Mariners Magazine Survey

aliaschief

Received a E-mail yesterday from Hal requesting to take a survey about Mariners Magazine.

After completing the survey I came away with the feeling that the future of the magazine may be a E-edition only.

Anyone else get the survey and what were your thoughts?

I miss the old Mariners Mag that showed different cruise itineraries.

Received a E-mail yesterday from Hal requesting to take a survey about Mariners Magazine.

After completing the survey I came away with the feeling that the future of the magazine may be a E-edition only.

Received ours yesterday & responded immediately. Like you, I got the uneasy feeling that HAL may be contemplating moving Mariner Magazine to electronic format ... so I tried to skew my answers to indicate a strong preference for paper format.

Smooth sailing ...

I got the survey but have not completed it yet. However, it would not surprise me at all that they are moving toward only an online version.

I also received it and took the survey.

I've now taken at least 2 others and all were almost exactly the same questions.

Only difference was in my answers. Since I will no longer be cruising I answered with more negativity than in previous surveys.

Joanie

I took the survey yesterday and indicated I prefer the print edition. I also wondered if I got the survey because I have been looking at cruises that include Iceland, which is featured in the latest edition. I keep getting emails from HAL to "let us complete your booking.":eek:

Karen

We've not received the survey (yet?), but we too enjoy the magazine in its current format and would probably not be inclined to bother reading an e-verion. Anyone who has looked at it online via HAL's website will appreciate how inferior the experience is.

Got mine last night as well and did say we preferred the print version.

DH likes to browse through it for a bit.

Let's hope enough of us say that we want the print version and it doesn't go the way of the dodo.

How lucky you all are - we haven't got any of the Mariner's magazines yet, not even once... (I know I can read them online on HAL's website)

Must be a European thing, I think, we are quite often neglected in regard to e-mails, special offers, upsell offers - at least that's a feeling I've had for quite a while now. But I'll give the Mariner's society another chance and mail them again...

I have to point out that it's quite different with Cunard even if we have less cruises and points with them - we get magazines, newsletters, special invitations etc.

Got the survey and completed it also. I thought it a bit strange, with the question about whether the current issue effected booking my most recent cruise. The current issue is Iceland. The magazine increased my existing interest. It did not effect my choice of most recent destinations, as I am booked for South America, and most recently went to Mexico.

And the slider control did not fully work on iPhone 6.

I got the email yesterday and responded quickly. I got the same vibe as others of you did; that they are hoping to justify electronic publishing only. I know slick magazines are very expensive, but I like to peruse mine at leisure ... sitting in a comfortable chair and sipping a beverage.

Now, if they would let us know how not producing a print version would add perks/value/services to our cruise experience then I might be willing to reconsider.

I got the email yesterday and responded quickly. I got the same vibe as others of you did; that they are hoping to justify electronic publishing only. I know slick magazines are very expensive, but I like to peruse mine at leisure ... sitting in a comfortable chair and sipping a beverage.

Now, if they would let us know how not producing a print version would add perks/value/services to our cruise experience then I might be willing to reconsider.

The print versions of Mariner and the ads are the only ones DH looks at. The pictures on a Norway brochure brought on a discussion- and agessm not- to put that on our Do It List.

Why a

I also received it and took the survey.

I've now taken at least 2 others and all were almost exactly the same questions.

Only difference was in my answers. Since I will no longer be cruising I answered with more negativity than in previous surveys.

Why will no loonbger be saililng, Joanie, I'm sorry to Read that.

Joanie