Guests in Diamond Lounge

My question is, how does someone that is Diamond NOT know this is not allowed? :o I know the answer is NO and Im just lowly Gold :o

They know but want a way around it.

Usually because of guests are traveling together.

When we were waiting in the priority area to embark the Freedom last week, there were two couples and from the conversation, it appeared one was D+ but their traveling friends were not. They showed their friends how to cover the bottom of the card so their status area did not show and everyone could board together when D+ was called to board.

No saying that couple # one tried to get their friends in to D or C lounge, but it is the same concept.

We've heard of folks bringing friends in by switching sea pass cards. That meaning, If I am the D couple, that I give my sea pass to the other woman. I walk in with my husband, and we just show his card, and the other couple walk in and just show her card. Pretty sneaky! I guess that is why both of our cards were checked last week.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Edited, my wife says I am wrong

Ha, I frequently tell my customers something and preface it with, "I've been married 35 years, I'm told I'm occasionally wrong. I'll be traveling on Adventure with friends who will be emerald at that time. I'll be texting them pictures of me in the Diamond lounge. (we are competitive that way, he booked 3 cruises this year to catch up.

Edited by BillOh

Same here. We have never been asked to show our cards. I'd have no problem showing it if asked...I've just never been asked. I used to assume, because I read it here on Cruise Critic a couple times, that our info popped up on the concierge's computer screen when we put our card into the slot. However, we sat at a 2-top table next to the concierge desk on Liberty recently and I made a note to look at the screen when people entered just to see if it was true. No such thing happened.

I need to elaborate. We have only been on ships that either had "events" and no DL(EX) or overflow due to so many D and above onboard. We have yet to be on a ship that only the lounge itself was used for the happy hour. But, we normally go sit in the DL after we've had lunch on boarding day and have a cup of coffee so we sometimes see the concierge before the evening so he knows we have access. I think that's the reason some have never been asked for their cards.

The Answer to your question is No. The good news and as you may already know, you (Diamond members) get 3 drinks each every night pre loaded on to your sea pass card so you can enjoy you friends company and your free drinks at any bar and don't need to squeeze it to a usually packed Diamond lounge. The free drinks are available at the same time cocktails are available in the Diamond lounge and not just any time of day. Enjoy.

While I still stand by my statement that only those who belong should be allowed, sometimes the lounges are totally dead. Not always the mad houses many describe. This is from the Enchantment over Easter. I believe these were taken around 5:45, we had 6:15 MTD. it was just us, another couple and Desmond. A few more bodies would have livened things up, and provided Desmond with some cash. :o

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

We were checked every night on the Explorer when they had the overflow in the Maharajah Lounge. They wouldn't let anyone in unless they were entitled to be there. Of course, that was when corporate was visiting the ship.

Celebrity is more strict. We had to show our card every night for a whole 14 night cruise.....no exceptions. Even if they recognized you. Also, you could not leave with any alcohol in your possession. Although there is always one in every crowd. I saw a man put the glass under his jacket and walked out. :rolleyes: I was hoping he spilled it on his shirt and suit. :p

Gwen :)

While I still stand by my statement that only those who belong should be allowed, sometimes the lounges are totally dead. Not always the mad houses many describe. This is from the Enchantment over Easter. I believe these were taken around 5:45, we had 6:15 MTD. it was just us, another couple and Desmond. A few more bodies would have livened things up, and provided Desmond with some cash. :o

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

We've never seen it anywhere near this dead. A few years ago, before the coupons, there were so many people in the lounge you could hardly navigate to the bathrooms, this was a transatlantic. The following cruise, 30-40 people was a big night.

We've never seen it anywhere near this dead. A few years ago, before the coupons, there were so many people in the lounge you could hardly navigate to the bathrooms, this was a transatlantic. The following cruise, 30-40 people was a big night.

Even the CL was dead. If I recall there were no pinnacle, 10-12 D+, and maybe 40-50 diamonds

Even the CL was dead. If I recall there were no pinnacle, 10-12 D+, and maybe 40-50 diamonds

We've seen lounges look the John's photo, especially over a holiday sailing or a family oriented sailing date. Generally, the more expensive the sail date, the fewer higher level cruisers. They are all too smart to pay an inflated price. We've been on sailings when we are in the top 3 and are no where near pinnacle. The DL and CL on NYE (Freedom) sailing were maybe half full.

Since the vouchers, we rarely go to the lounges in the evening, and prefer the bars around the ship. Three vouchers is more than enough. It is a rare occasion that we use all three. To add to John's photo, we drop in for coffee about 8 or 9AM every day and the room is a empty as his photo.

We do try to stop in to the DL or CL once at the beginning of the cruise so the concierge recognizes us.

If RCCL would give me a few coffee vouchers, they can have my lounge space.

enjoy

m

I need to elaborate. We have only been on ships that either had "events" and no DL(EX) or overflow due to so many D and above onboard. We have yet to be on a ship that only the lounge itself was used for the happy hour. But, we normally go sit in the DL after we've had lunch on boarding day and have a cup of coffee so we sometimes see the concierge before the evening so he knows we have access. I think that's the reason some have never been asked for their cards.

Last week (Freedom) , the card checker (not the concierge) was OUTSDE the DL. Bertie knew us but you had to get by the card checker before getting inside the room.

BRAVO for checking everyone's card. It was the first time I can recall such a careful review.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

What happens if I one person is a Diamond Club member and the person sharing the cabin is not? Will both be allowed access to the club when coming together?

No, being a roommate does not convey any Crown & Anchor perks.

What happens if I one person is a Diamond Club member and the person sharing the cabin is not? Will both be allowed access to the club when coming together?

They are not supposed to on Royal...On Celebrity though your cabin mate is allowed to attend with you even if they do not have your status...

Again, the answer is no. I have sailed that way many times in the past. I was a platinum and my roommate was a Diamond Plus. Although the luggage tags had me as a D+ (the reservation was in her name), my key did not operate the lounge door like my roommate's did. In addition, they were checking names against a list and I was not on it.

NO, Not on RCCL. Celebrity invites the cabin mate to any loyalty events but not RCCL.

If you don't want to separate from your cabin mate, you can use vouchers at most any bar.

enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Again, the answer is no. I have sailed that way many times in the past. I was a platinum and my roommate was a Diamond Plus. Although the luggage tags had me as a D+ (the reservation was in her name), my key did not operate the lounge door like my roommate's did. In addition, they were checking names against a list and I was not on it.

I've been reading a few posts about folks commenting that they have D+ luggage tags but for future info, what is printed on the luggage tag is meaningless.

The correct status should be on the sea pass.

And I see you note that they were checking names against a list. I have only seen that once. It must be a new process.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Wow. Every cruise we've been on since we've made D have had over 100 and at least one time over 300 D and above. Prior to D, we sailed in GS 3 times and found the same to be true of the CL. This upcoming cruise will be our first at D+ but we're traveling with friends who are D, so prob won't use the CL much.

This is how the CL was on Liberty the week I took my daughter on a spring break cruise. It was one of those "crazy" college weeks. Lounge was like a ghost town, as was suite breakfast in Chops. Not sure how the Diamond lounge looked (only Emerald), but I'm guessing it was about the same.

I expect the exact opposite this weekend when we sail on FOS.

Edited by jules815

This is how the CL was on Liberty the week I took my daughter on a spring break cruise. It was one of those "crazy" college weeks. Lounge was like a ghost town, as was suite breakfast in Chops. Not sure how the Diamond lounge looked (only Emerald), but I'm guessing it was about the same.

I expect the exact opposite this weekend when we sail on FOS.

Yep, D and up seem to love hurricane season. Us included. ;)

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

It was that exact same way when we were on in March. One night it was really crowded...there were 4 tables occupied.

They Diamond Concierge may be pretty picky at cocktail hour since they don't like giving away a bunch of free drinks, but all you need to access the club any other time is your seapass card so for playing games, getting coffees in the morning, or just sitting looking out the window when it's not crowded there would be fine.

You and your wife will have 3 drinks per night on your seapass card so you can still get free drinks in just about any lounge around the ship while visiting with your friends. You won't get the great appetizers, but at least you'll still be able to use your benefit.

Maybe your wife and you could go to the lounge earlier while you're waiting for your friends then meet up with them later for pre-dinner drinks at some other lounge?

Tom

DH and I are Diamond level and are cruising the end of the month with two other couples who are not Diamond level. Will they be allowed access to the Diamond Lounge as our guests?

Terry from Georgia

They Diamond Concierge may be pretty picky at cocktail hour since they don't like giving away a bunch of free drinks, but all you need to access the club any other time is your seapass card so for playing games, getting coffees in the morning, or just sitting looking out the window when it's not crowded there would be fine.

You and your wife will have 3 drinks per night on your seapass card so you can still get free drinks in just about any lounge around the ship while visiting with your friends. You won't get the great appetizers, but at least you'll still be able to use your benefit.

Maybe your wife and you could go to the lounge earlier while you're waiting for your friends then meet up with them later for pre-dinner drinks at some other lounge?

Tom

I hope you are just talking about the OP and her husband.