The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday July 14th, 2024

Thank you for the Reports and Happy Day to all the Dailyites!!

I think I'll agree with @puppycanducruise as I say -- I'm Nude under these clothes!  I'm celebrating!!  And being Shark-Aware is something to be!!  Thank You @grapau27!!  I wouldn't have remembered the massacre in Nice.

I love the Corn Salsa.  Scotch is great!  As is Shiraz! And I've never been to the Cockburn Channel....

Happy, Happy (warm and humid) wishes to Allen (via @Seasick Sailor )

e6ec3570de2bf81cd86c3822be0b2435.jpg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

I have a sunset today rather than a sunrise.  It's from my 2018 crossing of Canada on VIA's Canadian July 14, somewhere between Winnipeg and Regina.

dusk0714.jpg

Roy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

Good morning, everyone!

We have a possibility of thunderstorms this morning.  That would be ok if they cooled things off, but the high today will be 88 with high humidity.  Glad the AC is working.  Nothing is on the agenda for today other than sit back and relax.  There may be a nap in my future as last night was one of those nights. I went right to sleep, but woke up around  12:30 am and couldn't get back to sleep.  So, I am a bit tired this morning.

@Seasick Sailor  For Allen and @rafinmd Roy's nephew Keith

Birthdaymen.jpg.1e5f97a2a6850adef885b56148a48c3c.jpg

@StLouisCruisers Sorry to hear of Ren's injury, but glad no surgery is necessary.  Enjoy your visit to St. John's.  That brings back great memories from last summer.  

Today's meal is the munchie you put out before dinner. At least that is what happens with my bunch.  Here's an easy recipe:  https://www.skinnytaste.com/corn-salsa-with-lime/

cornsalsa1.thumb.jpg.d3ab561b4397dcc6b30cb83c80d1f16d.jpg

This one is similar.  https://cookieandkate.com/fresh-corn-salsa-recipe/

cornsalsa2.thumb.jpg.f72472e223088c38d2b233786e4f2e30.jpg

While the last recipe used raw corn, this one pan grills the corn and red bell pepper.  https://frommybowl.com/pan-grilled-corn-salsa/

cornsalsa3.thumb.jpg.18be1e6b65fac9ef63d9c4eba008a348.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 13

Thanks for the Daily Rich.    A good group of days.  I had a long comments for today but read previous comments that came in and when I got to page 2 it wiped out all of my comments.  I won't do that again.  Have been to the Cockburn Channel in 2023.  I will try all three comestibles with the salsa minus the cilantro, the wine will be need to be shared with more than  one other as it is 16% alcohol.  A good quote.

Thanks for the cares and celebrations reports Vanessa.  @StLouisCruisers I was sad to read Ren broke his collar bone,  prayers for healing for him.  Prayers for Tana, Terry, Terrie, Jacqui, Annie and Chuck and everyone else who is ailing or grieving.   Prayers for peace and civility in our country, the discourse and actions are sad.  

Have a lovely Sunday. Nancy

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Good Sunday Morning Daiyites!  I's 7:50 am and 76 degrees.  Bob Cat insisted that I open the window in the front so that he could hide from the kittens....I did, but even I feel the heat from the outside-remember we are still in the shade!  And in true cat fashion, he climbed in the window, behind the curtain, and hung his tail out.  Fair game for kittens!

Last night we went to Vietvana, we shared veggie and crispy egg rolls, DH ordered the pork chop, and I ordered two different spring rolls.  I wanted to figure out how to make a better peanut sauce, but I took out the cucumber slices and the meats, and ate them with the peanut sauce.  And I had two vietnamese iced coffees, still was asleep by 11:05.  I have been tired recently. One of the waiters walked by and when he saw the "skins" of the spring rolls, and all the filling on the plate, he asked if everything was OK.  I said yes , I liked playing with my food, and am only eating the things in it that I can.

@Cruzin TerriI read an article last week on the googly news that this new variant of Covid has been knocking the stuffing out of people who have had Covid before.  But the primary symptom is a really bad sore throat.  And it is quite contagious, more so than previous varieties.  Get rest!  And I hope you are feeling better soon.

@StLouisCruisersI was sorry that Ren got injured, and angry that they think it was on purpose.  I hope he is feeling better soon, and I am glad that he is going to have those weeks off.  The next few days in the Atlanta area will be hotter than Hades, but starting on Wednesday the temps will go down, and our chance of rain goes up.  Yup we really are in a drought, and the cold water from the tap, is no longer even cool.  Also our water smells of high chemical  contents, guess we are now getting to the bottom of the reservoirs.

@Seasick SailorPlease wish your DH a very happy birthday-

bc703031233daf0c7d72e834328b2934.png

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

We had a hot day yesterday so we went fishing.  The lake is finally at 70 degrees.  I caught 2 keeper Walleye, so big I didn't have to measure that they were >15".  John caught a bass.  John cleaned them and we had a nice fish fry with Caesar salad.  

IMG_2932.jpg

IMG_2924.jpg

IMG_2926.jpg

IMG_20240713_155701685.jpg

• Like 41

This morning I heard from DDIL that Ren will be leaving Mexico City today when his Dad flies back to Michigan.  That had been DS's plan beforehand so I guess he has some business he has to get back to.  Ren could have stayed to support the team, but really, he would need help with his packing, moving luggage, going through security and again at the Detroit airport.  So having his Dad there to do all that will be much better.  Now he can recover at home in Michigan with Mom, Dad and older brother there to commiserate with him.  All his friends will be glad to have him back to go out and have fun before back to school next month.  Carefully though as he is healing!

Happy birthday wishes for Roy @rafinmd's nephew Keith!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

Good morning Dailyites 

Wow, I was surprised by the Happy Birthday's to Allen. Thank you to all who posted and to Vanessa for her magic bag of memories. Happy Birthday to Roy's nephew Keith. 

We are having a cocktail party tonight to celebrate Allen's 81st. 

@StLouisCruisers OH no on Ren's injury! Sending him a healing prayer. 

Special prayers for all our Daily friends. @kazu hoping for good news on the house. 

I read this morning about the shooter from yesterday's tragedy. Only 20 year's old. Praying for our nation.

Yesterday I re-potted some plants. One plant finally gave up the ghost, no matter how sweetly I talked to it and cared for it. Now the plumeria my girlfriend gifted me resides in that planter.

@ottahand7 great catches! Would love to join you for fish fry!

Wishing you all a Blessed day. Have a great week!

20240713_124754.thumb.jpg.6c4f02d4a26b80475a2c2f5fa323100b.jpg

Edited by Seasick Sailor
Add photo
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  Yesterday’s temperatures were cooler but the humidity was very high.  Today will be in the 90’s with high humidity. I may not leave the house.  Yesterday all the errands were run.  We went to JC Penny at a mall south of us and that mall is at least 50% empty.  Hardly anyone there.  I did find a pair of slippers for 8.99 on clearance so picked them up. Slippers have become the new work shoe since the shutdown.  I’d like today’s meal suggestion but the closest I have right now is corn relish from Kitchen Kettle.  I was stunned by the news last night and watched it in close to real time.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.4c521e9dac68b595c0482df19377f90d.png

• Like 21
  • Haha 10

Good morning. That is about that. Busy filling cars with gas and trying to pack the way to much stuff to beach. It’s about a three hour drive to St. George Island and check in is not to 5:00 so plenty of time. Lot’s of love from granddaughter Tilly. ❤️

Have a great weekend. Bruce

• Like 31

Well my post never took and has gone in internet never - ever land so I will try again with thanks first to Rich for our Sunday Daily and to our F & B team.

We went through the Cockburn Channel and loved it and the entire itinerary.  It was too long ago for pics - back in the day when cruise lines sent you your tickets.  And, Princess didn’t send ours.  Our TA had to do some tearing around and thankfully, they were there waiting for us when we boarded.  There are some advantages to processing your boarding pass yourself 😉 

Well, it’s D-Day.  Apparently the couple is very interested so it is being shown at 4 pm.  Ivan and I will disappear for a while.   I am not getting my hopes up.  Found myself feeling sick this morning at the thoughts of leaving it all and had to shake myself out of it.

@1ANGELCAT prayers for your friend, Denise 🙏 

@Nickelpenny what a lovely design for your tiles 👍 

@durangoscots gotcha day is a great day to celebrate.  I do Ivan’s too but it’s kind of a mixed bag since he arrived the one day I said he couldn’t - the anniversary of Jose’s death.

Prayers for those on the Care list and those who need them.  A big cheer to all who are celebrating and cruising.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.  ANOTHER hot day coming up.  Only running out to church and may go get some Chinese food later.  Thank goodness for air conditioning.  

Prayers for all in need.  We do seem to have a lot of folks with illness, etc. in our group.  Wishing the best for all.  Our friend continues in rehab but I have no new updates at this time.

Echo cardiogram for DH tomorrow morning.  Blood work came back negative for whatever the nurse practitioner was looking.  So that was good news.  Next steps tomorrow to determine cause of continuous right side chest pain.  I don’t thing a “strained muscle” should last for months and months.

Have a great Sunday.  Katherine 

• Like 29

Posted (edited)

Good morning from central Texas where it is hazy today.  It is 76F and feels like 76F with a 5mph wind from the south. The humidity is 94% with a dew point of 74F.  It looks like our high will be 97F and the wind will increase to 12mph.  The only thing on the agenda is watering the backyard with a sprinkler on the hose.  I took a good look at our sprinklers when they came on last night, and saw the water is not reaching some of the grass which explains why part of the yard is brown.  The low water pressure didn't help either.  Until we can get someone in to redo the sprinkler system in the backyard, I'll be doing supplemental watering.

All I'll say about the despicable shooting last night is this is not the way to conduct an election no matter which candidate you support.  No one who attends a political rally should die or be critically injured.

I'll keep my clothes on so I do not shock everyone today.  It is always good to be aware of sharks when in the water.  What happened in Nice in 2016 was horrible.

Leonardo da Vinci was as, but we need both courage and a little fear in our lives.

We'll pass on the meal, drink and wine today.

We may have been through the Cockburn Channel, but if so I didn't realize it, and did not take pictures.

Bastille Day is an important day in the history of France.  Hats off to the election of the first female parliamentarian in the Arab world in 1957.  The software releases in 1992 opened the world to many people.

Sandi, I hope you enjoy your day in St. John's, and glad that you enjoyed your tour yesterday.  Safe travels to Ren and you DS today.  

@grapau27  Graham, thank you for the information about the events in Nice in 2016.

@luvteaching  Welcome home, Karen.  I'm glad your friend loved the cruise.  Safe travels to her and her son as they head to his new home.

@rafinmd  Roy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your nephew.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I hope you can fest and feel better soon.

@ottahand7  Nancy, those were three good size fish.  Thank you for the pictures from the Cockburn Channel.

@kazu Jacqui, I hope the prospective buyers fall in love with your house, and make a good offer.  I know while the move will make things easier for you, it will also be difficult to leave the house you and your DD DH shared for so many years.

@Lady Hudson   Katherine, that is good news the blood tests were normal.  I hope the echo cardiogram will give the doctor and you both some answers to the pain.

431402066_799323852228786_3003966333964947922_n.jpg.2be57b29a298ec0c0bd07f94e0c168c9.jpg

381445565_704200905072262_5119012814792969810_n.jpg.5278231fd3e39daad671144adb58baec.jpg

383220658_747992520675706_8310601264061258295_n.jpg.7bd79071716cf3e01218a47c202608c2.jpg

398734654_845826897263530_942664610599950264_n.jpg.231984e493ae59ca562caf123ed6d86c.jpg

402009306_663848885869136_5316359883892519064_n.jpg.aa067258fcf15459b052d8e2edd22432.jpg

402310604_731240455705631_2818445540924795378_n.thumb.jpg.c15360a5e049cef02357fa0886829a39.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 13