I don't stay signed in

Tennessee Titan

13 minutes ago, Tennessee Titan said:

Have to sign in every time I enter site. Started yesterday...

That has been happening to me also, but I did stay signed in for this present session. It seems to be another new glitch with their new "updated" site.

The glitch that I find even more annoying is when I hit submit reply and submit reply changes to saving, but my post does not get posted.

Edited by ontheweb
save changed to saving

I took me nearly two hours to post the sail a way thread for tomorrow.

The thread takes time to do and I kept getting logged out.  I frantically copied it as to redo it would have taken more time.

To top it off, the itinerary maps that I took the time to load wouldn’t even post.

CC has issues for sure.

I don’t know how long they think posters will hang in for this malarkey.

• Thanks 1

I've found that back tab doesn't work for more than one page. It just bounces me back and forth.
Example: I am on page two of the forum, click on a thread, read to the bottom of the page, then go to the next page of that thread. When done, I want to go back to page 2 of the forum, so I hit back tab. That takes me back to the first page of the thread I was reading (correctly). Then I hit back tab again, which should take me back to p.2 of the forum. Nope. It takes me to the next page of the thread, again!

No, I am not hitting the wrong keys; it's happened enough that I know it is the site. Yes, I have figured out the work-around. But it is still frustrating.

I managed to sign in this time, but frequently, my "sign in" doesn't work either.  And there are a bunch of threads where I have a response that won't post.  If it ever corrects, my posts will probably appear half a dozen or more times, I clicked on the "Submit Rerply" so often!  (Will it up my post count?)

28 minutes ago, RuthC said:

I've found that back tab doesn't work for more than one page. It just bounces me back and forth.
Example: I am on page two of the forum, click on a thread, read to the bottom of the page, then go to the next page of that thread. When done, I want to go back to page 2 of the forum, so I hit back tab. That takes me back to the first page of the thread I was reading (correctly). Then I hit back tab again, which should take me back to p.2 of the forum. Nope. It takes me to the next page of the thread, again!

No, I am not hitting the wrong keys; it's happened enough that I know it is the site. Yes, I have figured out the work-around. But it is still frustrating.

Ruth, this is for you.14db235.jpg.6ae487b28cb5b329bbbff4a2eeb8e265.jpg

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, cruisin'mama said:

I don’t stay signed in either plus I can’t sign in with my username anymore, just my email address 

I've had to do that for ages or I get multiple responses, as I have a zero '0" in my name, but some people use a capital o "O" and that has confused CC terribly.

Just had to sign in again to post this comment. I tried to post a new topic in the Hawaii thread a few days ago & it ended up in Columbia? WTH? Tried to fix it & couldn’t for the life of me even figure out how to delete. I’m not computer ignorant I just can’t figure this site out anymore! 

5 hours ago, skypig said:

Just had to sign in again to post this comment. I tried to post a new topic in the Hawaii thread a few days ago & it ended up in Columbia? WTH? Tried to fix it & couldn’t for the life of me even figure out how to delete. I’m not computer ignorant I just can’t figure this site out anymore! 

It’s never been possible to delete your own post on CC.  If you are still within the editing time window, you can delete the text and substitute something like [posted in wrong place].  If you are past the editing time, you can report your post to the mods (using the report post feature in the upper right of the post) and ask the mods to delete it. 

5 hours ago, dobiemom said:

I'm glad I'm in good company. I've had all the problems mentioned. Sigh. 

Me too.  Ruth's problem with the back tab along with attempting to return via any means to your previous page is very very very annoying since the only fix I've been able to do is just close out and reenter CC.  Couple that with having to reinput my sign in data each time make my usage of this site very limited at this time.

Prior to this latest re-sign problem when bringing up CC it would bring up the original forum page without picking up your user-id and then immediately flash blank and then redisplay it with you signed in.  POA described this in much more elegant terms than I. :classic_ohmy:  Guessing this current problem is a result of someone "fix" to that problem.  YEA, sure it worked!!

I'm getting the feeling that the same tech "professionals" that worked on HAL's newest debacle have also had a hand in CC newest web design and implementation.

9 hours ago, skypig said:

I wonder if this is the glitch that is causing so many posts in the Roll Calls that seem totally out of place?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RuthC said:

If you are on a computer, which I think you are, click and hold the back button on the browser toolbar. It should display a list of previous pages you visited. If you go down two or three, you go back like you'd expect. The site does an in-page refresh which messes up the normal back behavior. 

I haven't signed in for a few days and had no problem previously.

Today CC 'remembered' me ok and automatically signed me in.  Then just going through the forum, I was thrown out and had to sign in again.

Frustrating, amateurish, and totally unnecessary!