Sunbathing - Au Natural

W283386

Is it possible to sun bathe fully nude or topless (wife) on the balcony of a sweet 16 cabin? I know part of the balcony is open but does the enclosed part give you enough privacy from above and from those adjacent?

Specifically in regards to sweet 16 cabins...

Almost, but not quite. There is privacy to the left and right (although someone could peek around the partition). The main problem is that you have a regular balcony above you on deck 7 that can look straight down onto the extended portion of your balcony. The cabin above you (and its neighbors) would have a clear view of a majority of your balcony.

If she wants to get her breasts sunburned there shouldn’t be a problem on any balcony. I highly doubt that anyone will be lurking or looking for that and if they are so what, let them get their cheap thrills. I have never encountered passengers on adjacent balconies looking around the dividers. In fact I rarely see any of them and I spend a lot of time on the balcony.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Is it possible to sun bathe fully or topless (wife) on the balcony of a sweet 16 cabin.

Of course it's possible. You didn't ask if it was advisable, or if there was any expectation of privacy. That would be no, and no.

I have never encountered passengers on adjacent balconies looking around the dividers. In fact I rarely see any of them and I spend a lot of time on the balcony.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I have, I was standing out in all my glory one morning when I looked to the right the old woman next door was peeking around the partition. Not sure who was more surprised, me or her....;p

We were on the Solstice on the deck outside of OVC. We decided to look down to see the aft balcony we would have for the next leg of our B2B... well there she was, topless and in full view of the many who stand and look down at those balconies. .. one deck down. Obviously must have been aware.

So the bottom line is that it is of course physically possible to do it, but there is a good chance you will be seen - either by someone next to you looking over, above you looking down, or by the cameras they have at various locations on the ship including looking down the sides of the ship.

Having just had a good friend die of melanoma I would also question why anyone would want to do this, but then I feel the same way when I walk past all the well-oiled bodies by the pool deck. An ugly, painful, horrible way to die, and virtually preventable by not doing such things. I hope the tan is worth it.:( Sorry for the lecture, but if you saw what my friend went through you would feel impelled to be a crusader as well, even if it annoys people.

So the bottom line is that it is of course physically possible to do it, but there is a good chance you will be seen - either by someone next to you looking over, above you looking down, or by the cameras they have at various locations on the ship including looking down the sides of the ship.

Having just had a good friend die of melanoma I would also question why anyone would want to do this, but then I feel the same way when I walk past all the well-oiled bodies by the pool deck. An ugly, painful, horrible way to die, and virtually preventable by not doing such things. I hope the tan is worth it.:( Sorry for the lecture, but if you saw what my friend went through you would feel impelled to be a crusader as well, even if it annoys people.

As a melanoma patient totally agree, many doctors consider sunbathing as the “new smoking” without the side effects to others.

I always find time for a bit of naked sunbathing on our balconies (plenty of SPF 30) - no matter which ship.

I do my best to be hidden away but if people see that doesn't bother me too much - they shouldn't be peeking :P

By some rule of physics you can often see what is happening on the neighboring balcony, as reflected on the plexiglas of your balcony. Even when you are back against the door of your cabin. Sometimes, you don't WANT to see. EM

Celebrity's policy used to be vague. Something like "based on itinerary" and at the discretion of staff. As recently as 2016, I would fairly regularly see topless women on the top deck at the front of the ship. Is that now expressly prohibited?

This was addressed in the Guest Conduct Policy but for the life of me, I cannot find the actual policy on their website anymore. Anyone know how to get it? The cruise ticket contract refers you to the website but the actual policy seems to be MIA.

I always find time for a bit of naked sunbathing on our balconies (plenty of SPF 30) - no matter which ship.

I do my best to be hidden away but if people see that doesn't bother me too much - they shouldn't be peeking :P

Thanks for sharing that info. That reminds me to bring large sani-wipes for the loungers on the balcony!;p