change of internet benefit for diamond and diamond plus

I received this email in response to my question about changes to the internet plan.

Crown & Anchor Society # xxxxxxxxx

RE: Crown & Anchor Society Onboard Offers

Dear xxxxxx:

Thank you for your e-mail. As a member of the Crown & Anchor Society, your savings continue throughout your cruise vacation with our Virtual Ultimate Value Booklet. These onboard offers provide exclusive discounts for a variety of onboard activities such as internet usage, luxury spa services, and much more. Your offers will be loaded electronically onto your SeaPass card at the start of your cruise vacation. Onboard offers may vary by your membership level, as well as your itinerary. Unfortunately we are unable to provide exactly what will be available on which sailings including the availability of complimentary internet.

A full list of your onboard offers can be found on the back of the welcome letter delivered to your stateroom on day one of your cruise. In addition, you can review your remaining offers by visiting an iCafe computer or using your personal computer while onboard. Members sailing on a ship with an interactive TV system will have the additional option of viewing their remaining offers through the interactive TV available in each stateroom.

If you do not receive your welcome letter, your onboard offers will still be loaded onto your SeaPass card on the first day of your cruise. Please see our Loyalty Ambassadors onboard and let them know that you did not receive your letter.

Crown & Anchor Society onboard offers are only valid for the member whose name is printed on the SeaPass card containing specific offers. The member must be present when making a purchase. Additionally, onboard offers are only valid for the length of the cruise. If you do not wish to redeem your onboard offer during a particular purchase, please advise our staff member and that onboard offer will not be applied.

Remember that your benefits get better the more you sail with us. Check them out at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do. You can learn more about your benefits by logging into the Crown & Anchor Society secure section of the Royal Caribbean website.

If you are interested in taking a cruise vacation with Royal Caribbean International in the future, we would love to have you onboard. We have the best, most innovative ships, amenities, destinations, and service in the world. With itineraries located in Europe, Australia, the Caribbean and more, we will be able to assist you with a vacation of a lifetime. Feel free to visit us online at www.royalcaribbean.com, call us at 866-562-7625, or visit a local travel agent to get more information about our cruise line.

xxxxx, we look forward to welcoming you, our valued Diamond Crown & Anchor Society member, onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Austin CaslerCrown & Anchor Society Customer Support

Since when have we been able to view our offers on a computer in the icafe, our own computer or on the interactive TV?

I’m guessing you really must be jealous that I have a beautiful sweet lady 20 years my junior with her own money. Nice to combine two incomes. She makes me feel so young.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I suppose if you need that ego boost. :rolleyes:

I’m guessing you really must be jealous that I have a beautiful sweet lady 20 years my junior with her own money. Nice to combine two incomes. She makes me feel so young.

Bob, a 70-year-old, extremely wealthy widower, shows up at

the Country Club with a breathtakingly beautiful and very sexy

25-year-old blonde-haired woman who knocks everyone's socks off with her youthful sex appeal and charm and who hangs over Bob's arm and listens intently to his every word. His buddies at the club are all aghast. At the very first chance, they corner him and ask, 'Bob, how'd you get the trophy girlfriend?' Bob replies, 'Girlfriend? She's my wife!' They are knocked over, but continue to ask. 'So, how'd you persuade her to marry you?' 'I lied about my age', Bob replies. 'What, did you tell her you were only 50?' Bob smiles and says, 'No, I told her I was 90.'

What ship are you on? Sorry if it is in your signature (I have those turned off to save page space).

Came home today from a 7 day on the Liberty OTS. And to expand a little on what he said, I asked if he thought the change/reduction was just being delayed or truly canceled. He felt that they have backed off and truly reconsidered the change. Only time will tell if this is true or just the current corporate line.

Edited by NavarreCruiser

25-year-old blonde-haired woman who knocks everyone's socks off with her youthful sex appeal and charm and who hangs over Bob's arm and listens intently to his every word. His buddies at the club are all aghast. At the very first chance, they corner him and ask, 'Bob, how'd you get the trophy girlfriend?' Bob replies, 'Girlfriend? She's my wife!' They are knocked over, but continue to ask. 'So, how'd you persuade her to marry you?' 'I lied about my age', Bob replies. 'What, did you tell her you were only 50?' Bob smiles and says, 'No, I told her I was 90.'

rofl.gif

Since when have we been able to view our offers on a computer in the icafe, our own computer or on the interactive TV?

If you do not prepay before your cruise, there are a list of packages and your coupon for your complimentary days to purchase from your own computer or ipad or a computer in the icafe. If you scroll to the bottom of that list, there is sometimes a special. While on the Oasis in February, they would advertise internet specials thru your messages which you accessed using your interactive TV in your cabin. One day you could use your coupon and get a free day of surf and stream for the price of just surf. Since I usually use my free days toward the end of the week, there has also been a special where you use your coupon for the free days and can get internet to the end of the cruise for $1.99. Since I cruise solo many times, I try to maximize my 2 free days.

If you do not prepay before your cruise, there are a list of packages and your coupon for your complimentary days to purchase from your own computer or ipad or a computer in the icafe. If you scroll to the bottom of that list, there is sometimes a special. While on the Oasis in February, they would advertise internet specials thru your messages which you accessed using your interactive TV in your cabin. One day you could use your coupon and get a free day of surf and stream for the price of just surf. Since I usually use my free days toward the end of the week, there has also been a special where you use your coupon for the free days and can get internet to the end of the cruise for $1.99. Since I cruise solo many times, I try to maximize my 2 free days.

Yes the internet offers do appear on the computer when you log in to purchase however the letter that I quoted specifically mentioned all your on board offers which you cannot check.

I received this email in response to my question about changes to the internet plan.

Dear xxxxxx:

Thank you for your e-mail. As a member of the Crown & Anchor Society, your savings continue throughout your cruise vacation with our Virtual Ultimate Value Booklet. These onboard offers provide exclusive discounts for a variety of onboard activities such as internet usage, luxury spa services, and much more. Your offers will be loaded electronically onto your SeaPass card at the start of your cruise vacation. Onboard offers may vary by your membership level, as well as your itinerary. Unfortunately we are unable to provide exactly what will be available on which sailings including the availability of complimentary internet.

A full list of your onboard offers can be found on the back of the welcome letter delivered to your stateroom on day one of your cruise. In addition, you can review your remaining offers by visiting an iCafe computer or using your personal computer while onboard. Members sailing on a ship with an interactive TV system will have the additional option of viewing their remaining offers through the interactive TV available in each stateroom.

If you do not receive your welcome letter, your onboard offers will still be loaded onto your SeaPass card on the first day of your cruise. Please see our Loyalty Ambassadors onboard and let them know that you did not receive your letter.

Crown & Anchor Society onboard offers are only valid for the member whose name is printed on the SeaPass card containing specific offers. The member must be present when making a purchase. Additionally, onboard offers are only valid for the length of the cruise. If you do not wish to redeem your onboard offer during a particular purchase, please advise our staff member and that onboard offer will not be applied.

Remember that your benefits get better the more you sail with us. Check them out at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do. You can learn more about your benefits by logging into the Crown & Anchor Society secure section of the Royal Caribbean website.

If you are interested in taking a cruise vacation with Royal Caribbean International in the future, we would love to have you onboard. We have the best, most innovative ships, amenities, destinations, and service in the world. With itineraries located in Europe, Australia, the Caribbean and more, we will be able to assist you with a vacation of a lifetime. Feel free to visit us online at www.royalcaribbean.com, call us at 866-562-7625, or visit a local travel agent to get more information about our cruise line.

xxxxx, we look forward to welcoming you, our valued Diamond Crown & Anchor Society member, onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Very standard answer with no information.

Miami rarely knows what is happening on the ships.

In this case I believe the situation is very fluid and may change day to day for a while.

Loved it had a good laugh thank you.

1522656913706.thumb.jpg.26826cd76091269df750d032a3e6512c.jpg

Pleased for you.

We have been together 40 years no need to be jealous.

Interesting. One of the onboard reports was from the Brilliance.

We were also on the Brilliance, on a B2B2B from 3/17 to 3/31. I used the Internet as usual on the first cruise and didn't use it on the second cruise, but when I tried to set up an ID Wednesday on the third cruise, there was no option for the free D+ access. I went to Guest Services and, after much waiting for the rep to find out what to tell me, she told me to go ahead and pay it and then she would refund it. She passed it off as an IT error, which we've certainly learned to accept.

When I went back for my refund, another rep waited on me and said the program was changing after the next cruise, that they hadn't announced it yet but the computers were programmed "early."

Definitely Brilliance was involved.

I was feeling better about this after reading Royal's responses (this is the most important perk to us except the balcony discount) until I read the response to Pilot. Now I guess we'll have to wait and see.

One can only hope! I'll be very disappointed if they are taking this away.

Margy

Dear xxxxxx:

Funny how that link doesn't work and there is no "Crown and Anchor Society secure section" on the site.

Nice to know everyone at RCL is on the same page, huh?

\

That is not a list of all of the benefits. There are several benefits for each level that are loaded onto your Seapass that are not listed on the PDF.

Miami rarely knows what is happening on the ships.

In this case I believe the situation is very fluid and may change day to day for a while.

For most issues that may be the case, but for internet, Miami does know what's going on (their IT folks, not necessarily their CSRs) as they control most of it, fleetwide.

That is not a list of all of the benefits. There are several benefits for each level that are loaded onto your Seapass that are not listed on the PDF.

Those offers that are loaded on are not listed because they are changeable. They are not guaranteed. You might call them benefits but they are really onboard discounts to Diamond and Diamond Plus members that they don't have any obligation to provide. The benefits on the PDF they are obligated to provide until they change the program.

Those offers that are loaded on are not listed because they are changeable. They are not guaranteed. You might call them benefits but they are really onboard discounts to Diamond and Diamond Plus members that they don't have any obligation to provide. The benefits on the PDF they are obligated to provide until they change the program.

What perks and benefits of C&A are “guaranteed”? I am not aware of any.