Elite laundry for 7 nite cruise?

39august

A Elite member gets 1 bag of wash & fold laundry per cruise. If the person you are traveling with is also Elite they get 1 bag of laundry also.

This benefit is the same regardless of length of the cruise.

A Elite member gets 1 bag of wash & fold laundry per cruise. If the person you are traveling with is also Elite they get 1 bag of laundry also.

This benefit is the same regardless of length of the cruise.

I never did understand their logic for doing it this way.

If you take a 14 night cruise, or even longer, you receive only the perks that you would get for a one week cruise -- nothing more.

But if you instead take two 7 night cruises back-to-back, then you receive double the perks and additionally are sometimes given a coupon for even more free laundry on top of that.

Edited by fleckle

I never did understand their logic for doing it this way.

If you take a 14 night cruise, or even longer, you receive only the perks that you would get for a one week cruise -- nothing more.

But if you instead take two 7 night cruises back-to-back, then you receive double the perks and additionally are sometimes given a coupon for even more free laundry on top of that.

As generalizations go ... two 7N are often more expensive than one 14N. So there may be a little logic there :confused:

Not sure why someone would require laundry on a 7-day cruise except to have clean clothes getting home or because they took or wil take a land tour before/afterwards. Nice to have, but not something required for the actual cruise in most cases.

So we use the laundry on the extended cruises, and take enough clothes for a 7-day cruise and get it recycled.

I always say, the ship and every port has clothes, so just make sure you have enough underwear and the ‘resst’ will work out.

Den

Not sure why someone would require laundry on a 7-day cruise except to have clean clothes getting home or because they took or wil take a land tour before/afterwards. Nice to have, but not something required for the actual cruise in most cases.

So we use the laundry on the extended cruises, and take enough clothes for a 7-day cruise and get it recycled.

I always say, the ship and every port has clothes, so just make sure you have enough underwear and the ‘resst’ will work out.

Den

Useless response that doesn't answer the OP's question.

But for the record, many of us travel extra days before/after the actual cruise making the bag of laundry more than a nice to have.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Useless response that doesn't answer the OP's question.

But for the record, many of us travel extra days before/after the actual cruise making the bag of laundry more than a nice to have.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Thank you. I love making useless posts.

But I was actually responding to the ‘why are 7-day and 14-day cruise benefits the same’ type post. And I did say that the 7-day laundry was handy for those taking travels before/after but that may have got lost since my response was 4 sentences.

Sorry you missed that and had to repeat it.

Den

The other illogical requirement is that no Elite laundry wash and fold laundry can be turned in the last three days of the cruise, so in practice, you can only turn in up to four days laundry on a seven day cruise. I can see closing out the laundry the last two days because the crew needs time to clean it and return it, but the three day laundry balck out puzzles me.

The "rule" about no free laundry is not always adhered too. Get the good oil from your cabin attendant as to whether or not you can push the boundaries. If you have looked after him good chance he/she will look after you. I have had free laundry done 2 days out but I wouldn't count on having available every cruise. I think the 3 day rule is to ensure that they get your laundry back to you in time to pack

One reason for using dry cleaning on a swven day cruise is to clean the wine stains caused by the sommelier.

We turned in laundry within the last three days with no problem Just confirm with your steward

Den

I totally agree (and Denny's post is less "useless " than THOUSANDS of other posts on here). We can extend this to a ten day cruise/land trip. (Maybe 14 if it's a trip in warm weather.) We wash things in the sink as necessary (and I miss the clothesline in the shower).

I'd use the free laundry perk if we were Elite, but we book inside and OV cabins, so It takes forever to get to Elite - which is fair, IMO. BUT one of my very very few complaints about X is the ridiculously, unnecessarily expensive laundry cost.

And, now that we are retired and sent our work attire to the consignment shops, we own so few clothes that need dry cleaning that it's a non issue.

Prior to our becoming elite, on Celebrity, we took 11, 12 and 14 day cruises and used the laundry because we always did a pre-cruise land trip. Never spent more than $50 on laundry. We hand washed underwear and socks as well as gym clothes. Unless we are traveling in the Summer, I can wear the same shirt 2-3 times and trousers 3-4 times.

Since we are elite, we use the free laundry bag now for nearly everything and we frequently put in a bag a couple of days after we embark.

Just to clarify, it's not a bag of laundry, it's 20 pieces for a 7-night cruise, and 30 pieces for a longer cruise, and a pair of socks = one item. ;pFor Elite +, you get double the laundry. No coupons anymore. It is loaded onto your seapass.

For elite members taking a 12 night or longer cruise, besides the 1 free bag of laundry elites also can get another bag of laundry done at a discounted rate of $20. If you roll up the shirts, shorts etc tightly you can really fit quite a bit in one of the paper laundry bags. We then use the free dry cleaning coupons for larger items like sweaters or slacks.

Just to clarify, it's not a bag of laundry, it's 20 pieces for a 7-night cruise, and 30 pieces for a longer cruise, and a pair of socks = one item. ;pFor Elite +, you get double the laundry. No coupons anymore. It is loaded onto your seapass.

I thought the norm was 30 pieces on any cruise, except in certain areas of the world where for some legal restrictions, they reduce it to 20 pieces. It has nothing at all to do with the length of the cruise.

Has something changed???

Note: AFAIK, there is no restriction that you must get all 20/30 pieces in one bag....we often give them two bags because there's no way that 30 pieces actually fit in one bag if you are doing jeans etc.

I thought the norm was 30 pieces on any cruise, except in certain areas of the world where for some legal restrictions, they reduce it to 20 pieces. It has nothing at all to do with the length of the cruise.

Has something changed???

Note: AFAIK, there is no restriction that you must get all 20/30 pieces in one bag....we often give them two bags because there's no way that 30 pieces actually fit in one bag if you are doing jeans etc.

For all our 7-night Bermuda cruises, it was 20 items. I was surprised when I first saw it. We got 30 items on all the longer cruises.

For all our 7-night Bermuda cruises, it was 20 items. I was surprised when I first saw it. We got 30 items on all the longer cruises.

Our Bermuda cruises were also 20 items and of course that works out to 40 when we both use it. I think people just say a bag because you put them in the bag. We are one of those people who do our laundry before we go home.

I totally agree (and Denny's post is less "useless " than THOUSANDS of other posts on here). We can extend this to a ten day cruise/land trip.......

Thank you, you are a Gentleman/woman and Scholar!!

Den

I always consider this when packing...and I have to think it out carefully...

We are Elite Plus...so, it's two bags (or whatever it is now) each per cruise...

But we often do long cruises with multiple days pre-cruise and multiple days post cruise--especially when cruising during the Summer when my wife is off work for school summer vacation.

This coming year or so, we have:

1) an Alaska cruise--7 nights, only one night pre-cruise in Anchorage. For this one, likely we won't need to use the laundry perk at all...but, since it's there, we may pack everything we've worn thus far at whatever the deadline is and send it to the laundry to be able to pack clean clothes for the trip home and do less laundry when we get home (besides, we're leaving a week later for a river cruise).

2) a 14 night Southeast Asia cruise with a pre-cruise night in Hong Kong after a 14 hour flight there. We'll appreciate the perk here as I doubt we pack for 16 days. Better to pack for about 6-8 days and send in the laundry a couple of times when needed.

3) back-to-back 12 night cruises in Europe...and we'll likely spend some nights pre-cruise and maybe a couple post cruise depending on what flights we find...so we may be gone 30+ days altogether. It will be nice to have 8 loads of laundry between us. By the time we even get to the ship, we may be ready to send in that first load...and then we'll look to send in a load every time we have enough dirty clothes. With 50 pound, one piece luggage restrictions, it is virtually impossible to pack 30+ days worth of clothes...or anything near that!

Of course, the ultimate answer--for us or anyone--is that you can always just pay for additional laundry/dry cleaning if you need it. It's nice that they give us whatever they give us for free...as it is nice to get free pre-dinner drinks or free internet minutes...but these are all things we could always just pay for--small amounts compared to our overall cruise costs. In fact, the Elite Drinking lounge has become somewhat redundant as we now have free drink packages attached to most of our cruises anyway (We just like the service and atmosphere in the Elite lounge).

So per bag is 20 items? Fifty bucks a bag for us peons who aren't Elite (even after about 40 days on celebrity over 4 cruises).

On our 14 day Japan cruise next year, we'll be washing a lot of underwear, socks, leggings and t-shirts in the sink.

PS. Denny - thx for the compliment.

So per bag is 20 items? Fifty bucks a bag for us peons who aren't Elite (even after about 40 days on celebrity over 4 cruises).

On our 14 day Japan cruise next year, we'll be washing a lot of underwear, socks, leggings and t-shirts in the sink.

PS. Denny - thx for the compliment.

Set up a clothes line on your balcony -- just call it a Japanese Laundry. ;)