The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday March 29th, 2024

kazu

4 hours ago, summer slope said:

More aches and pains today. 

Sorry to hear 😔 but it’s probably to be expected. If it gets worse be sure to go back to the ER  🙏

• Like 15

8 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

Sorry to hear 😔 but it’s probably to be expected. If it gets worse be sure to go back to the ER  🙏

Thank you, I will. ER said it could be 3-4 weeks before the bruises and aches would be gone. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, dfish said:

We are excited that we booked the transatlantic along with @kazu Jacqui, @ger_77 Gerry and Maurice, @marshhawk Annie and Chuck, @0106 Tina and Jonathon, and hopefully @Sharon in AZ Sharon. I hope I didn't forget anyone!  

I did it-jumped on the bandwagon. I cancelled the FLL to Barcelona cruise April of 2025 and just rebooked for this one. It will be fun to meet everyone and see Jacqui again. Party time!

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

I did it-jumped on the bandwagon. I cancelled the FLL to Barcelona cruise April of 2025 and just rebooked for this one. It will be fun to meet everyone and see Jacqui again. Party time!

Food for thought......!

Toilet update - one new one installed, then the plumber was called away for a family emergency. To return at noon tomorrow. I have the new one, but unfortunately he  had dismantled the one in DS's bathroom before he got the call. DS is NOT pleased! But he can use mine.... Such drama!  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks for the fleet report, maps, care list, and everyone's posts.

Today I turned on my AC; we'll see how that goes.

Coco, who weighs about four or five pounds and won't get too much bigger, is recovering well from her spay operation.

In time for anyone's dinner onboard:

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.fineartamerica.com%2Fimages%2Fartworkimages%2Fmediumlarge%2F2%2Fcomplimentary-bread-seth-fleishman.jpg&t=1711745292&ymreqid=17e819ae-bf72-9f59-1cb7-f900b701da00&sig=HM56DZvi_dlZ_rkKAntS8w--~D

• Like 10
  • Haha 8

24 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Thank you, I will. ER said it could be 3-4 weeks before the bruises and aches would be gone. 

Dixie, I hope the aches and pains ease sooner.

15 minutes ago, NextOne said:

Food for thought......!

Toilet update - one new one installed, then the plumber was called away for a family emergency. To return at noon tomorrow. I have the new one, but unfortunately he  had dismantled the one in DS's bathroom before he got the call. DS is NOT pleased! But he can use mine.... Such drama!  

Wow, that's a bummer Edi.  At least you have one working toilet.  

Lenda

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Cool!  Welcome aboard!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@kazu 

Jacqui, we found a great dog sitter (in Montana) through our vet. Have you already tried that route?

Oops, I got ahead of things already discussed. Sorry!

No worries Joy, I have a lot of contacts over the years between my vets and the SPCA but it’s just too short a notice.  I am hoping that Sunday’s interview is successful - the best thing for him now is here in my home (Jose would be horrified with a stranger in it). 

I have been working endlessly on this, believe me.

@summer slope oh Dixie, I just read 3-4 weeks.  I get that for bruises but I sure hope the pain is gone long before that 🙏 

27 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

YIPPEE Susie - Come join the roll call.  We’re already planning.  LOL.

But you cancelled the April one 😔. DAM.

I’m on both - Ivan’s care will be well arranged before hand now that I know the changing environment.

Sandi @StLouisCruisers so glad your DD is home safe and sound. 👍 

@marshhawkAnnie, hoping your exercises work for you. 🙏  It’s worth the effort for sure.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

I enjoy this conversation most every day, so today I am jumping in to participate! I think it was @kazu’s dog sitting issue that prompted me!   We have just booked our first BHB cruise since the pandemic (Oosterdam, Sept. 29-oct.10). Now I too need to go focus on dogsitting plotting. Thanks for all the kindnesses you all share with each other. I feel like I know you.

Debbie

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, doobieb said:

I enjoy this conversation most every day, so today I am jumping in to participate! I think it was @kazu’s dog sitting issue that prompted me!   We have just booked our first BHB cruise since the pandemic (Oosterdam, Sept. 29-oct.10). Now I too need to go focus on dogsitting plotting. Thanks for all the kindnesses you all share with each other. I feel like I know you.

Debbie

Welcome to the roll call Debbie.  I don’t normally hit this conundrum.

Good plan to book your dogs.  My dogs have been covered for a quarter of a century without a hitch.  This is a one off and I don’t do one off’s well 😂 

I hope you enjoy your first Oosterdam cruise.  We are on her just a few days after you this Fall.  We had a great time on her last time )post pandemic) and hopeful the service, etc is just as good.

• Like 13

21 minutes ago, doobieb said:

Debbie

Welcome Debbie.

Graham from the North East coast of England.

• Like 7

Just now, grapau27 said:

Welcome Debbie.

Graham from the North East coast of England.

Thank you @grapau27. My best to Pauline. I admire her style.😄

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon and Happy Friday. Good Friday to all who celebrate Easter. 

Well, I took the plunge and booked the TA for November 2025!  As a solo. It will be my first solo overseas trip but I’m in very good company with some amazing Dailyites. Tina @0106, I finally did find one of the inside cabins available on deck 10 with the window but decided against it. I actually like not having a window since I’m a big nap person. I ended up midship on deck 6. I really wanted that large inside on deck 1 but I would hate being below BB Kings. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 18

13 minutes ago, kazu said:

Welcome to the roll call Debbie.  I don’t normally hit this conundrum.

Good plan to book your dogs.  My dogs have been covered for a quarter of a century without a hitch.  This is a one off and I don’t do one off’s well 😂 

Thank you @kazu. we have little Max, an 8 yr old rescued chihuahua who prefers to sleep on our heads. We have been blessed in the past with sitters who agree to this, too!  A friend’s daughter just moved back here around Christmas. She stayed here in Nov when we were on a Hurtigruten  cruise.  Max has bonded with her so now she is joining us for Easter . 😁

I just need to get on her calendar for this trip.  Your post made me nervous, and I certainly feel your anxiety. We tried boarding once in the past 30 years, and it was not terrible, but no sleeping on your pillow. Max deserves the best. As does Ivan. No need to stress them out at all! my fingers are crossed for both pf us.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, doobieb said:

Thank you @kazu. we have little Max, an 8 yr old rescued chihuahua who prefers to sleep on our heads. We have been blessed in the past with sitters who agree to this, too!  A friend’s daughter just moved back here around Christmas. She stayed here in Nov when we were on a Hurtigruten  cruise.  Max has bonded with her so now she is joining us for Easter . 😁

I just need to get on her calendar for this trip.  Your post made me nervous, and I certainly feel your anxiety. We tried boarding once in the past 30 years, and it was not terrible, but no sleeping on your pillow. Max deserves the best. As does Ivan. No need to stress them out at all! my fingers are crossed for both pf us.

Honestly, my other dogs ere happy to go to their vacation home.  I just had to tell them Debbie’s a couple of days before and they were wound and ready.  they even knew where their kennels were.  

But Debbie is not your typical kennel - she walked them on trails and in the woods twice a day, treated them and fussed over them.  She was a vet tech and worked at my old vet’s clinic for a number of years (who was with me on SPCA and dog rescues) so she knows how to handle a rescued, fearful dog.

3 of my dogs were fascinated by her horses and amazingly didn’t bark so they always got the equine view.  Marley and Maverick ignored me when I said I would be back - they were already watching the horses.  LOL.  Mesmerized.  And one of them even got taken to the corral a few times.  (Maybe more - I was only confessed to for one of them with a “shhh- don’t tell anyone).

She is actually “retired” and closed her business but kept 4 kennels in her new spot for just few clients and I’m lucky enough to be one of those kept.

So it’s a back up (and she knows and understands).  but Ivan is nearly 10 and never been so I am trying to avoid it - not because I don’t trust her but because he is used to the house, couch and being happy here.  

Sorry for the long post.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good evening. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily. Blessed Good Friday to those who celebrate.

I think we take virtual vacations looking at everyone's photos of the different ports. I salute Mom & Pop businesses. Mermaids are fun creatures. Typical Capote quote. I like the meal (nice and low carb). Pass on the drink and the wine costs too much. I haven't been to Nuuk. A good day in history - I enjoyed seeing the terra cotta warriors when I was in China.

It's a nice sunny day, 51F, quite windy. Rain tomorrow. I didn't get much sleep, but stayed in bed watching tv and fell back asleep for 2 hours until 9:30. Then I had to hustle to get ready to go to PT. I really didn't feel like going, but I went. Then picked up some meds at the pharmacy. I had to use the rollator going into the pharmacy as a cane wasn't enough. Then BFF came over. I didn't feel like going anywhere, so he picked up fish sandwiches from a nearby church fish fry, and we had an early dinner. He helped me move a few things and put the swags back up in the DR. 

Bon Voyage to @Smmessineo, @POA1 & @Huskerchick!

@StLouisCruisers Great Nuuk photos. I'm glad DD is safely home.

@summer slope @cat shepard @dfish Thanks for the drink, wine and meal postings.

@kazu Sorry to hear of the flooding and power outage. Thank goodness you have a generator. I hope you can find the perfect person to dog sit.

@Seasick Sailor Oh no on Oliver being sick and throwing up that dental placker. I hope he's ok. So sad to hear about your friend's Mom and your other friend with lung issues. I heard about that cement truck driver; I hope he gets the harshest sentence available. 

@1ANGELCAT I hope the injection went well, with no headache. 

@ger_77 So kind of you to be there for your friend during this stressful time. I hope Gord (and Ollie) will be ok. Enjoy the family time!

@Nickelpenny I hope your cold is short-lived. And congrats on the shout out and the duck.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lovely Nuuk photos.

@summer slope I hope your aches ease soon. My DM used to recommend an epsom salts bath to relieve aches.

@marshhawk If the numbness is the pinkie and ring finger, it's the ulnar nerve, which can be injured near the elbow. I had issues many years ago, and they thought they might have to move the nerve (it's unprotected near the elbow. It's the nerve that's the "funny bone" when hit accidentally), but luckily with doing some of the things you were recommended, it cleared up on its own. 

@smitty34877 Enjoy your time in NH.

@SusieKIslandGirl Wow, there will be a lot of Dailyites on that cruise!

@doobieb Welcome to the Daily! And to HAL.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

From China 2005

China327a-XianTerraCottaArmyPit1.thumb.JPG.94037991c075517bc0b0d78cf06c1c66.JPG

China331-XianTerraCottaArmyPit1.thumb.JPG.9bccc36eddfc1ab1f3392195d345b80f.JPG

• Like 15
  • Thanks 10

@kazu we went through many frustrating interviews and a disastrous kennel experience & ultimately found our best sitter through Rover. We talked to some ok ones and some really awful ones, too, but that can happen no matter where you get their name, IMO.

W/Rover, we were looking only for sitters to keep the dogs at their place, not come to ours. And ones that let them stay indoors but had large yards, preferably w/a doggie door. We also asked how many dogs they kept at one time; we didn't needs ours to be the only ones, but didn't want a whole herd - one couple we talked to said they kept up to 30 at a time!! I felt like we had a lot of requirements. One of the dogs can seriously not be trusted so he requires constant supervision. The other dog is the worst velcro dog I've ever seen, so she can't be alone, either.

Well, we found a couple that was amazing, he is a former firefighter & she's a former Marine, they can handle anything & nothing phases them, lol. Well, the guy fell so in love w/our big boy that he offered to buy him & said if we ever had to rehome him to please call. 

In our area, there are quite a few providers on Rover, so that's good. But their fees lately have really increased, no break for providing your own food or snacks, which I think is crazy. But you should be able to see pictures and the really good ones will post detailed resumes.

My vet and groomer were not open to providing referrals, probably because they also kennel.

I hope the best for you and Ivan and wish I was in your area cuz I would for sure watch him.

• Like 11

Finally, everything that we wanted to get done today is finished.  The wind is still blowing, but in gusts and then settles down for a bit.  I think I'll try to sit outside with my book for a bit, and hope I don't blow away.

The SpaceX launch has now been rescheduled for not earlier than 7:30 pm PDT tomorrow night.  It is really raining now at the launch site.

1 hour ago, doobieb said:

Debbie

Welcome to the Fleet Report/Daily.  I hope you will join us often.

29 minutes ago, kazu said:

Honestly, my other dogs ere happy to go to their vacation home.  I just had to tell them Debbie’s a couple of days before and they were wound and ready.  they even knew where their kennels were.  

But Debbie is not your typical kennel - she walked them on trails and in the woods twice a day, treated them and fussed over them.  She was a vet tech and worked at my old vet’s clinic for a number of years (who was with me on SPCA and dog rescues) so she knows how to handle a rescued, fearful dog.

3 of my dogs were fascinated by her horses and amazingly didn’t bark so they always got the equine view.  Marley and Maverick ignored me when I said I would be back - they were already watching the horses.  LOL.  Mesmerized.  And one of them even got taken to the corral a few times.  (Maybe more - I was only confessed to for one of them with a “shhh- don’t tell anyone).

She is actually “retired” and closed her business but kept 4 kennels in her new spot for just few clients and I’m lucky enough to be one of those kept.

So it’s a back up (and she knows and understands).  but Ivan is nearly 10 and never been so I am trying to avoid it - not because I don’t trust her but because he is used to the house, couch and being happy here.  

Sorry for the long post.

Jacqui, it sounds like Debbie would give Ivan lots of attention if it comes to needing to take him there.  Good luck with the interviews.

11 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good evening. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily. Blessed Good Friday to those who celebrate.

I think we take virtual vacations looking at everyone's photos of the different ports. I salute Mom & Pop businesses. Mermaids are fun creatures. Typical Capote quote. I like the meal (nice and low carb). Pass on the drink and the wine costs too much. I haven't been to Nuuk. A good day in history - I enjoyed seeing the terra cotta warriors when I was in China.

It's a nice sunny day, 51F, quite windy. Rain tomorrow. I didn't get much sleep, but stayed in bed watching tv and fell back asleep for 2 hours until 9:30. Then I had to hustle to get ready to go to PT. I really didn't feel like going, but I went. Then picked up some meds at the pharmacy. I had to use the rollator going into the pharmacy as a cane wasn't enough. Then BFF came over. I didn't feel like going anywhere, so he picked up fish sandwiches from a nearby church fish fry, and we had an early dinner. He helped me move a few things and put the swags back up in the DR. 

Bon Voyage to @Smmessineo, @POA1 & @Huskerchick!

@StLouisCruisers Great Nuuk photos. I'm glad DD is safely home.

@summer slope @cat shepard @dfish Thanks for the drink, wine and meal postings.

@kazu Sorry to hear of the flooding and power outage. Thank goodness you have a generator. I hope you can find the perfect person to dog sit.

@Seasick Sailor Oh no on Oliver being sick and throwing up that dental placker. I hope he's ok. So sad to hear about your friend's Mom and your other friend with lung issues. I heard about that cement truck driver; I hope he gets the harshest sentence available. 

@1ANGELCAT I hope the injection went well, with no headache. 

@ger_77 So kind of you to be there for your friend during this stressful time. I hope Gord (and Ollie) will be ok. Enjoy the family time!

@Nickelpenny I hope your cold is short-lived. And congrats on the shout out and the duck.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lovely Nuuk photos.

@summer slope I hope your aches ease soon. My DM used to recommend an epsom salts bath to relieve aches.

@marshhawk If the numbness is the pinkie and ring finger, it's the ulnar nerve, which can be injured near the elbow. I had issues many years ago, and they thought they might have to move the nerve (it's unprotected near the elbow. It's the nerve that's the "funny bone" when hit accidentally), but luckily with doing some of the things you were recommended, it cleared up on its own. 

@smitty34877 Enjoy your time in NH.

@SusieKIslandGirl Wow, there will be a lot of Dailyites on that cruise!

@doobieb Welcome to the Daily! And to HAL.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

From China 2005

China327a-XianTerraCottaArmyPit1.thumb.JPG.94037991c075517bc0b0d78cf06c1c66.JPG

China331-XianTerraCottaArmyPit1.thumb.JPG.9bccc36eddfc1ab1f3392195d345b80f.JPG

Vanessa, I admire you for sticking with your PT even when you don't want to go.  I'm glad BFF was able to help today, and also provided dinner.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

@kazu we went through many frustrating interviews and a disastrous kennel experience & ultimately found our best sitter through Rover. We talked to some ok ones and some really awful ones, too, but that can happen no matter where you get their name, IMO.

W/Rover, we were looking only for sitters to keep the dogs at their place, not come to ours. And ones that let them stay indoors but had large yards, preferably w/a doggie door. We also asked how many dogs they kept at one time; we didn't needs ours to be the only ones, but didn't want a whole herd - one couple we talked to said they kept up to 30 at a time!! I felt like we had a lot of requirements. One of the dogs can seriously not be trusted so he requires constant supervision. The other dog is the worst velcro dog I've ever seen, so she can't be alone, either.

Well, we found a couple that was amazing, he is a former firefighter & she's a former Marine, they can handle anything & nothing phases them, lol. Well, the guy fell so in love w/our big boy that he offered to buy him & said if we ever had to rehome him to please call. 

In our area, there are quite a few providers on Rover, so that's good. But their fees lately have really increased, no break for providing your own food or snacks, which I think is crazy. But you should be able to see pictures and the really good ones will post detailed resumes.

My vet and groomer were not open to providing referrals, probably because they also kennel.

I hope the best for you and Ivan and wish I was in your area cuz I would for sure watch him.

Thanks - my interview on Sunday is with a sitter with Rover.

money isn’t an object right now (within reason). I need good care for Ivan.

4 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Jacqui, it sounds like Debbie would give Ivan lots of attention if it comes to needing to take him there.  Good luck with the interviews.

Debbie’s care had never been in doubt.  My dogs have gone there over 20 years and I never worried.  it’s just a big change for Ivan.  And nothing he’s been exposed to.  She would have actually taken him in her home other that she now has an Australian Shepherd.

Another option might be opening which I didn’t anticipate 🤞 

• Like 18

Im ok doing the home PT, it requires weights, which i have, a large stick, which I have, and I get to lie on the floor.😸  That is hard to get up from these days.  DH doesnt like it when i sleep on the sofa, but has no problem if I sleep on the futon in the room, next to the bedroom.  But, the sofa is nicer. And softer.....and closer to the cats who wont sleep in the bedroom...

Thinking that month of April being off will be nice.  No 5 hours a day of repetitive work.  Just painting and clipping things....hahahahaha

@ger_77I know you are a wonderful person, but its not just your generosity that makes you wonderful, its the fact that your friends know that they can count on you when their poop hits the fan.That is the greatest trust of all..  I hope that Ollie and Gord are doing better today.  What a scare for her! Well, for all of you.  And smart thinking of becoming Gord's sister.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good chilly and windy evening. We got back from Hershey around 4:30. The next round of Botox is scheduled for the end of June. So far, my arm just feels stiff. I really like the Dr that does the treatment. He actually injected some directly into my hand , since that’s where the stiffness is most pronounced.

Have a good evening. I wish I was with Poohby Joe on a BHB right now. 🛳️🍾

• Like 14