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 8

5 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I think I need to update my lists with regards to cruises taken since 2020.  I remembered we went to Falmouth on the Island Princess in 2022, and a few days later is when we discovered ourselves positive for Covid.  So since we went out and about that day I have a few more photos to show you.  It was a bit cloudy that day but we didn't get rain.  The day before we had missed Cobh, Ireland due to bad weather.

This is what the hallways were looking like that morning when we went back to our room after breakfast.  These two cabins were quarantined since the Covid ward was full.  I guess room service didn't have time to pick up trays nor was trash being picked up.

Since our Covid tests were negative we were free to roam.  A couple days later that would change.  Here's some photos of places we saw along the way.

A place to eat behind the restaurants.

They're proud of their pastys.

Love this seagull!

Little did we know this would be our last port for quite a while due to quarantine!

Excellent photos Sandi.

My late mam's brother who was an ex professional soccer player lived in Weymouth for 60 years.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. It is cloudy with rain coming later and a high of 50. My handwriting has been a scribble for a long time and I will celebrate the Red Cross. DD DH and I did as Graham @grapau27 did and we took a shuttle to Weymouth. Thank you Graham and Sandi. @StLouisCruisers for the pictures. We had cream tea overlooking the pretty quayside. Nice memories.

I am traveling to New Hampshire on Friday to visit DS and family for Easter. I had a good laugh as my DDIL told me that chocolate bunnies were welcome gifts for my teenaged grandchildren. I was informed by the teenager who lives here that chocolate is something a person is never too old for. I guess I better get to the store for bunnies today.

Have a great day today.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone.

It is going to be a mostly cloudy day here in mid-Michigan with temps in the high 40s.  At least no rain.  We're thinking of an outing to the pool this afternoon. River's cough is much better and she can probably come off the Care List.  Thank you, Vanessa.  

I've never had Hollandaise Sauce as a meal, but it is great on your eggs benedict, asparagus, broccoli, or fish and chicken.  The Greek yogurt version is an attempt to cut calories and fat.  I'd give it a try, but will probably prefer the real thing.  This one claims to be half the calories of regular Hollandaise.  https://jenniferbanz.com/easy-greek-yogurt-hollandaise-sauce

greekyogurthollandaise1.thumb.jpg.b46beb6af2f26eca05bc147acc5f52ca.jpg

This one has slightly different seasonings in it.  https://www.healthyseasonalrecipes.com/greek-yogurt-hollandaise/

greekyogurthollandaise2.thumb.jpg.61771ae34b92201081fc5bc49c21c484.jpg

Of course, you can always take the easy way out like I do and use this.  

Hollandaisesauce.jpg.3eaa95ee8bcb71483d3b16223e79dcda.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 7