The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday July 29th, 2024

Posted (edited)

Good morning and Happy Monday. I woke up too early this morning. I have so much to do today and I’ll probably be dragging by noon. 

Good collection of days. My favorite wings are dry rubbed with a southwest rub called Desert Heat and really good dipped in blue cheese dressing. I was never into Buffalo sauce. 

Such nostalgia for the Dry Sack Sherry!!  We used to have a bottle of Dry Sack just to have on the weekends, Saturday night usually. We would put the kids to bed and drink it while making dinner, usually steak and baked potatoes, sometimes beef fondue. So many memories!

Pass on the drink which sounds really sweet and no on the soup. Not sure what’s on the menu yet. I need to check the freezer. 

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, I’ve been meaning to say after seeing what your humidity is how yucky it must feel. I remember visiting my DM when she lived in San Antonio one August, sticky and icky and hot and sweaty. 

Annie @marshhawk, those cabins look fun. You should have a great time there. Very retro. And I loved your pictures of Victoria. 

Jacqui @kazu, be careful on those stairs. I hope you feel better soon. 

Graham @grapau27, please let Pauline know I’m thinking about her today as she remembers her dear father. 

Have a great day everyone!

Edited by Sharon in AZ
Additional comment
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

ScreenShot2024-07-29at08_13_54.png.7561107019e98c5c228df2ae8af1da20.png

Thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I think I mentioned once before I visited the Tiger Temple in Thailand and I have pictures of me and the tigers (that was before I knew of the horrible controversy).  Such magnificent creatures!  I do remember Family Affair (watched it religiously), and Benson and Mr. Belvedere (not so much, though) but I just can't do butlers (or maids) in my house! Would like some wings.  Funny quote, I think I will pass on all the food and drink and I have not been to NSW. What a great day for Disney!

IMG_8065.thumb.JPG.b0888ca30033bbef4d863efd77c5c744.JPG

The monsoons continue and yesterday afternoon the thunder was very loud accompanying the rain.  Very pleasant.  Hopefully, today will be the same; presently, it is 84F with 54% humidity heading up to ~100F.

JPEGimage-4E76-ACEE-2D-0.thumb.jpeg.df46fa08c1292ad6683a5e678b853ac6.jpeg

School starts this week and my teacher friends are asking "where did the summer go?"  Jobs have been slowly trickling in on the app so now I have to pay more attention to my phone.  I do have an orientation tomorrow for 3.5 hours and I haven't dressed for "work" for so long!!  LOL!!  I continue to have the Olympics on all day; some interesting sports that I would probably never watch other than during the Games.  I am enjoying it.

JPEGimage-48C3-94F7-EA-0.thumb.jpeg.3f2abd40cb591e6c75a36b19770ddfa9.jpeg

Thoughts for the world and all those needed support and cheers for those celebrating.  Have a great start to the week everyone!

Edited by Nickelpenny
spelling
  • Like 24
  • Haha 2

It rained here last night too, @SusieKIslandGirl, I heard it on the skylight when I got up at 3.  And the deck is wet, but it's not raining any more.  Hope we have more, the fire near Sooke is still growing, and our air is smoky.  

Good morning Dailyites, thanks for all the news!  I remember butlers, and nowadays we occasionally get Miss Fisher's butler, Mr. Butler...  I haven't been to the port of the day, so I will join Charlene, @cunnorl, and add a couple of pictures of Prince Christian Sound from our Viking Passage cruise in 2022,   The colour of the water was  absolutely amazing.

Pat is going for bloodwork this morning, and I will stay home and make soda bread.  We are having some of the neighbours in tomorrow for drinkies, and I thought I would serve some brown bread with smoked salmon, just wish it were Irish smoked salmon!  Still waiting to hear from the Cancer Clinic, I know they are backed up, but we have a cruise booked for October, all paid for, and any treatments are going to have to be worked around it!  My GP is supposed to be organizing a shot into my hip as well, and I want to have that in September.  He said I have to wait and see what date they give me.  Maybe I'll have to see if I can get it done in Port Angeles sooner.

And Pat definitely needs his new valve, it was so annoying;  we went to his cardiologist appointment on Friday, as the little card said, and they said it was all a mistake, his appointment is August 26 not July - the card was written wrong - I think the girl forgot to write it in the doctor's appointment list and gave the time to someone else.... They are supposed to call today to see if they can fit him in sooner.  

I like Dry Sack, that used to be our go to sherry, but now I prefer a sweeter one, maybe Bristol Cream or even Milk.  No thanks to the soup,  but I like tigers and chicken wings.

I will be saying some prayers today for those ailing, Jacqui, Tana, Annie and Chuck, and thinking of Pauline on a sad remembrance day.

Our route through the Prince Christian Sound

IMG_1242.thumb.jpeg.8f25d5a084d77f6194b8fa8b27ec439d.jpeg

Can you imagine living here?

IMG_1222.thumb.jpeg.234cbf9b0c73db613d9358dec069af66.jpeg

Amazing colours

IMG_1208.thumb.jpeg.e6a5f1c446bf85039b2ec8e4ddd066dc.jpeg

IMG_1210.thumb.jpeg.9b89ad12e9d226f1b5c3dd7009f8dd04.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning and Happy Monday. I woke up too early this morning. I have so much to do today and I’ll probably be dragging by noon. 

Good collection of days. My favorite wings are dry rubbed with a southwest rub called Desert Heat and really good dipped in blue cheese dressing. I was never into Buffalo sauce. 

Such nostalgia for the Dry Sack Sherry!!  We used to have a bottle of Dry Sack just to have on the weekends, Saturday night usually. We would put the kids to bed and drink it while making dinner, usually steak and baked potatoes, sometimes beef fondue. So many memories!

Pass on the drink which sounds really sweet and no on the soup. Not sure what’s on the menu yet. I need to check the freezer. 

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, I’ve been meaning to say after seeing what your humidity is how yucky it must feel. I remember visiting my DM when she lived in San Antonio one August, sticky and icky and hot and sweaty. 

Annie @marshhawk, those cabins look fun. You should have a great time there. Very retro. And I loved your pictures of Victoria. 

Graham @grapau27, please let Pauline know I’m thinking about her today as she remembers her dear father. 

Thank you Sharon.

We have just got home after calling in to the remembrance room at the cities crematorium and reading Roy's name in one of the remembrance books and leaving messages in a family book next to the door.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and happy Monday!  Tigers are special, I remember Mr. French, and @rafinmdyes, I remember Mr. Belvedere.  Bob Ueker is still announcing for the Milwaukee Brewers.  The soup sounds interesting.  Haven't been to the port.  Thanks for the photos! A good day for remembering Walt Disney.  The Sunday shows were always special growing when we were young.

We had a nice weekend at the lake house.  Now, we have our grand dog while DD and DSIL travel to Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons.  He's 14 years old, and having some issues...his back right leg is starting to give out. Usually he's begging for more food, but hasn't been eating all of his food the  last 2 days.  I'm hoping the food issue is because he's out of his normal element.   Praying the week goes ok...

@grapau27Sending good thoughts to you and Pauline as you remember her dad.  

@cunnorlI'm enjoying your photos! 

@dfishI hope the hernia isn't too bothersome...

@kazuFeel better soon!

Hugs to all on the care list, and cheers for those cruising and celebrating! 

Karen

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good humid morning from central Texas on what appears through the condensation on the window to be a clear morning.  It is 77F and feels like 77F with a 9mph wind from the south.  The humidity is 96% with a dew point of 76F.  We are warming up to more July temps with a predicted high of 95F.  Yesterday when it was cooler, we worked outside in the port doing some necessary things we'd been putting off.  There was a nice breeze part of the time, but of course, it died down when we were working, and started up again about the time we finished.  Today, the plan is to go through the stuff that was put in the closet when we cleaned out the old motorhome last fall.  I plan to take most of it to the local thrift store tomorrow.

Three interesting days to celebrate today.  The most important one is Global Tiger Day.  These magnificent cats need all the protection we can give them.  I do not need or want a butler to serve my chicken wings.

The H. L. Mencken quote makes me smile.

We'll pass on the soup today, but did I see butternut squash lurking in the first recipe?  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

Like most Dailyites, we have not been to Newcastle, NSW.

The 1928 test footage of Mickey Mouse was an important milestone in Disney history, and was the start of an entertainment empire.

@cunnorl  Charlene, thanks for the pictures from Prince Christian Sound.  You are very lucky to have such a clear day for the transit.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I hope Brenda's news is they have finally sold their house.

@rafinmd  Roy, I'm glad you are sleeping comfortably now.

@grapau27  Graham, you and Pauline are in our in our thoughts as you remember he Dad today.

@cat shepard  Ann, safe travels to and from Orlando today.  I'm just Brayden has some wonderful stories to tell about his trip.

@LambKnuckles  Lambie, I knew who Mr. French was, and we enjoyed the tv show back in the day.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm glad you are able to get some of the staging accomplished on your house.  Just please don't overdo it.

@tjcox9  Thank you for the pictures from Newcastle and the surrounding area.

@dfish  Debbie, such good news you hiked 2.5 miles yesterday.

452286138_122189647358032823_911553985050260791_n.jpg.4bd1749f2f3a8dca3b6e8ae629024187.jpg

452287740_460196613475261_3819133453543378142_n.jpg.ca10a63c478a56eace1a7e87701ae412.jpg

452438037_122185296254073033_856972134137170243_n.jpg.f17bdc1cf63c0133e4399de5b74ba23b.jpg

452457566_122154683126240361_1947908938569455762_n.jpg.3b3af4b20864c35324311baf858e26a9.jpg

452671177_362114746925882_2652988490971924406_n.jpg.c206062b5bd90d11f0fbf6acb2ce4089.jpg

452618816_428909450110343_5005802317327397416_n.jpg.d03cd643c7681a218dc8f0ce8ad47cd8.jpg

Lenda

Thank you Lenda.

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, quilty964 said:

Good morning and happy Monday!  Tigers are special, I remember Mr. French, and @rafinmdyes, I remember Mr. Belvedere.  Bob Ueker is still announcing for the Milwaukee Brewers.  The soup sounds interesting.  Haven't been to the port.  Thanks for the photos! A good day for remembering Walt Disney.  The Sunday shows were always special growing when we were young.

We had a nice weekend at the lake house.  Now, we have our grand dog while DD and DSIL travel to Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons.  He's 14 years old, and having some issues...his back right leg is starting to give out. Usually he's begging for more food, but hasn't been eating all of his food the  last 2 days.  I'm hoping the food issue is because he's out of his normal element.   Praying the week goes ok...

@grapau27Sending good thoughts to you and Pauline as you remember her dad.  

@cunnorlI'm enjoying your photos! 

@dfishI hope the hernia isn't too bothersome...

@kazuFeel better soon!

Hugs to all on the care list, and cheers for those cruising and celebrating! 

Karen

Thank you Karen.

• Like 12

Good morning all!

Yes, we have rain!  Finally.  A nice gentle, steady rain and will go through tomorrow morning.  @SusieKIslandGirl I'm not sure where you are, but it has been longer than 24 days here since we've had rain, unless you're counting the few drops we got one day.  The only reason I know is because it never rained the whole 34 days DD and family were gone and I was watering both our gardens.  You must be in the banana belt 🙂  

I'll celebrate tigers (gorgeous animals) but don't want or need a butler, and will pass on the wings.  Funny quote, will pass on the soup, drink and sherry.  Even though we visited 14 Australian ports and circumnavigated the country on the GANZ, we didn't stop in New Castle.

I'm late this morning, didn't sleep well last night and then had 3 pages to read before posting 😉  

Jacqui @kazu You're wise to follow your doctor's advice, keep doing what you're doing -- slow and steady -- you'll get there I know it. 🙂

Debbie @dfish I'm impressed with your 2.5 miles!  The Jordan Pond will be a cinch for you.  Sorry to hear the hernia repair may have come loose though, and my heart breaks for that poor cat who is most likely dead from the house fire. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon from a partly sunny, muggy, windy and hot, 92F at 12:45 pm central Texas.  I've been inside most of the day going through the closet in our bedroom, plus a couple of drawers and cabinets.  As usual, it took longer than expected, but now my little Smart is loaded with things for the thrift store tomorrow.  I got rid of some dress shoes I haven't worn in 10 or more years.  Over the past three years, I've weeded out a lot of my clothes and shoes.  DH even decided to donate some of his slacks that he never wears, and even some with the labels still on them.  We were going to go through his shirts this afternoon, but that will have to wait for another day since there's no more room in the car.  Somethings did not make the cut for the thrift store, and went in the trash, which was just picked up.  With all the stuff from the old motorhome out of the closet, it looks a lot bigger now.  

I decided to have an easy to fix dinner with "grilled" shrimp cooked in a pan, vegetable rice that has been frozen and more of the cantaloupe we've been working on for a week or more.  The last two I bought were huge, but since they were not very ripe when I bought them, they are lasting a while.

4 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good Monday Morning Dailyites!  The weather person just said if you are going to walk the dog, you should do it now.  I'll give it a few more minutes.  I slept until 8 this morning, that is a first for a while, still on the sofa, but last night I woke up to a beeping sound.  I thought it was my diabetes monitor, but it was not glowing (it lights up when it beeps) and I noticed that the flashing was actually the phone.  It's message was, please check messages.  Did it need to tell me that at 3:45 this morning?  Really?   I took it off the charger, and it stopped beeping.

I have to pick up some meds for Munchkin this morning, and suggested to DH last night that we go to our favorite taco place for lunch today.  The taco for the week, is nutty shrimp.  Shrimp coated with peanuts and flash fried.  Very Yummy.

Sorry about getting confused yesterday, I thought it was Chocolate Milk day, not milk chocolate day-I prefer dark chocolate. Per J K Rawlings, chocolate keeps the dementors away, so we always have some in the fridge.

I watched all my racing yesterday, and cleaned up papers that were all over the floor, put some things away, put the suitcases in the closet (DH thought they lived in the attic, but cant get up the stairs to put them there)  They have never been stored in the attic. 

I got in touch with Firefly (where we are staying in October) they will allow us to do two loads of laundry for 10 dollars while we are there. But we have to let them know what day we need to do the laundry.  Otherwise, the nearest laundromat is 37 miles away.  I did warn my friends, that we are going back in time for a week, and to adjust their ideas of shopping and fast food.  I have researched all the restaurants in town,  only 3 out of the 11 are open in the evening, all others close at 2 or 4.  And one day we are going to go see the Weeki Wachee mermaids, yes, we are stepping back in time to the 50's.

@Denise Twe will be arriving in "the 50's" on a Monday, so that is one Monday I will celebrate.

This will be DH's and my cabin

Firefly Cottage

This is BFF's Cabin

Kiwi Cottage

Love those uneven stairs,,,,,

Annie, those cabins look so cute.

4 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I love seeing tigers, but not in a zoo setting, would love to have a butler some days, and yes to the chicken wings - make mine salt & pepper please! 

It's a beautiful morning out there for us today with a temp of 17(62) and an expected high of 30(86) with just a slight breeze for now.  It'll be a good day to get out in the back yard and trim some vines and deadhead some of the plants.  I also have to clean out the bird baths, as they've been used quite regularly and are full of feathers and other stuff from the latest batch of young robins.  

@doobieb will definitely send prayers for your friend Leesa.

@kazuI wish Ivan was a bigger dog who could help pull you up those steps!!

@rafinmdglad you had a good sleep and your neck pain is gone.

@marshhawkI love the look of those cabins!

This morning we're off to the Field House for the cardiac rehab program, but before that will be contacting the overhead door companies to see who can come to take a look at our garage door.  I fear it's going to be a costly venture this time.

I'm going to pass on the drink, have never liked the taste of the wine (DH enjoys sherry), and it's a little too warm here for soup right now.  Last week I bought a package of tempura coated shrimp that will be cooked in the air fryer and served with a Caesar salad that we should be able to enjoy on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, in turmoil, and in the paths of destructive fires and storms.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, I hope the garage door repairs aren't too expensive.  We have some of the tempura shrimp in the freezer for another day.  The are so good.

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Anybody else remember "Mr. Belvedere:"?

Roy

Roy, I remember "Mr. Belvedere" even though we didn't watch it often.  I also remember when we had three tv stations watching the Mr. Belvedere movies with Clifton Webb in the afternoons.

3 hours ago, lindaler said:

Good morning all. Sunny and 90 degrees at 9am. But don't worry, thunderstorms with lightning and rain will be here again at 2 through 5.  We got the shed done yesterday and most of the stuff moved into it. We were also able to move the garden shed up to the back deck for lawn chairs and cushions and outside tables. It will be nice to have things covered and easy to bring out when the rain stops. My oldest is coming today for our weekly shopping trip and laundry.  People ask me why I don't just get him his own washer and dryer and I say, then I wouldn't see him once a week. It is hard to believe he will be 45 shortly.

Linda, that is good news the shed is finished and got most of the things in it, along with moving the garden shed to a more convenient location.  I don't blame you for wanting your older son to do his laundry at your place so you can visit.  Our kids get so busy, we hardly see them.  And our oldest is 48 and the youngest is 46.  Hard to believe.

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Benson was my favorite butler.  I saw Robert Guilliame on Broadway in Purlie!  Great actor.

I would like a butler just to take care of all the doctors appointments and work schedule and pay bills. I would like a maid to clean the house, and I would like a chef to cook my Vietnamese chicken wings and other odd meals for me every day.  So far, the only applicant I can afford, is me.  I would like a chauffeur too...me.

image.thumb.jpeg.23efa589cca6160502ecc1cecf255485.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c2f319e2fa0b6600ea5a19452a096493.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ddb8b98d8ec7e2ee01efe45b0d4009f8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5dc8a34c88ff28a3970ac4e824313748.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.58d88d08a826ae5446b20193e18cd676.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2fc50f44427926878a5c4c1d3870a4d0.jpeg

Annie, I'm also everything you mentioned except being the chauffeur, which is DH's duty.  However, I am also the yard person.  At least, I get some exercise that way.  Loved the pictures from Victoria.  Benson was my favorite too.  He could be so sarcastic, and Robert Guillaume was so good in the role.  He was also good in "Soap".

3 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Good morning. We have our usual forecast of sunny and dry. High today probably 86... current temp is 66 which is very comfortable. I have the house open and cooling. Dogs were happy with their walk.

Little news from here. I continue to putter along. I am having some discomfort in my left hip which is slowing me down a bit. A few years ago when I had to have some X-rays done, the doctor commented on some arthritis in that area. I have a doctor's appointment in about 3 weeks so that is on my list to discuss. It does complicate hauling groceries up to the second floor since I need to use the railing.  I will cope but better speed up the clearing out.

Nothing much on my agenda for the week... at least so far. Breakfast tomorrow with a friend (if she can make it). I need to see about getting hair trimmed and a pedicure. And load up more stuff into the car for thrift store, the library, and some jig-saw puzzles off to friend who gets snowed in during the winters.

Take care all. Don't overdo.

Susan

Susan, I hope your friend can make the breakfast date tomorrow.

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Just back from today's walk.  2.15 miles.  I did wear a lidocaine patch to help with the compression pain I get in my lower back.  That was yesterday's problem.  I had cut out my Aleve and discovered I still need it.  My left leg was not happy.  I managed to walk that pain out.  I did stop and talk with the neighbor from the burned house.  They still have not found the cat and report smelling decay near the house.  The cat's body may be under debris.  They don't have an official cause of the fire, but they think it was the dishwasher.  I guess that is not uncommon and there have been several recalls on dishwashers in the past due to electrical problems. 

Before my knee replacements I was going up on all fours.  I called it the crab crawl.  It helped take the pressure off the knees, but that is a different problem than yours.  It sounds like you have a decent plan of action doing the physio before tackling the stairs.  As much as we'd like to avoid stairs, the purpose of surgery and medical intervention is to make us as whole as possible and stairs are a part of daily life.  You'll get there, but not as fast as you'd like.  That's the thing with being a senior.  Everything takes more time.  

Meanwhile, I think my hernia repair has come loose.  I felt something pop on my left side two weeks ago.  It was pretty sore for a few days, but seemed to get better.  However, I am bulging out the abdomen again.  The bulge is not from weight gain because I've actually lost 10 pounds.  Sigh......  They said I couldn't do anything to hurt it, so it wasn't my fault!

Debbie, I'm glad you are able to walk more even if you need the Aleve.  I'm sorry it appears the neighbor's cat did not survive the fire.  That must be so hard on them.  And, Yikes, on the hernia popping open.

2 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning, 

We have rain! Right now it's showers but supposed to get heavier as the day goes on. By tomorrow it will be gone and we'll be back in the low 80's again. 

Yesterday was a lovely day. The "kids" and the neighbors came at 2:00 and I had the meal timed just right. We all enjoyed enchiladas and sopapillas as well as some good conversations. DS got spoiled and that's the way it should be. I got a bit teary in the morning but was fine - not sure why but it hits me sometimes. 

Today is the pool for water aerobics and a possible grocery store stop on the way home. Then I have cards to get out here and lots of other things. My medallion for the Discovery Princess cruise on the 10th is in the mail today. 

Have a good day!

Karen

Karen, I'm happy the birthday party was such a success.

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Sharon, it's a bit ironic because we moved from The Woodlands, 30 miles north of Houston, in 1999 to get away from the humidity.  This are was so much drier until about 9 years ago when the humidity followed us north.  It is still not as bad most days as that in south Texas.  There, by the time you get in your car to go someplace, you already need a shower.

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

It rained here last night too, @SusieKIslandGirl, I heard it on the skylight when I got up at 3.  And the deck is wet, but it's not raining any more.  Hope we have more, the fire near Sooke is still growing, and our air is smoky.  

Good morning Dailyites, thanks for all the news!  I remember butlers, and nowadays we occasionally get Miss Fisher's butler, Mr. Butler...  I haven't been to the port of the day, so I will join Charlene, @cunnorl, and add a couple of pictures of Prince Christian Sound from our Viking Passage cruise in 2022,   The colour of the water was  absolutely amazing.

Pat is going for bloodwork this morning, and I will stay home and make soda bread.  We are having some of the neighbours in tomorrow for drinkies, and I thought I would serve some brown bread with smoked salmon, just wish it were Irish smoked salmon!  Still waiting to hear from the Cancer Clinic, I know they are backed up, but we have a cruise booked for October, all paid for, and any treatments are going to have to be worked around it!  My GP is supposed to be organizing a shot into my hip as well, and I want to have that in September.  He said I have to wait and see what date they give me.  Maybe I'll have to see if I can get it done in Port Angeles sooner.

And Pat definitely needs his new valve, it was so annoying;  we went to his cardiologist appointment on Friday, as the little card said, and they said it was all a mistake, his appointment is August 26 not July - the card was written wrong - I think the girl forgot to write it in the doctor's appointment list and gave the time to someone else.... They are supposed to call today to see if they can fit him in sooner.  

I like Dry Sack, that used to be our go to sherry, but now I prefer a sweeter one, maybe Bristol Cream or even Milk.  No thanks to the soup,  but I like tigers and chicken wings.

I will be saying some prayers today for those ailing, Jacqui, Tana, Annie and Chuck, and thinking of Pauline on a sad remembrance day.

Our route through the Prince Christian Sound

IMG_1242.thumb.jpeg.8f25d5a084d77f6194b8fa8b27ec439d.jpeg

Can you imagine living here?

IMG_1222.thumb.jpeg.234cbf9b0c73db613d9358dec069af66.jpeg

Amazing colours

IMG_1208.thumb.jpeg.e6a5f1c446bf85039b2ec8e4ddd066dc.jpeg

IMG_1210.thumb.jpeg.9b89ad12e9d226f1b5c3dd7009f8dd04.jpeg

Anne what a bummer about Pat's appointment.  Since it was their mistake, I hope they can work him in sooner.  Thanks for the pictures from Prince Christian Sound.  The small village in your picture is Aappilattoq.  In 2017 on Prinsendam, we stopped near the village and Captain DD and some of the officers went ashore to arrange a visit by the Prinsendam for our return trip through the sound.  It was an interesting stop for the passengers.  We were allowed to go ashore in groups of about 1/3 of the passengers each and had two hours ashore where we could walk around.  We were surprised when we went ashore there were so few villagers and no children around.  They were all on the Prinsendam enjoying hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza and ice cream.

DSC09668.thumb.JPG.a7e93b335021f8d3fe19130753289741.JPGDSC09668.thumb.JPG.a7e93b335021f8d3fe19130753289741.JPG

DSC09675.thumb.JPG.c127e6d8895b5e7830c9aaf8c38d6f8e.JPG

DSC09679.thumb.JPG.f68c98ab8d78e17074f52765967a7587.JPG

DSC09682.thumb.JPG.9dae2c86dfc5a40d8236ef7347931e7f.JPG

DSC09684.thumb.JPG.0bfabb0f1d18c7510ff2b661c7cf8c2f.JPG

DSC09689.thumb.JPG.86acdc1511b21fd1d9ae28705346d13a.JPG

Some of the crew in the shore party had fun that day.

DSC09672.thumb.JPG.3abddcb50ada894f64c55de7f8a11ef6.JPG

Lenda

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

Tigers are beautiful creatures. No butler here or on my cruises. I like a good chicken wing; a new place opened up near me but I haven't tried it. Wry quote. I like the meal, maybe on the drink and pass on the wine (not a sherry fan). I have been to Australia, but haven't been to Newcastle. 

It's hot and humid here, with an air quality alert. We may get some rain tonight, or the next few days. When I went to bed last night, as soon as I turned on my right side I felt like I was whirling so fast that I'd fling out of bed! But it was the opposite direction from when my PCP tested me. I'm so confused, lol. This AM I did the maneuver my PCP had printed out, and have felt better today. I also found a home version of the Epley maneuver online this AM and may try that. I'm just back from PT; my therapist didn't do any vertigo maneuvers since I'm feeling better today. I also woke up around 5:30, too early to post the Cares List, and next thing I know it's 7:30 AM!

@Paw13 Thinking of you on this memory day of your dear Father.

@cunnorl That's a gorgeous area.

@rafinmd I'm glad to hear that you're sleeping comfortably, Roy.

@cat shepard I'm sure Brayden has lots of interesting things to relate.

@ottahand7 A meal from things you grew or caught is fun. I couldn't plant my tomatoes this year due to my surgery.

@kazu I hope the steps aren't too taxing. I will put you on the rotation. 

@tjcox9 Thanks for the photos from Newcastle. 

@dfish Great news on the distance you were able to walk. I would love to do a solar eclipse cruise too. Oh no on the hernia repair issue!

@grapau27 Those are all techniques I used or am using for navigating going up and down my stairs.

@marshhawk You really are going back in time. Cute cabins. Thanks for the photos.

@lindaler I'm sure you enjoy seeing your DS weekly.

@Overhead Fred 😁

@Vict0riann I hope you hear from the Cancer Clinic soon, so that you can make plans. Ugh on the mix up with Pat's Cardiology appointment; I hope they can get him in sooner. Lovely Prince Christian Sound photos. 

@quilty964 I hope your grand dog is ok. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Nice photos from Aappilattoq.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 7

27 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Anne what a bummer about Pat's appointment.  Since it was their mistake, I hope they can work him in sooner.  Thanks for the pictures from Prince Christian Sound.  The small village in your picture is Aappilattoq.  In 2017 on Prinsendam, we stopped near the village and Captain DD and some of the officers went ashore to arrange a visit by the Prinsendam for our return trip through the sound.  It was an interesting stop for the passengers.  We were allowed to go ashore in groups of about 1/3 of the passengers each and had two hours ashore where we could walk around.  We were surprised when we went ashore there were so few villagers and no children around.  They were all on the Prinsendam enjoying hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza and ice cream.

DSC09668.thumb.JPG.a7e93b335021f8d3fe19130753289741.JPGDSC09668.thumb.JPG.a7e93b335021f8d3fe19130753289741.JPG

DSC09675.thumb.JPG.c127e6d8895b5e7830c9aaf8c38d6f8e.JPG

DSC09679.thumb.JPG.f68c98ab8d78e17074f52765967a7587.JPG

DSC09682.thumb.JPG.9dae2c86dfc5a40d8236ef7347931e7f.JPG

DSC09684.thumb.JPG.0bfabb0f1d18c7510ff2b661c7cf8c2f.JPG

DSC09689.thumb.JPG.86acdc1511b21fd1d9ae28705346d13a.JPG

Some of the crew in the shore party had fun that day.

DSC09672.thumb.JPG.3abddcb50ada894f64c55de7f8a11ef6.JPG

Lenda

Lucky Lenda!  I think Aappilattoq has not invited passengers ashore since Covid.  Some of the residents came out in boats to wave at us, and I don't know if the ship offloaded some supplies for them.  But how isolated an existence!

IMG_1227.thumb.jpeg.a175a80a44f64bddd47782ca10bc1c5e.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

Sam from the cardiologist's office called - she never apologized, but Pat now has an appointment on the 7th.  She wanted bloodwork, and I told her Pat was at the lab as we spoke having bloodwork done for the urologist, she said she would try to contact the lab and get them to take enough blood to do what she wanted, too!  If not he'll have to go in again on Friday.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

32 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Sam from the cardiologist's office called - she never apologized, but Pat now has an appointment on the 7th.  She wanted bloodwork, and I told her Pat was at the lab as we spoke having bloodwork done for the urologist, she said she would try to contact the lab and get them to take enough blood to do what she wanted, too!  If not he'll have to go in again on Friday.

Ann, that is good news, and I hope she got through to the lab in time to have the blood drawn today.

36 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Lucky Lenda!  I think Aappilattoq has not invited passengers ashore since Covid.  Some of the residents came out in boats to wave at us, and I don't know if the ship offloaded some supplies for them.  But how isolated an existence!

IMG_1227.thumb.jpeg.a175a80a44f64bddd47782ca10bc1c5e.jpeg

We we lucky, and it was a wonderful experience to see how they lived.  Who can blame them for barring visitors after Covid, especially so far from major medical help.

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

Tigers are beautiful creatures. No butler here or on my cruises. I like a good chicken wing; a new place opened up near me but I haven't tried it. Wry quote. I like the meal, maybe on the drink and pass on the wine (not a sherry fan). I have been to Australia, but haven't been to Newcastle. 

It's hot and humid here, with an air quality alert. We may get some rain tonight, or the next few days. When I went to bed last night, as soon as I turned on my right side I felt like I was whirling so fast that I'd fling out of bed! But it was the opposite direction from when my PCP tested me. I'm so confused, lol. This AM I did the maneuver my PCP had printed out, and have felt better today. I also found a home version of the Epley maneuver online this AM and may try that. I'm just back from PT; my therapist didn't do any vertigo maneuvers since I'm feeling better today. I also woke up around 5:30, too early to post the Cares List, and next thing I know it's 7:30 AM!

@Paw13 Thinking of you on this memory day of your dear Father.

@cunnorl That's a gorgeous area.

@rafinmd I'm glad to hear that you're sleeping comfortably, Roy.

@cat shepard I'm sure Brayden has lots of interesting things to relate.

@ottahand7 A meal from things you grew or caught is fun. I couldn't plant my tomatoes this year due to my surgery.

@kazu I hope the steps aren't too taxing. I will put you on the rotation. 

@tjcox9 Thanks for the photos from Newcastle. 

@dfish Great news on the distance you were able to walk. I would love to do a solar eclipse cruise too. Oh no on the hernia repair issue!

@grapau27 Those are all techniques I used or am using for navigating going up and down my stairs.

@marshhawk You really are going back in time. Cute cabins. Thanks for the photos.

@lindaler I'm sure you enjoy seeing your DS weekly.

@Overhead Fred 😁

@Vict0riann I hope you hear from the Cancer Clinic soon, so that you can make plans. Ugh on the mix up with Pat's Cardiology appointment; I hope they can get him in sooner. Lovely Prince Christian Sound photos. 

@quilty964 I hope your grand dog is ok. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Nice photos from Aappilattoq.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Thank you Vanessa from Pauline and me.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 11

8 hours ago, LambKnuckles said:

...On Family Affair, Sebastian Cabot played Mr. French...  a proper butler to a bachelor in NYC, keeping track of all his Master's girlfriends and dates...  then the master inherits three children after his brother's death.  And this proper English Butler has to learn how to manage children...

I found a photo               undefined

I will admit to being a HUGE Family Affair addict...and Mrs Beasley slept on my bed until I left for college. 🫣❤️

She's quite pricey at the online auction house these days.

Screenshot_20240729_153113_Chrome.jpg

• Like 18
  • Haha 2

The VA finally came thru with approval for a pair of glasses after my exam a couple of months ago so I went to the local optical company to pick out a pair this morning.  Not sure why they picked this company as it seems to be more expensive then the other ones in town.

Sorry to see that so many of us are having difficulty getting up and down stairs in their house.  We have a two story house and have been thinking that maybe we should move to a one story house because of things like carrying laundry up and down the stairs as we age.  I wonder if a cost effective alternative to installing an elevator would be those mechanical chair things that are used with existing stairs.  Do any of us dailyites have any experience with them?

Ray

• Like 15

14 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

The VA finally came thru with approval for a pair of glasses after my exam a couple of months ago so I went to the local optical company to pick out a pair this morning.  Not sure why they picked this company as it seems to be more expensive then the other ones in town.

Sorry to see that so many of us are having difficulty getting up and down stairs in their house.  We have a two story house and have been thinking that maybe we should move to a one story house because of things like carrying laundry up and down the stairs as we age.  I wonder if a cost effective alternative to installing an elevator would be those mechanical chair things that are used with existing stairs.  Do any of us dailyites have any experience with them?

Ray

Ray we've been having the same discussion.  Our problem is the stairs don't go straight up, there's a small landing and then a turn to the rest of the stairs.  I supposed it could be done, but would cost more than a straight shot.

My Dear Dad actually looked into putting a small elevator in his house and had it arranged but then he passed away before it was begun.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Yes, we have rain!  Finally.  A nice gentle, steady rain and will go through tomorrow morning.  @SusieKIslandGirl I'm not sure where you are

We're on Vashon, directly across from Sea-Tac airport. And the rain we did have that reset our weather gauge was 0.015" so it barely counts. Sadly, the rain here didn't last and everything is dry again. I hope some more shows up. Everyone I spoke with this morning agreed it was a lovely, cloudy PNW day😅.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1