The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday August 17th, 2024

richwmn

W

26 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

This may be a dumb question, but two people here mentioned something about lying.  I never saw it brought up.  Can I be blocked from reading someone?    Did I block someone?  Ee gads!  What have I done?

You may have quickly glossed over something.  It refers to "What is 'is' day" referring to the Monica Lewinski hearings.  The posts you may be thinking of are #21 and #47.

Roy

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Mona Lisa and DaVinci are essentially black cats, although one has a faint trace of white and the other has a little more. BTW, shelter workers are very wary of anyone who comes in asking for black cats.

In 1998 I had a Hebrew-school teacher who was going to offer an elective class called The Jewish Hall of Fame. On the first day, the students asked if they could learn about Monica Lewinsky. I said that that it was Hall of Fame, not Hall of Notoriety.

IMG_0077.jpeg.e430cf8d06367b9ca7e752f7dae459fb.jpegIMG_0076.jpeg.3fb9362f8fbed074280b090ee791d0d1.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, Live4cruises said:

@kazu Thank you for sharing your beautiful home!  I agree the listing price looks low, and I certainly hope the guidance you got from the realtor is accurate. We will know very soon!  
I can imagine how irritated you must be at your new place waffling on the date.

I have been assured I don’t have to accept any offer if they are not  good enough.  Nor will I.  I can fake walking away and putting a real price on it if I have to.

It’s really not the  place’s fault that this has happened and they let me know as soon as they knew.  I will update tomorrow when I know a smidge more.

Another showing  so got to prep.  LOL.

4 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

@kazu What a beautiful home.  If that was around here, you could triple the asking price.  Hope you get a good offer that fits your needs.

When Jose first died I was asked why not move to Ontario to be closer to my family there.  I know the prices there.  People that move here can’t believe the pricing.  those of us that want to go there get sticker shock.  Besides, I’ve been in the Maritimes far too long.  I consider myself one after nearly 50 years here. 😉 

• Like 26

@kazu.

Your home looked lovely especially the flooring,back yard and garden.

The basement is massive.

Hopefully you get a bidding contest because the price looks exceptionally reasonable for what the property provides.

Best wishes.

Graham x

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Hi there Dailyites. 

Sorry for the sporadic posts. My nerves have gotten the best of me on my sister's upcoming surgery.

@kazu your home is lovely. The floors are stunning. We had heated hickory floors in Coeur d'Alene and loved them. Here in Texas we have all tile except the 3 bedrooms. Would live to have my wooden floors back.

I need to check the roll call and see how @lindaler is. I hope she is still able to make the cruise.

@richwmn would love a chance to see you again. We will see you around the ship for sure. 

Wishing you all a blessed day.

• Like 21

12 minutes ago, kazu said:

When Jose first died I was asked why not move to Ontario to be closer to my family there.  I know the prices there.  People that move here can’t believe the pricing.  those of us that want to go there get sticker shock.  Besides, I’ve been in the Maritimes far too long.  I consider myself one after nearly 50 years here. 😉 

I guess that's why a few people we know have decided to relocate to the Maritimes upon retirement.  Sell here for big money, buy a great home there for a lot less and still have money to travel.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon

I'm in for the day, it's too warm to do much outside and getting warmer.  I did work on the 2 compost bins and added compost to the new raised bed.  It felt good to get that done.  Can't wait to plant in the spring!

Jacqui @kazu Your home is lovely and as others have said, it would go for much, much more here.  Probably 4 times your asking price.  House prices here are outrageous.  

I think we'll be getting take-out tonight from Panera.  I've been getting daily offers from them ever since I sent a not-so-good review to them.  They've done away with the only sandwich I really liked (Napa Almond Chicken).  Roy @rafinmd I know you go to Panera often, is it still on the menu in your area?

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

I guess that's why a few people we know have decided to relocate to the Maritimes upon retirement.  Sell here for big money, buy a great home there for a lot less and still have money to travel.

We had a slew here move during covid since we were so much “safer”. For quite a long time.  they pushed the property taxes up 25%. And they paid more than asking prices for houses, gladly.

that might be what started tho bidding war process, not sure.  Not all realtors do it and it doesn’t work for all homes.  My realtors think it does for mine. 🤞

I am actually getting very sad at the whole process.  It’s getting real and in some ways I don’t want to go even though I know it’s the right thing to do. 😪

• Like 22
  • Thanks 9

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

This may be a dumb question, but two people here mentioned something about lying.  I never saw it brought up.  Can I be blocked from reading someone?    Did I block someone?  Ee gads!  What have I done?

You didn’t do a thing. I had to look it up. I don’t watch much news especially national news. It made sense when I realized what it was. 

• Like 17

43 minutes ago, kazu said:

I am actually getting very sad at the whole process.  It’s getting real and in some ways I don’t want to go even though I know it’s the right thing to do. 😪

Jacqui, I believe once you find a family that absolutely loves your home, and plan on making new memories there, you will find peace.

You will have your beautiful Ivan, and taking Jose/Teddy. You can help enhance the gardens in your new apartment and meet new friends. 

I'm praying Daily for you sister.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Jacqui, I believe once you find a family that absolutely loves your home, and plan on making new memories there, you will find peace.

You will have your beautiful Ivan, and taking Jose/Teddy. You can help enhance the gardens in your new apartment and meet new friends. 

I'm praying Daily for you sister.

Ahh thanks Joy ♥️. I already have some people x’d off the lis and don’t care what their offer is.  I know they will turn the home into a rooming house and I will NOT do that to this lovely neighbourhood.

I have 3 I hope bid decently enough that I can accept.  If it’s just a few thousand less as long as it is close enough I would rather they have it.

They have touched me and I know they will cherish it - especially one.  I make note of the realtors so I will know whose offer I am looking at. 

• Like 25

Good afternoon everyone!

I'm home from the Discovery Princess and it was a great cruise! 

First of all DM says to thank everyone for all her birthday wishes on Monday. She went out to lunch with my sisters, had to wear a sash that said "It's My Birthday" and enjoyed every minute of it. I'd sent flowers from the big box store and they arrived on Friday. She loves that as the flowers last a long time. 

@kazu Your home is gorgeous! I hope it all works out for you. 

I've converted another friend to cruising. The other Karen and I had a great time. Our weather was perfect except for a bit in Skagway. Glacier Bay was blue skies and sunshine and just stunning. The other Karen has some food issues and I knew the cruise lines handle that well from all I've read but I've never experienced it. Well, the dining staff on the Discovery were amazing. She can't have onions, garlic and a few other herbs and has to watch lactose. They Dining Room Manager would bring her the menu each night for the next night so she could pre-order. One night she really wanted lasagna as she hadn't had it in years. She was told "Of course" and the next night, after one bite, her eyes were big and it was "This is amazing!!". The same goes for the prime rib last night and she got her first taste of lobster (and loved it). 

Now that I'm home, the suitcases are in the house and my neighbor has been down for tea. I've looked at the mail, called DM to let her know I was home safely so the next is to get the suitcases open and start laundry (can't wait until next month for the Eurodam and free laundry). 

On a ship my laptop browsers will not let me sign in to CC so I can read the Daily but can't post. 

Thanks again!!!

Karen

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, I have to admit that I was never a Clinton fan, so "is" was, and was is all that matters now.  Off to the bank.  I cleared out  alot of my savings, but to get the kitty spayed on Monday cost over 600 dollars!  OMG.  I need to buy insurance on these guys.  So while they wont take a check, they will take cash.  And I can then stop at store to buy bacon, to make another quiche tomorrow.  I remembered the cheese but not the meat.  

@kazuYour house and home are lovely, but you are leaving it so that you dont have so much work to do keeping up with it.  I should have moved years ago before all the strays showed up.

Now I feel like I'm their family.  But I cant mow the lawn, cant keep up with repairs, cant clear out the back 40....right now I'm arguing with wall paper paste that was stuck behind the bathroom mirror that fell off the wall.  (saved it, it didnt break)  But I need to start addressing these things, and find someone who can do them for me, and not charge me alot.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

So we’re boarded for the second leg of our journey to Bean Town and our carry-ons are still with us. Before opening for business the Gate Agent announced that anyone in boarding group 6 was to report to her if they had wheeled luggage. And she offered a carrot of sorts for anyone else who would gate check their luggage for free- first boarding of the plane. Not sure if she got takers. 
All 3 of our items- a carry-on and 2 personal items- are safely stowed under the seat in front of us. 

(My carry-on is exactly the width and length allowed, and is 2” smaller than the limit.  So in theory, ANY legal carry-on SHOULD fit under the seat in this Airbus model.)

• Like 21

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

think we'll be getting take-out tonight from Panera.  I've been getting daily offers from them ever since I sent a not-so-good review to them.  They've done away with the only sandwich I really liked (Napa Almond Chicken).  Roy @rafinmd I know you go to Panera often, is it still on the menu in your area?

Sadly, after my post Rotterdam hospitalization in November I learned how much sodium there was in my Panera favorites so I haven't seen much of them lately.

Roy

• Like 11
  • Thanks 9

6 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Laura, having just flown this week I can certainly agree about the blatant disregard of the carry on limits.  I saw luggage that resembled bean bag chairs, plus the couple had 3 other fairly large bags.  What the heck?  We decided to check a bag instead of me carrying one on just because there's rarely enough overhead space by our seat for the two of us to put one up there.  I hope your luggage arrives safely and you have a wonderful trip.

Same observations having flown as recently as yesterday and Sunday. So many people standing in the aisles while FAs worked the overhead bins like Tetris, ultimately having most of the bags checked. Just check it when you know it's longer than the bin is 🥴

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I have 3 I hope bid decently enough that I can accept.  If it’s just a few thousand less as long as it is close enough I would rather they have it.

They have touched me and I know they will cherish it - especially one.  I make note of the realtors so I will know whose offer I am looking at. 

Jacqui, that shows the strength of your character and the values that you have.  It is more important that you have someone you trust to take care of all you and Jose created with your home.  You can't put a value on something like that.  I do hope that one of the 3 give you a bid that is close enough for you to accept.  

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Ahh thanks Joy ♥️. I already have some people x’d off the lis and don’t care what their offer is.  I know they will turn the home into a rooming house and I will NOT do that to this lovely neighbourhood.

I'm impressed (but not surprised) that you care more about your home and neighborhood than the almighty dollar.  I do hope the right people make an offer and that they are the ones to carry on after you depart.    

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Sadly, after my post Rotterdam hospitalization in November I learned how much sodium there was in my Panera favorites so I haven't seen much of them lately.

Roy

Thank you Roy, I'm sorry to hear that.

I know what you mean, I spend a lot of time looking at sodium content too.  Unfortunately so much restaurant food is high in sodium. 😞 

• Like 13