The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday September 25th, 2024

StLouisCruisers

Happy Hump Day - still sunny & hot here, and watching the Helene updates. Unless something changes radically, we can expect a breezy Thursday and then rain/thunder/wind overnight Thursday but clearing out by Friday morning. It's the coastal areas with a potential problem, mainly storm surge.

I like 2 of the 3 days - always hated lobster! My DH's daughter and our daughter-in-law are both wonderful people. The meal has no appeal (thanks to the butternut squash, lol) and neither does the drink. The wine I'd happily try, hoping it's not too sweet. Norway is one of the top destinations on my bucket list and I LOVED the photos of this gorgeous place! I had to chuckle at the goats sitting on the grassy roof! Sure wish I was doing that 14-day to Norway/Arctic Circle in October 2026. I would have done it in conjunction w/the transatlantic back to FL but can't be away from work for a month (or more).  Instead, I'll do just the transatlantic and save Norway for a few more years.

@kazu Jacqui - canceling the cruise makes sense, although it's a bitter disappointment 😞 Hopefully once the cataracts and pain get fixed/resolved you'll have many more cruises to make up for this lost time.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

We stopped in Eidfjord in May of 2023 on the Rotterdam. We took a HAL excursion up into the mountains that was quite nice even with the snow!

DSC_0948(2).thumb.JPG.902b97049e38c9c94d3289eb08cc4e02.JPG

DSC_0958(2).thumb.JPG.1530f97ee043b1f5c5d92446ab2429a8.JPG

The Norsk Natursenter was nice and had an excellent "omni theater" presentation.

DSC_0971(2).thumb.JPG.533ecdfc3fc815eb85703d443988e3b0.JPG

DSC_0966(2).thumb.JPG.ff05d7530cebce69e6db2ba3218bbcb9.JPG

At the end of the tour, we had a reindeer stew lunch fixed for us (very yummy!) and I got an interesting photo of the hotel and the ship.

20230501_134447.thumb.jpg.79d47c3f9e72bc35d6e96a9c248e2e0a.jpg

20230501_134719.thumb.jpg.a36029a5712b281946ed781da05530bd.jpg

DSC_0983(2).thumb.JPG.2d2f6947fdc14e74bbe3c24013bd57b6.JPG

• Like 31
  • Thanks 7

Well this sounds like lots of fun.  Not!  We got one of those weather alerts to phone and email a while ago.  Predictions of peak winds of up to 73 mph, rain totals of 8-12 inches but could be locally heavier.  Good grief, you'd think we lived along the coastline or something.  The winds will be between Thursday evening and Friday morning.  Not looking forward to it!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 15

In South Florida we are under a tropical storm warning because the bands of rain from this storm go out around 200 miles!!  It has been pouring on and off all day today.  I just read that the ports are deciding whether to close or not - not in Fort Lauderdale but Orlando and Tampa.  I would imagine there are flight delays today given our weather. I hope that Roy's niece gets back to FL w/o too much hassle.

Sorry to hear that so many are having woes.  

@marshhawk You have such hard decisions to make. I just hope you get the guidance you need.

@Vict0riann  So glad that the surgery was done - now you also need to take care of yourself.

@Kazu - so sorry about your cruise, but it is no fun to be away and in pain.  I do hope the new medicine helps you and that something can be done to address this issue on a more permanent basis.

@dfish sorry to hear about the arthritis all over. It sounds like you have a handle on it and know what to do, so you can keep moving.  Are you back to doing any pool exercise?  I know that water aerobics is one of the things recommended.  

@Cruzin Terri  I hope the doctor visit goes well for your DH.  

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Our partly sunny day is now a very grey day, and the wind is still blowing.  It is now cooler than it was two hours ago.  However, I really can't complain since we are not in Helene's path.  This morning I went through some of the things that get hauled back and forth between here and Quartzsite.  If all goes according to plan, we'll be leaving about October 22, and I'm trying to do a few things everyday to get organized and not have to hustle as departure day gets closer.

2 hours ago, kazu said:

thanks for our Daily, Sandi and thanks to Vanessa, and our FNB team.

Lobster – Yum!  I’ll take lobster any day of the week.

Late to the party, but it seems I’m often late on a lot of things right now. The pain in my foot and difficulty seeing. Makes things very difficult. I spoke to my doctor yesterday and told her that until I get this MRI I am suffering from serious sleep deprivation. The pain has me waking up screaming.  She is now prescribed a pain med that is supposed to help neuropathic pain. I’m hoping that makes a big difference.

I reached the sad decision to cancel my cruise and I’m pulling my hair out trying to get all my tours changed rearranged, emails off to the various people, etc.

I think it’s more work to rearrange than it is to book them to be honest.  Hunt for a new dog walker is this one has let me down and my foot can’t handle walking Ivan so much. My missing items are still in Neverland and starting to look like they won’t be found.

Nine still waiting for the cataract surgery And it’s very difficult to try to read.

Welcome back to updating the cabin list for the new meet and greet organizer and to try to get someone to take over for the first segment

Prayers for those on the care list and those that need them and cheers to all of you lucky people celebrating and cruising.

Jacqui, I'm sorry you had to cancel your cruise, but your health comes first.  I hope the new medication helps with the pain, and that you can get permanent relief soon.  I also hope the cataract surgery will be very soon.  You and Ivan will find the right dog walker, and I hope it's soon.

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Our family has never been good at math, guess we didn't get that gene.  We'll celebrate DH's daughter and our lovely daughter-in-law today.  Oh how I'd love to have lobster on a BHB today, but that's not happening.  Interesting quote.

We've got a bright, sunny day out there for us already with a starting temp of 15 (59) and a predicted high of 29(84), which for this time of year, is wonderful.  Although neither of us was feeling great, we spent time out on the deck listening to the geese flying over and the sound of the fountain and bubblers in the background.  It was so peaceful and serene.

@ottahand7seriously?  The rehab centre doesn't have ice???  Even a local garage has ice, for crying out loud!

@rafinmdI hope you had a more restful night, especially since your niece is helping with your care plans.

@Vict0riannI'm sure it was a relief for you to know Pat's surgery went well - hoping he recovers nicely and you'll be back to traveling again soon.

@kazuoh my, I am so sorry to hear you're feeling so unwell that you had to cancel your cruise.  I can't imagine being in that much pain; I'm so glad you contacted your doctor and will get some medication to help manage it. I hope it gives you some relief.  When is your MRI scheduled, or is it even on the calendar yet? 

For all my Daily friends who are in the path of the latest hurricane/tropical storm/whatever you want to call it, please stay safe and heed the warnings!!

Not a lot on our agenda today, so I think I might get out into the yard and start picking up those darn little ornamental crabapples that fall from our neighbour's large tree.  A few years ago I bought a nut grabber (it's a wire basket that you roll over the lawn to collect nuts and acorns) that seems to work much better than bending over to pick up all those little things.  If it gets really bad, I'm just going to haul out the shop vac and vacuum up the little buggers.  LOL

I'd like the drink of the day, will pass on the wine, and oh look, we're back to the season of butternut squash!  LOL  Actually, the other day a neighbour left a small zucchini and some kind of squash on our doorstep (she often does this with fresh vegetables), so maybe I'll try the first recipe to see if it works on the squash I have.  DH is suffering with this cold, and wants comfort food, so we'll have leftover meatloaf, fresh sliced tomatoes and KD on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, I hope your DH feels better soon.

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today’s update will be from Amanda and very late as she flies home before the hurricane.

Roy

Roy, best wishes to Amanda for a safe flight home.  I hope she does not have any problems from the hurricane.  I'll be sure to post her update as soon as I get it.  In the meantime, I hope you are comfortable and getting some rest.

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Just popping in quickly this morning before we head to SeaTac.  Prayers for all on the Care List and a big cheer for all on the Celebrations List.  

Carolyn, have a safe and on time flight today.  Enjoy my favorite NP.

45 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning

Thank you to all that contribute and make this a wonderful place to be everyday.

@rafinmd Roy, it is good to see you posting and we will gladly wait for Amanda’s update.

I am going to make this short and sweet since this is another busy day for us.

I have already been to PT.  I am not a morning person so it was particularly difficult to do my exercises at that time of the morning.  However it is done for the rest of the week.

Jim has an appointment with his PCP this afternoon in Port Royal.  We were going to go to a nice Seafood Restaurant afterwards for a late lunch/early dinner.  However now rain is predicted, so we scrapped that.  We will come right home.

Weather is supposed to get worse with the impending storm on its way.

I am praying for all of you.  Do not have time to list everyone today but you are all in my prayers.

Will post more later when i am back from the Doc.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I hope you DH gets a good report from his PCP.  I hope you don't have any problems caused by Helene.

33 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Well this sounds like lots of fun.  Not!  We got one of those weather alerts to phone and email a while ago.  Predictions of peak winds of up to 73 mph, rain totals of 8-12 inches but could be locally heavier.  Good grief, you'd think we lived along the coastline or something.  The winds will be between Thursday evening and Friday morning.  Not looking forward to it!

Sandi, take care with the high winds and rain predicted for Thursday night and Friday morning.

13 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

It looks like Koningsdam is in Glacier Bay after all today.  I guess Zaandam is one of the unfortunate ships that aren't going there right now.  At least that's what was said on Monday on the WCB Live From thread. 

Sandi, my guess is the Zaandam had used her allotted permits for Glacier Bay before her last seven day cruise.  

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

In South Florida we are under a tropical storm warning because the bands of rain from this storm go out around 200 miles!!  It has been pouring on and off all day today.  I just read that the ports are deciding whether to close or not - not in Fort Lauderdale but Orlando and Tampa.  I would imagine there are flight delays today given our weather. I hope that Roy's niece gets back to FL w/o too much hassle.

I hope all Dailyites weather the storm without problems and take the necessary precautions to do so.  I hope Roy's niece has a safe flight and makes it home with no problems.

28 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

@dfish sorry to hear about the arthritis all over. It sounds like you have a handle on it and know what to do, so you can keep moving.  Are you back to doing any pool exercise?  I know that water aerobics is one of the things recommended.  

Nope, no water exercise.  The geniuses that designed the new community center only build a 3.5 ft deep pool.  That depth is way too shallow for me and only comes to my waist.  You need chest deep water to get the buoyancy necessary to protect the joints and spine.  You also want chest deep water to get the resistance of the water to make the exercise more effective.  There is no other community pool in town.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 11

Aloha! Down to our last two days. It has been such a restful and beautiful vacation in paradise. So far I have read five books but have not done much laying in the sun. Need to get my skin cancers excised early October and not develop more. @rafinmd and @Vict0riann I was happy to hear your positive news. @kazu Jacqui  it’s sad to hear your continuing woes and do pray that there will be some relief soon.

Last night the sun did set but the gray clouds did a good job of hiding it.

Throughout the night our phones pinged with weather alerts. High surf, rip tides, rain and wind gust up to 50 mph may happen at home but it looks like the Big Bend area will take their second hit of the season. We just hope it’s passed Atlanta by Saturday so we can get home. 
Thanks to all for your contributions and enjoy the rest of your day. B.

image.thumb.jpeg.2e03335e0c6edccf5c31c41a718f9133.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b9069afd1552cb69ed4a4795d10db7b2.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

Good morning  and thanks all!   We too enjoyed a visit to Eidfjord.  My friend is up past the Arctic circle as we speak on a new small ship by Havila.   Looks gorgeous. 

I am sorry so many are dealing with so much., 

@Vict0riann so glad Pat’s surgery went well!  Sorry that the tattoos were painful, I am lucky to have a high pain tolerance,  

@StLouisCruisers waiting is so hard! And then You wait for the results.  Praying all shall be well. 
@kazu I am sorry to hear you have had to cancel your cruise.  It is never easy and with all the things you have organized.   I hope people step up.  I am so sorry you are in such pain.  Praying for good news on your lost items and cataract surgery.  
@dfish  I am sorry your news want better! Hope the pain can be managed! 
@smitty34877 glad you have some help, but I’m sorry things are so tough!  So appreciative of your kind words to @marshhawk  I am just so sorry for your news,  sending hugs!  Pace yourself, one day at a time!  

IMG_5199.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi, I hope all of our Dailyites stay safe with this enormous storm. My DB is in Atlanta visiting his daughter and family this week and they were looking at all of those pine trees this morning. I am officially worrying about everyone.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Take care and stay safe Sandi.

Hopefully that bad weather will miss you.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn @StLouisCruisers.

Interesting day Math Storytelling. I loved math in school. I'll celebrate daughters (being one) and lobster. Interesting quote. I'd take the meal if the squash was roasted instead. Pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Eidfjord, but would like to go there. 2 good days in history.

It's cloudy, humid and rainy here. I had my appointment at the lymphedema clinic this morning. Luckily inbetween bad rainstorms. The doctor thinks all the swelling and pain is a result of the cellulitis. My only option was to get the leg wrapped, something I had done years ago when I first went. That can stay on a week, then I can try my new wrap on that leg. The leg feels somewhat better already, with the support of the wrap. That means no showering, but maybe I could use the cast cover BFF used when he had his cast. Although I've done a week of sponge baths before. So I can go, taking it easy and maybe taking the rollator with me (easier since we're driving to the port). Now I can start packing. I held off until I got the ok to go. I had blood work after to check on the elevated kidney function; it's still slightly up, but much better than the test last week.

Everyone in FL and all affected states, stay safe from Helene!

I've gotten email addresses from a few Dailyites, and have added them to my list.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for our start today. Great photos from Eidfjord. Stay safe!

@LambKnuckles Thanks for the math-solving story problems.

@Vict0riann I hope Pat is doing well today.

@rafinmd I hope your got better sleep and that your transfer to rehab occurs soon. Safe travels for Amanda.

@doobieb That's a beautiful photo.

@dfish Great photo in Eidfjord. Keep moving.

@0106 Lovely photos.

@cruising sister I'm glad your plumbing issue was fixed fairly easily. I hope you feel better soon from the vaccine.

@ottahand7 That's sad they don't have ice for DB's knee.

@Lady Hudson Hugs to you and DH on the loss of your friend. 

@smitty34877 I'm glad you have help this week from DD and DSIL, but it sounds like it's still tough going. Prayers. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the great photos.

@marshhawk Stay safe! 

@kazu I hope the pain med helps; neuropathic pain is a bear. I'm sorry you had to cancel your cruise, but it seems there was no alternative. I hope you find a new dog walker and your lost items and get your cataract surgery. It's so much all at once!

@tupper10 Nice photos. Stay safe!

@Cruzin Terri I hope Jim's appointment goes well and that you get back home safely.

@Overhead Fred Thanks for the photos.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 12

Good afternoon, it's pleasant and sunny here today.  We needed all of the rain we got the last few days.  I'm getting ready to leave for our Sewing class with our 6th graders.  We're all having a fun time!  This morning was reading with the younger students, they are a hoot!  

Prayers for all who are in the path of the hurricane....be safe.

@rafinmdgood to hear from you, praying your niece gets home safely.  

@kazusorry to hear your bad news, praying things start to look up soon.  Prayers for pain relief and cataract surgery soon. 

@marshhawkPrayers for you and DH...

@smitty34877good to hear that you have some helpers.  Prayers for restful sleep for all of you. 

Thanks for all of the travel pictures today.  My mother's family was from Norway, I'd like to visit there, but don't think that will happen. 

Stay safe and have a good day.  K

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Here's an update on the restoration of St. Theodosius Cathedral, with some photos.

Our restoration team has been assessing the roof structure for the past two months, and the engineers have been working on the repair plan and drawings. Workers could start working after this was finished and turned in last Friday.

To fix all of the broken windows on the women's side, we hired WHITNEY STAINED GLASS STUDIO, INC. The company HOLOS LIGHTING will repair the main chandelier as well as four smaller chandeliers. Made entirely of Bohemian crystal in 1952, each chandelier was produced in Czechoslovakia. The plaster and iconography assessment is still pending.

The roof repair is the main priority. The west (man) side ceiling was demoed due to significant damage, and all light wood members were charted and will require replacement. After the table box and top cylinder are disassembled, construction of a temporary roof will begin. The primary wood structure will then be strengthened.

Our services are held in the parish hall, which is next to the church. We are appreciative of our place of worship, even though it is not the most beautiful. Going from a large, magnificent cathedral to a tiny hall teaches us all a valuable lesson in humility. We are holding together, and I am happy to say that the great majority of our parishioners stayed.

St.Theodosius1.thumb.jpeg.4ada07799124c7935f7eb10d0f6b427f.jpegSt.Theodosius2.thumb.jpeg.24867a60638fb5531519ee0b4af65a95.jpegSt.Theodosius3.thumb.jpeg.2710532369a5ff616db17684889c02dc.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 15

Good Afternoon from a cloudy day at the beach

Not really sure what this crazy storm is going to do. We expect tropical storm winds and rain. We just moved all the patio furniture plus the neighbors.  Even though I live on the ocean, I am not in a flood area. And this is coming from the west so should be ok as long as it does not wobble.

Hope everyone in the path of the storm stays safe and damage is minimal.

Be back later

Charlene

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon to all

We are home from the Doctor’s appointment.  Good results.  He is as healthy as a horse.

it is amazing.  I preach like crazy that he has to stop eating junk food.  He eats all kinds of sweets, ice cream, potato chips and what not.  

Cholesterol is down.  Sugar is perfect.  Weight is perfect.  

So Doc asks me if there is anything else.  i just looked at him and said. “Just forget that we were here”. i should be so lucky to have those numbers!

No rain either way so we are home safe.

We did not go to the restaurant.  it looks like it is going to rain any minute.  I have some backed ziti that was in the freezer that was left over.  That will go in the oven tonight and with some Chianti and Italian Bread, we will have a nice dinner. 

So all is well.

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts.  

Terri

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

Good rainy and foggy afternoon. 
The appointment at Hershey was okay. He wants to add a new medication in addition to continuing what I am currently taking. I agreed to try it, if I don’t like the way it makes me feel,(sleepy and disoriented) I can stop it anytime. I’m supposed to see him again in 4 months. 
Prayers for all in the path of Helene.

Blessings to all.

• Like 22

Here is the latest update about Roy from Amanda.  Even though it will be a few days before he is back in rehab, to me, it's good news.

Today's update is much the same. Roy seems slightly better as far as how much PT he was able to do, and his bloating was relieved slightly so he is a bit more comfortable. Unfortunately the other person in his room continues to be loud and restless so Roy got little sleep. We have requested that Roy be moved to another room if possible. Hopefully that can occur today. The other patient is being discharged tomorrow but the sooner Roy can get some rest the better. 

The doctors are making some medicine changes and do not want to move Roy until those adjustments have been made and they can see how it impacts his ekg. Because of the half life of one medicine it will probably be 4-5 days before the move to rehab can happen. Once there, Roy is a candidate for the most aggressive rehab, which he still wants to do. They will carefully monitor his vitals though during this. The doctor indicated that rehab would be in the 2-3 week range, although that obviously depends on how Roy responds. 

I am flying back to Florida to try to beat the hurricane, but Keith is flying in tomorrow. 

Amanda 

Keith is Roy's nephew, so Roy won't be alone for long.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 27

Good afternoon.  We are now the recipients of the latest flu and covid vaccines.  That is one more item checked off the to do list.  It is still very windy here, but the dark clouds have moved one, and there are a few fully white clouds, but mostly sunshine.  All the rain has cleared the air for now.  It looks like my plans to clean house tomorrow have changed to Friday.  I needed an appointment with the PA in our PCP's office to get some prescriptions renewed.  It turns out he can see me at 11 am tomorrow.  If he wants blood tests, that can be done at a later date.  Tomorrow afternoon, I will be getting a much needed haircut.

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn @StLouisCruisers.

Interesting day Math Storytelling. I loved math in school. I'll celebrate daughters (being one) and lobster. Interesting quote. I'd take the meal if the squash was roasted instead. Pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Eidfjord, but would like to go there. 2 good days in history.

It's cloudy, humid and rainy here. I had my appointment at the lymphedema clinic this morning. Luckily inbetween bad rainstorms. The doctor thinks all the swelling and pain is a result of the cellulitis. My only option was to get the leg wrapped, something I had done years ago when I first went. That can stay on a week, then I can try my new wrap on that leg. The leg feels somewhat better already, with the support of the wrap. That means no showering, but maybe I could use the cast cover BFF used when he had his cast. Although I've done a week of sponge baths before. So I can go, taking it easy and maybe taking the rollator with me (easier since we're driving to the port). Now I can start packing. I held off until I got the ok to go. I had blood work after to check on the elevated kidney function; it's still slightly up, but much better than the test last week.

Everyone in FL and all affected states, stay safe from Helene!

I've gotten email addresses from a few Dailyites, and have added them to my list.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for our start today. Great photos from Eidfjord. Stay safe!

@LambKnuckles Thanks for the math-solving story problems.

@Vict0riann I hope Pat is doing well today.

@rafinmd I hope your got better sleep and that your transfer to rehab occurs soon. Safe travels for Amanda.

@doobieb That's a beautiful photo.

@dfish Great photo in Eidfjord. Keep moving.

@0106 Lovely photos.

@cruising sister I'm glad your plumbing issue was fixed fairly easily. I hope you feel better soon from the vaccine.

@ottahand7 That's sad they don't have ice for DB's knee.

@Lady Hudson Hugs to you and DH on the loss of your friend. 

@smitty34877 I'm glad you have help this week from DD and DSIL, but it sounds like it's still tough going. Prayers. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the great photos.

@marshhawk Stay safe! 

@kazu I hope the pain med helps; neuropathic pain is a bear. I'm sorry you had to cancel your cruise, but it seems there was no alternative. I hope you find a new dog walker and your lost items and get your cataract surgery. It's so much all at once!

@tupper10 Nice photos. Stay safe!

@Cruzin Terri I hope Jim's appointment goes well and that you get back home safely.

@Overhead Fred Thanks for the photos.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I'm glad the doctor had a "fix" for your leg, and that it is feeling better already.  That is good news you will be able to go on your cruise.  You deserve a break after all you've been through.

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good afternoon to all

We are home from the Doctor’s appointment.  Good results.  He is as healthy as a horse.

it is amazing.  I preach like crazy that he has to stop eating junk food.  He eats all kinds of sweets, ice cream, potato chips and what not.  

Cholesterol is down.  Sugar is perfect.  Weight is perfect.  

So Doc asks me if there is anything else.  i just looked at him and said. “Just forget that we were here”. i should be so lucky to have those numbers!

No rain either way so we are home safe.

We did not go to the restaurant.  it looks like it is going to rain any minute.  I have some backed ziti that was in the freezer that was left over.  That will go in the oven tonight and with some Chianti and Italian Bread, we will have a nice dinner. 

So all is well.

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts.  

Terri

Terri, that is good news for both of you.  It's always good when the blood tests come back with good results.  Stay safe during the storm.

43 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good rainy and foggy afternoon. 
The appointment at Hershey was okay. He wants to add a new medication in addition to continuing what I am currently taking. I agreed to try it, if I don’t like the way it makes me feel,(sleepy and disoriented) I can stop it anytime. I’m supposed to see him again in 4 months. 
Prayers for all in the path of Helene.

Blessings to all.

I hope the new medicine works without causing sleepiness and disorientation.

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

We had a nice but alarming visit with DB.  John wanted to come along and have fun after but his patience is poor so we were there for only 55 minutes.  I brought DB coffee which he loved because the facilities coffee is poor.  We found plastic bags and made him a small bag of ice to put on his knee.  When I pulled the covers back to put the bag there blood was visible as swelling seems to be making his incision seep.  He had been waiting for a clothing and bed change since he can't get out of bed for an hour before we got there. We talked to the PT lady no PT until clean up.  The PA came in and looked at his knee and seemed unimpressed, at least he took the bag of ice and put it in residents freezer, hopefully Nick can get more ice.  DB said his DW is not answering her phone.  I hope she puts in an appearance tomorrow.  His son usually shows up after work.  I hope. DS will go tomorrow or I am off to see him tomorrow. 

Prayers for everyone who are battling illness right now. 🙏🙏🙏

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 13

8 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@Mr. Boston please tell me about your new acorn harvesters!  We had so many acorns last year...  I would love to have a gadget that makes that chore easier.

We ordered two and had an acorn gathering session this afternoon.  They worked pretty well in the area that we were trying to clean up.  In an hour we gathered about 10 gallons of acorns.

IMG_0508.thumb.png.81b5fd382cb90c1720b7e319cb7e84f9.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Roy is a candidate for the most aggressive rehab, which he still wants to do. They will carefully monitor his vitals though during this. The doctor indicated that rehab would be in the 2-3 week range, although that obviously depends on how Roy responds. 

I am flying back to Florida to try to beat the hurricane, but Keith is flying in tomorrow. 

Amanda 

Keith is Roy's nephew, so Roy won't be alone for long.

Lenda

So glad to read Amanda’s update on Roy. It is very promising. And Amanda and Keith must be a couple of those angels we know of to have Roy’s care on their plates, minds and hearts.  Lucky family. 
Debbie

• Like 21