Seriously Celebrity?

Oville

The Celebrity website continues to annoy. We are on the January 20th Edge. I got an email reminding that we can book speciality restaurants and the $300 Celebrity OBC will be applied. So I booked 3 restaurants for a total of $330 and was asked to pay the additional $30 by credit card which I did. Within a minute I received an email saying my credit card was charge $330. Two days later I call Captain’s Club and the rep canceled the 3 reservations, rebooked them and got my agreement to charge my credit card $30. Guess what, it never happened. My cruise still shows a $300 OBC and no reimbursement to our credit card. How can any comany’s website continue to be so horrendous? So tomorrow I’ll start all over with the Captain’s Club, Celebrity should be embarrassed.

The Celebrity website continues to annoy. We are on the January 20th Edge. I got an email reminding that we can book speciality restaurants and the $300 Celebrity OBC will be applied. So I booked 3 restaurants for a total of $330 and was asked to pay the additional $30 by credit card which I did. Within a minute I received an email saying my credit card was charge $330. Two days later I call Captain’s Club and the rep canceled the 3 reservations, rebooked them and got my agreement to charge my credit card $30. Guess what, it never happened. My cruise still shows a $300 OBC and no reimbursement to our credit card. How can any comany’s website continue to be so horrendous? So tomorrow I’ll start all over with the Captain’s Club, Celebrity should be embarrassed.

Apparently the CEO is more interested in taking away things like free bottled water from Aqua Class rather then concerning herself with a minor thing like the X Website.

Hank

Katie -- I'm rather surprised. Not at the gross incompetence of the X website (that's legendary). But, when we've had problems, the Captain's Club rep can usually fix them -- on the first try. Here's hoping that the next CC rep you talk to has a better command of the website!

And, with all of the questions about Virgin Voyages' ship design, etc, I'm reasonably confident that they will put together a decent, workable website. I'm sure that Branson and McAlpin know that the young, hip, well-heeled 'sailors' that they are trying to attract will NOT stand for the kind of problems endlessly endured by X passengers!

The absolute abysmal quality of the Celebrity Website never ceases to amaze me. I can only imagine it must be an inhouse effort by graduates or something. I just can't understand why they don't either hire some people internally to build a proper system or outsource the damn thing to someone with experience in building sites, I always wonder how many customers they have lost just from their site over the years.

For those of us who are having issues with the website and can bring up to whatever standard sought not only for them but for others who have 'issues' with the website, here is your opportunity to do something more.

Maybe get your high schooler involved? Just a thought.

bon voyage

Apparently the CEO is more interested in taking away things like free bottled water from Aqua Class rather then concerning herself with a minor thing like the X Website.

Hank

Amen, as a matter of fact last year she bragged about their wonderful website on some web talk.

Question- When placing the final order did you toggle the OBC amount to use the entire $300 on the order? Sometimes this is not obvious when making these bookings. I am assuming you did since you were asked to pay only $30.

Sorry to hear some are having problems. We have 5 booking and I have been busy booking dinner reservations, upgrading beverage packages, etc and so far I have been pretty lucky with the website.

Last week we booked 2 excursions; used $109 of OBC for 1 persons and charged 1 to a credit card. Everything went through correctly and our remaining OBC balance of $191 is showing and the credit card charge was correct.

Hope you get this fixed soon.

Question- When placing the final order did you toggle the OBC amount to use the entire $300 on the order? Sometimes this is not obvious when making these bookings. I am assuming you did since you were asked to pay only $30.

I did as did the Captain’s Club rep. I’ve had house guess since Friday but will try CC again tomorrow. Oddly, I got an email from Celebrity saying my original reservations were cancel but still no refund on my credit card.

Sorry to hear some are having problems. We have 5 booking and I have been busy booking dinner reservations, upgrading beverage packages, etc and so far I have been pretty lucky with the website.

Last week we booked 2 excursions; used $109 of OBC for 1 persons and charged 1 to a credit card. Everything went through correctly and our remaining OBC balance of $191 is showing and the credit card charge was correct.

Hope you get this fixed soon.

So happy for you, maybe this can get straightened out tomorrow. Maybe I should go and cancel all reservations and start over again.

I did as did the Captain’s Club rep. I’ve had house guess since Friday but will try CC again tomorrow. Oddly, I got an email from Celebrity saying my original reservations were cancel but still no refund on my credit card.

Credit card refunds can take up to 20 “business” days to be processed and some cc company’s don’t immediately post chargebacks on your account. It is not an instantaneous process.

If the chargeback request was submitted on Friday by a res agent it will go over to accounting Monday or Tuesday for batch processing. Most merchants only batch process chargebacks once or twice a week and have a certain “cutoff” window for each batch they process. It is then a matter of how quickly your cc issuer actually reflects the chargeback on your account.

Celebrity cancelled one of our pre booked tours in April ( June sailing)

It took about 10 days to show on my C.card bill and it was listed as ‘Celebrity Paris.’

Not sure if that is because we live in UK, so it’s considered a EU dealing.

However, when you are on a ship, the refund is shown that evening ( unfortunately our ship was denied entry into St Petersburg, so all Celebrity excursions were refunded)

It took about 10 days to show on my C.card bill and it was listed as ‘Celebrity Paris.’

However, when you are on a ship, the refund is shown that evening ( unfortunately our ship was denied entry into St Petersburg, so all Celebrity excursions were refunded)

Your ship was denied entry? Do you know the reason?

Although I never thought about it, I, intrinsically, know that ships can be denied entry into countries/ports at any time... but never heard from anyone on X who has experienced it.

bon voyage

Holy Moley... do you know why the ship was denied entry to St Pete? When we sailed the Baltics itinerary it was specifically for those 2 days in StP. So sorry to read this.

Your ship was denied entry? Do you know the reason?

Although I never thought about it, I, intrinsically, know that ships can be denied entry into countries/ports at any time... but never heard from anyone on X who has experienced it.

bon voyage

Apparently, it was too windy for a ship of our size to turn in the narrow entry channel.

I have been in far worse seas. We bobbed around outside the port for 2 days, before we finally left at 10.30am on the second day.

Attempts were also made at 3pm on the first day and 3 am on the second day, presumably at high tide.

P&O Britannia got in by the ‘skin of their teeth’ the previous day and Azamara Quest did on the second day, but Quest is much smaller than Silhouette. Passengers on a TJ tour in St Petersburg were told we were the only cruise ship not to get in.

Captain Peppas said the port have a chart which correlated ship size and wind speed and we were in the unacceptable section. He said it was the port denying us entry. Port fees were refunded after a few days, but NO other compensation, as it was an’Act of God,’ but we were given letters to send to our insurance company. Unfortunately, we didn’t have cruise cover on our insurance.

There are quite a few reviews before mine in the cruise review section, documenting passengers feelings. Here is the link to my review:

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=627930

Edited by upwarduk

Back on topic, I went in and canceled all my reservations and rebooked them one at a time. The OBC was applied to each and the $30 overage charged to my credit card.

I don’t think my original bookings were ever canceled by Captain’s Club as I changed the time on one and on my Calendar the new time was never reflected.

Thank you all for your feedback.:)

Hank

^^^^ This.

X website a disgrace.

2 or 3 hours a few weeks ago just to book shore excursions that should have been easily bookable on the web.

I recently booked my first Celebrity cruise and cant believe how poor the website is. It locks you out for 20 minutes every time you try to log in. Lucky I have 9 months until my cruise.

I have seen so many posts referring to this 20 minute lockout. Until yesterday, this never happened to me.

I was logged in, using the cruise planner, and got booted to a screen where it said I was locked out for 20 minutes. Just for fun, I tried to log back in, and it let me in immediately! So, users who get the locked-out message should try to get in again. In my case, it seems like the problem was an incorrect error message and not a real lock out.

Still doesn't change the fact the website has issues! But at least I was right back in :)

Hank

LOL, that's so true.

I just received an email saying she'll be on the Edge maiden voyage(s) - wonder if aqua class staterooms will have bottled water if she's on the ship ;)

LOL, that's so true.

I just received an email saying she'll be on the Edge maiden voyage(s) - wonder if aqua class staterooms will have bottled water if she's on the ship ;)

If I recall correctly, that did actually happen the last time she sailed and pax complained: water was reintroduced for that particular sailing only :rolleyes:.

Btw, I did reply to you on the other thread ;).