Help with suite etiquette

10 minutes ago, ashleyriley said:

If I may ask a question regarding suite perks. I know priority boarding is available for suites when first boarding on day one. Are suite guests also given priority to get off and on the ship while in port? Thanks!

Not usually, unless it's a tender port.

3 hours ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

My questions for you experienced loungers-what should we not do so we are not “that” couple?  

Don't be loud, be polite and wear something that blends in (don't wear the robe from your closet).

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Don't be loud, be polite and wear something that blends in (don't wear the robe from your closet).

I think we’ll be good there.  We are very quiet but friendly and there’s zero chance I would wear that robe outside of the cabin.  Now, a lanyard is a different story.....

4 hours ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

I’ll admit. We’ll be nervous the first time we enter that lounge.  Figure it will give us practice for the next cruise when we’ll finally be diamond. 

I think it is admirable that you would ask...and as someone else posted...you are not "that couple" since you already are concerned with not being as such.  

Do keep in mind the SL (Suites Lounge is for full suites and Pinnacles).  When you turn Diamond on Oasis class you will have access to the Diamond Lounge only, unless you book a full suite.  Enjoy your GS!!  :classic_biggrin:

25 minutes ago, molly361 said:

On Allure now. First time in the suite lounge. Hope I'm not screwing up. I thought everyone loved my robe this morning 😱

OMG.  Can't believe Dan let you out of the stateroom!

34 minutes ago, molly361 said:

On Allure now. First time in the suite lounge. Hope I'm not screwing up. I thought everyone loved my robe this morning 😱

Ahhh tell Dexter and Bechir, Cody and Blake said Hi if you get a chance. Dexter and Bechir are amazing!! Also try the mascarpone cheesecake balls, you won’t regret it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ashleyriley said:

If I may ask a question regarding suite perks. I know priority boarding is available for suites when first boarding on day one. Are suite guests also given priority to get off and on the ship while in port? Thanks!

Depends on the port and on the concierges. We have gotten priority off the ship on occasion, the concierges will let you know when and where they are doing it. Be sure to listen to their (lengthy) voicemails in your room for all the details, or just ask them.

As far as not being "that couple," just be considerate of others and you will be fine. Don't be that couple that hogs all of the concierge's time when clearly there are other people waiting. Don't be loud or obnoxious in the lounge. Don't rearrange the furniture. Stuff like that.

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Andy 🤔😉

Haha!  

I’m sure you won’t be “that” couple as long as you don’t bark at someone to bring you a Pinot Grigio before the bar has opened and before the staff has had a chance to set the bar up for opening.  

I do want to add a couple of things - no one in SL/CK has ever been stuffy in our experience so I don’t think you will feel it is pretentious at all.  Chat up a storm with everyone - you are going to meet wonderful people.  Also, the crew in that SL/CK are some of the finest, kindest people that have ever served us on a cruise and they will make you feel right at home.  

Edited by Andy C
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Andy C said:

Haha!  

I’m sure you won’t be “that” couple as long as you don’t bark at someone to bring you a Pinot Grigio before the bar has opened and before the staff has had a chance to set the bar up for opening.  

I do want to add a couple of things - no one in SL/CK has ever been stuffy in our experience so I don’t think you will feel it is pretentious at all.  Chat up a storm with everyone - you are going to meet wonderful people.  Also, the crew in that SL/CK are some of the finest, kindest people that have ever served us on a cruise and they will make you feel right at home.  

We definitely aren’t the barking type of people.   I don’t think we’ve ever complained about anything on any cruise we’ve taken.   Some cruises were better than others, but we’ve enjoyed every single cruise we’ve taken, starting back on the now scuttled Carnival Festivale. 

Thanks to everyone for their tips, pictures and other insights.  We are truly looking forward to a new experience.     

• Like 2

If you eat breakfast in Coastal Kitchen don't be afraid to ask for a mimosa if you enjoy them in the morning.  While the suite lounge beer/wine offerings don't start until 11am, they'll serve complimentary mimosas at breakfast. 

Also, ask for bottles of water to take back to your cabin.  We would often take a couple at a time and keep our cabin stocked.

I stumbled across some more Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen pictures.

The port side entrance is labelled Coastal Kitchen.

1347416593_HarnonySL-CK-8.jpg.0592a5ad99d4846186791cb63936a63d.jpg

The starboard side entrance is labelled Suite Lounge.

1599052168_HarnonySL-CK-9.jpg.0fb35c7c53b764a32182f59b239cd333.jpg

Each has a card reader on the wall for access. 

It's one big open space shared by Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge. 

The port side of the overall space is Coastal Kitchen.

1525208886_HarnonySL-CK-7.jpg.86b88c3d13ef0fec8f4dfeedaeedd13b.jpg

The bar sits in the middle of the overall space with Coastal Kitchen tables in the foreground.

658807589_HarnonySL-CK-6.jpg.5f9d3caf0411f5a953f8c751e523a4ee.jpg

576197615_HarnonySL-CK-5.jpg.f7563915a4c14aeada7f3b2df872c689.jpg

The tables belong to Coastal Kitchen.  Beyond the tables on the starboard of the overall space are sofa and chairs for the suite lounge use. 

1933994610_HarnonySL-CK-4.jpg.66e07160919f6006f4a84314048a0964.jpg

The lounge side of the overall space on the starboard side.  Breakfast bar and multi-purpose coffee machine around the corner in the distance.  That's the concierge desk to the right,

524816890_HarnonySL-CK-1.jpg.9ae48397bcd43a825f1447bdbe2d6b1b.jpg

The view while sitting at the bar if you turn around to face the windows.

1907478415_HarnonySL-CK-3.jpg.8ca4a5c8ae82595a70279f41f7b3d224.jpg

Group table used for special events and larger groups.

1015336695_HarnonySL-CK-2.jpg.4e9ebe47ea3b10be746dfc744f7f84d8.jpg

When you arrive to eat at CK see the hostess for seating, don't just sit at any empty table.  They have a hostess stand near the CK entrance on the port side.

Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge are very distinctive in the 'crown' of the ship on deck 17.  I don't always sail in suites but when I do I take full advantage of having access to this space.  Unless you are Pinnacle, a grand suite or higher is the only way to gain access. You paid for it, don't be shy using it.

1656069073_HarnonySL-CK-10.jpg.3130c8c2a9872351092e976eb5f61c8a.jpg

Lastly, while not lounge related, keep an eye out for an invitation to the suite sail away party on the helipad.  It's only offered one time per cruise.  The helipad isn't open to the public like it is on certain older ships.  This is the only way to get out there.  It's easy to miss the small card invite that will be dropped off in your cabin with all the stuff going on.  

1993442639_HarnonySL-CK-20.jpg.a5b2a4bf8ca4656dbf19a1ee949e3baf.jpg

They typically present some senior officers and do a little speech with a champagne toast.

2088820908_HarnonySL-CK-21.jpg.f977635c13fb86af5abd9e6487e1ede0.jpg

Edited by twangster
  • Like 2

And on Oasis, that layout is flip flopped in reverse, (which I actually prefer due to sitting at the bar, you are looking at a wall of windows to the outside... instead of a wall).  

That larger table in the middle is used for Chef's Table.  

I can see us using the Suite Lounge a lot!   We can handle the sun for an hour or two and then our northern skin demands we find refuge inside.   The pictures you’ve posted are really fabulous.   We love sitting on the balcony just watching the world go by, and I think we’ll love doing the same in the SL.