Crystal Blocks

Noreen411

43 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Explain the math to me how in 4 weeks (I assume 7 night) you earned a block each week?

Asking for a friend. 

Where did i say earned?

And why does this fascinate your friend so much🤔

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Explain the math to me how in 4 weeks (I assume 7 night) you earned a block each week?

Asking for a friend. 

Operator headspace!  Last year a friend of mine got three blocks on a b3b on the Explorer.  The LA was shocked when my friend told her what she had done.  That problem may fix itself when points start posting in one to two days.  However, most times the LA uses a list printed at the start of a cruise.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

I'm not so sure.  I always stop by the LA desk to inquire when I am due a block because I solo a lot or go in suites.  I know they don't always see I'm in a suite or solo and they don't seem to do the math for the extra points until you prompt them to.  

They are always very careful with the math.  They have never handed one over on the spot, it's always been "I'll look into your account and let you know".   Then a few nights later one appears in my cabin.  

I suppose if someone has a long relationship with an LA they might be able to swing it but I can't imagine it's common place.  

On Navigator last year she flat out refused my request.  I wasn't solo but had just come off Oasis and those 21 points for a solo suite hadn't hit yet.   I emailed C&A when I got home and they mailed me one.  

Sorry to hear she did not take care of it during the cruise.  In October, I was due a block on the Empress.  I had just gotten off the 4 night Navigator that day a 13 night Adventure five days before.  Those 17 points were not on my record yet.  I showed the LA my sea pass cards from those two ships and he agreed with me.  He sent the info to Miami, and also handed me a block.

10 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Sorry to hear she did not take care of it during the cruise.  In October, I was due a block on the Empress.  I had just gotten off the 4 night Navigator that day a 13 night Adventure five days before.  Those 17 points were not on my record yet.  I showed the LA my sea pass cards from those two ships and he agreed with me.  He sent the info to Miami, and also handed me a block.

That is what has happened up to that cruise.  However maybe she had a slew of fakers trying to get one or she just forgot, or they ran out of blocks. 

It's not a big deal.  C&A gave me no issues requesting it later.  In fact I didn't have to pack it and drag it home so that was a win.    

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2017 at 7:31 AM, ace1zoe2 said:

When were these blocks supposed to be awarded? We hit 146 last April 2016 and have cruised twice since then. Never received any acknowledgement yet. Turned D+ on last cruise the first week of September. Other than better balcony discount and coupons is there anything else? I’m appreciative of what we get just wondering (like the block) if there is anything we should have received and didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One would think that Royal wouldn't make you chase down your blocks.  But alas, we are lowly Emerald and will reach Diamond next cruise with no recognition pin.  Sorry.  We did get one.  The last night of the cruise we turned Emerald we got one Platinum pin.  Yes I know that they don't count the cruise you are on when you change.  And I have been told to just go ask for one.  I would think though that if they want you to come back, they would at least give you the $9.99 pin. But I guess when you get up in cruise nights there is no incentive for them to spend money on you because you already showed you will sail with them.  But the last couple have been on charters so perhaps they don't count that. 

28 minutes ago, KuffMUp said:

One would think that Royal wouldn't make you chase down your blocks.  But alas, we are lowly Emerald and will reach Diamond next cruise with no recognition pin.  Sorry.  We did get one.  The last night of the cruise we turned Emerald we got one Platinum pin.  Yes I know that they don't count the cruise you are on when you change.  And I have been told to just go ask for one.  I would think though that if they want you to come back, they would at least give you the $9.99 pin. But I guess when you get up in cruise nights there is no incentive for them to spend money on you because you already showed you will sail with them.  But the last couple have been on charters so perhaps they don't count that. 

Charters do not count.  You also do not receive benefits on a charter.

11 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Too bad Royal doesn't do anything on charters like Celebrity.  I have been on only 2 Celebrity cruises and I am Select there.  On charters.

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We are due a block on a Oasis in 3 weeks.  I’m wondering if the blocks will be new reflecting the slides or still the old ones.  Personally if they redid them I hope they don’t look like the ones of Symphony. 

The Enchantment block still looks like Grandeur😉

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Depends on the Charter. We got points. Some benefits were removed but my understanding it depends on the Charter Host. We stay in Suites and still had access to the CL but no free alcohol. We were able to get nightly drinks in the CL but only if we had the package. No free days of Wi-Fi based on status. No special priority or seating. 

8 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Benefits on charters are up to the charter company, they can choose to offer C&A perks on board if they like.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Benefits on charters are up to the charter company, they can choose to offer C&A perks on board if they like.

Glad to know that some do.  The ones I have considered in the past did not.  The charters that friends have done did not.  I suspect that the charters that do are far outnumbered by the ones that do not.

6 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Glad to know that some do.  The ones I have considered in the past did not.  The charters that friends have done did not.  I suspect that the charters that do are far outnumbered by the ones that do not.

The on-board benefits may vary however I’ve never heard of a charter where you did not get your C&A points. 

4 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I agree, providing C&A perks onboard only costs the charter compnay more money, so they have little incentive to provide them.

OK.  Can we crawl out of the weeds?  Back to the original reason for this thread - crystal blocks.  My opinion stays the same.  Those of you that have cruised enough to get a block, they shouldn't make you have to go get it.   I can't imagine there are that many on a particular sailing.  A computer algorithm could help them figure it out. 

9 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I agree, providing C&A perks onboard only costs the charter compnay more money, so they have little incentive to provide them.

On the Full Ship Charter we were on (Brilliance), we were told by Charter Mgmt, they had to guarantee x amount of alcohol sales. For that reason, they only served alcohol in the DL/CL to those who had the Drink Package. No free happy hour drinks on SeaPass or in the DL/CL. 

At first, there was to be no breakfast/dinner snacks in the lounges but I guess enough complained that the Charter agreed to offer the snacks in the lounges. No free WiFi time, no free photo, no priority boarding/disembark, no priority seating. 

It’s my understanding that the Charter must generate a predetermined amount of revenue in certain areas like alcohol/photos/specialty dinning/VOOM/etc. 

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The on-board benefits may vary however I’ve never heard of a charter where you did not get your C&A points. 

I have it in writing from RCI and from the charter host company that points were NOT going to be given for one of the 80s music charters last year. So I didn’t book.  
Points were given!

I’m on a charter next year and the host site says you will get points but no other perks at all (and your usual 2 bottles of wine cannot even be bought on).  It is going to be a very sober cruise! 

Edited by little britain

6 hours ago, KuffMUp said:

OK.  Can we crawl out of the weeds?  Back to the original reason for this thread - crystal blocks.  My opinion stays the same.  Those of you that have cruised enough to get a block, they shouldn't make you have to go get it.   I can't imagine there are that many on a particular sailing.  A computer algorithm could help them figure it out. 

Seems we often have to remind staff/crew that we are due benefits. We’ve never had to go get the block. We generally make a point to meet/greet the loyalty ambassador so if we are due a block, we mention it when we meet. When we mentioned the block, the last time we were  due one, the LA asked if we wanted it then. 
Most often it shows up in the cabin one night.   We keep up with our points and know when we are to receive a block

m

22 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Seems we often have to remind staff/crew that we are due benefits. We’ve never had to go get the block. We generally make a point to meet/greet the loyalty ambassador so if we are due a block, we mention it when we meet. When we mentioned the block, the last time we were  due one, the LA asked if we wanted it then. 
Most often it shows up in the cabin one night.   We keep up with our points and know when we are to receive a block

m

We were due to get a block on day 12 of our 15-night TA, so on day 13 I approached the loyalty ambassador and inquired.  He told me they they had already ordered and disseminated all the blocks on board prior to our sailing.  He said we would get one on our next cruise.  I told him I didn't want one from the next ship, and I wanted one from this sailing as that is when I earned it.  It showed up in our stateroom the next day.  🍷

10 hours ago, KuffMUp said:

I have never had to go get my blocks.  Once on Serenade, they were out of blocks and sent (not one...but two) to my house.  Always either shows up on the bed (cabin attendant) or is presented at the upper tier party.  

On 11/30/2019 at 7:12 PM, WeMissSeaView said:

FYI:  I am now in Miami and I have the Explorer block with me.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  I need to prod the Genie to get our block so that we can trade.  Once I have it we can meet.   Sorry to be so late in getting back to you.