LIVE from the Rotterdam’s Best of Norway: August 17-31, 2024

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from 0106! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

0106 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

What’s the best way to pass time while sitting in the airport waiting for your flight? Start your LIVE thread! Today we will travel on Delta from Baltimore to Atlanta to Amsterdam.  I used Flightease to book our flights because I found them to be less expensive than booking directly with the airline. I also like that I didn’t have to pay for them until I paid for our cruise 90 days before departure.

I have three previous sailings on the Rotterdam.  I am happy to answer any questions you have about the ship.

I will be concentrating on the ports and excursions.IMG_0839.jpeg.47feab354df1982f2e7e67ebd8ca5707.jpeg

We begin the cruise and have a turn around day in Rotterdam.  We are also visiting Gothenburg which is not shown on the map.

I invite anyone sailing with me to add your impressions to this thread.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 8

Safe travels and have an awesome time.  I loved Flam, Eidfjord, Bergen, and Stavanger.  Next trip to Eidfjord we want to do the kayaking on the fjord.  We did the RIB last time and also hiked to a nearby lake.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Have a great cruise! I'll be following along closely as we'll be aboard the Rotterdam to some of those same ports next month. We're also visiting Stavanger but understand we will actually be docked in Sandnes which adds a little wrinkle...wonder if you will dock there as well.

Edited by grannyshell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good Afternoon from Rotterdam! Our flights on Delta were fine.  The Delta staff in Atlanta was taking pictures of our plane so I asked them why.  The plane has only been in service for two weeks because it was retrofitted to include many more premium seats and painted for the 2028 LA Olympics.  IMG_0840.thumb.jpeg.a15c399bcbb0337a1baf8442adc78238.jpeg

IMG_0841.thumb.jpeg.2d8a8882564c2aba13860408ea362ce4.jpeg

IMG_0843.thumb.jpeg.79cca51c2bd98bd261b2efabd8f53d6b.jpeg

We arrived on time to Schiphol.  Customs was a breeze, no line. We proceeded to the train station and bought intercity direct tickets to Rotterdam for 17.40 euros. It was easy to manage our carryons and backpacks.  There was plenty of seating. The direct train took 31 minutes. IMG_0849.thumb.jpeg.7e4de07e0196188359a2fa3aa4b5d549.jpeg
It took us about 10 minutes to walk to our hotel, The James.  Very nice, allowed us to check in early.IMG_0850.thumb.jpeg.f4cfc485e2ecf1ad50c47373154375e0.jpegMore tomorrow.

Edited by 0106
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 6