how Many People Started Cruising Before 1995

My first cruise was 1995 on the Marco Polo, sailing for (I believe) Orient Lines. Cape Town to Buenos Aires with three seasick people and my lower back was "out". P.S. there are NO ports between South Africa and Argentina! It's a wonder and a testament to my husband's persistence that I ever cruised again.

• Like 2

1971 on the Song of Norway.  It was a brand new ship and the Captain's daughter was in my Brownie troop.  (I grew up in Miami.)  He invited all of the families on a 4 day fam trip to the Bahamas!  I was 8 years old and fell in love with cruising right then and there!🤩

• Like 5

1988. Our honeymoon on RCL . Chocalate fondue , everyone dressed up for dinner , shooting skeet off the back of the ship. Times have changed for sure. 

• Haha 1

Husband did the USS United States in 1965.  That wasn't cruising.  It was transportation to and from Europe.  (He was in steerage, of course!)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 00649 said:

1988. Our honeymoon on RCL . Chocalate fondue , everyone dressed up for dinner , shooting skeet off the back of the ship. Times have changed for sure. 

Carnival had the skeet too and everyone thought it was such the thing to do back then. 🙂

Early 90s ('92? '93?) Carnival Holiday. And it was a holiday cruise - my first Christmas cruise and 1st New Years cruise.

Is there a prize at the end of this?😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1