The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday September 11th, 2024

@cat shepard we’ve been through Heathrow numerous times, and our rule of thumb is at least three hours.   If your flight is delayed even a little bit there is no margin for error.  My two cents, I’d rather spend five hours not worrying and visiting the shops.  I’ve seen too many people panicking and running trying to make a flight.  They do have buses between the terminals,  that work well but it all takes time.   You may be fine, but I wouldn’t risk it.  If you don’t make it, you’re at the mercy of other lineups trying to get on a replacement flight.  It also depends where you are going if you need to clear customs, but you will most likely need to go through security again, Sorry to be such a downer.   

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, bennybear said:

@cat shepard we’ve been through Heathrow numerous times, and our rule of thumb is at least three hours.   If your flight is delayed even a little bit there is no margin for error.  My two cents, I’d rather spend five hours not worrying and visiting the shops.  I’ve seen too many people panicking and running trying to make a flight.  They do have buses between the terminals,  that work well but it all takes time.   You may be fine, but I wouldn’t risk it.  If you don’t make it, you’re at the mercy of other lineups trying to get on a replacement flight.  It also depends where you are going if you need to clear customs, but you will most likely need to go through security again, Sorry to be such a downer.   

I agree.  Last time I was there I spent more time at Customs and Security than making the actual transfer.

Roy

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Good morning all Late this morning since I did not sleep well last night and then my morning schedule was thrown off by rain. Bandit does not mind going out in it to do his business, but the Monty Chihuahua will melt (or at least he thinks he will). We had a number of false starts this morning, but all was accomplished. The sun is out now and I will take the little stinkers for a longer walk shortly .... Fall is in the air with temperatures in the low to mid-40's when we get started in the mornings. High's only into the low 70's. And suddenly there are splashes of color in the trees. From here in the valley I can see the Aspen turning in the High Country. And the "s" word is beginning to slip into the weather forecasts.

I was teaching huge Freshman class on 9/11 and spent most the day sitting in my lab with a TV on. Students came and went, we had a coffee pot on and someone went out and got sandwiches. Everyone wanted company.

Have been to today's destination on the Grand South America aboard the Princendam. That was a wonderful cruise.

@kazuI an glad the move has been accomplished. Take it easy settling in. You and Ivan deserve a bit of a rest although I know that packing boxes are not restful. @rafinmdHope you can get settled into rehab quickly and that it will be a short stay. Best wishes to all others having problems at this time.

Susan

• Like 25

7 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We stopped in Coquimbo, Chile on two of our South America cruises.  Once in 2012 on Star Princess and again in 2015 on Ruby Princess. 

Coquimbo, Chile on March 5, 2015, Star Princess circumnavigation of South America.  Arrival at the pier and a group of dancers to entertain us.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJcKxpIA7aYElBU-YT5nI_q?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1427216663

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIN2-p3rJZsJoSDWXGvqfN9?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1427216669

From the ship you could walk through a small marketplace set up for the tourists.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKjeaYEKb6aLpP6UFZlk3xD?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1427216672

Just offshore this seemingly abandoned boat, except for the birds aboard.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJkzeYtdBMM1CymkKnA_AKn?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1427216676

Besides birds there was plenty of other wildlife hanging around looking for a handout.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLrbN4IrOaOz-uFbmHaLk6S?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1427216690

Local fishermen checking their nets.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKxvbx_cZdJIN89hu_mwpzs?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1427216698

The result of those nets00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKwtqKa7iUWSnTmOdFFddUX?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1427216700

This mom was happy to show off her chubby-cheeked baby.  Awww!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKSPFaseTKbblvf3TRvZjz5?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1427216718

On our walk back we noticed the sidewalk area was decorated with these designs.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJVxJZcYUbPnIQwntbCoI6i?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1427216720

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIvKJAC1Y_pTOloUD-DqPce?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1427216720

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJSl3KjmAeCQeIVmIB_VdoF?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1427216723

This cross on the hillside is called the Third Millennium cross.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKId-ayjZIDUxovBQnm3i2i?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1427216735

Our 2012 trip to Coquimbo on Star Princess included a shuttle bus to drive us to the La Serena area.  When we were dropped off it was rather quiet but things moved along as the morning went on.  Our friend who was also on this cruise looked hard for a place to make a phone call to her mother who was not in the greatest health.  She eventually found a place where you could rent a computer or place phone calls using her calling card.  At that time a lot of us didn't have cell phones with international calling plans.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLNswgGTnV3IqerWu36mMu4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332643714

You can see how deserted the streets and parks were. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJX783n4lTiwsn59hV48bt4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332643715

An interesting modern-art type fountain with figures.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL6GVUYISlYqd1c99otj-tC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332643726

We decided the gardeners here didn't want their flowers eaten by hungry marauders and placed sticker bush branches over them.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKSNScOLmzNM42PAxL6XrdC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332643730

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJkbwS06O9C3Woy3MV_VV1I?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332643753

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLzP9LC4jLhhss8LsUGEcJM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332643764

I've checked and this date was a Sunday, so perhaps everyone was already at church.  Or sleeping in.  As we walked to the market near the Plaza de Armas we noticed most of the pedestrians looked like tourists.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKlB4leZeNnr9vb3Wx0a03u?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332643781

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ-CwvkoJxjTIfAHrk5WfPq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332643794

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJtWgQKGX7zL9tmOTOwAhyC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332643799

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJbDkznfm5wDFZk8ElpgyTy?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332643788

After our excursion to the shopping mecca, we arrived back at the ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKGKmhqSl2IFYSBbWai_H-x?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332643833

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLAFOCFaHQ4JIZQ4nONFsFR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332643823

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL2sOZMs6HP3SaRJsTk1BpS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332643836

An interesting spot to explore while visiting South America.  

Great photos Sandi.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Never Forget. 

Thank you for today’s FR&D, Sandi - for Rich! Praying that all is well with you. 

Well the rains finally seem to be slowing down a bit. I saw stars last night & this morning, and I even saw the moon behind a thin layer of clouds last night. I have no clue where all the water has gone. Whoever designed my community did an excellent job. 

Vanessa! I am so sorry to read about your leg pain. I pray that the doctor can figure this out. Fast. And permanently. 
Thank you for keeping up with all of us. 

Just a normal Wednesday for me, except I will be booking my flights for Egypt today. They need to be fully refundable, but the prices keep going up and will soon be outside of the limit I set for myself. So today is the day. 

Any of you familiar with Heathrow airport - is 2.5 hours enough time to get from terminal 5 to terminal 2? I would like to avoid hiring a “concierge” to manage my connection for me, but I have never flown into or through Heathrow before. Their website makes the connection sound so easy. 😎

The third in our Denali NP sign series…

IMG_3374.jpeg.9d02151a631871e9bf5218a695b4ce73.jpeg

IMG_3409.jpeg.3fd677f34bb60a2dc10bb56ccc9feb70.jpeg

IMG_3379.jpeg.a4e327b10266e1157157127db972ad8a.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Praying for Tana, Terry & DB, Bonnie, Melisa & DH, Chuck & Annie, Nancy’s DB - Nick, Roy, Jacqui, Sandy, Terri & Jim and all our caregivers. 

Where is @Nickelpenny?

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

2020 Riesling, Zeltinger Schlossberg Kabinett, Selbach-Oster, Mosel

Another lovely German Riesling, that is fairly easy to find and reasonably priced. I had to look up “botrytized” - to deliberately cultivate a gray mold on grapes to enhance the sweetness of certain wines. And we can drink or hold this one! Online prices start at $26.97.

Distributor notes

Mosel Valley Nectar: Indulge in the luscious sweetness and vibrant acidity of this Auslese Riesling from Selbach-Oster. This 2020 Zeltinger Schlossberg bottling boasts a symphony of ripe stone fruit, honey, and spice, with a lingering minerality that reflects the unique terroir.

REVIEWS

James Suckling

96 Points, James Suckling, JamesSuckling.com: "Do yourself a favor and sit down with this very sensual riesling! A stunning Mosel Auslese that proves these wines can be really stunning drunk young and have great aging potential. Very long, cool and crisp finish. Drink or hold." 

94 Points, Jean Fisch and David Rayer, Mosel Fine Wines: "The 2020 Zeltinger Schlossberg Riesling Auslese was made from slightly botrytized fruit and was fermented down to sweet levels of residual sugar. It offers a beautiful nose of white peach, cassis, elderflower, and a hint of whipped cream and a touch of apricot blossom. The wine has a nicely creamy feel of apricot and fine herbs in the long finish. 2030-2050" 

The transfer is easy usually about 20 minutes to get from terminal 5 to terminal 2 but you will need to go through security again at terminal 2.

Screenshot_20240911_185441.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Everyone is up and getting ready as we have reservations to visit the lighthouse. We have been several times but the son and family have not. It’s the most western lighthouse in America. The resort had s’mores last night which granddaughter enjoyed then we enjoyed a fajitas dinner followed by another spectacular sunset.

Son and family leave tomorrow for the Big Island and Sue’s mirror twin sister arrives for the rest of our stay here.

Got to go and will catch up later. Sandi I hope your test results are normal. Have a great day everyone. NEVER FORGET,🇺🇸

image.thumb.jpeg.1b4bb5c7203af5766be71470d779a41f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fb7221dfca6cdf2712b5c6960763bff0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b7360db844eac39096337fff7b736f46.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.909f1e7f00b0017e5dd542db20ab60c7.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 6

5 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. I always struggle through this day and remember all too well how it was for our family members who worked in the city as well as all those lives lost. My DD DH and I were in the chemo clinic at Columbia last year and met a former policeman our age whose cancer was a 9/11 result. My cousins were two young police officers down at “the pile” as it was called for many months. They both have respiratory issues. I lived a little north of here and could still see that awful grey cloud for several weeks when I looked downriver to the city. 
I have not been to the port and would probably like the recipe. The quote requires more than my one cup of coffee allotment.

My DB and I were talking yesterday about life in general and how one just has to keep showing up to find out what happens. The teenager is going through a tough time and was looking for someone to argue with but eventually he was sharing a laugh with DB about something else. I am so glad he is here with us as his personality is beneficial to all. Both of my brothers were able to negotiate through a difficult situation growing up and I am still thanking him for always being there.

I was glad to read that Roy will go to rehab but sorry to read about Nick’s ongoing status. I hope Pat’s surgery gets approved very soon. And I hope Jacqui and Ivan are settling in well.

Take care everyone 

Terry, your DB sounds like he's a big help for the entire family.  My heart goes out to the teenager.  It's hard enough to have a parent who is ill, but it's especially hard on our children.  It is good he can take time for the teenager and to get him to laugh.

5 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

Today is a day that we will always remember.  Here is the tribute from the Clydesdale horses.

Last night was a toss and turn night for me.  I finally fell asleep around 3 am.  So, today will drag a bit.  It will be another beautiful day with sunny skies and a high in the mid 80s.  

@StLouisCruisers I hope all your tests come back quickly and show nothing serious.  Hugs to you!

@rafinmd Roy, good to hear from you and glad the transfer will take place.  

@kazu I hope you have a leisurely day of unpacking and getting settled.  It will be easier as the days go by.  I hope the surgeon's plan is an easy fix. 

@Vict0riann I hope you get good news about Pat's surgery.

@JazzyV I sure hope you can get some help for the leg pain and that it can be quickly resolved.

@marshhawk Hugs to you and Chuck.  I hope he can get some relief for his pain.

Today's meal sounds good to me.  I would probably do half couscous and half riced cauliflower to cut the starchy carbs a bit.  Other vegetables can be added in.  Salmon Couscous Salad

salmoncouscoussalad1.thumb.jpg.ca8e1496d4f442ab1e21a7564dfe4b6a.jpg

Here's one with roasted carrots for the carrot lovers.  Salmon Couscous Salad

salmoncouscoussalad2.thumb.jpeg.34a7f8000991c0dead36e084ace4c685.jpeg

This one doesn't mix the salmon in and has a different dressing than the others.  I like all the lemon!  Healthy Salmon Couscous Salad

salmoncouscoussalad3.thumb.jpg.960bd107764f009024a69e75b9d6b7ff.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

Debbie, thanks for the link to the commercial.  It never gets old.

3 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

September 11 is a day I will not forget.  I was teaching 6th graders and planned to have them working in the library to do a short research project.  It was there that the computer tech told me that about the first tower being struck.  The decision was made to not tell the children what was happening (this was pre cell phone days).  Reason being that we are close enough to NYC that the children could have had relatives who worked in the city. It turned out one family did lose a member who was a firefighter.   We also had teachers who had family in the city as well but fortunately all was ok with them.

At the end of the day we spoke to the children as they were leaving to go home.   Again, a day all of us will never forget.  Katherine 

Katherine, that must have been very difficult to continue teaching as if nothing had happened, and then, at the end to break the news to the students.

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Just a quick check-in. I saw the nurse at the office. One look at my leg and they sent me to the ER, in the same building. Unfortunately it’s busy and it looks like it’ll be a while before I get seen. Hopefully it will just be a different antibiotic than the one I started on Monday. 

Vanessa, I hope you have been seen by an ER doctor by now, and have what you need to get the leg better.

2 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

On April 5 , 2017 while on the Zaandam we landed in Coquimbo , Chile  I had formed a group of 14 and went for a visit to the city of La Serena just North of C, from where we made a beautiful tour through the Elqui Valley to Vicuna .

After a few stops looking at a river dam the many farms that are being fed by the river with lots and lots of  fruits and vegetable farms we ended up in Vicuna where we did some tasting of special liquors from the fruits and than went up into the mountains where the sun power was baking our delicious lunch .

We had a wonderful time on the tour and if this was not enough that evening we had a nice dinner with the Canadian part of our team in the Canaletto  ( you might see again some familiar faces ) .

image.thumb.jpeg.3355a0af93be72ca74f0eedc4cbe8398.jpeg

DSCN2771.thumb.JPG.a3511c9b6621d2584058b9d3ff3d900e.JPG

DSCN2783.thumb.jpg.8a95afe65d2c009281b23ef0dc2f549c.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.36be3dd54e9e4045bf042e4c23b79360.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c728f0084809bd8002942d22a08c883b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4d47881c9afd2785ff1f1a4ea611556d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.519811111023fcf3aea197d29bfa0075.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a53502c18184e21e7cac6c4be0269c4c.jpeg

We need some Wifi in the middle of a park .......

2017-04-0512_57_56.thumb.jpg.a361775807bbd95a65c23540e810a04b.jpg

DSCN2821.thumb.jpg.49a9da9c158a8c119fa4e9c5457cfd5f.jpg

IMG_5489.thumb.jpg.cbb1c094e4a2628d23b04129fba9af32.jpg

DSCN2826.thumb.JPG.7df8db6a86a6daed8b2dc553da607d0b.JPG

image.thumb.jpeg.0178dab7fc6be65a382b63d2c573e303.jpeg

Hope today this will all show up like it suppose to .......... 
Tony 😅

Thanks for the pictures, Tony.

2 hours ago, kochleffel said:

I think we all remember what we were doing on this date in 2001 and how we learned the news.

OK on the salmon and couscous. NOK on the drink--I would like the flavor but not in a cocktail. For the wine, let's get a bank loan and lay down the 2022 Josef Vineyard Riesling from Hermann J. Wiemer, $45. "The Josef Vineyard is home to some of the longest established Riesling plantings on our estate, planted in 1974. These mature vines produce wines of intense flavor through lower yields and longer hang times. Josef’s ideal slope, deep soils, and proximity to the lake add further to the site’s potential ripeness. The result is a Riesling of a truly unique character. Tropical acidities and firm mineral structure underpin a giving, stone fruit palate. The weight and spread gained from these late pickings enhance its textural mouthfeel. In turns floral and spicy, the aromatic depth of the Riesling Josef Vineyard will increase significantly over time be it in a decanter or in a cellar. A top 100 Wine of 2023 and 97 points from JS!"

It appears that I forgot to post Monday and yesterday although I read all the posts.

I taught a class last night on Judaism and the environment with the wacky title, "The Vilna Gaon Did Not Invent Judaism." Otto Korrekt wanted to change it to Vilna, Gabon. We really need to get Otto under control. After the class I needed a G&T to calm down. This evening I attend class; my name will be mud there since I was skeptical, not rapturous, about the assigned reading.

The utility company has started installing smart meters on my street, but they haven't gotten to my house yet. I have to go out later and will try to remember to shut down the computer in case they do it while I'm gone.

emojis.jpg.75b086c869beb97cf62c00b7f2e40523.jpg

Paul, on the computer and tablet, I've turned autocorrect off, and just have it underline problems.  My phone is another matter.  Even after I correct the autocorrect, it still reverts to what it likes.  Makes texting a pain.

2 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Ms. Crystal, can you get me several half gallons of Blue Bell on sale. Will pick up later today.

Thanks goodness Blue Bell came to Florida several years ago!

RNB, wish I could help.  We also can get it in Arizona, but it rarely goes on sale.  Even this close the Brenham and The Little Creamery, it's gotten expensive when not on sale.  

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all! 
We will never forget 9/11.  DH worked with the NYPD afterwards and it changed him forever as did sailing with the mother and sister of one of the victims.  Forever remembered!   Our city later asked DH to dedicate a steel girder from the building at our military museum.
image.jpeg.4de2c704911b240fa80b9d3691818992.jpeg

IMG_1574.jpeg

IMG_1577.jpeg

IMG_1582.jpeg

Brenda, that was a nice honor for your DH.  

59 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Brenda, I wish we'd had more time to change terminals in Heathrow.  As it was, security took a long time, and they held my carryon up for further inspection because they didn't trust my deodorant.  We made the plane, but walked on when we got to the gate.

3 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Everyone is up and getting ready as we have reservations to visit the lighthouse. We have been several times but the son and family have not. It’s the most western lighthouse in America. The resort had s’mores last night which granddaughter enjoyed then we enjoyed a fajitas dinner followed by another spectacular sunset.

Son and family leave tomorrow for the Big Island and Sue’s mirror twin sister arrives for the rest of our stay here.

Got to go and will catch up later. Sandi I hope your test results are normal. Have a great day everyone. NEVER FORGET,🇺🇸

image.thumb.jpeg.1b4bb5c7203af5766be71470d779a41f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fb7221dfca6cdf2712b5c6960763bff0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b7360db844eac39096337fff7b736f46.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.909f1e7f00b0017e5dd542db20ab60c7.jpeg

Bruce, the sunsets just keep getting better and better.  Safe travels to your DS and family and to your DSIL tomorrow.

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

My bloodwork and US were ok, but since the cellulitis has not responded to the oral antibiotics I took, they want to keep me overnight for IV antibiotics. 

I’m glad you’re where you need to be!  Hope you’re feeling better real soon!

• Like 19

I want to say thank you to all who have been so supportive here as I find out what my issue is medically.  The tests for today are finished, but they take about 48 hours to get answers.  Since I will be on the road Friday and Monday I suppose I may not find out until early next week.  Hopefully all will be well!  But it's nice to have so many friends here who watch out for each other.  Hugs to all of you.🤗

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Just a quick check-in. I saw the nurse at the office. One look at my leg and they sent me to the ER, in the same building. Unfortunately it’s busy and it looks like it’ll be a while before I get seen. Hopefully it will just be a different antibiotic than the one I started on Monday. 

13 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

My bloodwork and US were ok, but since the cellulitis has not responded to the oral antibiotics I took, they want to keep me overnight for IV antibiotics. 

Oh Vanessa, I'm so sorry you have to stay overnight for the antibiotics.  They must want them to begin helping you immediately instead of going the oral route.  We all want you to get well as soon as you can though, so this is for the best.  I had to be hospitalized in 2017 for IV antibiotics for two nights and am glad I haven't made a practice of staying in one.  The prior time was in 1974 when DS was born. 😦 I hope BFF can bring you anything you need from home so you can be comfortable.  Prayers for you!🙏

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I just got another update from Roy.

Looks like the one constant is change.   It looks like I am now going to Johns Hopkins Bayview instead Kernan.

Lenda

Thanks for keeping us updated Lenda.  Roy @rafinmd, I hope things go through quickly so you can get started on your rehab.  Prayers for you, too!🙏

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Vanessa, I'm sorry you need to stay overnight, but if that and the iv antibiotics clear up the cellulitis, then you are in the right place.

Lenda

• Like 21

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

The transfer is easy usually about 20 minutes to get from terminal 5 to terminal 2 but you will need to go through security again at terminal 2.

Screenshot_20240911_185441.jpg

Thank you Graham. It sounds as if the transfer is not an issue, but going through security again might take some time. 

I ended up not booking my flights today, since the fare quoted was not fully refundable.

If I wanted to pay $23,000, I could have purchased fully refundable flights. I am happy that I did not have a mouthful of something when my TA told me that!

Until I know for certain that the trip is on, I don’t dare book my flights. So I am currently in a holding pattern. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Vanessa! Holy @/$#!  Praying hard that they figure this out. 

• Like 19

Checking in on all..  also thinking of @lindaler?  In Mobile?  I hope she’s in a safe place. 
@JazzyV Good call in the abx, hit it early and hard!  
@rafinmd Hoping JH does well by you!  Don’t let it be otherwise. You’re not alone, ask for help if you need an advocate! 
@StLouisCruisers 🤞 Smooth travels, cheers for the wedding!  And all the best for rest! 
Ann, Pat, Annie, Chuck, Terry, Tana, Terri, Jim, Jacqui, Bonnie, Nick, Gerry, Maurice, Melissa…. keeping you all in my heart💗. And all in harm’s way, and all the teams! 

Our neighbor knew exactly how to deal with our computer gremlins! which menu, which button. Perfect!  It always seems trivial when you know the answer!  I’m so grateful to be guided to those who can answer the call for help!  m—

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 6

Food question: what could I make with celery? Through a shopping error, I have at least twice as much as I can possibly eat raw.

Automotive: I took my car for its 15,000-mile service yesterday. It's a 2018 model; yes, I drive only about 3,000 miles per year. This means that a some maintenance is scheduled by time rather than miles: oil degrades, rubber breaks down. I was also concerned about the battery, but it tested OK.

I also needed to go to the optical company and Staples, but those would have required an impossible left turn. It will be easier to get to them tomorrow after my covid vaccination, if CVS doesn't cancel it again.

• Like 22

23 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you Graham. It sounds as if the transfer is not an issue, but going through security again might take some time. 

I ended up not booking my flights today, since the fare quoted was not fully refundable.

If I wanted to pay $23,000, I could have purchased fully refundable flights. I am happy that I did not have a mouthful of something when my TA told me that!

Until I know for certain that the trip is on, I don’t dare book my flights. So I am currently in a holding pattern. 

Do you have to fly into Heathrow?

Flights to Manchester or Gatwick which are major UK airports from Florida are plentiful and good options for onward flights to Europe.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Food question: what could I make with celery? Through a shopping error, I have at least twice as much as I can possibly eat raw.

Automotive: I took my car for its 15,000-mile service yesterday. It's a 2018 model; yes, I drive only about 3,000 miles per year. This means that a some maintenance is scheduled by time rather than miles: oil degrades, rubber breaks down. I was also concerned about the battery, but it tested OK.

I also needed to go to the optical company and Staples, but those would have required an impossible left turn. It will be easier to get to them tomorrow after my covid vaccination, if CVS doesn't cancel it again.

Celery soup. It is surprisingly good when home made and is my go to when I have too much celery

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Cream of celery soup?  Doesn’t have to be dairy-based, could be vegan style to go with a meat meal, made with your favorite non-dairy substitutes.  Or go full dairy for a hearty style stand alone!  m—

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

also thinking of @lindaler?  In Mobile?  I hope she’s in a safe place. 

Maureen hopefully she's on the Majestic Japan cruise now.  

Home from getting Covid vax #7 -- wow that sounds like a lot, doesn't it?!  I'm glad to get it 2 weeks before we'll be flying to Bozeman and then on to Yellowstone.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

• Like 19

36 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Maureen hopefully she's on the Majestic Japan cruise now.  

Home from getting Covid vax #7 -- wow that sounds like a lot, doesn't it?!  I'm glad to get it 2 weeks before we'll be flying to Bozeman and then on to Yellowstone.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

LOL - you've got me beat -- I've only had 6.

• Like 12
  • Haha 3